Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Summit - 2nd of May

+3
Allonia_Miral
siegmund
erwtenpeller
7 posters

Go down

[A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Summit - 2nd of May Empty [A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Summit - 2nd of May

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alliance Army - Private Message
TUESDAY, April 22nd. [30]

Dear Sir or Madame,

On the 2nd day of the Fifth Month, I request your presence in Stormwind keep to make arrangements for the reforming of the Army group known as the 10th Legion. In years past this multi-racial army group was held in high regard for its consistent and determined efforts to defend alliance settlements, Deter Horde aggression and defeat all and any who would raise a weapon to our peoples. With the problems our Alliance currently faces and with so many threats beyond our home borders I, and most likely you too, wish to see this force manifest once more to shield us from all and any who would wish us harm.

I, General Lionmane, Invite you to par-take in this meeting so that if you wish, you may add the considerable skills of yourself and your organization to this cause. This is by no means compulsory and should you wish to refrain from taking part until a later date none will hold it against you. The summit will be held in the War room of Stormwind keep at half past the eighth bell on the 2nd of may.

May the Light Guide you, King's Honor.

--General Lionmane, 10th Legion

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 10th Legion - The Vanguard

As you have already probably guessed, in the coming weeks I'm going to try and re-found the old Alliance Military... 'alliance', ahem. Back in Vanilla and TBC this often rag-tag group of guilds and mass of individuals Fought toe to toe with the best of what the Horde had to offer, promoting the firm reputation for W-RP-PvP that Defias had as well as providing the server with regular and deeply enjoyable Events.

The Above invitation is a Generic one, so you can receive it if you and your organization want to participate and show up accordingly. Individuals however will have the opportunity to participate by other means, namely the reservist initiative. Now you may be expecting a mass of information to follow this in a short Q&A, however I'm going to have to let you down as most the fine details won't decided until the first meeting occurs, i'm going to put some faith in IC and OOC democracy. Thankfully I do have some information I can share.

1 - What sort of events will this Initiative offer, and how often? - The Aim is to have a Meeting every second week with a primary event inbetween those which will vary between Training events, Dm'ed fights against various Gnoll/murloc/monster problems a region may have, Military meetings, patrols, Ceremonial events and of course... W-RP-PvP Skirmishes/battles and Campaigns.

2 - What if my guild isn't interested in this or isn't Military focused, how can I take part as an individual? - Simple! The 10th Legion will have its very own special reserve Brigade, made up of exactly those sort of individuals, regardless of guild or allegiance. This Brigade will go under the In character story that their being payed as part time reservists, allowing for a freedom to join in the Legions efforts without worrying about which guild your in. And of course, its open to Everyone. To become part of this reservist group either contact me in game on 'Thuros', in this thread or over the forum some way.

3 - I'm not much for the strict discipline and don't much like the idea of others bossing around me or my guild around, is that likely to be the case? - No, simply put. The GM of each guild is exactly that and will be responsible for his/her own guild/group and how much or little they choose to embrace such aspects of military RP. Military guilds interacting with military may certainly work out a balance of respect and discipline, but nobody is going to force it on anyone.

4 - So when it comes to events/battles, who will be leading? - the organizer, whichever individual inside the legion came up with the event or campaign and put it all together will be the 'Force commander' for the duration.

5 - What about us mercenaries, adventurers and the like... Are we invited too? - Everyone is invited to take part in some shape or form. If you Roleplay a regiment of soldiers, an order of paladins, a crew of pirates, a band of hired mercenaries or a merry group of Adventurers. If you want to Recieve the Invite at the top of this thread, you can. (and feel free to write IC responses to it in this thread! the more roleplay, the better!)

6 - Don't we already have war councils, ministers and meetings as is? whats the need for this? - Well there is no 'need', not really. The Aim of this is to provide a steady flow of events and plots, as well as a quicker and more efficient way to set up battles/campaigns with the Horde player base. And have some RP while we are at it.

7 - I want to take part, but I hate long boring meetings, will that be a problem? - No, not at all. Truth be told I'm not too fond of over long meetings myself, but every attempt will be made to include those who can't or don't attend the meetings.

8 - What if I or my guild only to attend a few events here and there, will that be a problem? - nope! Too much of one thing is never good and variety is the spice of life. If you only show up once a month it won't be a problem.

9 - Me and my guild are somewhat lacking in gear and levels, will that stop us attending events/battles? - No, never. Every effort will be made to assist in gearing you  (for example, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] May be of interest as well as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] one) but you will never be turned away or stopped from attending or participating.

10 - I'm not a Roleplayer, nor is my guild. Can we get involved? - This is a question i'l have to raise with anyone else who participates and get a proper consensus. However, I personally feel more and more of late that we need to try and involve pvp'ers in RP-pvp, as long as they play by our rules.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that is that, contact me on this forum or in game if you want to ask questions! IC reactions welcome.

Also! Thanks to Ave for producing that amazing banner back when I held the banner competition.

Last edited by Krogon Devilstep on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

[A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Summit - 2nd of May Empty Re: [A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Summit - 2nd of May

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:05 pm

General Lionmane,

I applaud your initiative. This time of peace is a treacherous one. While the noble Alliance builds and recuperates, the demonic horde will be sharpening their blades only waiting for a chance to break this truce and bring pain and suffering to the Alliance once again.

The Band of the Brave are currently on a mission in Pandaria, to provide aid and comfort to the victims of war. There are many causes on the mystical continent that may be worthy of your efforts. Keep an eye on your local [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] message board for more information.

I will not be able to attend your gathering, but I will request one of my teleporters to go in my stead.

Once we are satisfied with our mission and return to the Kingdom of Stormwind, we will meet in person and we will see what resources I can pledge to the grande Alliance's defense effort.

Light's guidance,
- Theadore Wellsworth, Glorious Leader of the Band of the Brave.

(( If you've got a calendar event up, please give me an invite and admin status, so I can then invite the appropriate people to the gathering. Cheers! ))
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Summit - 2nd of May Empty Re: [A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Summit - 2nd of May

Post by siegmund Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best add that to it.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:09 pm

siegmund wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best add that to it.

Thanks Sieg! i've added it in.

Also you have your mod rights erwt.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:10 pm

Nice idea. Meeting seems to fall at the same time as the weekly RBGs though, so that might make some complications for a few of the people I imagine wanting to attend.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Allonia_Miral wrote:Nice idea. Meeting seems to fall at the same time as the weekly RBGs though, so that might make some complications for a few of the people I imagine wanting to attend.

I had a talk without someone about that earlier today, seems I was indeed right first time. The meeting has been moved to the 2nd!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:33 pm

And now it clashes with the black market at blackrock XD.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:52 pm

siegmund wrote:And now it clashes with the black market at blackrock XD.

not changing it again = /
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyph Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:59 pm

Sounds interesting. Walls will have ears.
Kyph
Kyph

Character sheet
Name: Kyph
Title: Stormwind Assassins Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by enderas Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:50 am

sounds intresting think my rouge will have a peek in ther  Smile 
enderas
enderas

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Thank you for the invite to this. Myself and Salia will sure come along, being a Lieutenant (Salia) and Sergeant(Myself) in the army!
Lea
Lea

Character sheet
Name: Lea Parker
Title: The Girl of a Thousand Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Saraya wrote:Thank you for the invite to this. Myself and Salia will sure come along, being a Lieutenant (Salia) and Sergeant(Myself) in the army!

Jolly good!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:45 pm

Sorry to double post, but this is this week!

All welcome! (also, gief more IC responses!)
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri May 02, 2014 11:07 am

Eep, a tripple post!

This is tonight!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Fri May 02, 2014 11:19 am

I shall attend.
Lea
Lea

Character sheet
Name: Lea Parker
Title: The Girl of a Thousand Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri May 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Well the meeting wen't great! lots of interest and our first event organized.

A thread will soon be placed in the registry section of this forum, give it a read and thanks to all who attended!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down