Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

+66
Coppersocket
Zinkle Figgins
Charlie Blazesong
erwtenpeller
Izzifix
Ruby
Theodoric
Manathon
Gesh
Terenus
Fyffe
Salketh
Elrua
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Tantzui
Iriel Silversong
Officer High Morale
Teebo
Sohan
Bakar
Paia/Jenit
Azmariel
Zouyo
Littlepip
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Odgan / Keag
Rmuffn
Kittrina
Rargnasha
Ledgic
Shanyuan
Mozrogg Doomhowl
Maelmoor
siegmund
Grim
Gilran
Hermie
Lini
Beladon
Raelan
Zaraj
Helmut
Drustai
Krogon Devilstep
Allonia_Miral
Sarandus
Siaer
Ave/Sariella
Buren
Antistia
Raenmar
Anivitas
Cid
Lavian
Melnerag
Ralegh
Flo
Grufftoof
Amaryl
Vaell
Ixirar
Skarain
Lexgrad
Thelos
Muzjhath
The Z
70 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

Post by Coppersocket Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:02 am

It's not an addon, and does not affect your FPS in any way. All it does is tailor what's already there. It's against the ToS, but the chance of you actually getting banned for it is slim to none if you don't use the program in a way that gives you unfair advantages.

Anyway, I may as well post there here- I made a large amount of screenshots of how the game looks with extremely to a more toned darker nights through changing the colors of the fog, sky, ambience and other things through Free Far Sight, the screenshots are mostly taken to give a nice view- and having super dark does make the game really really dark, too dark in fact. But it yields lovely screenshots.

But the later ones there were actually lighting that you could play in. Unfortunately WoW saves it's screenshots in JPG for some reason so the quality is dropped significantly. Not all screenshots are at the highest setting either

Posted in (somewhat) timed order, IMGUR screwed up at the later ones:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry, no spoiler images today. Simply too many.
However, I did some tailoring around during the night and I did three screnshots on the same scene to show the clear difference:

First attempt, really dark:
Second attempt, later in the evening- Brighter. A bit too bright perhaps.
And finally, the last one which is easily the best of the three, here I made the skybox completely pitch black, and tried keeping the fog a bit brighter to light up the area while keeping everything else pretty downlow.

I also fucked around a bit:
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:11 am

I guess that just goes to show how difficult it really is to create darker nights that both look good, and are playable.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Yeah, you'd have to manually change the coloring of each area manually. A quite big task.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Vaell wrote:Defo gonna be a September release, isn't it?
Having to wait for that long, with only the "lvl 90 boost" and pre-patch probably somewhere in August to ease the wait would pretty likely test the patience of players (at least the ones with only WoW in their minds). Or well, not that I remember how it was with Cataclysm or even WoTLK...but it certainly seems too long for me. Not that my account's active at the moment and will probably stay cancelled for a good while now.

The cancellation thing was pretty fun! I did remember the whole branching "I quit because X and the reason for that was Y and the reason for that reason was Z" but I think they've only now added a little box that said something like "You can still play WoW even if you can't spare you whole day for it! Just do some quick dailies and run dungeons with LFG tool!" Guh, that's one of the many reasons the game has lost it's appeal for me, so no luck there, Blizzard...

...but you'll still lure me back to one of your worlds with Reaper of Souls, so you'll win in the end!

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:43 pm

September would probably cost Blizzurd a lot of PvE-heroes. At least when the xpac has been announced that loudly. Premature PR much?

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:52 am

The expansions' probably nearing it's final stages, and by final stages I mean it'll take about half a year before the expansion's out. I'm guessing July/Aug

I imagine it's mostly art that's being focused on now- as well as bug fixing and other such things. But what do I know.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:02 am

Coppersocket wrote:It's not an addon, and does not affect your FPS in any way. All it does is tailor what's already there. It's against the ToS, but the chance of you actually getting banned for it is slim to none if you don't use the program in a way that gives you unfair advantages.

Anyway, I may as well post there here- I made a large amount of screenshots of how the game looks with extremely to a more toned darker nights through changing the colors of the fog, sky, ambience and other things through Free Far Sight, the screenshots are mostly taken to give a nice view- and having super dark does make the game really really dark, too dark in fact. But it yields lovely screenshots.

But the later ones there were actually lighting that you could play in. Unfortunately WoW saves it's screenshots in JPG for some reason so the quality is dropped significantly. Not all screenshots are at the highest setting either

Posted in (somewhat) timed order, IMGUR screwed up at the later ones:

Sorry, no spoiler images today. Simply too many.
However, I did some tailoring around during the night and I did three screnshots on the same scene to show the clear difference:

First attempt, really dark:
Second attempt, later in the evening- Brighter. A bit too bright perhaps.
And finally, the last one which is easily the best of the three, here I made the skybox completely pitch black, and tried keeping the fog a bit brighter to light up the area while keeping everything else pretty downlow.

I also fucked around a bit:

this is pretty cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:29 pm

The Dread Raven mount will be obtainable through the upcoming expansion's collector's edition.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:10 pm

PVP update:

Warlords of Draenor will introduce tons of new features and updates to improve and expand upon many aspects of World of Warcraft, including the PvP experience. We gave you a first look at some of our PvP plans BlizzCon, and as with any development process, plans can sometimes change as they—well—develop. We’d like to share a few of those changes with you today.

The Tale of Trial of the Gladiator
At BlizzCon, we unveiled plans for a new form of ranked Arena competition called the Trial of the Gladiator, a mode of play that would available during certain hours and which would require players to use a special Trial-only set of gear. The goal was to concentrate high-level competition to specific times, to better match players against competitive opponents, and to make exploitation more difficult.

While there were a lot of potential benefits to that system, ultimately we agree with some of the concerns community has raised about the way it worked. Ultimately, players who couldn’t play during the pre-set times for Trial of the Gladiator might feel like they’re missing out, and it was possible that normal Arena games would lose a lot of their replay value without rating to push for. Because of these issues, we’ve decided not to continue development of Trial of the Gladiator and to focus our efforts on giving players more ways to find PvP that suits them—so here’s what we’re doing instead:

Arena for Everyone: Skirmishes
You might recall the Skirmish feature that went alongside ranked Arena play when that feature was first introduced. It was virtually identical to ranked play, with the exception that there was no ladder or rating involved. However, Skirmishes felt very redundant at the time, and few players took advantage of them, so they were removed with the release of Cataclysm. However, as more and more players get involved in PvP, a higher demand for a form of “lower-pressure” Arena gameplay made us think it was time to revisit the Skirmish idea . . . and make a few important improvements along the way.

In Warlords of Draenor, Skirmishes will return as a form of unranked Arena play that will allow you to queue for 2v2 or 3v3 battles with friends or by yourself. Winning a Skirmish will reward you with Honor and a random bonus, which could be gold, more Honor, a small amount of Conquest Points, or possibly something entirely different. We think this will be a great way for players who haven’t tried Arenas before to get their feet wet, and will allow experienced players to experiment with alternate specs or builds without worrying about tanking their rating.

But Wait, There’s More: Spectator Invite System
While Skirmishes should provide a great opportunity for some more laid-back PvP gameplay, we also wanted to address top-end competition as well. Tournament organizers, often with the use of various third-party add-ons, have been able to piece together a “spectator mode” of sorts and run online tournaments, but they’ve been required to jump through several hoops to actually make that work. We’d like to simplify that process and put more power in the hands of add-on developers so that community-run tournaments will be easier to organize, manage, and broadcast.

Our new Spectator Invite system will allow a match organizer to invite two teams to play against each other in a PvP spectacle called a War Game. Then, when the match begins, everyone in the match organizer’s party will be able to watch those two teams duke it out. We’ll also be opening this feature up to add-on developers so they can come up with tools for tournament organizers to customize how the match is presented on the screen. Finally, we’ll be providing Tournament Mode gear—a special set of gear that can only be used in War Games—to help tournament runners ensure that all players are on equal footing.

We’re excited for these new features, and we feel they’ll allow a much broader spectrum of players to be able to find a type of PvP gameplay they enjoy. Whether you’re looking to compete against the best of the best in a tournament or just want to hang out and relax with a little bloodshed, we hope these updates provide something for the PvPer in you.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:00 pm

That spectator mode sounds like some solid Tournament RP potential.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:07 am

So, if this thing really goes live, we can buy level 90 characters for sixty bigguns. Would you...?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:27 am

Buy a character for what I could get an entire AAA game for?

Short answear: No.

Long answear: Since I don't find 99% of AAA titles to be worth that anymore, hell no.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:51 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:So, if this thing really goes live, we can buy level 90 characters for sixty bigguns. Would you...?

That depends if we're still getting the free 90 per account, because I do at least intend to use those... But eh, sixty dollars? Probably would just buy another game for that to keep me entertained while I breeze through dungeons to 90 instead. Maybe I'll finally buy Minecraft!
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:15 pm

All of my yes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:28 pm

Full thing
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:31 pm

Stunning improvement.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Not too shabby, indeed! Now I'm really hopeful for troll ladies...

As for that 60$ payment of a character boost? Noooooot likely..I might be bored with levelling, but not that bored.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:19 pm

I really hope they don't make the faces too "pretty".
The blue-eyed face is to popular as it is. We don't need more pretty orcs.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Muzjhath wrote:I really hope they don't make the faces too "pretty".
The blue-eyed face is to popular as it is. We don't need more pretty orcs.

I think the new design has the right balance between "piglike" and "pretty", making it look somewhat appealing without losing the proper Orc look, and if they do that for more of the faces we'll probably see fewer Babyface orcs and trolls.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:35 pm

I like it overall, but I want broader tusks!
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:53 pm

So yeah, this came to mind.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm sorry. I truly am.

Last edited by Kozgugore Feraleye on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:04 pm

What a Face nice.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:41 pm

Ralegh wrote:I like it overall, but I want broader tusks!
Agreed
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:20 am

you would actually have to be a fucking complete and utter down syndrome to spend $60 for a character or a jew

+

RAF to level 85 is like 15 euro, transfer of a character is 20 euro.

35 euro for an almost instant 85 instead of 60

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:26 am

Cerik Ironforge wrote:or a jew
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next