Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A letter to Sullee

+19
Finnabhair
Ledgic
Drustai
Grufftoof
Arabella Greene
Cathee Norris
Sabien
Lavian
Vaell
Raenmar
Helmut
Coppersocket
Sohan
Iriel Silversong
Cid
Quin
Sullee Swiftspeech
Raene
Littlepip
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A letter to Sullee - Page 2 Empty Re: A letter to Sullee

Post by Iriel Silversong Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Helmut wrote:
Coppersocket wrote:I'm just gonna put this here, this isn't Naruto.
(In before shit storm from other people, think I'm too hostile or w/e)

^
This

^
THAT
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Raenmar wrote:I really don't see how it doesn't make sense. I do think Holy/Fire/Ice should be able to kill the virus before it infects anyone, but unless your character has immense reaction times that wouldn't work anyway.

It's not implausible. Shit, similar things have/could be done IRL.

Yes, you can use magic in WoW. You aren't God. You aren't omnipotent. Magic has limits. Your character has limits. Sometimes they might even get into a situation where they JUST CAN'T WIN OMG. They wouldn't need to die, they could be cleansed by people who get called in to help just in time (see my suggestion about druids and shammies in the other thread). But they would be VULNERABLE and there would be a RISK, and they wouldn't be able to get out of the situation by themselves. That's part of RP.

I don't see it possible for past History on communication and the fact of many things going around while this is supposed to take place, second too its not only about the magic. Also, not all troops guards are gone to war and after the similar situations happened in other kingdoms.. Red flag's would be easily raised. And about magic which magic schools are we speaking.. Arcane or Elemental?
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:11 pm

I think the most ridiculous thing is that you've managed to create a virus capable of wiping out humanity in less than a month of being away from the city... You, a single normal DK have achieved what took many of the greatest minds of a cult/the Forsaken months, if not years, to achieve.

It's all a little god emoting for my tastes.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:31 pm

People need to stop being so god damn awful harsh and help the guy out then instead of shutting him down.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:11 pm

I don't see it possible for past History on communication and the fact of many things going around while this is supposed to take place

But it would work if done right. He said himself he wants somebody to lead it who could pull it off in a way that works properly.

Also, not all troops guards are gone to war and after the similar situations happened in other kingdoms.. Red flag's would be easily raised.

Barrels are barrels. It's the capital of the Alliance. Thousands of inconspicuous barrels would be moving in and out every day, and they'd be piled up all over the place. If the smell was contained then there'd really be nothing to suggest anything out of place.

I think the most ridiculous thing is that you've managed to create a virus capable of wiping out humanity in less than a month of being away from the city... You, a single normal DK have achieved what took many of the greatest minds of a cult/the Forsaken months, if not years, to achieve.

Or just find and contain one? Viruses are natural. With some exploration and testing you could, entirely by chance, stumble upon something.

People need to stop being so god damn awful harsh and help the guy out then instead of shutting him down.

So much this. He's even asked for feedback and suggestions to make it work for everyone, and yet the majority of responses are shit like this:

Irene Silversong wrote:
Helmut wrote:
Coppersocket wrote:I'm just gonna put this here, this isn't Naruto.
(In before shit storm from other people, think I'm too hostile or w/e)

^
This

^
THAT

Seriously. There's such a thing as tact, and respect, and not being a massive fucking BELLEND. If you're going to post things that are solely to mock and insult people, either go and make a decent event yourself or SHUT THE HELL UP.

I'm sick of reading this type of hateful condescending shit all the time.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Have to agree, so what its a thread on its own? Or it was. Just let her get on with it, if you don't like it just stay out of it. Not everyone wants banal RP all of the time. Go for it Martha, ignore this lot, theyre just terrified theres potential RP that they can't star in.

I'll even supply your plague, poisons or whatever.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Sabien wrote:Have to agree, so what its a thread on its own? Or it was. Just let her get on with it, if you don't like it just stay out of it. Not everyone wants banal RP all of the time. Go for it Martha, ignore this lot, theyre just terrified theres potential RP that they can't star in.

I'll even supply your plague, poisons or whatever.

So you mean that half the Alliance should RP that a major catastrophy is happening and the other half should simply ignore it. I'm all for big RP events, but they are not to be determond and ruled over by one person. To make a plauge in the major city where almost all of the Alliance RP take place, you should run it by quite alot of people before deciding anything. What if people doesnt like this (Many dont, trust me) and still want to RP? Nope. Can't do that because for some people the whole city is dying. Not ONE person should decide what happends ICly. Its for the good of everyone.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Thats not what I said. I said to leave the thread alone. I agree one person can't take it upon themselves to wipe out a city. But why let it happen...go for a walk find the package, write an RP reply that you found it....rather than take it as read as "this is what happens" take the idea and build on it. All it takes is a little imagination and lets face it if you havent got any imagination you really shouldnt RP.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:40 pm

I understand you're sixteen, Raen, but can you not become Lexgrad #2

- I don't think it is safe to assume the Alliance doesn't check all barrels. Less than 15 year ago, half of their race was wiped out by the EXACT same tactic.
- A virus is natural, correct, but we have no idea if they exist in WoW or if they're how they are IRL.
- Feedback can be formed by avoiding what everyone is telling him is bad about it.

I'm not going to sit and suggest new ways to fix it, I'm not even telling her not to go through with it. All I'm saying is, Martha has had some contraversial RP in the past and - just as it is her right to do this rp - it's my right to say "Fuck that, /ignore." and avoid. Thay may seem harsh but, in all honesty, if you're making an event with so many negative views - you're obviously not going to win over the community. Sabien, no one is trying to be in the star light - in fact my view is completely the opposite. If you're dictating the lore to a point where it forces other people to be effected by it, you're role-play is inconsiderate and you will make no fans by doing so.

Martha, here's some feedback, try something else and come back to this in a couple months; completely reworked to make it less massive scale etc. If you go through with it as it is, you'll find there are a bunch of RPers who will see you as a bit of a loller. I understand you've done a couple of things in the past (I was personally already a bit put off when you simple countered wards with your natural body).

It may seem harsh to say but people shouldn't be sugarcoated if they're doing something that a lot of the community disagree with. They're fully in their right to do it but I'm in my right to RP Deathwing, would you want me to?

TL;DR - I think this is bad role-play. Good luck with it. I won't reply any longer unless something is directly aimed at me to respond.

(Sabien, you shouldn't RP if your RP directly effects others who find the RP, simply put, retarded).
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:47 pm

For the people arguing back and forth regarding whether or not people are pro or against this: Let me point out that Martha did ask whether or not people thought this event was something that should happen.

Once agian, this will only happen if enough people agreed with the Event,

As for people responding negatively, I mean, it happens when you ask for peoples opinion. And not everyone want to take the time to write a long explanation as to why (however people should at least be polite, but I think that is a given). If peoples opinions are asked, I think they have the right to voice them regardless of whether it is negative or positive.

With that said I'm not really having an opinion in this, as I see both pro's and con's here and there.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 pm

My point I think has been missed or perhaps I didn't elucidate properly. Im not approving the storyline Im just saying it doesn't have to be taken as read that its happened at all. I object to the hateful nature of the responses. Theres no need for it at all. Constructive helpful criticism I'm all for.
It does come across as jealousy (well to me anyway) and a deliberate attempt to hurt peoples feelings. I can't help but feel and maybe Im wrong but Coppersocket seems to have some personal issues with Martha. I was levelling a low level ally alt earlier and was in the LFRP channel, he was spouting the same sort of vitriol there at "her" too.
No need kid..no need
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:52 pm

I fail to see why not wanting this to happen makes that person an A-hole.
I have seen some fairly valid reasons as to why people don't want this.
People are also apprehensive about Martha's sudden rise to infamy and ultimate power (within 2 weeks).
People aren't saying 'no' because of "prescious RP" or whatever silly accusations have been flying.

I'll put it this way.
Yes Blizzard may break its own lore a lot and the world itself is full of magic and wander but what a lot in the community want is a sense of plausibility within said world.
And I believe that most of the members against Martha's event are against it due to a 'lack' of said plausibility.

People can become super villains on a server but it takes time and (here comes that word again) plausibility.
People have to believe that your character is a threat and be like "oh sheeeee, here comes the badass," rather than "oh, it's that guy again."

Give it time, learn more about the world and restructure said ideas. Give it a month or 2 and if your character has genuinely reached a stage of bad-assery without any god emoting or plot armour then congratulations, try a grand villianous event.

But until then:
In the words of Dragon's Den, "I'm out."
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 pm

I personally think the idea, the kernel of it, is kinda cool - a biological attack is cool. That's why the original and continuing plagues are cool They're horrible, nasty, powerful things.

But the scale of this is daft, and way too "over the top" - too "much". And that's what is unworkable and unplayable.

But the way people say "no"... is a bit too much. You're all supposed to be RPers. People who use words to express things with hopefully some eloquence and thought. But there's little thought and way too much vitriolic shit and harshness that comes across from some people.

Think about how you say stuff. The OP too. Ok, "English" isn't everyone's first language. But "Twat" isn't anyone's first language either.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:58 pm

But "Twat" isn't anyone's first language either.
It's mine!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Vaell wrote:
It's mine!

And you do a horrible job at it.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:07 pm

Eira Vanimedle wrote:
Vaell wrote:
It's mine!

And you do a horrible job at it.
I'm not sure if that is a compliment or not. If you're flirting with me, I'm not interested.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:08 pm

- I don't think it is safe to assume the Alliance doesn't check all barrels. Less than 15 year ago, half of their race was wiped out by the EXACT same tactic.

Then I assume you're against RPing smuggling of any type?

- A virus is natural, correct, but we have no idea if they exist in WoW or if they're how they are IRL.

We don't know toes exist in WoW because when I look at my character model I see blocky webbed feet. Am I to refrain from ever mentioning toes in RP until we get some official confirmation that they exist?

I fail to see why not wanting this to happen makes that person an A-hole.

It doesn't. As Sabien said, it's the aggressive, mocking, hateful nature of the responses that's present all too often from some conceited fucks. If you propose an idea and I said 'your idea is shit and you are shit and you should go away', I would be an asshole too.

Sure, maybe it should be on a smaller scale.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Raenmar wrote:Sure, maybe it should be on a smaller scale.
Or as I said, when Martha's character has risen to the power status of a 'threat' for real, rather than being a threat because she says she is.
As I said in my post, you've got to stay plausible.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:14 pm

Vaell wrote:- I don't think it is safe to assume the Alliance doesn't check all barrels. Less than 15 year ago, half of their race was wiped out by the EXACT same tactic.

Not going to respond to the rest of the topic, nor to say whether I agree or disagree with the overall subject. But Vaell, you're vastly overestimating security protocols. It is simply impossible to check every single cargo/shipment that comes into the city. Things always fall through the cracks, whether intentionally (smuggling) or by simple human error.

Also, I feel the need to repost this image:

A letter to Sullee - Page 2 Seriousbarrel
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Bin Laden didn't take time to build up his rep before his first terrorist attack. In reality, people don't try to make themselves known before they do something like this. It's the sudden big thing that makes them a threat.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Bin Laden didn't suddenly learn powerful shadow magic and necromancy after being killed and raised as a Death Knight.
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:20 pm

People seem to forget the pre-wrath event where crates were leaked into the city that started infecting people with a disease that turned people into ghouls. Havn't seen this mentioned here.

Such a fun event blizzard did then. It also created some of the best RP i've ever had with using the cathedral as the emergency centre and having people barricade it, going out on patrols etc with the risk of player controlled ghouls ready to infect you around the corner.

EDIT: Not the best video to go by but it works.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Smuggling I've agreed with but even so, this event would directly alter the entire Alliance capital. It's too large scale. That's my primary point. It's as bad as me saying an Alliance strike force gets into Orgrimmar and slaughters thousands of people. It's god emoting and lol rp.

We add to the lore and use the loop holes to create imaginative RP. We don't alter canon lore.

(Also, toes have been mentioned in WoW, so yes - we do know they exist. A virus is not as simple as a toe).
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 pm

It's the same in principle. Something doesn't need to have been explicitly mentioned in the lore. We can assume it exists.

Are you against people RPing flu?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:33 pm

Arabella Greene wrote:I fail to see why not wanting this to happen makes that person an A-hole.
I have seen some fairly valid reasons as to why people don't want this.
People are also apprehensive about Martha's sudden rise to infamy and ultimate power (within 2 weeks).
People aren't saying 'no' because of "prescious RP" or whatever silly accusations have been flying.

I'll put it this way.
Yes Blizzard may break its own lore a lot and the world itself is full of magic and wander but what a lot in the community want is a sense of plausibility within said world.
And I believe that most of the members against Martha's event are against it due to a 'lack' of said plausibility.

People can become super villains on a server but it takes time and (here comes that word again) plausibility.
People have to believe that your character is a threat and be like "oh sheeeee, here comes the badass," rather than "oh, it's that guy again."

Give it time, learn more about the world and restructure said ideas. Give it a month or 2 and if your character has genuinely reached a stage of bad-assery without any god emoting or plot armour then congratulations, try a grand villianous event.

But until then:
In the words of Dragon's Den, "I'm out."

I agree with this post over the rest to be honest. I think this is a combination of the nature of the event, which in reality does force participation if you want to RP in Stormwind -and- the fact it's coming from a character that has seemingly come out of nowhere. Granted, a character of immense evil can pop up anywhere and anytime, but the idea of a character being killed and ress'd as a DK (Which is iffy to me on its own) and suddenly gaining all the knowledge required to do this? Eh, I'm not so sure. I really would suggest time is taken to build this up.

The idea is genuinely good, but it is one that requires people to agree with it, as sad as that can seem. You can't have some people dying of a crazy virus while a person who isn't acknowledging the event strolls past whistling.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next