Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community interest - maritime/sailor RP

+9
Thelos
Demurral
Yarnaat
Sohan
Drustai
Ledgic
Amaryl
Lexgrad
Krogon Devilstep
13 posters

Go down

Community interest - maritime/sailor RP Empty Community interest - maritime/sailor RP

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:27 pm

Says what it is, I'm interested in knowing what (if any) interest the community has in naval style RP. My new character I will be rp'ing when I get back from the olympics will be a naval officer with a permanent hangover, dislike of dry land and a pet monkey. So if there's anyone out there interested in sea voyages, rum drinking and pirate chasing... Tell me here! Or add anything else you may want to know/sat on the matter.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Community interest - maritime/sailor RP Empty Re: Community interest - maritime/sailor RP

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:28 pm

Might be some proudmoore guys still about Smile
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Community interest - maritime/sailor RP Empty Re: Community interest - maritime/sailor RP

Post by Amaryl Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:01 pm

naval guilds for some reason don't tend to stick... which is a damned shame.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:17 pm

I've always thought it could be an interesting area of RP for people, but one I can't personally take part in.

Despite having RP'd here for years, I'm still unable to maintain any sense of "magic" when it comes to sailing, because y'know... you're never actually sailing. I'm sure there are people that overcome that easily, but, I just can't get past it :p
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:25 pm

If you get some rolling, I might be tempted to start grinding up my naval character again.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:I've always thought it could be an interesting area of RP for people, but one I can't personally take part in.

Despite having RP'd here for years, I'm still unable to maintain any sense of "magic" when it comes to sailing, because y'know... you're never actually sailing. I'm sure there are people that overcome that easily, but, I just can't get past it :p

Seen the alliance ships in vash'jir? Wink one of many locations I've found.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Seiken Lionmane wrote:
Ledgic Caan wrote:I've always thought it could be an interesting area of RP for people, but one I can't personally take part in.

Seen the alliance ships in vash'jir? Wink one of many locations I've found.

The ships in Vashj'ir are perfect for sailing events. RP'd on them before and it worked like a charm. There are even some hordeships nearby for PvP-events.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Sailing RP is amazing, we used to yell stuff and do rw and all sorts, we had watchers and gunmen, setting sails the lot. Its amazing.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Lex hit the nail on the head.

The sort of stuff I'd be interested in doing is exploration, defying goods/troops/people, pvp if plausible, diplomacy, runs ashore (pub crawls), crazy adventures and more. And all that as part of the alliance navy, not one race in paticular, thus making our RP accessible to all.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Seiken Lionmane wrote:And all that as part of the alliance navy, not one race in paticular, thus making our RP accessible to all.

I foresee many female Night Elves and Draenei in the swashbuckler set.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Yarnaat wrote:
Seiken Lionmane wrote:And all that as part of the alliance navy, not one race in paticular, thus making our RP accessible to all.

I foresee many female Night Elves and Draenei in the swashbuckler set.

I'd be more worried about me using my naval experience to ferociously attack you all with relentless jack speak and mariner terms.

As for Draenei and meld swashbucklers... Deck swabs. That is all.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:29 pm

Im highly interested, when I have the time to do it.
I have a Night Elf (Male, sorry, chaps.) who I was planning on using as a sailor character. With his rather eccentric interest in engineering and mechanical items as a means of living, I could see him becoming a bit of a recluse from Darnassus society, and thus, hopping on a ship.

I'm willing to use him as a navigator, I mean, with those elven eyes of his, he could see ALL the hobbits going to Isengard. *cough*. also, reefs and currents.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Domovoi wrote:Im highly interested, when I have the time to do it.
I have a Night Elf (Male, sorry, chaps.) who I was planning on using as a sailor character. With his rather eccentric interest in engineering and mechanical items as a means of living, I could see him becoming a bit of a recluse from Darnassus society, and thus, hopping on a ship.

I'm willing to use him as a navigator, I mean, with those elven eyes of his, he could see ALL the hobbits going to Isengard. *cough*. also, reefs and currents.

Ideal.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Thelos likes boats, and sailing.

If this gets off the ground, I'd definately want to take traveling between Stormwind and the Exodar to the next level by partaking in sailing events!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkil Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:57 pm

I was Rping Felix for a while, as Vice-Admiral and leader of the Stormwind Admiralty but the work in recruiting GOOD recruits was left to me and I didn't really have time to run the guild as well as RP all my other characters, so It kinda fell apart.

There are some amazing places to RP for Naval guilds. There's the Vashj'ir ships, the entire Northern Fleet off the South Eastern coast of Howling Fjord (Seven ships I think), the fleet in Gilneas and the icebreakers just outside ratchet, south of Durotar. (To name a few I've used). But unfortunately when you're in port, be it Stormwind or Theramore, there's not really enough going on to keep interest up, unless you're having a recruitment drive or war plans for a campaign.

I really really hope you have luck with this. I'd love to see some good from it. If you do, I have a Night Elf character that'd be interested in Vashj'ir who'd like to get in touch with a naval officer. Smile I have quite an extensive knowledge of Naval shenanigans to boot (Licensed Hovercraft Pilot FYI Wink ), so ALWAYS interested.

Good Luck!
Arkil
Arkil

Character sheet
Name: Arkil Stormfeather
Title: Keeper

http://www.alexandashley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Hover craft? Hot, I'm a submariner myself. I'l see what I can drag together. Will be back in 2'ish weeks.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:29 pm

I have an alt that may be interested in this
that is if I get any time on any alts..
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkil Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:07 am

Seiken Lionmane wrote:Hover craft? Hot, I'm a submariner myself. I'l see what I can drag together. Will be back in 2'ish weeks.

Oh wow! Really? In that case my knowledge pales in comparisson. Very Happy

I'm always up for this type of RP. Looking forward to seeing what happens! Smile
Arkil
Arkil

Character sheet
Name: Arkil Stormfeather
Title: Keeper

http://www.alexandashley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:32 am

Arkil wrote:
Seiken Lionmane wrote:Hover craft? Hot, I'm a submariner myself. I'l see what I can drag together. Will be back in 2'ish weeks.

Oh wow! Really? In that case my knowledge pales in comparisson. Very Happy

I'm always up for this type of RP. Looking forward to seeing what happens! Smile

no doubt my forever hung-over officer will need all the help he can get.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:34 pm

Chezz at ye service, captain, admiral, boss person!
Only prob is that Chezz is a pirate. Only way I see him joining is if you guys do privateering and are willing to take on an... uhhmm ...ex.. pirate *nods*
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

Post by dellore Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:13 pm

I play my mage as a freelance navigator and chartmaker, draws on my experience in the Merchant Navy. Enjoys smoking and generally being dashing. I was going to race change him or just abandon him but I could be tempted to play him more regularly if a guild or community existed.
dellore
dellore

Character sheet
Name: Michael "Ash-tooth" Dellore
Title: The Red Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down