Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC] Sister Yasmin's letter to King Magni of Ironforge

+14
Spyre
Dorik Thunderbelly
Sir Lancelot
Gesh
Nayan
Whiston Farley
Rasonal Dranger
Cathee Norris
Magaskawee/Anaei
Lavian
Krogon Devilstep
Geldar
Drengi/Lokik
Melnerag
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[IC] Sister Yasmin's letter to King Magni of Ironforge - Page 3 Empty Re: [IC] Sister Yasmin's letter to King Magni of Ironforge

Post by Melnerag Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:18 pm

As I said, many times, I -fully- trust the Senate to OOCly discuss appropriate action on 'behalf ot the King'. And I will accept the descision of the Senate as ICly and OOCly legitimate (ICly I might not agree with it however).

Last edited by Imanuel on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

[IC] Sister Yasmin's letter to King Magni of Ironforge - Page 3 Empty Re: [IC] Sister Yasmin's letter to King Magni of Ironforge

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Geldar wrote:
Vargosh/Trave/Thandros wrote:
Spyre wrote:I'll be glad to see a human IC the time I see one who's capable of rping more then the cathedral. Except the time when the scarlet came to take back a dark sphere we had executed.
I still believe King Magni trusts his senate and guards more then a human who sends a letter when he got imprisoned when a demon assaulted several guards, Dorik and Drengi.

If I'm not wrong Gogol icly spoke with Sophyra after the happening, which is mentioned in the letter.(I do think atleast.)
Does your High Chancellor piss that much on his Senator-Marshal?

Seiken, keep it civil before i start deleting your posts. Goes for everyone who include insults in their posts.

thats not me. though i'm gonna abstain from bothering anyway...
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurudin Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Imanuel wrote:I in fact was hoping for an IC response, yes, but I was hoping for a response form the Senate as a whole, not only Drengi. I spoke to Gogol OOCly, and told him that by writing the King I automatically assumed the Senate would discuss it OOCly and come up with a reply. @ Maurudin.

They understand this, but by adressing Magni there would have to be a response from him. Otherwise he is simply just putting a letter down and letting the Senate carry on with possible corruption. I feel the letter required a response.

The concern doesnt lie with the letter but rather the criticism being aimed at Ironforge RP, which of course isnt the first time.
Maurudin
Maurudin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Mah` bad, mixed up stuff. Edited!

The concern doesnt lie with the letter but rather the criticism being aimed at Ironforge RP, which of course isnt the first time.

From what i see it lies with the handling of the letter and the aftermath of that. Besides, it wasnt the ones who criticised the ones who actually starting the dirt flinging.

Example below:

Stormwind is abit of a shit hole. Let's be honest, The Dwarfs only respect strong and righteous things. And Stormwind isn't, :/

And if i am to be blatantly honest, Stormwind is and will always be messy because its the main RP hub, ofcourse Ironforge will not have bad RP, it hardly has any at all besides the Role Players from the DRS who are bringing life to this city. Not that i am saying its a bad thing, but people need to learn and understand that certain things bring to certain other things.

Just like a big city has crime with a huge population, so does a small town lack any problems with a low population. Quality is something else though, since both places have good and bad sides just as this has good and bad RPers and RP moments. My two cents.

Last edited by Geldar on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:25 pm

'' Sorry for threatening you Seik

'' Bite me!

'' ... FFFFFFF!!![IC] Sister Yasmin's letter to King Magni of Ironforge - Page 3 120px-HeresyStamp
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:31 pm

Geldar wrote:
Vargosh/Trave/Thandros wrote:
Spyre wrote:I'll be glad to see a human IC the time I see one who's capable of rping more then the cathedral. Except the time when the scarlet came to take back a dark sphere we had executed.
I still believe King Magni trusts his senate and guards more then a human who sends a letter when he got imprisoned when a demon assaulted several guards, Dorik and Drengi.

If I'm not wrong Gogol icly spoke with Sophyra after the happening, which is mentioned in the letter.(I do think atleast.)
Does your High Chancellor piss that much on his Senator-Marshal?

Vargosh, keep it civil before i start deleting your posts. Goes for everyone who include insults in their posts.

Define the insult then. o.<
Because I did clearly not insult, more so state what their senate seems to be doing to one another, and obviously I was talking of the IC.
Are you taking IC to OOC, Geldar?

I'm not trying to start flaming, nor insult people. Was merely pointing out, to what I encountered ICly last night. Gogol had spoken with "Yasmin" ICly, and apologized or something in those lines.

Stop pointing fingers everywhere!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurudin Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:32 pm

Geldar wrote:

From what i see it lies with the handling of the letter and the aftermath of that. Besides, it wasnt the ones who criticised the ones who actually starting the dirt flinging.

Example below:

Stormwind is abit of a shit hole. Let's be honest, The Dwarfs only respect strong and righteous things. And Stormwind isn't, :/

I think that your (that is to say the Commander of Stormwind forces) involvement in the thread was unnecessary and immediately from this we have replies from others stating their opinions on a IC event which doesnt even concern them. Perhaps in future let the comment stop at "((Brilliant letter, Imanuel. Great writing skills as always. ))" and lets have less of people rallying round you to state their opinions.

Indeed an unlikely ally in a Forsaken, replace the swearing and you have the opinion of what somebody thinks of Stormwind RP. Not great to have somebody criticise what you do huh?

EDIT The tension between some RPers is just as bad as PvPers, which I think is needless.

Last edited by Maurudin on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maurudin
Maurudin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:32 pm

Krogon wrote:i quite concur with saihna, Geld and nyg o_o'

you dont speak -for- mangi. -ever-.

lol
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet
Name: Whiston Farley
Title: The Hound Master - Watcher of Sacred Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:37 pm

*awesomely long, brilliantly written letter*

turned into

*burned up piece of crap*

Yeah, sue us all for wanting a wee little bit more for it. Now I bet it won't even be brought up in the next senate...
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurudin Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Nygarth/Rir'rae wrote:*awesomely long, brilliantly written letter*

turned into

*burned up piece of crap*

Yeah, sue us all for wanting a wee little bit more for it. Now I bet it won't even be brought up in the next senate...

Im sure Gogol will make sure a few fists are smashed down on the table and Drengi roaring in the defense of the Senate.

Im guessing that people are probably wanting more drama than RP here though Wink
Maurudin
Maurudin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Maurudin wrote:
Geldar wrote:

Example below:

I think that your (that is to say the Commander of Stormwind forces) involvement in the thread was unnecessary and immediately from this we have replies from others stating their opinions on a IC event which doesnt even concern them. Perhaps in future let the comment stop at "((Brilliant letter, Imanuel. Great writing skills as always. ))" and lets have less of people rallying round you to state their opinions.

Indeed an unlikely ally in a Forsaken, replace the swearing and you have the opinion of what somebody thinks of Stormwind RP. Not great to have somebody criticise what you do huh?

EDIT The tension between some RPers is just as bad as PvPers, which I think is needless.

I wrote this as a RPer not as the charecter i play, stating a opinion meerely towards the letter and the responce it was given as i find certain things odd, thus i feel the need to express my opinion and concern which seems to be turned against me while others are doing the very same thing several hights up and it beeing 'okay' since the target is SW and not the ones they represent.As for the forsaken, he is a gnome aswell. And as you said, and i`ll repeat because this goes both ways:

Not great to have somebody criticise what you do huh?
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyre Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:45 pm

Clearly we don't think it is "awesomely long, brilliantly written letter" IC since it criticises our senate. Which is why it got burned.
Spyre
Spyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:45 pm

If somebody criticizes what you do, you should be proud as what you do touches people sufficiently to undertake the effort of criticism. That is why constructive criticizm is so sweet. A lot of efford, thought and soul goes into it. I take constructive criticizm (even if it is devastating) as a compliment.

Anyway. Somebody call the firefighters and dowse this thread already?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Spyre wrote:Clearly we don't think it is "awesomely long, brilliantly written letter" IC since it criticises our senate. Which is why it got burned.

Criticizes your High Chancellor. and If he -IS- the senate..then you need to kill him before it is too late!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyre Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:51 pm

Never! Drengi is what keeps horde at bay and the dwarven war machine rolling! Also, dwarves often stand behind their brethren no matter how stupid their act is, and the one with a higher rank is -almost- always right.
Spyre
Spyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurudin Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:52 pm

I know you wrote it as a roleplayer yet I think people favour what you think in certain matters, especially somebody so prominent in the RP community. Indeed I could quote other people, but maybe I thought the point might hit home a bit harder, instead of bashing Krogon for being a blood thirsty Orc for example.

He may be a Gnome as well, but then again they are a mad bunch of folk, so god knows what they are thinking about.

My golden beard absorbs most criticism. Anyway the in game response should be good fun anyway.
Maurudin
Maurudin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Brilliant, minions that don't believe they're minions.

Gogol and co, play a heck of a game of chess.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:55 pm

...I think i should become One with the Voice of the People....
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:03 pm

You already were in my head.

o:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurudin Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Nygarth/Rir'rae wrote:Brilliant, minions that don't believe they're minions.

Gogol and co, play a heck of a game of chess.

/sigh this wasnt needed lad
Maurudin
Maurudin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Quite unnecessary in general. Sure, we mixed up people being allied with demons and such, but hey... mistakes do happen. Drengi maybe went too far in his accusations, but at the time it was fully legible (correct word?) since we just got attacked by a demon that somehow sneaked in and stood by the priestess during the meeting.

I don't mind critizism that much on IF RP in general, but constantly saying Senate is corrupted when it works about 10 times more efficiently than the SW council? How is that corrupted? Efficiency is a crime? Oh dear, better put all dwarves in jail then and let everyone else run on the loose. /heavy sarcasm

And I suppose we could vote about who'd be better for the position as Chancellor, but there wouldn't be too many contestants about that post, since it is highly ungrateful to have that post. Lousy pay as well.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:12 pm

I don't mind critizism that much on IF RP in general, but constantly saying Senate is corrupted when it works about 10 times more efficiently than the SW council? How is that corrupted? Efficiency is a crime? Oh dear, better put all dwarves in jail then and let everyone else run on the loose. /heavy sarcasm

I`ll nitpick some more since i feel like it, seeing people havent gotten the idea yet. Noone is saying the Senate is corrupted first and foremost, we arent even bothering with you guys or trying to get in your buisness. It is you who constantly go around complaining how everything around Stormwind/Counil is bad and how stuff in Ironforge is done better. That aside, your Senate only works 10 times more efficiently because it doesnt even have 1/3 of the players which RP in Stormwind to Role Play around in Ironforge, thus less problems, less issues and yes, less RP. And no, we arent putting any dwarves in jail for the record, even though half of them should be there for the rampage they go on when they visit Stormwind.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:14 pm

Can someone please shut this thread?
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet
Name: Whiston Farley
Title: The Hound Master - Watcher of Sacred Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Senate does its job, the Council does its. I do not understand why the two groups constantly clash and are at odds all the time. Especially not OOCly. Both of you took the responsibility for the RP in your respective areas, and are doing it in the best way they can.

Let each side go about their RP in the way they prefer, and don't get involved. Dwarves can enjoy their Senate in Ironforge, 'Humans'* can enjoy their Council in Stormwind. One group going on another is like a Briton whining about the laws of the state of Florida.

*Humans = Humans + Draenei&Night Elf Sluts
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Imanuel wrote:Senate does its job, the Council does its. I do not understand why the two groups constantly clash and are at odds all the time. Especially not OOCly. Both of you took the responsibility for the RP in your respective areas, and are doing it in the best way they can.

Let each side go about their RP in the way they prefer, and don't get involved. Dwarves can enjoy their Senate in Ironforge, 'Humans'* can enjoy their Council in Stormwind. One group going on another is like a Briton whining about the laws of the state of Florida.

*Humans = Humans + Draenei&Night Elf Sluts

Imanuel, do we constantly pester the other side telling them how to do their job and constantly trying to enforce ourselfs on them in any form or way be it ICly or OOCly? With that question asked and said, im leaving this discussion. And if so, give me a example. Since i long wonder when we last even got near to bother with some of Ironforge`s affairs, be it military or political. We just do not wish to cause any drama or problems with getting in the way of the other side, cant be said for the other though.

PS: Always boggled me why certain people would refuse to work for improvement and see fit to get in eachothers way making it difficult for everyone instead of more comfortable. Ignorance is a cruel but blissful mistress.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next