Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photoshop

+9
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Quin
Ardrion
Elízabéth Moren
Magaskawee/Anaei
Mandui
Zhakiri
Ataris
Jazzle
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Photoshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Photoshop

Post by Nayan Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:41 am

Ardrion wrote:And while you may not steal an actual copy you still ignore the hard work and probably high cost it took to develop that game / program.
So, here's an interesting question:
Suppose I buy a Metallica cd, that entitles me to lifetime free of listening to the songs in the cd, as many times as I want to. If I download those songs after buying the cd, is it still "ignoring the hard work" etc? Is it still piracy/theft?

There used to be times where bands would actually pursue their tapes to be copied, for their music to be heard more and met by more people. Music "industry" is a crime, not the so called "piracy". Same goes for products that seem to cost 10x their actual cost, taking advantage of brand name in a still "unexplored" industry such as software (if you want to reply that it's not "unexplored", then by all means, name 50 software company names that deal - for example - with accounting programs).

Did you know that a single mother in the States was fined $2.000.000 "for sharing 24 songs over the internet" in March 2007? Do you know what the fine is for, say, rape? Something like $300k. Do you know what sort of compensation people get for air crashes where their family is killed? Something like $500k. Yes, I can totally see how downloading 24 songs is worth 4 times as losing your wife/child in a plane crash. Totally.

I'm sorry, but if there is "piracy" around, I'd say it's companies doing it Razz
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by avaiel Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:55 am

Lord Rutherford wrote:...to buy

Well here's your problem right there! see?

However if you're a moral man: Look up GIMP.
It's a nice program, and it's completely free too.
avaiel
avaiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:15 pm

Wait one month and torrent+crack+everything Photoshop CS5!

Back to top Go down

Post by Visceril Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:25 pm

I use the 'shop everyday..we argue sometimes but with any working relationship we make it work.

Now go out and buy CS4 and rejoice in the layers and frolic with filters!
Visceril
Visceril

Character sheet
Name: Visceril Strain
Title: Deathstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Its not like everyone can afford crazy money for a software package they won't use to:

1. generate profit
2. do daily professional work
3. use for some company or business

I figure alot of you are actually hobbyers, concerning the program, and I think for such a expensive package thats really more aimed towards businesses and professional work, its not all too bad to illigally obtain it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzle Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Aesthetic wrote:Its not like everyone can afford crazy money for a software package they won't use to:

1. generate profit

I figure alot of you are actually hobbyers, concerning the program, and I think for such a expensive package thats really more aimed towards businesses and professional work, its not all too bad to illigally obtain it.
I think it is to be honest. I mean, think about the money that had to go into making the program and advertising it, etc etc...

And you're getting it for free, thus making all those people's work obsilete. Isn't that abit unfair?
Jazzle
Jazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Lord Rutherford wrote:
Aesthetic wrote:Its not like everyone can afford crazy money for a software package they won't use to:

1. generate profit

I think it is to be honest. I mean, think about the money that had to go into making the program and advertising it, etc etc...

And you're getting it for free, thus making all those people's work obsilete. Isn't that abit unfair?

Not one bit.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Lord Rutherford wrote:Isn't that abit unfair?

There wasn't a chance you were gonna buy it anyway, so whats the loss to them? They gain nothing either way, you wouldn't buy it, ever, so they would never get that money.

They only gain popularity and advertisement. "Hey, yeah, this was made in CS5.".

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Aesthetic wrote:
Lord Rutherford wrote:Isn't that abit unfair?

There wasn't a chance you were gonna buy it anyway, so whats the loss to them? They gain nothing either way, you wouldn't buy it, ever, so they would never get that money.

They only gain popularity and advertisement. "Hey, yeah, this was made in CS5.".

Exactly..

And they might even get a future customer to their product.

Some survey or other that I read about showed that people who download illegally generally are prone to buying more than people who don´t, mainly due to the "Hey, damn this game/program/movie is actually nice, I´ll go and buy it when the sequel comes out."
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2