Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help for Help- looking for... Thread

+16
Rmuffn
Muzjhath
Amaryl
Kristeas Sunbinder
Sabien
Antistia
Nithel
Ledgic
Ave/Sariella
Psykhe
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Larnira
Ixirar
Craitos
Rasonal Dranger
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Help for Help- looking for... Thread Empty Help for Help- looking for... Thread

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Last edited by Rasonal Dranger on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Help for Help- looking for... Thread Empty Re: Help for Help- looking for... Thread

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Last edited by Rasonal Dranger on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Help for Help- looking for... Thread Empty Re: Help for Help- looking for... Thread

Post by Rasonal Dranger Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:06 pm

Last edited by Rasonal Dranger on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Craitos Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:01 pm

AAAAHA Very Happy Here is your man! Fluent german as I am born and raised in german y :3

Craitos

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Last edited by Rasonal Dranger on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:22 pm

In a community like this it sucks that my ace subject in school is english..

I'm pretty good with social studies and physics (I get Bs) though.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Larnira Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:32 pm

I can ask my friend who's german to translate if you wish! Razz
Larnira
Larnira

Character sheet
Name: Larnira Darkmist
Title: Cadet in the Blades for Hire

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:01 am

So.. This might be the wrong topic, but it seemed sort of fitting!

I'm in desperate need of help with a spider-problem. I live in a fairly old house (Built in 1914) and I have a -severe- spider infestation.

I know they're harmless, but when the bastards show up in these kind of numbers (I've whacked 6 just tonight!) and when they're almost as big as my fist, I really get freaked out about it. My Arachnophobia doesn't really help either...

It's at a point where I'm pondering to find another place to live, as I can't sleep at night in fear of this 8legged menace.

So if anyone has any tips and tricks to get rid of the bastards, Id be eternally grateful. I'm no scholar or anything, so most of my knowledge is fairly useless, I'm afraid, but good tips would certainly get a star in my book!!
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:11 am

Shandrea/Nar'Gaya wrote:So.. This might be the wrong topic, but it seemed sort of fitting!

I'm in desperate need of help with a spider-problem. I live in a fairly old house (Built in 1914) and I have a -severe- spider infestation.

I know they're harmless, but when the bastards show up in these kind of numbers (I've whacked 6 just tonight!) and when they're almost as big as my fist, I really get freaked out about it. My Arachnophobia doesn't really help either...

It's at a point where I'm pondering to find another place to live, as I can't sleep at night in fear of this 8legged menace.

So if anyone has any tips and tricks to get rid of the bastards, Id be eternally grateful. I'm no scholar or anything, so most of my knowledge is fairly useless, I'm afraid, but good tips would certainly get a star in my book!!

Ye Olde Bennedict's guide to conquest over Spiders

1. Can of Aerosol. (Perfume or other highly flammable product look for this brand on the back.)
Spoiler:

2. Zippo lighter, or equally effective fire source. (preferably something that stays alight automatically)
Spoiler:

3. Burn them bitches down like there's no tomorrow!
Spoiler:

4. Alternatively use chemical warfare, which involves large quantities of weapons such as Cillit Bang, or other highly toxic fluids.
Spoiler:

There you have it Smile
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:21 am

Thank you, Bennedict. <3

I've already emptied a can of hairspray, and that method is indeed efficient! However, I'd love to get to the root of the problem, and hopefully get them -away- without having to see them all the time. :<

A good tip, though! And one I'll definitely use until I find a lasting solution. Very Happy
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Psykhe Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:56 am

Move^^ On a second thought hun.. If you had asked sooner I would have been able to help you there is a bottle you can by on any paint store etc hardware so forth.. called 1880 something silly like thatm usually find close to the counter in the summer. It is to be sprayed outside around windows, doors.

How it works:

Around windows as an example:
Window is open. Vasp or spider comes flying/walking.. Smells the scent of it.. Knows its deadly, turns and leaves. . When sprayed around a window its scent spreads making a "shield" they do not pass..

Last edited by Psykhe on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Psykhe
Psykhe

Back to top Go down

Post by Psykhe Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:58 am

It doesnt get rid of all the spiders.. For me that is.. I do it a few times during summer not after every rain.. as one should... or too hot days..

But it does really help.
Psykhe
Psykhe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:38 pm

Shandrea/Nar'Gaya wrote:So.. This might be the wrong topic, but it seemed sort of fitting!

The vacuum cleaner is your friend, basicly go OCD mode and vacuum the entire house, all the corners and such, everywhere! and if you've got some cracks somewhere, try to seal them. And try to keep other insects out.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Ave wrote:

The vacuum cleaner is your friend, basicly go OCD mode and vacuum the entire house, all the corners and such, everywhere! and if you've got some cracks somewhere, try to seal them. And try to keep other insects out.

I cannot imagine you with a vacuum for the life of me.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Shandrea/Nar'Gaya wrote:Thank you, Bennedict. <3

I've already emptied a can of hairspray, and that method is indeed efficient! However, I'd love to get to the root of the problem, and hopefully get them -away- without having to see them all the time. :<

A good tip, though! And one I'll definitely use until I find a lasting solution. Very Happy
From what I once got told, spiders in your house means you have a very healthy house!

Only tips I can really give is, clean the house a lot. Especially those places they love to hang out in. Under beds, in heating systems, etc. There's also natural deterrents but I've never tried those myself. I think eucalyptus and citrus is a scent they hate.

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks a lot, everone!!

I've definitely got a few options to try out now, before going to the drastic step of moving out. Seeing as I've only lived here for a month now, it would be a real shame to leave the place. xD

Many many thanks and lots of love for everyone! <3
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:30 pm

There wouldn't be anybody around here who's capable of speaking (West) Armenian, now would there?
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Spiders don't like chestnut oil, you can buy sprays of it but i think its pricey. Alternatively you can put a conker in each corner and it works.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Antistia wrote:There wouldn't be anybody around here who's capable of speaking (West) Armenian, now would there?
You can't just leave us hanging like that, why?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Antistia wrote:There wouldn't be anybody around here who's capable of speaking (West) Armenian, now would there?

sorry I only speak east Uzbekistan

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:00 am

I may have a 'friend' (never truly befriend with Russians or anything alike to Russians) who is able to speak Armenian, I can try to contact him- what for though?

As in, what do you need him to do?
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:29 am

Well, I need to have one particular word translated. I'm 99% sure that it's Armenian or an Armenian dialect (probably west Armenian). I'm also pretty sure that A) it's being spelled using an alternative spelling using our alfabet or B) it's being spelled phonetically. The word in question being "prenuliks". Assuming, of course, that the place I read it employed a correct spelling. And no, google is no help at all. It is being a little bitch about it.

Also, wouldn't happen to be our mutual friend from Russia, now would it Ras?
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:00 pm

No, it's worse, it's a Jew. Can you give me the context of the word? What was the subject it was used at?
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Whats that supposed to mean? no its worse it's a jew?
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Rasonal Dranger wrote:No, it's worse, it's a Jew. Can you give me the context of the word? What was the subject it was used at?

My god! I'll throw in some further clarification via Skype.

Chey/Sabien wrote:Whats that supposed to mean? no its worse it's a jew?

It's our local Israeli Jew being ironic/funny/offensive. Whichever you prefer.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next