Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gilneas Current State

+14
Drustai
Raenmar
Gilran
Magaskawee/Anaei
Laindo Dumon
Gesh
Lorainne/Bridlington
Krogon Devilstep
Allonia_Miral
Antistia
Kettin
Ixirar
Rmuffn
Azmariel
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Gilneas Current State - Page 3 Empty Re: Gilneas Current State

Post by itsy Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:58 am

There's no need to act like a patronising twit just because -you- didn't pay attention to anything other than the quest text, siegmund.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=45637

Forsaken Blightspreaders in Gilneas wrote:
This is a war, right? We're supposed to be able to kill our enemies with our weapons, right?

This blight is useless.

What did they test this crap on? Murlocs?

Watered down garbage. Doesn't even slow 'em down.

I might not be a literary genius but it seems pretty obvious what exactly they're saying about the new strain of Blight they have to use.
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 am

Well, there is not much doubt about the war situation in Gilneas anymore, I’d say. If not, this thread will be a practical place to point towards. We made some compromises between our guilds to make sure everyone could do what they wanted with as little grief as possible, and I think it has worked out nicely so far.

We still have skirmishes with Forsaken here and there in the GLF. I personally didn’t consider the situation in Keel much, but it seems pretty deserted these days anyway. Could be something we could use in the future!

In general there aren’t many civ rp’ers left in Gilneas at this point in time, but there could many reasons for that. And hopefully there will be more rp’ers of any kind coming back again Smile
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:23 am

On the other hand, while you people are having trouble with gankers and whatnot in Gilneas, Ironforge stands almost completely deserted.

Perhaps a migration is in order?
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:02 am

This thread is TL:DR, Gilneas is in contested state, both alliance and horde quests go from owning Gilneas to loosing it, to gaining it again, to loosing it. Infomation clashes and things can't be taken for truth because they aren't explained if it happened before or after other things..

Quite frankly it's just a hell a lot of confusing.
But let's be honest.. if a werewolf curse ripped apart your kingdom, then zombies started invading, and pink elves turned up offering you a nice pretty new life across the sea: after being locked up in Warcraft-scotland, by a King you may not even like?

Would you hang about and grow crops for the troops? I dunno. Personally if you were a Crowley type I can imagine you fighting till your dying breath, but the vast majority of citizens would've left, Gilneas isn't safe and sure as hell isn't a Kingdom anymore. Your Kings too busy chumming it up with Goku in Stormwind and braiding Lady Moongoddesslover2002s hair.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:01 am

Vec wrote:This thread is TL:DR, Gilneas is in contested state, both alliance and horde quests go from owning Gilneas to loosing it, to gaining it again, to loosing it. Infomation clashes and things can't be taken for truth because they aren't explained if it happened before or after other things..

It's all quite well explained, actually. First, there's the Gilnean starter quests, where they lose Gilneas. Then there's the Silverpine quests, where the Forsaken secure and then lose Gilneas. Finally, there's the Blackhowl quests, which establish that Gilneans are holding Gilneas City, though having to defend against Forsaken assassins. Each of these events happen chronologically in time, and clearly establish Gilneas' current state.

Alliance own Gilneas at this point in time. The coastal regions and the wall are contested , but the mainland is secure (though, again, not safe). The Forsaken no longer have any holdings in the Gilnean mainland. It's a stalemate at the borders (the Battle for Gilneas).

But let's be honest.. if a werewolf curse ripped apart your kingdom, then zombies started invading, and pink elves turned up offering you a nice pretty new life across the sea: after being locked up in Warcraft-scotland, by a King you may not even like?

The majority of citizens seem to like Greymane. While there was a civil war prior to Cata, the recent events seem to have solidified public opinion in favor of Greymane (with the exception of Godfrey's men). Afterall, even the former Northgate rebels now support him. As for pink elves offering a pretty new life... most of the Gilneans probably do not like elves, due to their incredibly nationalistic culture. This is seen in the Greymane story, where the Gilneans certainly didn't respect the night elves enough to allow them the freedom to manage their own ships. Genn had to order the Gilneans below deck to give the night elf sailors room.

Lord of his Pack wrote:Dozens of violet humanoids busied themselves about, doing all they could to prepare their ship for what certainly appeared to be a massive storm. But among the purple he could see his own people. Pink skin and then, of course, the worgen: lupine beast-men and women unwilling to adhere to the requests of their saviors.

“As you can see, King, they intend to partake in preparations and ignore the orders given. They have refused my call for all non-deckhands to go below.”

Gilneans are not the type to give up. They do not care for a 'nice, pretty life'. Evacuation was a last resort and one that many of them did not want to do. Sitting in the bowels of a ship and relying on the night elf sailors was something they did not want to do. Hiding in Darnassus is no doubt something many of them see as shameful. You really underestimate Gilnean pride.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Oh indeed, I'm not disputing Gilnean Pride, after all Emberstone isn't exactly subtle about her burning desire to er.. burn The Forsaken, but I'm just thinking from a logical and survival point of view, not every Gilnean is a soldier and regardless of how patriotic they are, Gilneas: some of it at least, lies in ruins. It wouldn't be plausible for there to be villagers going about their business. It just feels like it should be in a state of constant fear and chaos, similar to a country you would find in a contested state IRL.

Fair enough they would be fighting for there land, fighting until their dying breath. But I don't feel comfortable with the image of Gilneas being inhabitable. It's war-torn and should be treated as such.

Edit: I'm not as brushed up on Gilnean lore as I thought I was, but yeah. Just my opinion, it would be silly for Gilneas to be treated like a ' healthy ' Kingdom! but it doesn't look like it's going down that way anyway so, y'know. Pointless opinion! : D
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Vec wrote:Oh indeed, I'm not disputing Gilnean Pride, after all Emberstone isn't exactly subtle about her burning desire to er.. burn The Forsaken, but I'm just thinking from a logical and survival point of view, not every Gilnean is a soldier and regardless of how patriotic they are, Gilneas: some of it at least, lies in ruins. It wouldn't be plausible for there to be villagers going about their business. It just feels like it should be in a state of constant fear and chaos, similar to a country you would find in a contested state IRL.

Fair enough they would be fighting for there land, fighting until their dying breath. But I don't feel comfortable with the image of Gilneas being inhabitable. It's war-torn and should be treated as such.

Edit: I'm not as brushed up on Gilnean lore as I thought I was, but yeah. Just my opinion, it would be silly for Gilneas to be treated like a ' healthy ' Kingdom! but it doesn't look like it's going down that way anyway so, y'know. Pointless opinion! : D

I never said it should be 'villagers going about their business' or a 'healthy' kingdom. Like you said, it should be in a state of constant fear and chaos. That doesn't mean there can't be villagers who still remain in the country (afterall, citizens remain in contested countries all the time), merely that any who do would almost certainly be geared towards supporting the military in some fashion, either by joining the militia (as the Southshore villagers do) or performing some required function like growing food for the troops, or repairing armor, or building/rebuilding fortifications. Any citizens that are performing those required functions are likely under heavy guard, and under the purview of local martial law. Similar to the civilians who were supporting the Scarlet Crusade in western Tirisfal Glades and the Scarlet Enclave (which, likewise, were heavily contested areas).

What there shouldn't be, and I've said this from the beginning, is a civilian government and a bunch of villagers squatting down and thinking the kingdom is perfectly fine for repopulation now. It's not. Most of the kingdom is in Alliance hands, but it's by no means safe. If you're a civilian and in Gilneas, you're there to fight for the military, support the military, go looting, or report on the state of the war for Gilnean newspapers. The rest of the occupants should be soldiers.

Some civilian infrastructure is vital for the war effort. That was my point from the beginning. But the kingdom is by no means safe or ready for inhabitation by the civilian population at large.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3