Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A letter to Sullee

+19
Finnabhair
Ledgic
Drustai
Grufftoof
Arabella Greene
Cathee Norris
Sabien
Lavian
Vaell
Raenmar
Helmut
Coppersocket
Sohan
Iriel Silversong
Cid
Quin
Sullee Swiftspeech
Raene
Littlepip
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A letter to Sullee - Page 3 Empty Re: A letter to Sullee

Post by Vaell Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Raenmar wrote:It's the same in principle. Something doesn't need to have been explicitly mentioned in the lore. We can assume it exists.

Are you against people RPing flu?
Not if they actually make something relevant and clever with it, e.g. Mana/Magic induced.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote: Granted, a character of immense evil can pop up anywhere and anytime, but the idea of a character being killed and ress'd as a DK (Which is iffy to me on its own) and suddenly gaining all the knowledge required to do this? Eh, I'm not so sure. I really would suggest time is taken to build this up.
Why do I get the feeling only Ledgic read my post? :/
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:41 pm

but the idea of a character being killed and ress'd as a DK (Which is iffy to me on its own) and suddenly gaining all the knowledge required to do this?

The character, from what I know, was a herbalist/alchemist in life. She'd already have at least a basic knowledge.

Not if they actually make something relevant and clever with it, e.g. Mana/Magic induced.

...So.. you're against RPing illness?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Raenmar wrote:
...So.. you're against RPing illness?
No. I just prefer the more creative approach where people take things we know exist in WoW - as in things which are specific and more relevant to the magical world - and then integrate them. My issue, as I've said several times, with this particular event is that it is overly ambitious to the point where it'll be more trouble than fun. Martha has already caused some issues ICly with RP that has been, with lack of a better term, a bit lollish. I don't really want to see her ignored by bunch of RPers but I know this kind of event is exactly the thing to lead to that happening.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Raenmar wrote:
The character, from what I know, was a herbalist/alchemist in life. She'd already have at least a basic knowledge.
Not sure how that's a jusification for suddenly understading Shadow craft and necromancy?

That's like me saying "Bella reads a lot. She got raised as a DK and can now take down the entire Kirin Tor...because."
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:03 pm

Also, I feel the need to repost this image:

A letter to Sullee - Page 3 Seriousbarrel

MY BARREL HOW DARE YOU IT IS MINE MINE MINE.

*grabs, hoards, hisses!*
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:09 pm

My issue, as I've said several times, with this particular event is that it is overly ambitious to the point where it'll be more trouble than fun. Martha has already caused some issues ICly with RP that has been, with lack of a better term, a bit lollish. I don't really want to see her ignored by bunch of RPers but I know this kind of event is exactly the thing to lead to that happening.

On a large-scale, it could work, and it could be fun. The only thing stopping that is people rejecting it. The only decent reason I've seen so far is the lore problems, which in all honesty aren't anything major. Yes it could be considered OP, but it doesn't guarantee death.

Not sure how that's a jusification for suddenly understading Shadow craft and necromancy?

A virus has absolutely nothing to do with Shadow or necromancy.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:11 pm

Eversong had a plague without all this drama.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Raenmar you are just going in circles by ignoring what others have already said to you.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:18 pm

And even so, Raen has a point. That's why he keep making it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:22 pm

Clydas / Tar-Chan wrote:And even so, Raen has a point. That's why he keep making it.
As I've stated, my main problem with the event isn't the event itself it's the character doing it.
I am not even making an attack at the player. I am stating that I do not believe Martha's charcacter can have created/planned something on this scale as of yet...
Reason: Her character is not plausible.
I think I shall stop responding now, I feel that if I have to make this point again I'll scream.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:26 pm

Could all of the genuine problems people raise not be swept asside by a simple and more interesting story telling technique? That She is a DK angry at SW and wanting to cause a terrorist attack is fine, the method is wrong, so what if someone else supplied the plague? The DK isnt a mastermind coming to threaten your RP, just an angry flawed DK in a rage and taken advantage of.

Then there is the question of "who is the mastermind? Horde? Cultist? Something else? Dun dun duuuuun!

Anyway that would work for me, improve the narrative with something better and answer all questions.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:53 pm

There is too little -me- in this thread. Especially when taking the title in account.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:40 am

Sullee Swiftspeech wrote:There is too little -me- in this thread. Especially when taking the title in account.

*Gives Sullee a cookie and hot chocolate while patting him repeatedly on the head* There, there little buddy... Don't be silly, we still care about you. But we need to solve some stuff first. Just lean back, relax and we'll give you attention later on.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:39 am

Screw it, after reading all these comments I think someone else should take over the whole event if they want to, Martha is died in Arathi any way and I will be starting a new character, this character will have no background out of that she wanted to go out and see the world, meet the freelancers and is going to be trained by them F-ing done and hope every one is happy now!

Sorry Raenmar, but time so see it in the eyes, I em horrible at Roleplay and should never have joined the forum so there is no need for you to support me any more.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:02 am

hey don't run yourself down. RP like anything else is learnt, no-one starts out good at it. (although some on this forum would exempt themselves from that).
So some people thought your idea was a little over ambitious. Take the good points of their objections and learn from it, we've all been there y'know. Just ignore the hateful bits, theyre just penned by the ignorant who feel they have a point but don't have the skills to articulate.

If you want to go ahead with your plans in some form give me a nudge..
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet
Name: Robi Kaezlan
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:54 am

Yo Martha, don't take it to heart and don't be disheartened.
People don't want you to go.
It's all about trial and error.
Even I was abysmal at Roleplay once, you are just finding your feet.
Chin up and start again Smile
Roleplay is a learning curve, don't allow yourself to be kicked into the ground. I would be happy to help you with any future Roleplay.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:09 am

Next time I create a character I think I will make a Warior.. But then I would have to level up again! Aaaah! *Facedesk*
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:14 am

Nah, just change the look of Martha (the priest version) you don't need to pay for a recustomisation.
Just go to the barbers, change your RP clotheset and change your TRP2 name.
Done!
New character without having to level.
Also don't forget you have your hunter and your Paladin, it's not like you are without formed characters already Smile
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:59 am

Grufftoof wrote:I personally think the idea, the kernel of it, is kinda cool - a biological attack is cool. That's why the original and continuing plagues are cool They're horrible, nasty, powerful things.

But the scale of this is daft, and way too "over the top" - too "much". And that's what is unworkable and unplayable.

But the way people say "no"... is a bit too much. You're all supposed to be RPers. People who use words to express things with hopefully some eloquence and thought. But there's little thought and way too much vitriolic shit and harshness that comes across from some people.

Think about how you say stuff. The OP too. Ok, "English" isn't everyone's first language. But "Twat" isn't anyone's first language either.

Grufftoof, have I mentioned that you are my favorite person on these forums?

Because you are.

<3.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:25 pm

Martha Duskbringer wrote:Screw it, after reading all these comments I think someone else should take over the whole event if they want to, Martha is died in Arathi any way and I will be starting a new character, this character will have no background out of that she wanted to go out and see the world, meet the freelancers and is going to be trained by them F-ing done and hope every one is happy now!

Sorry Raenmar, but time so see it in the eyes, I em horrible at Roleplay and should never have joined the forum so there is no need for you to support me any more.
What's with all the melodrama! Bloody hell, people just don't like a single event - they're not saying "Your idea is over ambitious, never RP here again!" bounce

We're an online role-playing community, don't take anything someone says on here to heart. Passionate opinions collide but I've never, not once, seen a reason to open the flood gates.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:36 pm

That's because people get desensitized to how things are here.

New people like Martha can be quite disheartened, when in the centre of the discussion.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Grufftoof is right in that people sure could use some thought before they press the "Send" button. There's a major difference between "criticizm" and "flaming". Constructive criticizm leads to improvements mostly, but this thread contains flaming. We have all been new at RP, many of us have had tough times setting up and planning our first major events.
But that doesn't give us an excuse to lash out like that against someone who tries to provide something different in ways of RP. No wonder that players laugh at our "elitist clubhouse" at times, we're bloody humiliating not only those new roleplayers with our attitude, but also ourselves by sinking this low, acting high and mighty.

"Bah!" I say towards those who flamed. Let them complain. And if they want no part of the RP that YOU provide, it is THEIR loss. Sure, some of the details in this event are a tad ambitious, but as both Arabella and Raenmar (I think) pointed out as well, is that events like these needs time to unfold properly to be accepted as a whole. Some may not like the concept, but hey, they have their opinion and don't need to participate in the event. If they are SW based and don't want part in the event, they are free to live in their little bubble and ignore what's going on around them (as usual). We always can use some new ideas and good imagination to not stagnate in our RP.

Go for it I say, Martha.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:28 pm

I think someone else mentioned making the event a bit smaller by contacting a few specific people in game. I had a thought about this..

Instead of planning out a massive event to begin with, maybe you could contact say perhaps five people and make the event with them in the sense that they get infected. Then you can tell them to spread the word, and that people that RP with them could be infected (if they wish to participate). This way, people that want to participate get to participate, people that don't have the option to say no - and also it puts some pressure off because it's up to the roleplayers how many actually get infected. It can become small, medium large or even huge if it catches on.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:13 pm

I guess I should have given you people this link so you could complain, flame or talk in there instead...

http://www.defiasrp.com/t6655p60-awip-operation-blood-mist-city
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down