Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] Horde Arcane Conclave - is there interest?

+13
Sonitus
erwtenpeller
Braiden
Xen-tau
Skarain
Drustai
Lexgrad
Morgeth
Gesh
Magaskawee/Anaei
Kristeas Sunbinder
Morinth
Sadok
17 posters

Go down

[H] Horde Arcane Conclave - is there interest? Empty [H] Horde Arcane Conclave - is there interest?

Post by Sadok Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:19 pm

[H] Horde Arcane Conclave - is there interest? Hordemage3

Though not as numerous as on Alliance, the Horde have a fair few magi RPers. Nonetheless, they're generally scattered amongst various guilds and don't have many opportunities to meet with one another.

I've been considering holding a Horde mage meet-up for some time, ideally around once one a month. I've considered the tentative title of Horde Arcane Conclave (primarily because 'Arcane Conclave at the Arcane Enclave' sounds too good to resist). Nonetheless, the over-arching goal of these events would be to allow a diverse range of magi from different guilds to meet, collaborate and keep in contact with one another.

However, before this idea comes out of the brainstorm process and into actuality, I'd like to gauge interest amongst the community and get feedback on a few questions I have in regards to said events.

Questions that I'd appreciate your feedback on:
1- Is there demand?: Do you have a Horde mage that might be interested in a monthly gathering to pool research, exchange tomes and reagents, and debate the finer points of the arcane?
2- Location: The three largest arcane hubs exclusive to the Horde are the Arcane Enclave of Orgrimmar, the Undercity's Magic Quarter and Sunfury Spire Library, Silvermoon. In my initial conception of the event, I'd supposed we might rotate between these three centres similar to the Horde Gathering. Is there anyone that has a better idea, or indeed other places we might use? At least initially, I'm hesitant to use Dalaran because I want to see how it works with just Horde magi before branching out.
3- The Warlock Question: It is true that warlocks are more accepted in Horde cultures, and are indeed arcanists of a sort. They have similarities with their mage friends, but also distinct differences. Would such meetings be enriched by including warlocks, or would they fall prey to bickering and conflict?

Any other feedback or ideas on this matter would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

[H] Horde Arcane Conclave - is there interest? Empty Re: [H] Horde Arcane Conclave - is there interest?

Post by Morinth Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:49 pm

I'd love to come to one of these... My pyromaniac Lady Lyliath is crazy, but the scholarly sort.

I always thought Warlocks were... well, less frowned upon. There's demons running around SMC all the time! We're made of tougher stuff than the Alliance, obviously.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

[H] Horde Arcane Conclave - is there interest? Empty Re: [H] Horde Arcane Conclave - is there interest?

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Kris would show up Very Happy

And I don't think there'd be much Mage/Warlock conflict from the Belf side.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Basically, I fully and utterly with all my heart support this! Having just changed my mage over to the Horde and having once hosted the Alliance Arcane Conclave I am itchy for mage rp! it's wonderful to get everyone together to debate.

As for the Mage/Warlock issue, as far as I am aware Thrall during his reign tolerated them, because at the end of the day they are a weapon. Sylvanas doesn't care, she had a demon as her right hand man, the elves never fought the legion in living memory and don't care.. The Trolls.. Don't care. If anyone cares, its the Tauren. And they dont -have- magic users. So roll on the Warlock/Mage Conclave.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Demand? Not sure about that, but I definitely think a fair few Horde Roleplayers will be interested, I do have a undead mage knocking around and have considered rolling a warlock, given the destruction changes.

A rotation of areas would be best, perhaps minor groups, such as an Orcish/Troll circle, a Forsaken circle, and a Blood elf? Conflict is what The horde does best and we could always play upon that with meetings, perhaps even given areas for Warlocks and one for Mages.

Conflict between mages and warlocks IC should be considered a good thing, I mean it's to be expected and we could play lots of plots off of it!

From a lore point of view Warlocks are simply a different kind of mage within Forsaken and Sin'dorei society, not sure about Orcish and Troll however.

Anywho, it's a thumbs up from me! and a best of luck!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:39 pm

I'd love to be a part of this on my warlock. I think it could generate some sweet RP, and it'd be fun to see the mix of personalities there.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:55 pm

I think the Hordes approach "generally" is more an individual thing regarding Locks. Orcs might use then, but a Thrally or even Garroshy Orc might View this with displeasure regarding their past. Regardless of anything else Orcs did suffer for their meddling with fel. Belfs I would like to think would view Locks as we would Alcohol. Provided no one gets hurt and you dont visibly break down all is gravy.

The main point is Hoirde are prob less polorised than the alliance which is generally Fel is bad.

Even so, I dont think there is a strong cultist scene green side, not sure tho. Shatterskulls might be different but im sure ORB are not pro Lock and more into the Spirits/shammys.

Good Luck even so, ((hope the KT kick your asses XD))
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Good luck with this, Sadok! I'm sure there should be plenty of interest... the key thing is for the moderator to be active and keep the events rolling, the demand is usually there.

Alliance mages need to work on getting our version restarted, too... <.< They were quite fun when we had them.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 am

This have been up for ~7 hours, and i have not noticed it until now? Shocked
I am clearly getting old...

Can't say other than wish good luck, curse that this isn't Alliance side, kick some butts on the Alliance or set the Alliance Conclave up myself... it will most likely end up to the latest but damn.. Its magical Rp: it is worth it Very Happy
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:42 am

If Locks are allowed in, then I'm part of it as well! =3
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:45 am

This is some good shit, if I was green I would have done it.

Skarain wrote:Can't say other than wish good luck, curse that this isn't Alliance side, kick some butts on the Alliance or set the Alliance Conclave up myself... it will most likely end up to the latest but damn.. Its magical Rp: it is worth it Very Happy
Slap Rufias or something, he should be working! *glares at Rem*
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Braiden wrote:This is some good shit, if I was green I would have done it.

Skarain wrote:Can't say other than wish good luck, curse that this isn't Alliance side, kick some butts on the Alliance or set the Alliance Conclave up myself... it will most likely end up to the latest but damn.. Its magical Rp: it is worth it Very Happy
Slap Rufias or something, he should be working! *glares at Rem*

I did already lol!
Offered to Roleplay Rufias secretary and help with stuff. At the moment waiting for a reply.

EDIT: I got a green light. Sorting details for stuff.

Last edited by Skarain on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Horde is a bit more open to warlocks, sure, but especially the orcs and blood elves have had a lot of recent grievances with the whole fel and demons thing.

In the end of the day, however you look at it, using fel is evil.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:49 pm

Already said I'd be happy to help where I can!

Might be an opportunity for me to dust off Xencin or Challus!

Last edited by Sonitus on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrakha Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:00 pm

I'm sure some of my Shatterskulls could be persuaded to come along. Our Circle regiment is full of dodgy fel-casters, and has a few wizards also.

Re: orcs and warlocks. Orc society generally has quite a dim view of warlocks. They're tolerated enough that they can appear openly as warlocks without attracting an angry mob, but they're not liked and never fully trusted.
Thrakha
Thrakha

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:45 am

Aye. Warlocks in general .. wouldn't have too many friends, but they are still regarded as an efficent enough weapon. Start blathering about the burning legion, however, and then it's off with your head. etc. etc.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crothu Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:55 pm

This sounds interesting would create some more RP on horde side and maybe i could join in on my warlock as well?

Crothu

Character sheet
Name: Crothu
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Drogu wants in! He can't do magic but he ... errm well.... Shut up, Drogu wants in.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Maybe it's time I make that belf-delidah...
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:48 pm

I'm up for this. /sign
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:06 pm

I can already imagine the arrogance Aishling will portray in such meetings. xD She's a magister and Belf, so she would consider herself a supreme mage over everyone else.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Probably rightfully so.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Sadok, we're waiting D:
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down