Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noble Corruption

+17
Raviran / Reynar
Antistia
Jomir
Ledgic
Ataris
Koroko
Neferi
Geldar
Melnerag
Gunnell
Grufftoof
Shaelyssa
(Goggy) - Exilius
Magaskawee/Anaei
Gogol
Raelan
Torukan
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Noble Corruption Empty Noble Corruption

Post by Torukan Mon May 03, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm currently in the state of a concept for an event in which my Gnome Galavan, is to inherit a deed that makes him Noble of Westfall, controlling the farms will make him gain money and power quickly, and soon he will control the grain supplies to stormwind, now here's what I wanted to make this event do:

- I want my corrupted noble to slowly gain protection from the Dwarves and especially the Senate for diplomatic immunity
- Later on into the event, I want The Dark Sphere to act as influences to my corruption, as a chance to cut supplies from Stormwind as a threat/ransom
- I want the event to last quite a while, perhaps a month
- I want HUMAN guilds to band together to combat my noble in an attempt to kill him/arrest him/remove his power
- However, during the event, the human guilds will actually fight the dark sphere and dwarvern rifle squad without DRS knowing they're on the same side as TDS, once they find out, they will help bring me down

Now that is just the broad concept at the moment, before I start this event, I'm going to ask for approval from the guild leaders/officers of The Dark Sphere, Dwarven Rifle Squad, Bloodwind, Kingdom of Arathor, The Disciples of Light, The Chapter of Holy Anethion, The Old Town Syndicate (They will probably play a big part, Jayse I'm looking at you) and The Scarlet Crusade.

Give me your feedback and suggestions to improve this event, remember this is in Alpha mode, I'm just thinking of a true concept at the moment.

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Noble Corruption Empty Re: Noble Corruption

Post by Raelan Mon May 03, 2010 10:50 pm

A gnome, being a noble of Westfall?
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon May 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Nobles, in Westfall?
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon May 03, 2010 11:37 pm

Just to throw a curveball at yah, sorry..

Relithien wrote:A gnome, being a noble of Westfall?

There is no way that the artistocracy of the Human Nations would die off so much a gnome would be made the controller of Westfall. I am probably before you in that line of succession.

Gogol wrote:Nobles, in Westfall?

Another good point. There is no noble incharge of the farms, and the farms have yet to recover from the massive loses during the war on the Defias.

Either way, this idea is too flawed to be accepted.

..Sorry.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Tue May 04, 2010 9:58 am

Give me your feedback and suggestions to improve this event, remember this is in Alpha mode, I'm just thinking of a true concept at the moment.

whoa whoa, I said suggestions, this is just an idea, it could be a gnome, a human yet, and I need a concept where I'm in control of the westfall farms, i appreciate the criticism, taken, I guess it'll have to be Tashun under a different alias, but can someone throw me an idea where I can control the farms for this event? Steal the deeds? Bribe the farmers?

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Tue May 04, 2010 10:02 am

If you concepted a gnome for a setting like this, you are already tainted. D:
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue May 04, 2010 10:21 am

If we're going to have draenei in the council why is having a ... gnome in the House of Nobles any different - haha! No but seriously, I have to agree with everybody else about how a gnome becoming a noble by inheriting a deed(?!) doesn't sound all that "probable" to say the least. The plot line you've set up looks very interesting nonetheless, so the best of luck with it, although I hope you'ld reconsider which character you'ld choose to role-play with (as in not a gnome!) Wink.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Tue May 04, 2010 11:06 am

A gnome convinced he is (or perhaps actually IS) simply a short person? Inherited the deeds by marriage?

I'm thinking Tirion Lanister here... yes, a tricky little imp.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue May 04, 2010 11:37 am

Shaelyssa wrote:If we're going to have draenei in the council why is having a ... gnome in the House of Nobles any different

Got a point actually...

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue May 04, 2010 11:44 am

Why would Ironforge support a gnome screwing up Stormwind's economy? And what prevents 'goodies' from telling "We care not for your deeds!" and claiming back the farms by force as part of 'Motherland Protection'?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue May 04, 2010 12:09 pm

What Imanuel said, and what stops Stormwind to just send its Military to buldozer down the ones responsible and hang them from the gates on the Capital?
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Neferi Tue May 04, 2010 12:13 pm

I believe to sum up it all simply:

Terrible idea, gnome.
Neferi
Neferi

Back to top Go down

Post by Koroko Tue May 04, 2010 3:28 pm

i'm not sure such criticism has a place when only a small handful of people on this server (mister gnome included) are trying to get some roleplaying event stuff set up

there are stranger things that have happened in the WoW lore itself, let alone freeform storylines the players themselves make (i'm still waiting for a reasoning as to why a human nation who betrayed stormwind & co. are now allying themselves with you AFTER they've all become hairy, rage filled beasts. I'm not usually one to complain about WoW lore however because Blizzard's retcons are usually very good Smile )

tl;dr version: yes it's odd that a gnome would come to claim any human land but it's both possible and believable given the right setting. Inheritance perhaps is the wrong way to go but it's not impossible to consider any alliance race from eventually buying out such deeds. if you need a dwarven DK (unlikely but imma hordie yo!) for any stuff Sacul then I'm happy to lend a hand, just send me a PM on these forums.
Koroko
Koroko

http://defiaseu.wikia.com/wiki/Koroko_Nightwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Tue May 04, 2010 3:32 pm

I'm not bashing down the general idea, could turn out to be fun RP.
But given the odds, it might not get that far, no reason as to not try it out.

"A rich merchant, secretly gettin in "controlling positions" of all farms, working descritley against.. Stormwind?"
Work on some details, and it could be done. Even if it most probally get bulldozerd over in the end, wich is in no way a bad thing.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Koroko Tue May 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Gogol wrote:"A rich merchant, secretly gettin in "controlling positions" of all farms, working descritley against.. Stormwind?"

Rushomi/Tashun (Sacul) wrote:- I want HUMAN guilds to band together to combat my noble in an attempt to kill him/arrest him/remove his power

i forsee it working out quite well, yeah :)
Koroko
Koroko

http://defiaseu.wikia.com/wiki/Koroko_Nightwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Tue May 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Gogol summed it up well. You should try, but I would work on some details first. Smile
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue May 04, 2010 3:59 pm

Once you've fleshed the idea out a bit more, feel free to contact me about the Old town syndicate's participation. I'm not one for slamming down plot ideas before they get off the ground, unless of course they're completely idiotic.

With the right changes this could be quite good, if potentially short.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Tue May 04, 2010 5:01 pm

You'd need to think about how it is in the Senates interest to help the noble more thoroughly as IC the grand chancellor is quick to dismiss ideas he thinks is not benefitial very quickly from what i've seen
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Tue May 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Aye, I thank people for their suggestions, this is still on my idea and I still will like to do this event, it just needs some thinking, remember I thought this off the top of my head

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Wed May 05, 2010 9:15 am

Eruadan/Gunnell/Graham wrote:
Shaelyssa wrote:If we're going to have draenei in the council why is having a ... gnome in the House of Nobles any different

Got a point actually...

A big one, even. Precedent has been set which is rather unfortunate (nothing personally Mandui).
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raviran / Reynar Wed May 05, 2010 1:16 pm

If it's against the DRS, Forlorn cartel will help out anytime Wink (with a little payment of course...)
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Wed May 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Raviran wrote:If it's against the DRS, Forlorn cartel will help out anytime Wink (with a little payment of course...)

noted Razz

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Wed May 05, 2010 2:12 pm

The idea is a interesting one, but it could need some polish like others have said.

Being a noble or merchant would work just as well, both the nobility and the merchants ought to have moved back by now anyways.

The biggest problem I can see is that why would the senate ever support someone who makes Stormwin'd economy suffer? Do you sell the wares directly to Ironforge and somehow manage to ship the food straight to Khaz'Modan without passing stormwind or pay tax? Or do you simply extort Stormwind (overprice that is)... In either case... there's one tiny problem...

Stormwind is Ironforge's biggets customer of metalproducts, armours, weapons, gunpowder and such. If Stormwind's economy suffers... then Stormwind will have less money to buy those goods with. Leading to that the dwarves will have to sell cheaper and thus earn less money (which means less taxes to fund the senate's projects and DRS wages)
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Wed May 05, 2010 5:22 pm

..............no money for ale? D:
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Thu May 06, 2010 6:02 am

I was thinking of maybe cutting a deal where I sell my stock to Ironforge, and then Ironforge will be able to put whatever price they want on the food supplies, which puts stormwind in a tight spot, either pay the inflated price Ironforge offers or their kingdom begins to starve

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next