Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Big Event

+12
Cid
Rae Wulfgnar
Vardrek/Burgen
James Ryder
Lavian
erwtenpeller
Littlepip
Izzifix
siegmund
Helmut
Calisar
Officer High Morale
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Big Event Empty A Big Event

Post by Officer High Morale Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:38 am

Hello!

So, I had a plan on making a ''Stormwind-City wide'' event, one which all of the guilds in Stormwind, who'd ICly have to even take part, would take part in due to what would happen in it. Do you think it's possible to create a city-wide event, that one where most of the guilds in SW would take part?

Sorry for whatever incovenience you may have experienced with what I just wrote beyond, I made it in the morning and I'm a bit tired and confused.. >.<

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

A Big Event Empty Re: A Big Event

Post by Calisar Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:02 am

It's a bit of a vague question ;D but if the idea has legs then it should be possible?

"if you build it they will come" n' all that Wink
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:16 am

I think that the annual "Free healthcheck and medical help-day" is planned to sometime in the future.

Also, a spring fair would soon be in its place, I think.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:23 am

Certain events are greatly attended, the ones Helmut mentioned are the type, or like in the past other things like a while back that love is in the air thing and so on.

Now let me answer your questions.

one which all of the guilds in Stormwind, who'd ICly have to even take part

Have is a strong word. Like sometime ago for those riots not everyone in SW really was up for it.

Do you think it's possible to create a city-wide event, that one where most of the guilds in SW would take part?

To this question: Yes, it's possible. Depending on what it is though surely.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:24 am

You'd probably have to contact active members/officers in th various guilds directly though, to establish a network of people who can push the event to their respective guilds, and to get information out efficiently.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:22 am

Well, last time I tried creating a city wide event it went badly, seems like not everyone is interested in the same thing so it is difficult to make an event that contains destruction and plague.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:42 am

siegmund wrote:Certain events are greatly attended, the ones Helmut mentioned are the type, or like in the past other things like a while back that love is in the air thing and so on.

Have is a strong word. Like sometime ago for those riots not everyone in SW really was up for it.

Do you think it's possible to create a city-wide event, that one where most of the guilds in SW would take part?

Indeed! And no, many would either avoid, flee, or stay, depends on what their char wanted to do ofcourse.

- Anyhow, the big plan was to set armies of ghouls running around SW and killing stuff, and they would be summoned by portals I have been working on ICly, hint hint. The reason why I'd like everyone to attend, or atleast know of it, is so that they can react to the DMed ghouls. So basically, if there was a bunch of civilians running away from the ghouls, someone they ran past would just be standing there like ''I dun see no ghouls!''

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:30 pm

The best way to pull that off is with an actual army of skeletons.

That way random passers-by have something real to interact with. Something they can actually see.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Ghouls running around the city? WOTLK ended years ago. City wide events are good but rampaging ghouls all over again? I dunno. I'm sure something better can be done. We already had Blizzard's exact event right before WOTLK hit which is the exact same thing as you're proposing but how would one even be able to summon such rampaging ghouls in this time and place? They'd no doubt be cut down by the guards quick enough and no one can -really- call upon such a heavy amount of undead anymore (R.I.P LK). I'm pretty sure Stormwind stepped up since the undead and elemental city attacks.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by James Ryder Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:08 pm

Well you could raise the bodies from the Graveyard... It is kinda big.. But it wouldn't be a real threat with the Cathedral and priest nearby
James Ryder
James Ryder

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:14 pm

Artemis Dragneel wrote:
siegmund wrote:Certain events are greatly attended, the ones Helmut mentioned are the type, or like in the past other things like a while back that love is in the air thing and so on.

Indeed! And no, many would either avoid, flee, or stay, depends on what their char wanted to do ofcourse.

- Anyhow, the big plan was to set armies of ghouls running around SW and killing stuff, and they would be summoned by portals I have been working on ICly, hint hint. The reason why I'd like everyone to attend, or atleast know of it, is so that they can react to the DMed ghouls. So basically, if there was a bunch of civilians running away from the ghouls, someone they ran past would just be standing there like ''I dun see no ghouls!''

Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm with Dawson on this one.
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:24 pm

erwt: Ofc I would!.. But that'd be too hard to manage, dontcha think?

Clara: I, myself would find it quite interesting, I dunno tho' about the other lot of the DB RPers, and I believe they can be brought in with help, if not by just one.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:25 pm

- Right, well so far denial is the answer, but I'll have to see how things flow.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:25 pm

Artemis Dragneel wrote:erwt: Ofc I would!.. But that'd be too hard to manage, dontcha think?
If you want to do a city-wide event and want everyone to participate, it is going to be hard to manage.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:27 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Artemis Dragneel wrote:erwt: Ofc I would!.. But that'd be too hard to manage, dontcha think?
If you want to do a city-wide event and want everyone to participate, it is going to be hard to manage.

Yes, ofc, but I meant that DMing would be easier than getting actual players, even tho' actual players would be a greater, better experience!

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Actual players will be easier for a city-wide event.

Only a very small fraction of players in the city visit these forums. A lot of them are not in any of the guilds that have guild masters that frequent here. But you'll want all of those players to be able to recognize what's going on. To see what is happening. You can't do that with a DM event, you'd have to invite every random to a raid and explain the event every-time someone new joins.

It's just not going to be very practical.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:34 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Actual players will be easier for a city-wide event.

Only a very small fraction of players in the city visit these forums. A lot of them are not in any of the guilds that have guild masters that frequent here. But you'll want all of those players to be able to recognize what's going on. To see what is happening. You can't do that with a DM event, you'd have to invite every random to a raid and explain the event every-time someone new joins.

It's just not going to be very practical.

Oh, didn't think of that.

But either way, thanks for the answers you all. I suppose I'll try and make something lesser with a few guilds that are actually in ''contact'' with Esh'ka, see if I can pull out something that way!

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:40 pm

If insisting on the undead idea, I'll throw out a suggestion: How about asking the Horde for aid with a bunch of only Forsaken actually attacking? Just to further involve more guilds/players in RP on both sides. Wink 

Other than that, I agree with the others about WotLK been done with several years ago, and shouldn't be ressed as it is against lore. Lich King is defeated, Scourge is going downward and are isolated in small areas.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:43 pm

the idea of such an event is very Epic and also a rather nice one to behold. however, having such a thing all over Stormwind will maybe not be such a good thing because of the management issues which is a sad thing. Hopefully a likeminded but more manageable event could be carried out thouhg, and one of no small importance. *shrug*
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:44 pm

used to many -thing- in that comment, I know  silent silent 
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:51 pm

Perhaps, in order to make things more accessable, why not summon shadow shades instead? We can ask people with a priest to run around in Shadow Form, wearing whatever armour they like (Cause shadow form makes all armour look amaze-balls), and act as disposable undead beings.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Domovoi wrote:Perhaps, in order to make things more accessable, why not summon shadow shades instead? We can ask people with a priest to run around in Shadow Form, wearing whatever armour they like (Cause shadow form makes all armour look amaze-balls), and act as disposable undead beings.

I love this idea, would fit my character so much better anyways!

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:30 pm

From the way you present it, it sounds like you're looking to arrange for the entirety of Stormwind to revolve around your character for a few days.

Unless I'm mistaken on that, wouldn't it be better to arrange a smaller event for your guild or so? Leaves you more room to really focus on your char, rather than having to be an organiser rather than an RPer (people who organise events the scale of "Stormwind-wide" usually need to spend more time dealing with the OOC side of things than they get to spend time actually RPing)
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:45 pm

the city-wide event planning plan.

Step one. Have an idea.
Step two. write up that idea in a clear-to read, easy to comprehend format.
step three. whisper every single stormwind rp based guild-leader and (others) discuss your idea with them, using the clearly written format.
step four. edit the idea based on the feedback of the participants.
step five. plan a date.
step six. advertise to non-guild-leaders.
step seven. profit.

Strong advice 1: making a post asking if this idea is a good idea to hold for everyone in the public to comment on, will always result in a scrapped idea.

minor advice 1: Just post the clearly written plan for everyone to see, and attach a date. and see who wants to participate, satisfying yourself with everyone that does participate, but not being bothered by the ones who do not.

Now you to can plan a big event.

Good luck.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next