Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noble Corruption

+17
Raviran / Reynar
Antistia
Jomir
Ledgic
Ataris
Koroko
Neferi
Geldar
Melnerag
Gunnell
Grufftoof
Shaelyssa
(Goggy) - Exilius
Magaskawee/Anaei
Gogol
Raelan
Torukan
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Noble Corruption - Page 2 Empty Re: Noble Corruption

Post by Neferi Thu May 06, 2010 7:53 am

If not mistaking then dwarves and humans are quite the good friends and they do support each other a good share. So I am unable to see why would they do such a thing as when they make life hard for the humans, then in the end they make lifer harder for themselves as well.

Also as Geldar said, if Stormwind finds out that such a thing is done they would quickly have the nobles head, specially if for some fucked up reason it's a gnome.
Neferi
Neferi

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Thu May 06, 2010 10:12 am

Neferi have you come to this topic to just flame me? It just seems you want to flame me, I've just had some thoughts about an event, and you're here to QQ about a gnome, I'll remember that next time I go to a council meeting and see Mandui sat on the chair, and scream 'THIS IS FUCKED UP, A DRAENEI ON THE STORMWIND COUNCIL!?'

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Thu May 06, 2010 10:17 am

There's no need to take it so personally, Rushomi! I don't think Neferi was trying to "flame" you or whatever, she was just giving her opinion :p.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Thu May 06, 2010 11:21 am

Rushomi/Tashun (Sacul) wrote:I was thinking of maybe cutting a deal where I sell my stock to Ironforge, and then Ironforge will be able to put whatever price they want on the food supplies, which puts stormwind in a tight spot, either pay the inflated price Ironforge offers or their kingdom begins to starve

Hmmm... I suppose it would work. Assuming you somehow manage to ship the food (primarily grain and meats) to Menethil, from their fund a caravan to take it into the highlands and sell it to the Ironforge markets there directly. This by somehow managing to avoid transporting it trough Stormwind (ship it directly from a anchorage along the westfall coast most likely).

The problem is that this would be so much more expensive than just shipping it stright to Stormwind and allowing the markets to take over there though (since you'd have to pay for the entire trip and thus have for much higher a cost). Ironforge would essentially need to subside the enterprise for their own people not to complain about prices (the inflated prices in Stormwind neatly explained by tolls to fund this subsidation), the question is why they would do that.

You need some sort of extra incentive to make this worthwhile for the senate. Something that makes Ironforge willing to pay extra and toll food export south. Something more than first dibs on the harvest. This could be really important information, a large quantity of a extremely rare and expensive metal that you smuggle in the food shipments or something else.

Whatever it is, it must be important enough to risk shooting not only the Alliance to bits but also risk crippling dwarven economy.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Neferi Thu May 06, 2010 11:54 am

Rushomi/Tashun (Sacul) wrote:Neferi have you come to this topic to just flame me? It just seems you want to flame me, I've just had some thoughts about an event, and you're here to QQ about a gnome, I'll remember that next time I go to a council meeting and see Mandui sat on the chair, and scream 'THIS IS FUCKED UP, A DRAENEI ON THE STORMWIND COUNCIL!?'

If I would want to flame you my replys would be far more hostile. However if you just care for the YAY GUD IDEA M8, I will not post more ;P
Neferi
Neferi

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu May 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Neferi wrote:If not mistaking then dwarves and humans are quite the good friends and they do support each other a good share. So I am unable to see why would they do such a thing as when they make life hard for the humans, then in the end they make lifer harder for themselves as well.

Also as Geldar said, if Stormwind finds out that such a thing is done they would quickly have the nobles head, specially if for some fucked up reason it's a gnome.

you forget. this is defias. Humans and dwarves hate each other, mostly due to human incompetence and dwarven arrogance <_o

its a miracle there hasnt been a war.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Thu May 06, 2010 12:58 pm

Further proof that Defias, Alliance side is a messed up craphole! Razz
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Thu May 06, 2010 1:01 pm

A bit not on topic I wonder why this is the same thing as Mandui being in the Council. Anyone that has been at a meeting know she doesn't have any power as such, but that her work goes out on pointing out who has the word. Any race could do that tbh. It's not at all even close to a gnome being a noble in Westfall.

On that note, I think you've heard that point more then enough so I ain't gonna point that out.

What I'm however curious of would be how you plan to have KoA get involved. It's about Stormwind farms after all, something KoA ain't really even allowed to meddle or get involved in. Of course, I'm all ears to your suggestions?
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Thu May 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Nay, I just wanted approval from the top roleplaying guilds, and wanted mostly human guilds to give me the thumbs up once it's properly sorted. I don't want to be that guy who just goes, 'oke, well I own this and this' without asking if it's alright

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Thu May 06, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm flattered you consider KoA one of those then. But as said from others, some changes probably has to be made. But once you've done such and put up a new suggestion I'll have a look again of course.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Saihna Trollbane wrote:A bit not on topic I wonder why this is the same thing as Mandui being in the Council. Anyone that has been at a meeting know she doesn't have any power as such, but that her work goes out on pointing out who has the word. Any race could do that tbh. It's not at all even close to a gnome being a noble in Westfall.

On that note, I think you've heard that point more then enough so I ain't gonna point that out.

What I'm however curious of would be how you plan to have KoA get involved. It's about Stormwind farms after all, something KoA ain't really even allowed to meddle or get involved in. Of course, I'm all ears to your suggestions?

Actually, she's allowed to bring up things they should vote for. That's power. :<

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Thu May 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Perhaps. But she wouldn't. She's not really that one that go about and abuse the power and call for votes in issues she frankly doesn't care much about. Still, as I said I'm open for suggestions to such an event.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Thu May 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Please, everyone is more than welcome for suggestions in ways to improve this event, atm it's ideas cuz I don't how much time on my hands for now

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelo/Lucanor Sun May 09, 2010 12:41 pm

I think involving the Stormwind guilds and DRS in such kind of plot would indeed not be the best idea, for several reasons pointed out here. Imho, it could be more interesting to have it an underground war. We have several guilds on this server that work more secretly (Forlorn Cartel, TDS, SWO, Old town syndicate, the Tinker Federetion, etc.), why not have them fight out a dirty little war over one group trying to mess in the other's business?
Raelo/Lucanor
Raelo/Lucanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun May 09, 2010 12:50 pm

I think regarding Mandui; Stormwind is not just the capital of the Human Nation but the Capital of the Alliance. Therefore the council should have at least a few diverse ministers to cater to the non-human voices in the city aswell as serving the humans. It's very easy to say that the issues in the council only concern the citizens of stormwind, but many of those citizens ain't human. But on the power case, let's face it the council is there as advisors to the king but Stormwind isn't even an absolute monarchy. It's Heriditary with the permissions of the House of Nobles. Whilst the council declares and carries out laws they can be vetoed by His Majesty and any of the Houses. So in summary, Mandui is a symbol of the diverse nature of the City and it's People.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sun May 09, 2010 1:02 pm

So it should be renamed the Alliance Council?

But anyways thinking over this more its not Stormwind we hate. Yes they may be incompetent pencil pushers but we are old allies and always there to answer the call for aid in times of need and vice versa, so I would doubt there would be an -official- *wink* approval from the Senate for your plans to work
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun May 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Jomir Howlhammer wrote:So it should be renamed the Alliance Council?

But anyways thinking over this more its not Stormwind we hate. Yes they may be incompetent pencil pushers but we are old allies and always there to answer the call for aid in times of need and vice versa, so I would doubt there would be an -official- *wink* approval from the Senate for your plans to work

No, as it concerns everything within Stormwind. Alliance council would govern Darnassus, Ironforge, Gnomeregan and Greymane aswell.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sun May 09, 2010 1:13 pm

I know this probably isn't the place to ask questions about the Council but I might as well since it's already being discussed here anyways:

Why aren't the night elves, dwarves and gnomes represented in the council as well then? The night elves and dwarves (and the gnomes respectively) seem to have larger population in Stormwind City than the draenei too, so wouldn't it make more sense then to have all five races of the Alliance be represented in the Alliance Council? If I'm mistaken about this or whatever then please excuse me :p. At any rate, I think this discussion should be moved to another thread if it's to continue further.

Anaei wrote:
Jomir Howlhammer wrote:So it should be renamed the Alliance Council?

No, as it concerns everything within Stormwind. Alliance council would govern Darnassus, Ironforge, Gnomeregan and Greymane aswell.

*snort* I'ld like to see them try! :p
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sun May 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Thing is Mandui doesn't represent draenei in her position. She's just a form of judge if you will, to decide on votes and point as to who has the word. That she happens to be draenei is because she probably live in Stormwind, which what Anaei said a lot of other races do. It doesn't have to do with representing a race, I can't say I've ever seen Mandui say anything in favor of draenei.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 9:37 pm

I find it quite sad to see this level of bashing on an idea. And no, I don't choose to call it criticism as you immiedietly go into defensive stance about Mandui on the Stormwind Council.

I can bet that a bunch of you here have come up with plain stupid ideas and plots in the past, and I'm even pretty sure they worked out in the end because the community was there to back you up and make it succeed - and be enjoyable.

Instead of proposing changes yourselves, I mainly see "Redo it and come back later." Sounds like something my teacher would say when he has his mind set on seeing me fail class.

Last edited by Ataris on Sun May 09, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo edited on request)

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sun May 09, 2010 9:49 pm

So where are your ideas and positive propositions? Very Happy

Or did you just jump aboard so that you could flame too? Neutral
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 9:51 pm

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:So where are your ideas and positive propositions? Very Happy

Or did you just jump aboard so that you could flame too? Neutral

I was more hoping the rest of the crew aboard would get their heads straight, so that I wouldn't have felt a need to comment on the obvious pessimism in the first place.

But it was a nice try to get me into the flamefest, Exilius, shame that it was equally obvious.

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sun May 09, 2010 9:59 pm

A villain has to be somewhat hinty or obvious at times, otherwise gibby'wibby Heroes like you would never discover our loose ends and weaknesses! Smile

Too late, Andrek, too late! Twisted Evil
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2