Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding this whole vouching for members thing

4 posters

Go down

Regarding this whole vouching for members thing Empty Regarding this whole vouching for members thing

Post by Kil'drakor Mon May 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Perhaps you should make it clear in the public section how this works.

I can imagine that newly registered members have no idea why their accounts hadn't been activated yet and just stopped visiting because of that.

On a personal level I dislike the fact that most boards are hidden if you aren't granted access. It would make more sense if people just aren't able to post before they get approved membership, making this forum look less elitist.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Regarding this whole vouching for members thing Empty Re: Regarding this whole vouching for members thing

Post by Saevir Mon May 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Gnash wrote:Perhaps you should make it clear in the public section how this works.

I can imagine that newly registered members have no idea why their accounts hadn't been activated yet and just stopped visiting because of that.

On a personal level I dislike the fact that most boards are hidden if you aren't granted access. It would make more sense if people just aren't able to post before they get approved membership, making this forum look less elitist.

I think the idea of making the board invisible was to allow people to talk freely here without having to worry about who might read it (Goons, for example).

Moving specific sections such as the story archive into the public, as well as all the completely non-wow stuff (movie quiz thread, the BS thread, etc.) might be a good idea though.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Regarding this whole vouching for members thing Empty Re: Regarding this whole vouching for members thing

Post by Koroko Mon May 24, 2010 3:38 pm

I agree with Saevir, I can see no harm in inflicting the rest of the world with my awful fiction (and some of the other's good stuff too)
Koroko
Koroko

http://defiaseu.wikia.com/wiki/Koroko_Nightwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon May 24, 2010 3:40 pm

As far as I can tell only the Events section should be for our eyes only, though.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimgi Mon May 24, 2010 3:59 pm

I recommend at least to fix the public Newcomer FAQ :

Q: Thanks, that really helped me, what do i need to do then?

A: All you need to do is register and wait for your account to be activated then you can become a part of this forum community and get things going! Now onwards to the other questions!

As the register and wait is obviously not the correct way to get access to the forums.
Grimgi
Grimgi

Back to top Go down

Post by Koroko Mon May 24, 2010 4:06 pm

Grimgi wrote:I recommend at least to fix the public Newcomer FAQ :

Q: Thanks, that really helped me, what do i need to do then?

A: All you need to do is register and wait for your account to be activated then you can become a part of this forum community and get things going! Now onwards to the other questions!

As the register and wait is obviously not the correct way to get access to the forums.

agreed also, as it stands my current understanding is that you must contact one of the moderators and/or wait for someone to vouch for you (and if that is not possible you must actively seek out some roleplayers and prove yourself?) I'm not an authority on the subject but the current answer/definition could use a lot of work.
Koroko
Koroko

http://defiaseu.wikia.com/wiki/Koroko_Nightwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down