Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerning the Darkshire event

+16
Baròth / Olian
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Winterbloom
Aerandier
Aadaria-Ioanna
Mandui
Cathee Norris
Tasjin
Zhakiri
Kozgugore Feraleye
Nayan
Shriyaro
Shrogan
Elízabéth Moren
(Goggy) - Exilius
Melnerag
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Concerning the Darkshire event Empty Concerning the Darkshire event

Post by Melnerag Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:33 am

I confess in all honesty that logging on in the last...week....was not enjoyable. After a day of work and studies, I come back home to sort some minor or major OOC problem either in or out of guild. By the time I am done, I leave the safety of a little corner and walk onto the Darkshire Square or into the Inn, where I witness people shouting and insulting each other with drawn swords, prisoners breaking out of jail and whole sort of other trouble. When I finally manage, through help of some kind people, to restore IC peace; then people realize that they want to talk to me and i spend the rest of the evening giving audiences. When I finally log off, with quite some people still wanting to talk to me, I think "May be I should not log on tomorrow at all?"

Worse than Vietnam

I've discussed the issue of Darkshire with the guild, and we all feel that policing and trying to turn the town into a hub of RP for this event is just not paying off. We have to fend against newbies, on whom we cannot sadly spend enough time to help out and guide due to other stuff. Some people are desperately crying for attention, wanted criminals standing in the middle of the town, being kicked out, returning, being burned, escaping and returning. Others try to set fire to the floor or simply pick a fight with somebody. When we finally manage to press down such mischievous individuals and lock them up, they try to escape right away and continue on their spree. The Chapter is exhausted and stressed.

Lack of communication

While we try to fend against newbies, attention-seekers and a few good, proper RPers trying to sabotage us ICly, we have some Stormwind guilds come in. I've stressed before that there is a dire need for OOC communication, but nobody has contacted us or talked about it. We had Disciples of Light claim authority and deny all Chapter orders. OOCly, we do not know what you guys are up to. Are you just RPing your characters? Are you trying to ruin the event? Several clashes left members of the Chapter even more bitter. Not because we got our place pointed out to us ICly, but because due to lack of communication we feel attacked OOCly. Thankfully, Berathil and Conwahl have managed to strike an IC deal to sort things out a bit.

As a closing to this section, I ask the Disciples of Light, Fordragon Company and the Lightbearer regiment to talk to me OOCly about what their guilds want to achieve, how they want to participate in this event, and how we can best go on with the entire story of Duskwood in a way which is enjoyable for all parties.

About W-pvp

Shrogan and myself has discussed the SGE raids; I've explained that in current situation Chapter members are involved in constant RP trying to keep some peace and order in Darkshire, and are under big strain IC as well as OOC. Sudden raid only makes them more desperate and triggers scorchingly-hot OOC flames. That point is handled and should improve.

I am also disappointed with some people from this very forum's horde-side who come to Darkshire to sneak around and randomly sap-and-gank people. I was under the impression that this forum was created to advertise and make events without fear of having them crashed by gankers?

Conclusion

The Chapter feels that staying in Darkshire is no longer enjoyable. We are tired. Unless things dramatically improve in a few days time (impossible), we've decided to continue the entire campaign of Duskwood but give up policing the town and find a new base from which to do what this event was originally about: fighting cultists.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Concerning the Darkshire event Empty Re: Concerning the Darkshire event

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:44 am

Noes!

Duskwood needs to remain a hub, I will not allow some Alliance roaches mess things up!
There's been too much work and effort to bring the roleplay out!
Toss me a list and I'll behead em all! D:

On a more proper note, Aye, Hopefully people will read this and get the hint.
I personally decided to freeze Exilius' activity so that you could reach the conclusions of your Events with the Cultists undisturbed from me! :]

A rough week Imanuel, but stay steadfast! Troubles strikes us all,

How to say it in a more proper term,
'' Trust the Light and stay faithful!
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:49 am

Due to the amount of attention-seekers its gotten very annoying, Due to SGE we are usually being slaughtered by people in there PvP gear taking advantage of us and our RP gear by suddenly slashing at us with rogues... Darkshire has become alot less enjoyable due to alot of the current turning of events, and it seems that fixing these issues will be either incredibly hard or more likely impossible, so to those attention-seekers out there, you are not doing yourself any good, to SGE you should stop sapping and ganking us though not like your going to listen is it? And hopefully Darkshire will become fun again... Eventually.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:58 am

I have spoken to you regarding the issue Imanuel and SGE's taken a rather different approach to the event already. However, I thought this was not an attack on the SGE?

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:59 am

I fail to see anyone specificly targetting you people. Thus is not an attack on you.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:00 am

"Shrogan and myself has discussed the SGE raids; I've explained that in current situation Chapter members are involved in constant RP trying to keep some peace and order in Darkshire, and are under big strain IC as well as OOC. Sudden raid only makes them more desperate and triggers scorchingly-hot OOC flames. That point is handled and should improve."

So, yes, we did talk and we did sort it out. I have no idea why Christopher is reiterating it again *sigh*

I've included this part into the threat to inform other people who participate in this event that everything is fine.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:06 am

Less finger pointing and wood for the fire'tossin Chrissy.

The couple of days I was on Sev and the Red Labeled People I've witnessed on Exilius, Yeargh, The Recent events in Duskwood have indeed drawn forth the attention of many.

People want to join in or see the fun, but heavily forget their own IC restrictions and character abilities or interests, as when a bunch of silly nelves turn up, acting all tough and cool only to get their heads chopped! >:3

But overall, yeah The Cathedral used to be a nasty hive for all sorts of people and bizarre characters, and now that people are taking real initative and evolve the zones. These come along with the ' Mainstream' And want to join in, Problem is, that they forget to take contact with those whom organise these, or read up or find out information of what is going on and things get messy.

Due to the lack of communication, but this is a risk to come.

And yeah, as the Alliance population moves out, So does the bloodthirsty hordlings to uninvitedly take a big portion of the cake still being baked.

The focus for now shouldn't lie at pointing fingers and continue with the frustrations and smart comments, not for now atleast.

But rather, focus on improving this communication and bringing it more to light in order to prevent, or simply reducing the issues at hand which come up!

And fer god's sake, Duskwood is supposed to be a creepy, dark wood with cultists and a paranoid Population.

Not a constant huge warzone of tenfold of multi races! D:<
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:13 am

This thread is:
a) to ask people to talk to me and/or Mordazan about the event if they want to join with their entire guild
b) to bring to light our trouble with newbies and attention-seekers
c) to inform that we are considering moving away from Darkshire, and explaining why.

So do NOT derail this thread for finger-pointing. I will ask mods to delete it and then come and haunt you!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriyaro Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:15 am

While I didn't intend for Shriyaro to return to Darkshire for some time, if you need any help with anything, let me know. I was hoping to have Shriyaro come back in a few weeks to see how things have progressed, but if there won't be anything to come back to I can do an OOC intervention in her travel plans and have her travel back that way earlier.
Shriyaro
Shriyaro

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:16 am

Imanuel wrote:I will ask mods to delete it and then come and haunt you!
Which is very close to happen without Imanuel even asking, so... Whoever wishes to keep attacking personally and/or flame-bait, think twice about it.

Keep this thread clean, and let it serve the purpose it was created for.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:37 am

Nygarth and Elegost is there because of Saihna - and Most likely to give my character a pissy time too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:55 am

I know all too well what it's like to log on with the intention to have some casual fun, only to be summoned by random people for various IC matters or even OOC drama to sort out - effectively having to throw all your previous plans overboard and make room for matters that are far less fun to deal with and matters that you're not even for the mood in at that time (even officers have their moments that they just don't want to RP and want to sit back for a moment).

I have found that the only solution to this is to try and put other people in positions in which they might be able to temporarily take over the torch from you, like officers or even junior officers. You could also just state that, should it happen anyway, you're simply not in the mood for it right then, and will look into it later. We have made a specific thread on the OotRB forums stating that officers want to have fun too, and that they won't always be able to be available for applicants to have their interview either. It's something that the other players should be able to understand. The game is, after all, still meant to be a means to have fun. It should never, ever become something of a job for you that makes it no more fun. I'm well past those times myself as well, and as soon as it's starting to feel like that, I usually just step back and leave things be for a while.

I understand this is something of a pressing matter, however, and you can't -always- step back so easily. In case that happens, try notifying the people involved that breaking out of jail after one minute is not your view of decent RP. If you have to, just throw them elsewhere... like down a Deadwind ravine. Twisted Evil

I would try to go deeper into that matter, but I feel I don't know enough of these newbies to tell how they would react to such things. Depending on the person, I either took them by the hand or either intended to kick them away quite firmly. That's mostly up to you people. Either way, don't lose faith (feels like an ironic thing to say) and don't let yourself be pushed out of your own hub and aim to enjoy things more.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Gorge&Clay wrote:Nygarth and Elegost is there because of Saihna - and Most likely to give my character a pissy time too.

I don't actually know why Elegost came, but yeah...The Fordragon Company as a whole no goals there. I came to A. Help the Chapter, since being there though my opinion of them has shifted and I don't want to anymore. B. Saihna told me Tyzai was back, so I had to come kill him again :< As far as my character knows he is dead again. I'm still there because Saihna is, although I believe we moved out last night.

I'm not actually there to annoy Clay, as much as I might do when we encounter one another.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasjin Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Just to clarify, the main forces of the Empire have been pulled back into the Vale. However, raiding parties are sent in, and scouts are still inside the Wood and do have a Kill on Sight order for anything around the road to the Vale and anything around that road, so be warned OOCly and IC when travelling near there. SGE will not be raiding Darkshire for some time.
Tasjin
Tasjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:57 pm

I'd also like to point out, that long before the Chapter came to Duskwood, and the new Sphere was formed, when Andrek was in charge of it, SGE was quite frequently in Duskwood anyhow, for reasons I ain't even going to explain to avoid metagaming.

Believe it or not, they are not just there to gank or for this event purely, far as I know. They have proper valid reasons to be there, as they have been long before these events started to form. That's at least how I see it.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:00 pm

Saihna Trollbane wrote:I'd also like to point out, that long before the Chapter came to Duskwood, and the new Sphere was formed, when Andrek was in charge of it, SGE was quite frequently in Duskwood anyhow, for reasons I ain't even going to explain to avoid metagaming.

Believe it or not, they are not just there to gank or for this event purely, far as I know. They have proper valid reasons to be there, as they have been long before these events started to form. That's at least how I see it.
This. Like I said before, people tend to rush into conclusions when not fully aware of what's truly going on.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Things change though? Cultist activity has increased over the years and the woods have grown darker and more foul by such.

I'm sure there are things which even Trolls fear, alas they're more likely to remain in the familiar areas of the jungle and the light and life which be there!
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:05 pm

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:Cultist activity has increased over the years and the woods have grown darker and more foul by such.
That it has indeed. But who said more cultists = less trolls?
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:13 pm

That it has indeed. But who said more cultists = less trolls?

Becouse Demonic Rituals and necromantic creatures along with their summoners and masters , scare the shit out of Voodoo Primitives! Which is why they got their spiritual gods, chiefs and whatnot!
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Perhaps.. Just perhaps.. It is because the cultists and trolls work together? Again.. There are reasons, and good ones. People just don't pull all this out of their behinds.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:22 pm

If we are going to go by that assumption Saihna, I could reveal some plots and business which would lead to a major crazy multi'race conspiracy-blahblah.

It's better to keep the RP to what befits the specific Zone.

Darkshire is ye'olde Victorian ghastly town and Duskwood those creepy English woods, Trolls would be real'badass in the Swamp of Sorrows, It's been suggested that it might be the next area of story'events I reckon =D
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:24 pm

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:
Becouse Demonic Rituals and necromantic creatures along with their summoners and masters , scare the shit out of Voodoo Primitives! Which is why they got their spiritual gods, chiefs and whatnot!
You have some catching up to do concerning trolls then >_>
Saihna Trollbane wrote:Perhaps.. Just perhaps.. It is because the cultists and trolls work together? Again.. There are reasons, and good ones. People just don't pull all this out of their behinds.
Yus quite. At any rate, the trolls agreed to give Darkshire a break and thus allowing the Chapter some time to deal with the rest of the troubles they have.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:27 pm

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:Becouse Demonic Rituals and necromantic creatures along with their summoners and masters , scare the shit out of Voodoo Primitives! Which is why they got their spiritual gods, chiefs and whatnot!
"Demonic Rituals and necromantic creatures along with their summoners and masters" are just as scary to Trolls as a five-year-old girl playing with dolls is scary to a bear Razz

Especially to Trolls who (whether it's a fact or their own belief) "commune" with the spirits, as the entire Loa religion is revolved around - contact with the spirits.

Don't go rushing into conclusions, it's not your position to decide what other chars are afraid of and what not. Particularly about a tribal civilization that has existed in these parts for thousands of years and used to be the major and ruling race over the entire known world, at some point in the past. "Scared"? It's their religion, their fundamental guiding force, the spirits. Good and "bad" as you'd perceive them. Shadra, Mueh'zala, Dambala, Sam'di, I'm very very sure the trolls would be "afraid" of necromancy, yes, very very sure. Not. Wink

Perhaps that's a key point in the problems there. People assume they can decide what other people "should" be doing, and since other people aren't doing it, they are "wrong", "ruining it", they are "the enemy" ooc'ly as well. When all in all, you could just mind your own business, rp your character instead of attempting to control how others rp theirs, and all would be good. (naturally enough, I don't mean extreme situations, here. I mean simple misconceptions like the one displayed here that the trolls should "not be in Darkshire because of cultist activity". I do retain some hope that it was meant as a joke, cause it's no more than that Razz )
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:29 pm

You have some catching up to do concerning trolls then >_>

Oh, I am well aware what disgusting and horrific voodo rituals 'some' of them Trolls can conduct-
But you overestimate the courage the living possess, Trolls are not too well traveresed within Demonology and the Cultist'esque business.

One fears what one doesn't not know. Not literally that one drops spear and shambles, shaking on the ground, cowering in fright. But rather, simply avoidance.

Trolls are sly enough to try to stay out of trouble.
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:36 pm

Ah sod it, you're as accusant and literally taking as previously.

I'm not speaking directly for anyone or slapping with the command'stick of what one should do or not.

Sure, my arguments got some faults or unarmored spots, but they're not meant to wage a holy war but rather contributing or adding some lines to the discussions at hand.

Yer skulkin me Nay! D:
Concerning the Darkshire event Moderator-cat
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next