Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post YOUR Artwork thread\' anything from poop to photoshop and classic\' hand drawn!

+80
Calisar
Eve
Vaell
Rae Wulfgnar
Susan
erwtenpeller
Cid
Coppersocket
siegmund
Gesh
Allonia_Miral
Krogon Devilstep
Thondalar Stormleaf
Zalissa
Sadok
Arabella Greene
Littlepip
Iriel Silversong
Fyffe
Skarain
Sullee Swiftspeech
Thelos
Feydor
Helmut
Ralegh
Kittrina
Lavian
Cathee Norris
Baròth / Olian
Quin
Lomenár Nightsinger
Elric/Richard
Tuomas/Decurius
Delinith
Coppernut
Nifty
Chase - Esou
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Ledgic
Sohan
Althaløs
Buren
Lexgrad
Elijah Wesley
Kristeas Sunbinder
Ruby
Rargnasha
Grim
Gogol
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Eowale
Muzjhath
Raene
Hermie
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
The Z
Rhonya Steelheart
Finnabhair
Shaelyssa
Zhaun Blackblood
Solanum
Ziata'Ima
Emrys
Anivitas
Amaryl
Odgan / Keag
Ixirar
Whisper
Elrua
Darilas
Lorainne/Bridlington
Grufftoof
Drustai
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Xen-tau
Raenmar
Rmuffn
Ave/Sariella
Samian/Bismack
Melnerag
84 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Post YOUR Artwork thread\' anything from poop to photoshop and classic\' hand drawn! - Page 2 Empty Re: Post YOUR Artwork thread\' anything from poop to photoshop and classic\' hand drawn!

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Calisar wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:Aye, painting black and white first is a good way to make sure your values and contrast is good before applying color. I could never get the hang of it though, I always feel I'm sacrificing a lot of control over my colors when I use that technique. Colors are important to me!

Your persistent use of the soft brush makes your picture look a bit muddy in some places. Don't fear hard edges! They exist, and they make the picture a bit clearer.

Cheers for the feedback, and I agree about the muddiness. I'm actually striving for a more oil painterly feel to my pics, but that'll come with practice. Going to stick with a few more go's at this black & white lark, it's like a revelation!

Next pic will be edgy... promise Wink
You're not going to get there with soft brushes. If you want to create an oil-painting feel, get simple square or rectangular textured brushes, default opacity 100%, pen pressure set to opacity. Use eye-dropper to blend colors constantly and organically.

Start your pictures not by a line sketch but with blots of color, forget lines ever existed. Oil paintings don't have lines in them Wink

Those are the two most basic steps, I suggest you seek out tutorials on the matter.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post YOUR Artwork thread\' anything from poop to photoshop and classic\' hand drawn! - Page 2 Empty Re: Post YOUR Artwork thread\' anything from poop to photoshop and classic\' hand drawn!

Post by Calisar Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:26 pm

You're not going to get there with soft brushes.
Wasn't quite the intention for this particular pic, but I know the method you're meaning Wink

Start your pictures not by a line sketch but with blots of color, forget lines ever existed. Oil paintings don't have lines in them
Now -that- is proving a hard habit to break, but yeah, fun to try!
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:48 pm

Second sketch of the year! Kitteh.
Post YOUR Artwork thread\' anything from poop to photoshop and classic\' hand drawn! - Page 2 02_by_sugarmuffinslair-d5q6q7p
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Calisar wrote:
You're not going to get there with soft brushes.
Wasn't quite the intention for this particular pic, but I know the method you're meaning Wink

Start your pictures not by a line sketch but with blots of color, forget lines ever existed. Oil paintings don't have lines in them
Now -that- is proving a hard habit to break, but yeah, fun to try!

They have lines under the colours!
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:57 pm

I cant draw horses, this calls for practice!
Post YOUR Artwork thread\' anything from poop to photoshop and classic\' hand drawn! - Page 2 03_by_sugarmuffinslair-d5qa555
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 pm

Its pretty good!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:09 pm

Really good for "can't" ;p the left front leg seems a bit off, but everything else is pleasing!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:24 am

A commission for grim.

Post YOUR Artwork thread\' anything from poop to photoshop and classic\' hand drawn! - Page 2 Grim4-belf_zps981ccfa7
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:13 am

Grim, would you like to ERP?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:21 am

10/10 would bang
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:18 am

Its a birthday present for Mrs. Grim! Its not an RP character!

Its abso-fucking-lutely fantastic though Wulfgnar. You are a very talented man!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:20 am

Gorgeous! Nice work Wink
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Surprised isn't that mah arena partner? Awesome drawing Wulf!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:01 pm

She did do arena with us Lin!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 pm

She wears slutplate like no other!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Mrs. Grim has nice taste in clothing.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Post YOUR Artwork thread\' anything from poop to photoshop and classic\' hand drawn! - Page 2 S20130104094120

This one was made for me! It's not finished yet, or so I am told... but I already think it's beautiful! =3
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Tiiiiiiiiiits!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Awesome stuff as ever wulf! So jealous D: incoming bleh!
Post YOUR Artwork thread\' anything from poop to photoshop and classic\' hand drawn! - Page 2 04_by_sugarmuffinslair-d5qex3z
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:10 am

Just realised I didn't draw anything yet.. Humm.. Nice works btw!
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:03 am

Be proud of your art Ave! Wink and what a honey Aish ^^ is it going to be coloured?

Edit: Wintersabre doodle
Post YOUR Artwork thread\' anything from poop to photoshop and classic\' hand drawn! - Page 2 Tiggs
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:18 am

Holy crap that sabre! Wow!

In any case, I had this awesome dream where Arenfel and my DK was in 1 vs 1 combat in Twilight grove so I HAD to draw it. Here, two different focus points!

Post YOUR Artwork thread\' anything from poop to photoshop and classic\' hand drawn! - Page 2 Arenfellienniafight_zpsa2a3790e

Post YOUR Artwork thread\' anything from poop to photoshop and classic\' hand drawn! - Page 2 Arenfellienniafight2_zps08dc8099

Tried to make a transition gif out of it, but meh, I suck.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:39 pm

All I can say is:
Awesome! Shocked
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Why is he using frost! he should use fire! Still cool.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Arenfel needs a bigger beard.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next