Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mounts in RP Discussion Thread

+23
Raenmar
Moneyfix
Ixirar
Ralegh
Kristeas Sunbinder
Emrys
Cid
Rmuffn
Silferdrake
erwtenpeller
Iltharen
Lexgrad
Sonitus
Vaell
Drustai
The Z
Grim
Magaskawee/Anaei
Muzjhath
Skarain
Humphry
Lini
Skaraa
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mounts in RP Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Mounts in RP Discussion Thread

Post by Emrys Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:18 pm

I am not that picky about mounts, I kind of dislike all store-bought mounts (not because they are store-bought, but more because of what they are), sparkly horse, winged guardian, golden serpent dragon... All a bit too odd/flashy to me.

I personally like picking suitable mounts for all of my characters, for Emrys, I have the Sunreaver Dragonhawk, as I find that to be the most fitting mount for a Blood Elf to fly on. I have also used a handkerchief that could be expanded to a flying carpet for traveling... Because... Magic, that's why! As a landmount I have either a White Hawkstrider or an Argent Warhorse.

My most 'OP' mount would be the Frostwyrm I use for my Death Knight Endalynne, but it just suits her >.> And I imagine any living mount getting really uncomfortable and nervous around her.

Otherwise, I am alright with most mounts if there is an explanation to them, I believe even Black Drakes are not completely ruled out (as it is not determined they are all gone) and the Vial of the Sands could be just what it is: a potion you drink to take on the illusionary shape of a dragon. I dislike pulling mounts out of your ass at random locations more. If you did not take your mount with you, get a local one!
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Mounts in RP Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Mounts in RP Discussion Thread

Post by Drustai Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Emrys wrote:I dislike pulling mounts out of your ass at random locations more. If you did not take your mount with you, get a local one!

QFE!

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:23 pm

In WoW, just because it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, doesn't mean it's not a transformed mammoth.

Someone with the means to do so, should be able to cast atleast an illusion.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Emrys wrote:I dislike pulling mounts out of your ass at random locations more. If you did not take your mount with you, get a local one!

Amen to that, Brother (or Sister)! Hallelujah!
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iltharen Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:08 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Flying disc? What?

I need this!

Basically you become Exalted with Lorewalkers by flying around Pandaria and reading/clicking different artifacts. It takes around 2 hours or less. Locations and stuff here. Linkage

Once you're exalted you visit their quartermaster for a cheap disk.
Iltharen
Iltharen

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 am

Emrys wrote:I have also used a handkerchief that could be expanded to a flying carpet for traveling... Because... Magic, that's why!
Emrys wrote:Because... Magic, that's why!
I like you.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 am

Before Ezlbag died i was using the alliance chopper icly.
The reasoning for having it was basically that Ezlbag and Quinian suddenly got their hands on a lot off money and due to the well known fact that one has to spend money to make money.... well they bought fancy suits, a chopper and musical instruments for Quin.
After that we were back to being poor people... just poor people with a cool ride.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:32 am

Tjib wrote:Before Ezlbag died i was using the alliance chopper icly.
The reasoning for having it was basically that Ezlbag and Quinian suddenly got their hands on a lot off money and due to the well known fact that one has to spend money to make money.... well they bought fancy suits, a chopper and musical instruments for Quin.
After that we were back to being poor people... just poor people with a cool ride.

Tjib wrote:
bought fancy suits, a chopper and musical instruments for Quin.

Tjib wrote:
and musical instruments for Quin.

Do I even want to know...
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:46 am

I want that flying disc without the cloud!

I think Silfer gave my precise opinion by saying "Only use a mount of it builds character, not just because it looks cool."
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneyfix Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Skaraa wrote:
Flying Machine/Chopper/Rocket – Get it made by an Engineer or do it yourself. You can probably also buy them from Gnomes/Goblins. Riding around on a rocket might raise some eyebrows, think it through.

A little Note to this. Flying Machines and Choppers where a very common mount used by the Dwarfs during the Second and Third War. Im sure many remenber the famous "They came from... behind!", the Gnomes had the same machines but had there own problems during the wars. So these Flying Machines could be very common for Dwarfs if they used to be "Aces" or Pilots. As Goblin it depends far more on your personal story on how you gained acces to a mount like this, in a unreleased game about Thrall's escapement from captivity you will hear a Goblin talking about Choppers as something that is extremly stupid, though lore varies on this as Goblins seem to have a good take on the Flying machinens aswell, seen in quests in WOW itself.

About the Rocket's, if You want to see how those Rockets would most likely work IC you should take the rocket tour in Azshara from the one end to the other, You can clearly see how the Rocket isent something you have full control over while flying. Though Experience makes Master and im sure some can control rockets.

And mounts certainly dosent look or work IC as they do OOC, you can easly have a packed up Mount like you can do with TotalRP2, special paintjobs, other colours. Can make for interresting emotes or things happening IC, I once forgot my sword after jumping of a Horse while playing Alliance on another server, it also means you can carry more things IC.

But back to the Rockets, you can certainly have rockets on the side of the big rockets to fly up and down, if your stronger or more heavy you will most likely also be betterable to control the Rocket. A few things you should think of though is! It's a Rocket witch means it has an ever frontgoing movement, you can RP this many ways, one way would be looking at it as a 1 time use mount, so when you light the fuse and set it off you will fly forever until the fuel runs out, which means you might have to fly in circles until you run out or make a crash landing. You could also say you have rockets on the side of the mount and are able to close the main burner which means you can practicly float in the air, that would also be a good explenation on how it could a mount you would use several times.

The fuel is also something to think about! That relly goes for all mounts like this, if not others aswell, some mounts require special food or energy to fly. A Rocket would most likely use gunpowder or some sort of Rocketfuel, can you always get that when you have been flying somewhere? Can you run out? How long will it take to run out?

Takeing off and landing is also something to be considered. The Choppers and most other mounts can go down easyli. But a Rocket! So many possiblities, ofc you can easyli say that it has wheel it can land on or take off from . But if you take the Rocket Tour several places in Azeroth you will experience that they need some sort of hill or ramp to move upwards. If your flying a rocket and it's one you Play you dont have total control over, you might also want to RP as you have to crash land every once in a while or simply jump iof the mount when you reach the point, use your parechute and let the mount crash somwhere.

On another note! You can RP alot more with your mounts than you think! Things like dragons and other mounts with claws might be able to scale cliffs and things like it so you can fly onto a mountian and sit down so you might not be noticed as easyli, some goes for wyrms and Gryphons. Engineer want to check up on there mounts all the time, they can act like freaky car mechanics and use alot of time makeing so everything is in order. Druids Flying mounts have many options, as a Troll bat you can hang upside down and look liek a bat and spy on people, same for druid birds in trees, etc.

You can use time to give food to your mounts, train them while rideing around, calm them in battle situations.

I personally use alot of IC time working on my Chopper.

Moneyfix
Moneyfix

Character sheet
Name: Moneyfix
Title: Gobfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:45 pm

That made me really, really want a rocket IC.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:15 am

Raenmar wrote:That made me really, really want a rocket IC.
You're a druid, don'try it!
About mounts, I think one thing must be always considered, IC, which is how much money can you IC earn. A mount, be it mechanical or an animal(magical creatures like Felsteed aside) has costs of mantaining. Fuel, food, and the time to clean where it dirtsand the place were to park it. As such, not many people could afford one, highly depending of course on the mount. In fact, none of my chars has mounts, with the exception of Grenier, who has a horse and a gryphon, period, mantained by the Alliance Army, with his own contributions. The other chars of mine for now don't own mounts*, and probably won't in the close future.

*Light bless 'Running Willd'.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneyfix Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:20 am

Skaraa wrote:
Lini wrote:Nice compilation.
One thing I'd like to point out, though.
NOTE: The Black Dragonflight and their tainted creations were wiped out (as far as we know) by Wrathion.
The black dragons in Outland were left untouched. Their numbers can't be very high with Sabellian/Baron Sablemane being the only notable one I can think of right now.

I had heard that but (on WoWpedia, anyway) it sounded more like speculation than anything else. I believe the original source for that was an article on WoW Insider - "Wrathion isn't omniscient, we can assume that the Dragons on Outland could have survived" or something like that?

It is a good point though, even if it were just speculation (correct me if I am wrong). I'll amend it.

Now I looked through the whole thread and found this and couldnt help myself. Razz

There was a blue post on MMOChampion a while back, I will try to find it agian.

The Blue Post Stated that Wrathion certainly didnt kill all black dragons on Azeroth, but the -thinks- he did, it did also talk about the Outland black dragons.

I will try to find the Blue post soon!
Moneyfix
Moneyfix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Moneyfix wrote:
Skaraa wrote:
Lini wrote:Nice compilation.
One thing I'd like to point out, though.
NOTE: The Black Dragonflight and their tainted creations were wiped out (as far as we know) by Wrathion.
The black dragons in Outland were left untouched. Their numbers can't be very high with Sabellian/Baron Sablemane being the only notable one I can think of right now.

I had heard that but (on WoWpedia, anyway) it sounded more like speculation than anything else. I believe the original source for that was an article on WoW Insider - "Wrathion isn't omniscient, we can assume that the Dragons on Outland could have survived" or something like that?

It is a good point though, even if it were just speculation (correct me if I am wrong). I'll amend it.

Now I looked through the whole thread and found this and couldnt help myself. Razz

There was a blue post on MMOChampion a while back, I will try to find it agian.

The Blue Post Stated that Wrathion certainly didnt kill all black dragons on Azeroth, but the -thinks- he did, it did also talk about the Outland black dragons.

I will try to find the Blue post soon!

Oh, it was a Blue Post? Fair enough then. Thanks very much for that, I was not aware. Smile
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneyfix Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Hello! Sorry for the wait time, couldnt find the post at first, but here it is! Very Happy

Q: Wrathion constantly claims that he is the last black dragon, but what of Sabellian and the other black dragons in Outland (and even the Netherwing)? Did Wrathion somehow have them killed, or is he ignorant of their existence?

A: Wrathion states, “To my knowledge, I am the only black dragon who remains.” Thankfully, Wrathion is not omniscient, and he is simply ignorant of the dragons beyond the Dark Portal. Both the black dragons under his elder half-brother Sabellian and the Netherwing flight remain in Outland. There is also the possibility that some black dragons on Azeroth have managed to evade Wrathion’s detection as well.

For the whole post click the link. Smile

http://blue-us.mmozone.de/story-forum/t6489940501-ask-creative-development-round-iii-answers.html

And sorry this might be a little of from the intentional use of the thread. Wink
Moneyfix
Moneyfix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by LomenĂ¡r Nightsinger Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 pm

This is a very nice guide, but something about the definition of hippogryphs bugged me a little.

Skaraa wrote:
Racial Mounts (Including Gryphon, Hippogryph and Wyvern) – Anyone could have one of these mounts. You literally just need to go and buy it. They are easy access and are bred in large numbers for the sole purpose of being mounts.
Note: Hippogryphs and Wyverns are noted as being sentient creatures; that is that they possess an intellect roughly equal to that of a Human. Wyverns can speak Orcish and Taurache, Hippogryphs can speak Darnassian and normally understand Common.

From what I understand, having read through the lore, the hippogryphs are highly intelligent creatures and they are not bred and tamed to become pets or mounts. The hippogryphs are free creatures who chooses to serve the kaldorei as companions. They help guard the night elven common nurseries or night elven communities as well as serve as mounts. In turn, the kaldorei Sentinels help keep watch over the hippogryph nests and their eggs.

From WoWWiki: Contrary to common belief, hippogryphs are not simply domesticated beasts that serve as night elf mounts. They are no less intelligent than most humanoid races, in fact - though they are wary of non-elf races, as kobolds and humans have both attempted to enslave hippogryphs in the past. Most hippogryphs dwell in Ashenvale and other forested regions commonly inhabited by night elves, and have been the staunch partners of the Kaldorei from time immemorial. Indeed, some legends say that hippogryphs may have originally been created by the night elves, or that they were gifts from Cenarius. While kind and generous to their night elf companions, hippogryphs are ferocious and fearsome beasts when fighting any creature they deem hostile.

Night elf Sentinels watch over nests of hippogryph eggs. Likewise, hippogryphs care for the children of the night elves. Though most prefer to stay and protect communities, young hippogryphs taken with the urge to explore and see the forest beyond their nests often serve as willing mounts for night elf windwarriors.

Hippogryphs speak Darnassian, but are capable of learning Common and other languages.

In short you will not be able to buy a hippogryph ICly... the hippogryph would choose you as its companion, not the other way around. And a non-elf character would have to have a good story/reason as to why he/she has aquired one as a companion, seeing as they are wary of non-elves.

Just my two cents.
LomenĂ¡r Nightsinger
LomenĂ¡r Nightsinger

Character sheet
Name: LomenĂ¡r Nightsinger
Title: Commander of the Blackmoon Sentinels

http://www.ceciliamezzo.se

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:46 pm

LomenĂ¡r wrote:This is a very nice guide, but something about the definition of hippogryphs bugged me a little.

Skaraa wrote:
Racial Mounts (Including Gryphon, Hippogryph and Wyvern) – Anyone could have one of these mounts. You literally just need to go and buy it. They are easy access and are bred in large numbers for the sole purpose of being mounts.
Note: Hippogryphs and Wyverns are noted as being sentient creatures; that is that they possess an intellect roughly equal to that of a Human. Wyverns can speak Orcish and Taurache, Hippogryphs can speak Darnassian and normally understand Common.

From what I understand, having read through the lore, the hippogryphs are highly intelligent creatures and they are not bred and tamed to become pets or mounts. The hippogryphs are free creatures who chooses to serve the kaldorei as companions. They help guard the night elven common nurseries or night elven communities as well as serve as mounts. In turn, the kaldorei Sentinels help keep watch over the hippogryph nests and their eggs.

From WoWWiki: Contrary to common belief, hippogryphs are not simply domesticated beasts that serve as night elf mounts. They are no less intelligent than most humanoid races, in fact - though they are wary of non-elf races, as kobolds and humans have both attempted to enslave hippogryphs in the past. Most hippogryphs dwell in Ashenvale and other forested regions commonly inhabited by night elves, and have been the staunch partners of the Kaldorei from time immemorial. Indeed, some legends say that hippogryphs may have originally been created by the night elves, or that they were gifts from Cenarius. While kind and generous to their night elf companions, hippogryphs are ferocious and fearsome beasts when fighting any creature they deem hostile.

Night elf Sentinels watch over nests of hippogryph eggs. Likewise, hippogryphs care for the children of the night elves. Though most prefer to stay and protect communities, young hippogryphs taken with the urge to explore and see the forest beyond their nests often serve as willing mounts for night elf windwarriors.

Hippogryphs speak Darnassian, but are capable of learning Common and other languages.

In short you will not be able to buy a hippogryph ICly... the hippogryph would choose you as its companion, not the other way around. And a non-elf character would have to have a good story/reason as to why he/she has aquired one as a companion, seeing as they are wary of non-elves.

Just my two cents.

You make a very good point. I, honestly, was trying to condense the guide by throwing Gryphons, Hippogryphs, and Wyverns in with racial mounts. But you are right, Hippogryphs (Perhaps Wyverns also) need their own category. I will amend that, thank you for the point.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by LomenĂ¡r Nightsinger Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Skaraa wrote:You make a very good point. I, honestly, was trying to condense the guide by throwing Gryphons, Hippogryphs, and Wyverns in with racial mounts. But you are right, Hippogryphs (Perhaps Wyverns also) need their own category. I will amend that, thank you for the point.

I can understand why you would want to bunch them together, seeing as your guide is quite extensive. ^^ But beeing a kaldorei RPer myself I can't help but think that hippogryphs are pretty special after all, and not your average run of the mill mount (say, like horses). I am glad I could be of service. ^^
LomenĂ¡r Nightsinger
LomenĂ¡r Nightsinger

Character sheet
Name: LomenĂ¡r Nightsinger
Title: Commander of the Blackmoon Sentinels

http://www.ceciliamezzo.se

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:02 pm

I like turtles.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:I like turtles.

Mounts in RP Discussion Thread - Page 2 Speedy04
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneyfix Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Moneyfix
Moneyfix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mozrogg Doomhowl Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:34 am

Not sure if this belongs here but, how long would it take for a worg pup to become strong/large enough and well-trained enough to be mounted by an orc and used as a companion?

The way I see it they mature at a similar rate to modern day dogs and wolves, growing rapidly in the first couple years of life and becoming mature at a couple-few years old? However no idea what it is like with worgs?

Also are worgs sentient like the wargs within Tolkien's universe?
Mozrogg Doomhowl
Mozrogg Doomhowl

Character sheet
Name: Mozrogg Doomhowl
Title: Orc Warrior, grumpy old bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:51 am

I'm contemplating my Blood Mage rising her Corrupt Phoenix Egg into a full blown mount, possibly with the use of rituals and hunting down selective meals for it, bet she found it stumbling around The Twilight Bastion.

Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneyfix Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:40 am

Mozrogg wrote:Not sure if this belongs here but, how long would it take for a worg pup to become strong/large enough and well-trained enough to be mounted by an orc and used as a companion?

The way I see it they mature at a similar rate to modern day dogs and wolves, growing rapidly in the first couple years of life and becoming mature at a couple-few years old? However no idea what it is like with worgs?

Also are worgs sentient like the wargs within Tolkien's universe?

I belive your right in looking at them, the same way you would look at wolves.

And from what I understand yes they at sentient. But I guess you can play that strong or less, depending on how you have raised it.

For a spesific date, I have to admit I dont know, and cant seem to find.

You most likely alredy have read alot

http://www.wowpedia.org/Worg

And plenty stuff about wolves.

So whenever a Wolf would be considered big enough compared to you. Though from my understanding the also grow older and larger than wolves, so maybe it's like a combination of the lifespan of a wolf and a horse?
Moneyfix
Moneyfix

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2