Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[community] In response to the griefer community meeting.

+19
Lorainne/Bridlington
Eowale
Ara
Grufftoof
erwtenpeller
Muzjhath
Drustai
Zathoroz
siegmund
Zhakiri
Krogon Devilstep
Ixirar
Jeanpierre
Frostfeather
Thelos
Cid
Seranita
Laindo Dumon
Lexgrad
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[community] In response to the griefer community meeting. Empty [community] In response to the griefer community meeting.

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:06 pm

Hai, Rather than discuss things in a thread that is about /signing on I thought we could do it here and mostly how we can cope with the code suggested ic.

My one thought is that we roll this out as a general recall to Stormwind for training/war purposes pre-Mop. As we can assume that the cata lore is all IC we are now in a place that twilight are being packed up and the military can set eyes on Garrosh! So that could be the general theme, recalling leaders and troops to Stormwind to set up a united Alliance force for the comming storm.

Perhaps if there are any bad guys or guys who want to be bad guys we could set up a simple revolt story in say Westfall, Elwynn or even the Cities of Stormwind/Ironforge. MAybe dress it as a Horde or twilight inspired trouble and have the army in Ally lines have a policing/counter insergancy action. What do you think generally? Could you get into this? It might feel abit artifical but im sure we could get it to work, even get alts to act as the trouble makers and take it inturn raiding and interacting with different guilds.

As we are all going to be South lets have a damned good adventure and include it all, use every house/tower and town from Moonbrook to Kharanos and have one huge party together!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[community] In response to the griefer community meeting. Empty Re: [community] In response to the griefer community meeting.

Post by Laindo Dumon Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Just something to point out, I think a few people were thinking of falling back to IF instead, since most of the northern guilds have some good relations with the dwarves, plus it makes more sense since it is the closest city as well.

Still seems like a good idea to have an IC reason, and I think it would make for some good rp regardless, jsut maybe we'd be a bit more centered around IF instead Razz
Laindo Dumon
Laindo Dumon

Character sheet
Name: Laindo Dumon
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

[community] In response to the griefer community meeting. Empty Re: [community] In response to the griefer community meeting.

Post by Lexgrad Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 pm

I think it is a totally good idea to make use of the places we have open to us. IF/SW/Darnassius/that Draenei night club with the shinning shandaler.

We dont need to think in terms of IF//SW RP but IF and SW RP. Very Happy They are but one train track apart and there is no reason both can not grow together during this time.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:41 pm

Laindo Dumon wrote:Just something to point out, I think a few people were thinking of falling back to IF instead, since most of the northern guilds have some good relations with the dwarves, plus it makes more sense since it is the closest city as well.

Still seems like a good idea to have an IC reason, and I think it would make for some good rp regardless, jsut maybe we'd be a bit more centered around IF instead Razz

dwarfs hate the warderns and would see us dead beffor accepting us into there bastion *sniffs* but on another note... if the warderns were accepted as the "undead" force alliance and negosiators of any majour sw training force for the horde then send an ic letter to:

Ambassador Shentin Willow
Warderns of the Blade
Ebon hold
Eastern pluagelands
Eastern Kindoms
Azeroth

same adress for anything else to do with the warderns
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:11 am

Nah, we only hate if you break our laws (legal ones, natural ones and the laws of physics). Otherwise you're welcome Wink
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:11 am

Have to say, this initiative looks like it will increase the rp on Alliance side with all the rp guilds drawn to common locations for this nicely thought out valid reason. Deprive the griefers and increase the rp, nice one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:22 am

Speaking on behalf of myself, I must say that I would rather stay in Shattrath with the Draenei community, rather than to move to Stormwind without a good reason. We've got a good thing going on here, and our isolation from the Stormwind community has managed us to become, I feel, more Draenic.

I feel this point extends to more than just Shattrath. After all, besides Shattrath, we have Dalaran, Ironforge with Khaz Modan, Darnassus with Teldrassil, and the Exodar with Azuremyst isle. There is no need to restrict ourselves to any one tight location.

The gates of Shattrath are wide open though. After all, it is supposed to offer shelter to refugees.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:10 am

The more I think about this the more it annoys me though. Not the solution but the problem.

It is so very logical that these situations will occur and continue to occur on rp-pvp realms. The bastard child of the beautiful RP and entertaining PVP. The RP-PVP realms are the only realms with a rule set and mechanics that can allow anti-communities to establish and flourish. You can't disrupt a raid from outside the raid, you can't destroy a RBG from the outside, there are rules against disrupting RP. And there are no opportunities to gank extensively on any other type of realm (because or rules and/or the lack of players outside capitols) but on RP-PVP realms there is a loophole - "it is not disrupting RP, it is pvp".

It is only logical that those that get a kick out of griefing flocks to rp-pvp realms. They are young, they are angry and they don't fit in. They are not patient enough to be raiders, not dedicated enough to make it in pvp and not imaginative enough to RP. A RP-PVP realm is like the forgotten house on the outskirts of town where they can trash the windows and spray dirty words on the walls. Exiting enough since you are not supposed to but still safe since nobody cares.

Annoying!

Where do I send my angry email?
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet
Name: Khalida Frostfeather
Title: Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:30 am

Frostfeather wrote:

Blizzard.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:01 am

As a side note... No more banishings of "bad guys" if you endorse this ganker policy. You can't ask all people to come in blue zones and then send them out ICly Razz
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:06 am

On a side note to your side note, bad guys behave when in SW or they should be booted out. Westfall is supposedly the shithole of the Stormwind Kingdom so bad guys can go there if they can't behave.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:06 am

Frostfeather wrote:The more I think about this the more it annoys me though. Not the solution but the problem.

It is so very logical that these situations will occur and continue to occur on rp-pvp realms. The bastard child of the beautiful RP and entertaining PVP. The RP-PVP realms are the only realms with a rule set and mechanics that can allow anti-communities to establish and flourish. You can't disrupt a raid from outside the raid, you can't destroy a RBG from the outside, there are rules against disrupting RP. And there are no opportunities to gank extensively on any other type of realm (because or rules and/or the lack of players outside capitols) but on RP-PVP realms there is a loophole - "it is not disrupting RP, it is pvp".

It is only logical that those that get a kick out of griefing flocks to rp-pvp realms. They are young, they are angry and they don't fit in. They are not patient enough to be raiders, not dedicated enough to make it in pvp and not imaginative enough to RP. A RP-PVP realm is like the forgotten house on the outskirts of town where they can trash the windows and spray dirty words on the walls. Exiting enough since you are not supposed to but still safe since nobody cares.

Annoying!

Something i have been thinking on quite extensively these last few days. Perhaps, we may have to adapt to this in turn... For too long The Alliance has been comfortable RP'ing in contested zones like they own them. In my opinion it has to stop, or this will just happen all over again...
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:20 am

I suppose with MoP coming up, which supposedly is bringing the War back in Warcraft, we can embrace the danger as Lore and turn the grief that is meant to harm our RP into the very thing that fuels it.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:25 am

Nygarth wrote:I suppose with MoP coming up, which supposedly is bringing the War back in Warcraft.

That have been said before every expansion though.
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:31 am

MoP more so is meant to be about Horde/Alliance hostility.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:34 am

They used the exact same phrase: "war back into warcraft" before wrath. It then referred to wintergrasp and that place in Grizzly hills where nobody ever was.

Pretty sure I heard it around Cataclysm launch as well.

I have to see it before I believe it.
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:45 am

Cataclysm was meant to bring the war back into warcraft. Phrased exactly that way by Metzen himself.

There's nothing in MOP that does it any better than what Cataclysm has done so far, aside from the fact that there's no big enemy. So far, I've been through the Jade Forest, the Valley of Four Winds, Kun-lai Summit(briefly)and Townlong Steppes. From an alliance point of view, Jade Forest had some horde confrontation, rest of the zones had NONE AT ALL and Kun-lai Summit had some quest where I had to prove to Xuen that I am capable of putting down my grudges with the horde. Also, Anduin being a bitch and pleading peace and love all over the world.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:59 am

Debri wrote:On a side note to your side note, bad guys behave when in SW or they should be booted out. Westfall is supposedly the shithole of the Stormwind Kingdom so bad guys can go there if they can't behave.

You're just trying o gather us in one place and then drop a nuke. I'm not falling for your trickery we shall terrorize from the safety shadows!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:03 am

Good criminal, have a cookie! Wink
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:48 am

You're missing the point, I'm not debating whether MoP will be any better for PvP than Wrath or Cata. What I am saying is that throughout the storyline, Horde Alliance relations are at an all time low. This is meant to be the expansion when Lorewise it's Horde vs Alliance all the way rather than Horde and Alliance vs Mutual foe.

My point is, if this is the case, the ganking and griefing that is driving us out of contested zones could be a driving force behind this sense of danger in the world, a growing hostility. My main point is that instead of ruining our RP with their actions, how infuriated would they be, if infact, they enhanced it.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:49 am

MY point is that so far I'm level 89 and I've been fighting "mutual foes" alongside "mutual allies" 90% of the time up to this point.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:52 am

Well we shall see, all I am postulating is what I have been led to believe. Regardless I think it is important to use what is going on as an RP aid rather than let the gankers ruin everything.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zathoroz Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:41 pm

You're just trying o gather us in one place and then drop a nuke. I'm not falling for your trickery we shall terrorize from the safety shadows!

Well said, come to the garrison, we disciples have not fallen for their tricks either!
Zathoroz
Zathoroz

Character sheet
Name: Zathoroz
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Frostfeather, perhaps you and me could work out a suggestion I've been pondering on, since you also have noted the loophole in the "realm rules". Give a shout to me sometime, either here or ingame (preferably ingame) if you're curious.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:37 am

Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next