Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9. Finding a Brother

Go down

9. Finding a Brother Empty 9. Finding a Brother

Post by Fenuviel/Eidan Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:53 am

Fenuviel scrambled onto the back of his frostsaber and urged him to run as fast as he could. Away... from Stormwind, the Cathedral, those that loved and hated him. He didn't want their love, he knew he'd betray it for Shagrath if it was required, and he hated himself for it still. He wished Darksworn would come back, would kill him again so he didn't have to think of it. But he knew his pain was what gave him strength. The stronger it was the less Darksworn could fight it. Tears blurred his vision, but he could hear well enough the sound of hooves on the stones.

"Fenuviel...!" Sly's voice came from behind him. "Fenuviel, I'm sorry..." Fenuviel didn't stop though, not until he was out of Stormwind, and knew that he could not outrun Sly.
"I wish at least you could have understood what I was telling Max, Sly..." Fenuviel cried, for he had been speaking in Darnassian. "You, and not her," he spat with hatred. And then 'she' arrived, chasing, as always. Fenuviel glared at Winterblade with tears in his eyes. "No!" he shouted, and tore off into the forest.
"Winterblade..." he could faintly hear Sly as he rode away. It wasn't long before the sound of hooves thundering across the ground met his ears again, but that was all. Fenuviel breathed a sigh of defeat and relief, finally letting himself slip out of the saddle, falling to the ground as his saber padded away some distance. Sly jumped down from his stallion after a moment, perhaps trying to judge if Fenuviel was going to run again. The Elf merely sank to the ground to sit.

Sly sat in front of him, removing his mask as he did.
"I wish you could have understood..."
"But I didn't..."
Fenuviel nodded.
"Then you should... I will explain to you. Do you know Ayuria... or... Darkfang?"
Sly hadn't heard of either of them. Fenuviel explained to his friend how he had met her running away from Darnassus, how he had loved her, and how he had thought her dead, only to have Darkfang return in her place. He explained as well how Ayuria had come back, to save him, and how he had betrayed her, all for Shagrath.

Sly explained to Fenuviel then how his love gave him the will, kept him strong.
"At least you must survive, for me. I will give you something to hold onto. So that you musn't die. I will give you my first name. It's not really Sly," said the man. Fenuviel blinked at him in confusion, but remained silent as the human leant closer to whisper the name into his ear. Fenuviel smiled slightly, though still faintly confused; sorrow lingered.

"But I still would betray anyone for him… Why? Why can I not hate him enough that I can leave and betray him without feeling guilt?" Fenuviel questioned. "He helped me to steal away my own brother, to kill him... but he would not replace him. That is what I wanted to warn Max against... to love someone who cannot return it.." he murmured.

"I betrayed Ayuria... just for a vain hope, when I know I should have none,"

"Then you must love someone who he would not dare to touch," Sly answered. Fenuviel pondered on this for a moment.

It made sense, and yet, gave him no hope.
"And who would that be? Who would he not harm if it meant he did not have my full devotion?" Fenuviel questioned miserably.
"Ataris, me..." Sly trailed. Fenuviel smiled wryly, though before he could question why, Sly explained to him. "You see, Shagrath and I fear each other..." Sly went on, Fenuviel furrowing his brows slightly.
"I have very rarely ever known fear in Shagrath.." he answered. Sly nodded.
"I know how to trap and slay the Soulblighter. A man with that knowledge could destroy anyone," Sly explained.

Fenuviel nodded slightly.
"So love me... as a brother,"
Fenuviel was silent for a moment, surprised, and still uncertain with this. A possibility? He had realized too late that what he wanted was a family. Could it still be possible? In his hesitation, Sly stood and took a dagger from his hip, beginning to remove his shirt. Once again, Fenuviel realized too late what Sly was about to do. The man drew the blade along his own skin, over his heart.
"Sly!"
"I know..." he tried to calm the Elf as he stood. Fenuviel sighed quietly. Did he have to hurt everyone that would help him?
"Sly... I'm sorry, I didn't want for you to hurt yourself," The human placed his hand over his heart so that blood covered his hand. "You needn't apologize. My pain is nothing compared to how I hurt you today,"
Fenuviel looked towards the ground. It was true that for a moment he had seen a darker side of Sly, and had thought perhaps he had been wrong about the man being his friend. The human extended his bloodied hand to Fenuviel, who took it without question or hesitation.
"My blood, you may keep it till Darksworn returns and you do not need a brother anymore, when you may spill it again,"
"I hope there is never a need for it to be shed again. You do not understand how much you have given me, thank you..."

Sly produced needle and thread before stitching the wound he had given himself, donning shirt and armor once again.

No one would know, no one would see. Fenuviel hugged his brother, and he heard the man laugh warmly.
"My little brother, still taller than me,"
"But still only a foolish boy,"
"Well... if a fool, at least he is a loved one.”

Fenuviel/Eidan
Fenuviel/Eidan

Character sheet
Name: Fenuviel Mooncrow
Title: Watcher

Back to top Go down