Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The vent thread

+58
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Rargnasha
Anivitas
Tuomas/Decurius
Sevelle
Allonia_Miral
Cadaemus
Ave/Sariella
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Raene
Cid
Zalissa
Xen-tau
Cathee Norris
Grim
Melnerag
Kittrina
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Sorayah
Emrys
Gogol
Krogon Devilstep
Raelan
Lavian
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Tso/Feloreth
Sohan
Drustai
Coppersocket
Eowale
Raenmar
Kristeas Sunbinder
Khendran
Lini
itsy
Kaleil Sunstrike
Timna
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Darilas
Muzjhath
Thelos
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Vaell
corleth
Feydor
Seranita
Ixirar
Amaryl
Rmuffn
Finnabhair
Dréfurion
Grufftoof
Shaelyssa
Antistia
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lexgrad
Ledgic
62 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The vent thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The vent thread

Post by Lexgrad Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:34 am

Arenfel/Mikhael wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:
Arenfel/Mikhael wrote:
Vangrel Lansire wrote:Arch-mages who RP they think they can do whatever the fuck they want because "magic did it".

"lol magic did it"

epic rp

Pretty sure I'm the target of this, or at least a contributor but hey ho

Similar pet peeves:
Instantaneous healing.
Instantaneous teleportation (unless justified by means such as leaving dinner, food > Warcraft).
Goblin Death Knights.

The only thing that annoy me about magic RP is the huge mana pool of some mai, personally I dont like that you can just create mana, it should be like energy, you can change its form but there is always a finite amount of it, so for uber powerful spells one wizard is not enough and you need to make a magical power supply.

That said the RP police annoy me more, Whatever you think of Arenfel anyway (if it is him) you can not really call him a bad Wizard RPer, he is one of the few really good ones.

Paladins who are not very paladin annoy me more.

It probably was just a general comment, I'm just being a derp.

Mana is a finite resource, as I understand. Drustai would be able to give you a more accurate answer on this however. It comes from the soul and expending it in large quantities weakens your character, opening them up to the entropic forces of the universe; like ageing. It then replenishes, and I "think" acts like meditation cause this to go more quickly.

Of course I think most of this is theory from books like The Last Guardian.

Nod, on Una I used to make complex taps into the lays or have mana crystals as batteries for long term portals/wards and things.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:37 am

Antistia wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:
In fact that could be summed up as just not taking IC as IC as that does annoy me the most and on a more broader context is something that is a blight to RP.

I'm sorry Lex but did you just say that one shouldn't take IC to OOC?

IC-IC means RPing on the merits of what you see IC

IC - OOC is fine really, unless it is taking what happens to your char personally and makes your RP crap, in this regard it will not do that as I will forget about this in an hour.

OOC - IC is not cool as it makes for shit RP.

OOC - OOC is fine too.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:38 am

Antistia wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:
In fact that could be summed up as just not taking IC as IC as that does annoy me the most and on a more broader context is something that is a blight to RP.

That's exactly what RP is. It's not OOC (in most cases, exceptions exist). So why take IC to an OOC level where it does not belong?
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:40 am

Erahn wrote:
Antistia wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:

That's exactly what RP is. It's not OOC (in most cases, exceptions exist). So why take IC to an OOC level where it does not belong?

I do not think this is RP at the moment.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:51 am

Erahn wrote:
Antistia wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:

Simple: lorelols are still IC. I reserve the right to criticize an IC concept if I find it to be lorelollerish and as such I reserve the right to rip someone's character to shreds, so to speak. I also reserve the right to simply provide constructive criticism.

At least I did when I still played. The point is that you can take IC to OOC for legitimate reasons, lorelolling being the prime one, or simply discussing what you find dubious lorewise. That kind of stuff.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:58 am

Lexgrad wrote:
Vangrel Lansire wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:Oh, Explain it to me Eph? What is Ironic about be having issue with IC being taken as ic? Maybe you would like to bring something more than a kkk man on fire to the table?

Come at me bro, I got nothing better to do than bring this all out into the open.

Discussing your "RP" is not worth being banned for.

Why would you be banned for a forthright but polite exchange of ideas? Unless you have nohing but lies, smoke, more memes and a thing for throwing your toys out of your pram when it doesnt go your way? The Truth is Eph, I have tried to RP with you so many times and every one ends in a row or you spitting insults in trade or "trying to pvp with us in blood spec". This time around we have had the same "anti council by any means char" and now your priest joins the party and his first move is to attack my RP ic, well ic being ic that is all cool, I will roll with it, but seriously, can you not find more pressing things for a priest to do? Then again it is just another power play that will end in QQ so meh. I look forward to see how Ironforge supports your Bishop.

Fine, I'll bite.

1) The truth is, your role-play is borderline lolRP and always has been, if you want to get butthurt about me calling you out on it feel free to.

2) The truth is, your cathedral square death knight guild that disbanded after being banished from Stormwind had no IC and OOC mixing(http://www.defiasrp.com/t4911-ic-exile-order-for-the-ebon-shroud?highlight=ebon+shroud).

3) I never organized any PvP with you because both Cult of Shadow + Blackblood Clad had you blacklisted, we had
one event with you where Daeyna translated us and you bested four Forsaken with your 'RP', I ganked you and left, never to organize anything with you again.

4) My priest does not like Undead, neither does Jeremias and neither did half the people who went to your sermon, you ought to accuse all of them for IC/OOC too unless, ah yes, unless we refer to point number 1.

5) My priest, with the limited time I have is organizing the Community of Light, so sorry bub, try again, hating DK's and Undead isn't a crime.

5.5) There is totally no discontent for the Stormwind Council or the Stormwind government/crown ICly among it's citizenry, Westfall is totally not economically collapsing with famine and homelessness being widespread issues, of course not. How dare I roll my first character that goes against the Council ICly, how dare I sir!

6) Ironic of you to tell me I am power-playing when you sit on the Stormwind Council and pretend you're an active member by showing up once a week and hosting one event, good job!

7) The decision to stop Undead preaching was based on a unanimous IC vote but "ok", power-playing.

Cool Are you still annoyed that the Senate banned the Ebon Shroud from Khaz Modan or what, or perhaps you are accusing me of something else, I don't know, calling upon OOC friends to help me? Well then allow me to clarify.

Before standing against the Council, Torradan had contacted the Senate and convinced them of supporting his cause against the Council, Gilran, Cyrik, Tjib & Thomsin can confirm that there were extensive IC discussions pre-plotting as to how to go about undermining the Council. The Senate walk-out was pretty much pre-planned ICly. As for Ironforge supporting my Bishop, empty claims.

Finally, if I was the way I was back then, I would have slapped you on ignore and encouraged others to do the same.

Now shoo back to AD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:01 pm

The thing is Anti that I cant really for sure comment on other RPers in an ooc context, only the player behind them knows of the inner mind of that toon. A lore lol is fine if it is like some one RPing a Star-trek away team or something but if it is all works in lore then whether it is likely or not is moot, whether it fits to the RP of the char has more credit but unless you watch 100% of that chars RP how can you make that judgement. The answer is that when you judge anothers RP you can not ever be sure.

Broadly speaking I would love for this to be a learning expirience as then I would not have to put up with people who know less than me about DKs and have seen 5% of my RP, heard 10% of the shit spat on these forums and who have no idea of what a complex psychology of a toon is, questioning me endlessly.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:08 pm

While I realize this is a vent thread, its purpose is not for people to vent on each others. So I'm asking you two to take it in private. Directing you to the forum rule:

2. Not everyone gets along and the staff of DefiasRP do not expect that to change. However, what we would ask of each member of the community is that any personal disputes are resolved via the PM system.

What you can expect from a moderator: If a string of posts appear where two or more members begin arguing for reasons unrelated to the thread subject, or it is perfectly obvious that there are issues between these people, a moderator will step in. Initially this will be a post asking the people involved to disperse the argument and take their issues into private to resolve them. If this persists, a moderator may choose to clean up the thread and message each individual involved to inform them of the clean up.

Warnings will be given if people continue to argue in public after having been directed to take it into whispers/PM.

Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Things suddenly disappearing when you put time and effort into it. Argh!
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Alright, so I suppose the vent thread does require some sort of, lax, but realistic rules.

Possibly that complaining about other people is a no-go, since eh, I do believe everybody is entitled to the right of response?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:20 pm

The vent thread has the same rules as the entire of the forum. Just because one person not part of the moderation team made a thread does not mean it has its own rules. Its here to vent out things, as said; not vent on each others. That you'll have to take in PM.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Edit: If there are posts you feel are personally attacking you then do contact a moderator instead to ask it to be removed and then respond to it in PM. Makes our job a lot easier too.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:25 pm

I spent ages on that QQ

Bad mods
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:27 pm

Please take a moment and go read the forum rules here:

http://www.defiasrp.com/t5867-forum-warning-system-guidelines

If you have any further issues then feel free to PM myself of any other mod. The rules are there to keep the forum as drama-free as possible. Please do respect that.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Antistia wrote:
Erahn wrote:
Antistia wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:

Simple: lorelols are still IC. I reserve the right to criticize an IC concept if I find it to be lorelollerish and as such I reserve the right to rip someone's character to shreds, so to speak. I also reserve the right to simply provide constructive criticism.

At least I did when I still played. The point is that you can take IC to OOC for legitimate reasons, lorelolling being the prime one, or simply discussing what you find dubious lorewise. That kind of stuff.

And that I fully understand, Anti.

I'm more so refering to if say Sophyra made a plot to torture and assassinate Kozgugore's children, he shouldn't take that as an OOC spite towards him.
^ A mere example, won't probably happen. Point is, these things happen, and that's the most common situation where the term "Don't take IC as OOC" comes in.

P.S Julia, merely discussing with Anti, not venting at him. Smile
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:36 pm

did I miss deleted posts while having lunch?

damn..

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Erahn wrote:
Antistia wrote:
Erahn wrote:
Antistia wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:

I'm more so refering to if say Sophyra made a plot to torture and assassinate Kozgugore's children, he shouldn't take that as an OOC spite towards him.
^ A mere example, won't probably happen. Point is, these things happen, and that's the most common situation where the term "Don't take IC as OOC" comes in.

I think we agree on the following:

You shouldn't take IC actions to be directed at, or motivated by, your person in an OOC manner, yet it is perfectly fine to take that which is, at the very least, dubious from a lore perspective to OOC for (constructive) criticism and discussion etc.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Erahn wrote:P.S Julia, merely discussing with Anti, not venting at him. Smile

That is fine. I did suggest to Anti though, to make a post specifically for this discussion. Something I'll suggest here openly. I would personally enjoy such a post/thread not baked into a unrelated (well, somewhat anyhow) thread.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Undeath does not prevent you from being a Paladin. Undeath does not prevent you from being noble and heroic. Being a Death Knight doesn't stop you from being, essentially, a Paladin.

Go Lexadin!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Antistia wrote:
Erahn wrote:
Antistia wrote:
Erahn wrote:
Antistia wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:

You shouldn't take IC actions to be directed at, or motivated by, your person in an OOC manner, yet it is perfectly fine to take that which is, at the very least, dubious from a lore perspective to OOC for (constructive) criticism and discussion etc.

That we do! Although your earlier wording of "tearing his character to shreds" or somesuch was a bit past what I agree on. But yes criticism I'm all for.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Erahn wrote:
Antistia wrote:
Erahn wrote:
Antistia wrote:
Erahn wrote:
Antistia wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:

That we do! Although your earlier wording of "tearing his character to shreds" or somesuch was a bit past what I agree on. But yes criticism I'm all for.

Haha, alright. Well, by that I mean the concept. If this character is based on a certain concept which is core to it, I'd tear that concept, and therefore the character, to shreds (I think I've done so in the past on this very forum!). That doesn't mean I'm vindictive about it or do it to hurt someone, I do it because I believe Blizzard has given RPers a framework in which to RP and one shouldn't abandon the framework. Anything outside that stands to be criticized (to the point that it is torn to shreds).

It may have been poorly worded, that much I can agree with.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:29 pm

When can we finally get rid of old people shouting stupid crap after stupid crap, living in ivory towers?

seriously,

Fuck benedict with a 3 foot rake.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Fuck, that moment when you see you missed alot of drama but are also too lazy to go look back at it all to read it.

Fufufufuu.

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:17 pm

spent a good hour studying the first four weeks of gestation

i now want to destroy all new born embryos gaaaah
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:22 pm

My aunt passed away to cancer this night.

She had been fighting stomach cancer for over three years and had already out-lived the doctors expectations.

My cousins and uncle must have it so hard right now. My youngest cousin is 13 and she just lost her mother. I can't even begin to imagine how much pain she must be going through or how terrible she must be feeling.

I guess 2012 did happen for my entire family, especially my uncle and cousins. A large piece of their world got ripped away.

Rest in peace, Susanne. You will be missed.
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next