Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Hand, not disbanded?

2 posters

Go down

The Silver Hand, not disbanded? Empty The Silver Hand, not disbanded?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:52 am

http://www.wowpedia.org/Knights_of_the_Silver_Hand#Cataclysm

After reading this link I became sort of interested in what became of the Silver Hand. As I wrote in my Anti-Argent propaganda, which actually had merit in it's writing, Tirion Fordring was banished from the SH and as such had little to no authority to call for the union with himself as golden boy highlord.

The article continues to outline whom is in the Silver Hand (the trainers, who apparently were the ones who never joined Tirion Fordring.

Anyway, what do you make of this? As far as I've seen, most people have been role-playing along that the Silver Hand was disbanded, yet according to this page, every paladin in-game and IC if you've been trained in the Church is part of the Silver Hand.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

The Silver Hand, not disbanded? Empty Re: The Silver Hand, not disbanded?

Post by Ixirar Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:15 am

I believe it's instrumental to remember that the Silver Hand was not a direct subject of the Crown of Lordaeron and as such, Arthas couldn't disband the order, but only turn down their services. Arthas then went ahead to slaughter every paladin in Lordaeron, believing this to be the death of the order. However, I'd assume the paladins in Ironforge and Stormwind (Arthas himself was sworn into the order in Stormwind) are still largely alive and as such the order never truly disbanded.

If anybody was to call to form a player union of these paladins, I could see it reasonable that they swear down Tirion's self proclamation as high lord of the Silver Hand, as he was formally banished from service, as you pointed out yourself.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:57 am

It depends a lot on what constitutes the 'Order of the Silver Hand'. A lot of members certainly survived and may keep true to the Order's customs and traditions. But there is no Silver Hand hierarchy anymore (at least, lore doesn't hint at any).

My view:
Silver Hand doesn't exist as an organization, but it exists as a tradition and a code of values transmitted from paladin to squire.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down