Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP-PvP] The Lion's Den 10th - 18th of May.

+39
Littlepip
Ara
Nexiax
Dr. Haluthious Vouten
Zaraj
Samian/Bismack
Shadesprocket
Lea
Rhonya Steelheart
Eldiros
Stormyy
Quin
Rmuffn
Odgan / Keag
Allonia_Miral
Krogon Devilstep
Vaell
Helmut
Charlie Blazesong
Cathee Norris
Baji
Izzifix
Amaryl
Tantzui
Thelos
erwtenpeller
Kyph
Urièl
Kozgugore Feraleye
Beladon
siegmund
Sanara
Terenus
Anivitas
Rae Wulfgnar
Vardrek/Burgen
Ixirar
Adry
Rargnasha
43 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[RP-PvP] The Lion's Den 10th - 18th of May. Empty [RP-PvP] The Lion's Den 10th - 18th of May.

Post by Rargnasha Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Campaign Name: The Lion's Den.

In the wake of the Horde's increasing naval power, some of its members has decided to launch a raid upon the lands of Westfall, the troops who makes landfall there aims to plunders and loot, where-after they surge further into the human lands.

The Alliance mobilizes immediate response forces while it's other armies prepare to repel the invaders and take back any lost ground.

The Horde's objective is to steal as many resources from the Alliance as they possibly can, wood, food and metal. They will then need to transport those resources to locations where they can be shipped back to the Horde lands.

The Alliance objectives is to cause the Horde to do as little damage as they can, and get away with as little to no loot as possible.

Campaign setting OOC:

Rules for Combat:

Safe Zones:

BattleTags
The Battletags will not be made public, but will be shared amongst those who display an interest in helping with co-ordinating these skirmishes that can happen at all times!

(H) Battletags:
(A) Battletags:

RP-PvE Events:

To be added:

Clarifcation of Campaign Details:
Campaign map.
Objectives.
Event thread (Once event begins)

Last edited by Rargnasha on Thu May 01, 2014 8:15 pm; edited 9 times in total
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

[RP-PvP] The Lion's Den 10th - 18th of May. Empty Re: [RP-PvP] The Lion's Den 10th - 18th of May.

Post by Adry Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:51 pm

I'll join if you accept my offer of your Tabard of the Lighrbringer in return for my Flint and Tinder.

Spoiler:
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

[RP-PvP] The Lion's Den 10th - 18th of May. Empty Re: [RP-PvP] The Lion's Den 10th - 18th of May.

Post by Ixirar Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:54 pm

If the Horde finds themselves harrassed by OOC'ers using blueshielding to gain an advantage on them while in Redridge, the Horde may relocate their camp to either Stranglethorn Vale or the Swamp of Sorrows.

Redridge is contested territory.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:05 pm

Rargnasha wrote:Campaign Name: The Lion's Den.

Campaign setting:

In the wake of the Horde's increasing naval power, it launches a raid upon the lands of Westfall, the troops who makes landfall there plunders and loot, where-after the surge further into the human lands.

Not to be a negative nancy or anything but......what naval power? With the civil war it's most likely that the Horde Navy is about as mighty as the Iraqi Navy or the Swiss Navy for example. Also Westfall? The poorest Human zone in existance right now, we'll let you take it invest all your money and time in it then we will take it back and smelt all your weapons down and make them into bars for the Alliance Bank Vaults.

I predict a swift death from the Mighty Murloc Navy with their superior naval fleet, death will rise from the tides they are murlocs!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Deadmines just a set-back Admiral Cookie patrols the shore of Westfall on his war-ship the Tidehunter.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:18 pm

Siege of Orgrimmar and the loss of most of the Horde just didn't happen for some people.

Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Let them get on with their event.

And Burgen, if you spent half the time you use complaining about events actually making them, you'd be the most productive RPer on the server.

Let people have their fun.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:42 pm

Anivitas wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Let them get on with their event.

And Burgen, if you spent half the time you use complaining about events actually making them, you'd be the most productive RPer on the server.

Let people have their fun.

Oh hello there Anivitas, sorry that i questioned the plausibility of a situation in concern to things that are going on in the game in Lore and making sure those match up, have your fun but at least make it plausible and not contradictory to the lore. Also been there done that got the T-shirt in concerns of being part of the "community"
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Terenus Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:46 pm

This scenario makes no sense for reasons Vard stated. Why in god's name would Vol'jin ever condone something like this? The alliance would crush the horde now, easily, and Varian did not have to offer peace. He would want to stay on his good side for now.
Like.. do ORB want to get executed/imprisoned by alliance?
Terenus
Terenus

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:49 pm

If you're not getting involved what does it matter?

What do you want people to do, change their event because it doesn't sit well with you, that you don't believe the horde navy is powerful enough to host their event?

Or are you just complaining for the sake of it?

Feel free to answer that, cause either way. You're wrong.

It's not a big deal.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Terenus Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:55 pm

Anivitas wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you're not getting involved what does it matter?

What do you want people to do, change their event because it doesn't sit well with you, that you don't believe the horde navy is powerful enough to host their event?

Or are you just complaining for the sake of it?

Feel free to answer that, cause either way. You're wrong.

It's not a big deal.

You could consider for one small moment that perhaps, legitimate questions being asked about this is not just petty complaining - it is criticism. Vardrek is perfectly within reason to question this.

From what I can see, Rarg is forseeing problems with using westfall as a zone already. Add to the fact it makes -no sense- to attack at all and just isn't really viable as part of the horde within lore, it seems redundant. If you want a pvp campaign, why not use Stranglethorn? It's contested, blue shielding wouldn't be a problem. It isn't about belief, it is about using the lore.

At blizzcon 2013, Chris Metzen stated that the Alliance are the sole remaining super power on azeroth. This is like having North Korea try and attack Washington with a tiny force. It's moronic, and it would only result in a terrible defeat for NK and even worse ramifications.
Plus, what bloody resources are in westfall? Stone and dirt? It's poor, anyone who has even walked through that zone knows it. There is no strategic advantage to be gained through resources, and it's extremely open to an attack from multiple sides. Duskwood, Elwynn, and the coast. The horde would need basically all the forces it has left to even pose a remote threat to the forces within Stormwind, though the Westfall regiment are probably back by now so they'd have that regiment to destroy as well.

To be honest, Anivitas, every complaint made by Vardrek is legitimate. You complain about him complaining, but it seems to me that you enjoy bitching about him more than you claim he does.
Terenus
Terenus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:56 pm

Anivitas wrote:If you're not getting involved what does it matter?

Because doing this is just silly. It runs completley counter to the lore and simple logic.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Sanara wrote:

Because doing this is just silly. It runs completley counter to the lore and simple logic.

Shots over the Starboard bow of U.S.S Illogical Carebear!
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:02 pm

Sanara wrote:

Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:06 pm

It may well be silly, but if the horde and alliance people that get involved don't care, then they are free to do so, and you are free to not acknowledge it.

And if you really feel that strongly about it/want to help. Then offer an alternative. Coming into the chat and going. This is wrong. This doesn't work. And posting images is helpful in what regard?

And no I don't enjoy complaining about him Terenus. I tend to avoid internet rivalries, their is enough ego to fill the internet as it is. I just disagree with dissecting an event with zero useful suggestions to replace it.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:10 pm

Anivitas wrote:It may well be silly, but if the horde and alliance people that get involved don't care, then they are free to do so, and you are free to not acknowledge it.

And if you really feel that strongly about it/want to help. Then offer an alternative. Coming into the chat and going. This is wrong. This doesn't work. And posting images is helpful in what regard?

And no I don't enjoy complaining about him Terenus. I tend to avoid internet rivalries, their is enough ego to fill the internet as it is. I just disagree with dissecting an event with zero useful suggestions to replace it.

Yeah i mean fuck it right i mean it's only a storyline that we then use to Roleplay in the game it doesn't matter.

You avoid internet rivalries like a fat kid dodges snickers.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:13 pm

Burgen wrote:You avoid internet rivalries like a fat kid dodges snickers.

Lines like these are why we can't be rivals. It pales in comparison to Gary.

And as I just said, if they don't care. They don't care.

If you care that much/want to help, be useful. Rather then an ass to them. It's logical.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:18 pm

Oh look lowbies and non-geared will be able to blueshield now, much participating I foresee.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:19 pm

To be honest his original post was his opinion on why he didn't think the event made sense, you are pretty much saying he's not entitled to his opinion of what he views is logical and not.

Just because people have opinions that you or several others do not agree on does not mean that they are not meant with good intent. How about next time you offer constructive counter-criticism instead of making an attack on Burgen himself.
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:21 pm

Anivitas wrote:
Burgen wrote:You avoid internet rivalries like a fat kid dodges snickers.

Lines like these are why we can't be rivals. It pales in comparison to Gary.

And as I just said, if they don't care. They don't care.

If you care that much/want to help, be useful. Rather then an ass to them. It's logical.

"Forget lore, as long as you have fun" Is not a good rule to RP by.

This is criticism, both myself, Vardrek and Sanara mentioned that this doesn't really follow lore. There are many other places to stage a campaign rather than on the Alliance's doorstep, when we know full well that Varian and Vol'jin made a truce, Alliance is pretty powerful and ontop at the moment.
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:35 pm

If they enjoy it, who are you to tell them its not a good way to RP?

By all means, I agree. If you want to involve the whole community at large, you have to follow the lore that the general consensus follows. Being the lore itself.

But when you see an event that contradicts the lore, there is two ways to react.

You tell them it contradicts the lore in a -friendly- and non-condescending way, and help people actually progress.

Or you tear them a new one about why their event makes no sense. And leave it at that.

I'm not saying "fuck the lore is the way forward" I'm saying some people are not fussed about sticking to the lore, and considering they pay their sub they can do what they want. As long as they have people that are the same and will play with them.

If they want to play with a larger part of the community, and not just a small group then by all means educate and help. But educating and helping doesn't mean being an ass. It means suggesting different locations/ideas then keep the general idea of the original post. Rather then just telling them their current is wrong.

Anyway, I have work tomorrow, and I think my point is made. If you disagree/want to post back feel free. I'll probably reply tomorrow. But I suggest PMing me/starting a new thread rather then derailing this one further.

Sorry for the mess OP.

I'm out. 0/
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:37 pm

Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:40 pm

Oh Burgen <3 You pull my heart strings you.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:30 am

My eyes are bleeding from all these image macros. If you people have an argument to make, make your case in plain text. I'm sure people will be capable and willing to read it without all this would-be tumblr nonsense, so long as you actually have something of use (read: constructive criticism) to say.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Urièl Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:27 am

"when we know full well that Varian and Vol'jin made a truce, Alliance is pretty powerful and ontop at the moment."
So if you make a truce your opponent its one step ahead....aaaaanyway:

Up to Rarg if to call it or change location or whatever but server wide seems legit,maybe Elwynn its really too much "the hearth" of the almighty Smurfs , that would need more than 3-4 warbands to make a campaign on it legit.Other zones are lookeing acceptable lore wise.
Orgrimmar got sieged by both the free horde and Alliance,they litterally opened ALliance the doors,I dont see how can the Siege of Ogrimmar timeline look so succesful Alliance wide...I mean you just helped Horde get a warchief that is not a crazy Gorilla guys....
Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:23 am

If you three think spamming sarcy image macros on the thread constitutes "Criticism", you might just be the most daft adults I've ever met.

Also, this should be REALLY OLD NEWS, that we're still gonna PVP even if Vol'jin agreed to a truce a fair few months ago. This doesn't "contradict lore" as much as it simply implies that the Horde rebuilt quickly and the truce expired.

I'll humor you guys, though. How long do you think we should but a blanket ban on all WPVP just so you guys can feel that Vol'jin's truce has been honored? And furthermore: WPVP events have ALWAYS been the defining thing about Defias Brotherhood. It's the one thing that we do better than all other realms. Why would we stop arranging those just because Varian and Vol'jin made a truce in a raid instance released more than half a year ago?

As for the naval superiority: I believe Rarg is citing the advantageous position that the horde, according to server lore, is in after winning Tol Barad, Arathi AND the northrend campaign. After those 3 campaigns, it was agreed that the next one would be the horde attacking the alliance closer to home.

And honestly, even if you interpret the truce as requiring absolutely no RP PVP untill WOD releases, how do you -REALLY- suffer from other people participating in this?

inb4 more image macros.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next