Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gilneas Current State

+14
Drustai
Raenmar
Gilran
Magaskawee/Anaei
Laindo Dumon
Gesh
Lorainne/Bridlington
Krogon Devilstep
Allonia_Miral
Antistia
Kettin
Ixirar
Rmuffn
Azmariel
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gilneas Current State - Page 2 Empty Re: Gilneas Current State

Post by Gesh Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Not to poke at anyone here, but.

Just because a few roleplayers say given areas are safe doesn't make them so in lore. Yes I get the whole concept of altering information so you can further explore a given story.

You however have to respect the occurrences taking place in game, not just within your Gilnean Community.

I wouldn't consider the current state debatable either, it's a battleground and Crowley let Sylvanas charge right into Gilneas, also have to consider the fact how most Gilneas fled to Darnassus.

Alas however..

It's not my place to tell you how to roleplay and I wish you the best of luck! But I personally enjoyed roleplaying in Gilneas (On my worgen.) because it was so dangerous and un-stable, anything could happen and it certainly wasn't somewhere for anyone to claim. Horde or Alliance.

Just my thoughts and opinions, hope I haven't pulled any tails!... Not you worgen have any. : D
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:51 pm

Well that topic has been much debated between gilnean guilds as well, settling on the fact that horde quests say that Gilneas is mostly Forsaken free, but still endangered. So that is what we went by.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Mostly Forsaken free? Do you have a link confirming that?

But yeah, Endangered is the key term! It's a war zone, and definitely not protected by the Alliance, being fought for! But not protected, it's hunting grounds for Worgen and Forsaken alike!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Laindo Dumon Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Yup! It would be good if we were able to organize some rp-pvp events, but nothing so far, we've been expecting an attack for quite a while and were always uner the impression that the forsaken could attack again whenever. We had events planning what to do during an attack and everything, just they haven't come to use yet :L
Laindo Dumon
Laindo Dumon

Character sheet
Name: Laindo Dumon
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Mostly Forsaken free? Do you have a link confirming that?

But yeah, Endangered is the key term! It's a war zone, and definitely not protected by the Alliance, being fought for! But not protected, it's hunting grounds for Worgen and Forsaken alike!

Oh, I definitely agree on that.

Source is horde quest chain in Silverpine btw.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:43 pm

I do think the idea of a free and safe Gilneas is rather silly, fair enough coming from an Arathorian, I can't really speak, however we have connections to the WIldhammer in the north and the Bronzebeard/Dark Iron's in the South directly. That's the entirety of the Dwarvish race waiting to assist if the Forsaken tried for another push.

Gilneas is completely cut off, the quest that kinda made me rethink Gilneas' state is the one in Hillsbrad where you, as a Horde agent have to infiltrate Purgatory Isle to steal Alliance battle plans. Godfrey is meeting with the leaders of AV, to help with his guerrilla warfare. It suggested to me that Gilneas is under constant siege and the Worgen are making enough impact to keep them at bay.

Still, you never know what MoP brings.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Anaei/Magaskawee wrote:I do think the idea of a free and safe Gilneas is rather silly, fair enough coming from an Arathorian, I can't really speak, however we have connections to the WIldhammer in the north and the Bronzebeard/Dark Iron's in the South directly. That's the entirety of the Dwarvish race waiting to assist if the Forsaken tried for another push.

Gilneas is completely cut off, the quest that kinda made me rethink Gilneas' state is the one in Hillsbrad where you, as a Horde agent have to infiltrate Purgatory Isle to steal Alliance battle plans. Godfrey is meeting with the leaders of AV, to help with his guerrilla warfare. It suggested to me that Gilneas is under constant siege and the Worgen are making enough impact to keep them at bay.

Still, you never know what MoP brings.

Yea. I'll agree this whole idea was silly from the beginning, or how it started and up to this point. One person said that Gilneas was Forsaken Free, while the other said the Forsaken were still in Gilneas and held superiority in Gilneas.

I was one of the few that said that Gilneas was a warzone, under siege and it was stupid to even be here to begin with. And then the people just went along with the majority, figured that Gilneas was forsaken-free (Mostly thanks to a special someone in Shadowfang Keep as far as I know), The 7th Legion and that the Worgens were immune to the plague(?).

But eitherway, weather Gilneas is a warzone or a RP-hub, I personally say that if things in Gilneas get fixed, it would create IC drama RP, diplomacy and hopefully future WPvP with the Forsaken Guilds!
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet
Name: Azmariel Dunmar
Title: Archduchess of nevergonnahappen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:30 pm

o/, Nakroth asked me to post this on his behalf:

Snakefang,

I have recently acquired a full time working position and as such my time with the Legacy has become more limited. I have shifted my focus to a new character, a paladin to lead the Legacy OOC and be active ICly as a ‘good’ guy. As for my character Nakroth, he is still present and there is an upcoming two weeks worth of role-play coming up (which will be posted in due time), furthermore there is an wPvP campaign in the works between a few representatives of guilds, Raenmar is aware of this too. The Assembly does indeed require a new speaker seeing as the newly selected one left purely for OOC reasons with no IC explanation, but that is not a problem, a Speaker to chair the meetings can and will be found.

To whomever it may concern,
Gilneas is not a protectorate of Stormwind, Gilneas has never been a procetorate of Stormwind and Gilneas will never be a protectorate of Stormwind. The Gilnean Assembly is a self autonomous governing body that represents the player base and nobody else; creating a fictional political entity that represents the King is God RP.

Anaei,
I do indeed find your comments silly considering it is currently being role-played that your infrastructure is full in order, or so this was the case last time said subject was discussed three weeks ago.

Conclusion:
I am not gone, I am just currently out of game time, however in lieu of it being summer time I am personally working on two inter-connected events (The rise of a cultist in Gilneas followed by a Horde invasion) and another different event which the details will be disclosed once I have some time to sit down and write it up.

Thank you.

Nakroth

Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Spoiler:

I look forward to skinning you worgens!

See you on the battlefield!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:08 am

Hey, when I tried to argue that it was a contested zone I ended up banned from the channel and told to stfu by my guild. Now everyone agrees?

*sigh*
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:50 am

Gilneas is canonically controlled by the Alliance at this point in time. It is a contested war zone, but it is the Alliance that are defending against Forsaken incursions, rather than vice versa. During the Silverpine quests, the Alliance manages to push the Forsaken out of Gilneas, and Alliance troops can be seen patrolling Gilneas. Likewise, the Battle for Gilneas shows Alliance starting within Gilneas' borders and the Horde making an amphibious landing. Therefore, it is a stalemate at the borders.

The country as a whole is hardly safe, but the southern lands (like Gilneas City) are likely "secure" from most Forsaken attacks, though the capital would almost certainly be bombed on a regular basis. The borders (the Gilnean Wall) would be where the majority of combat is happening.

Civilians would probably be needed to grow crops within the country in order to provide food for the troops that doesn't have to be shipped in. Likewise, blacksmiths for armor and weapon repair, and so on. Non-essential civilians would likely be encouraged (if not forced) to stay away for the time being, as it'd still be very dangerous.

Also, it's very doubtful that there'd be a proper government in place within the country. It should almost certainly be martial law at this point. The civilian government would be better off in Darnassus, providing government for the much more significant Gilnean evacuee population there.

As for being a 'state' of Stormwind, that strikes me as being rather silly. The Gilneas government still exists, it still has troops fighting for it. And even with Greymane's being more open-minded now, there's not a chance in hell that he or the Gilnean people would ever accept being dissolved and absorbed into another kingdom. Besides, the Alliance is just that--an alliance.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:35 am

Shifting between Darnassus and Gilneas as places to role play sounds ideal.

I'll be talking to some people in game about what to do with Gilneas!
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:39 am

If Blizzard had just given you your district in Stormwind we'd all be in a better boat.. *shakes fist at Blizzard*
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:47 am

Anaei/Magaskawee wrote:If Blizzard had just given you your district in Stormwind we'd all be in a better boat.. *shakes fist at Blizzard*

Exactly this!

Hah, and perhaps it could be run like the Danish Christiania.
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:18 am

Snakefang/Azmariel wrote:

But eitherway, weather Gilneas is a warzone or a RP-hub,

How is that mutually exclusive?

Lorainne wrote:
Anaei/Magaskawee wrote:If Blizzard had just given you your district in Stormwind we'd all be in a better boat.. *shakes fist at Blizzard*

Exactly this!

Hah, and perhaps it could be run like the Danish Christiania.

Tsk you got a guillotine and everything set up in Raven-hill, go hide there like common cultists Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Snakefang/Azmariel wrote:
the Worgens were immune to the plague(?).

First of all They are not immune to the plague (As in that green stuff that melts you into goo). Worgens are immune from being raised as undead ones (with the exception being with the Lich king who was a bad***). And don't even try to argue that what i just said isn't true. I dare you *Narrows eyes*.

As for Gilneas. As far as i saw through the quest line the forsaken were pushed back, Crowley surrenders and Sylvanas gets shoot and revived. Now it doesn't say ANYWHERE (That i know of) what did the forsaken do afterwards or the Gilneans and the 7th legion OR the Bloodfang. So you can only say Stalemate for now, with the occasional small sieges and raids .(Both sides took serious blows, so a big invasion would take time to plan again)

UPDATE: I did find something though: "Sylvanas returned to the Undercity to recover, enabling the Alliance to retake Gilneas."

http://www.wowwiki.com/Gilneas <- Under The cataclysm the last sentance.

And under Gilneas in cataclysm:

"The current state of Gilneas and its future are not clear. Officially the Alliance controls Gilneas with skirmishes on the border (as is the purpose of the battleground) but this story has not come to a conclusion as Genn Greymane remains in Stormwind City, the bulk of its population remain in Darnassus, and the zone itself is largely empty with no NPCs and only a few mobs. "
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Actually, the worgen -are- pretty much immune to the current strain of Blight the Forsaken use. During the Horde quest chain that takes you into Gilneas several of the Forsaken manning the plague hurling catapults complain of the worgen simply dashing through it without it even slowing them down.
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:46 pm

Glilya wrote:Actually, the worgen -are- pretty much immune to the current strain of Blight the Forsaken use. During the Horde quest chain that takes you into Gilneas several of the Forsaken manning the plague hurling catapults complain of the worgen simply dashing through it without it even slowing them down.

No i think you misunderstood this. You can't understand that literary. Basically worgen were backed in a corner, they didn't have much to lose. Of course being pure raging werewolves they just charged 300 style not caring and there were a lot of em. As i said they are immune to being raised by the Val'kyr not against the Blight aka New plague, which doesn't raise it damn right makes you into goo.

It's like in wars when you get shot at by cannons and you still got to advance no matter what, especially if you have no where to run.

Here to remind you what it does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pvq9D2q4UI
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:41 pm

The green stuff isn't Plague, it's Blight.

And worgen aren't immune to it, else they wouldn't have retreated from Greymane City when it was being bombarded.

It's essentially a very strong acid that filters into the lungs. Or so it's speculated.

Also I personally believe NO civilians are within Gilneas, most were shipped off to Darnassus and Stormwind. The entire Kingdom is a battlefield, no two ways about it, only soldier types and magic types would dare hang around. It's a toppled government with only rebels and nutcases still stupid enough to be hanging around whilst The big gold lion and the zombie masses clash it out!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Allow me to rephrase that. They are immune to the kind of Blight the Forsaken are currently restricted to using whilst under the watchful eye of the Horde. So basically whenever forced to use the watered down version of it, the worgen are immune. The old Blight they used at the Wrathgate is still effective against worgen... But of course, the Forsaken would never use that again!
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Imagine how much asshauling the alliance would take if Garrosh stopped being such a bitch about the Forsaken.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:08 am

Glilya wrote:Allow me to rephrase that. They are immune to the kind of Blight the Forsaken are currently restricted to using whilst under the watchful eye of the Horde. So basically whenever forced to use the watered down version of it, the worgen are immune. The old Blight they used at the Wrathgate is still effective against worgen... But of course, the Forsaken would never use that again!

Sorry, but Watchful eye of the horde? Garrosh prohibited the use of the plague entirely. And the forsaken used it anyway. Why would they used a watered down version? They would never use it again? I'm kind of suspecting either you didn't do the questline or didn't pay attention, so here some help:

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIqEH4v_tMY

Are you gonna rephrase your statement again? With some proof i hope.

Note they refer to the blight as "The plague". Everything clear?

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:30 am

siegmund wrote:
Glilya wrote:Allow me to rephrase that. They are immune to the kind of Blight the Forsaken are currently restricted to using whilst under the watchful eye of the Horde. So basically whenever forced to use the watered down version of it, the worgen are immune. The old Blight they used at the Wrathgate is still effective against worgen... But of course, the Forsaken would never use that again!

Sorry, but Watchful eye of the horde? Garrosh prohibited the use of the plague entirely. And the forsaken used it anyway. Why would they used a watered down version? They would never use it again? I'm kind of suspecting either you didn't do the questline or didn't pay attention, so here some help:

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIqEH4v_tMY

Are you gonna rephrase your statement again? With some proof i hope.

Note they refer to the blight as "The plague". Everything clear?

Garrosh has outlawed the use of blight yes, however Sylvanas cares as much about Garrosh's opinion as Varian cares about Garrosh's. The Forsaken used a weakened version of it, as seen in Shadowfang Keep, which 'slows down' the Worgen. So presumably it causes pain, not instant death.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:43 am

Worgen are immune to being raised into undeath. They are NOT immune to the Forsaken Blight. It will still melt their skin from their bones just like anyone else.

The Blight that the Forsaken currently use is a weaker strain though, and worgen do have a natural resistance against shadow and nature effects (of which the Blight is both). Therefore, the Blight would be less effective against worgen than it is against other races. They would not be immune to it, though, and a direct hit or prolonged exposure is likely to still be fatal.

The only immunity the Worgen have is to being necromantically raised. And even that is only partial immunity, as very powerful necromancers have the ability to circumvent it.

Vec wrote:Also I personally believe NO civilians are within Gilneas, most were shipped off to Darnassus and Stormwind. The entire Kingdom is a battlefield, no two ways about it, only soldier types and magic types would dare hang around. It's a toppled government with only rebels and nutcases still stupid enough to be hanging around whilst The big gold lion and the zombie masses clash it out!

The vast majority left, yes. But the entire kingdom is not a battlefield. The Forsaken were pushed out. The Alliance control the kingdom, and the fighting takes place at the borders now (the Gilnean Wall and the coasts). The southern/south-eastern lands are secure, just not entirely safe due to the risk of Forsaken assassins and bombs getting past the front lines.

Therefore, it makes sense that some few heavily-guarded civilians would be in the kingdom tending to farms to grow food and such for the soldiers, as the Forsaken navy assaulting the coastal regions would make naval restocking very risky, if not impossible. What doesn't make sense is every single evacuee moving back into the country and returning to their old lives. It's still a dangerous place to be, the only people that should be there are soldiers and those who have volunteered (or been conscripted) to support the soldiers.

WoWpedia wrote:Following these events, the Alliance has cemented their hold in Gilneas, the Bloodfang and some 7th legion taking to the offensive front while the Gilneas Liberation Front remained behind to defend the rebuilding area. With all Forsaken land bases either destroyed or recaptured by Alliance forces, the Forsaken have begun to launch naval assaults on the area, starting an ongoing battle over the coastal region as the Alliance attempts to repel the Forsaken's attempts to re-establish a land base within Gilneas. Despite this however, the mainland of Gilneas is still under Alliance control as the Forsaken have not yet been successful.

Aside from the battles on the coast, the situation within the Ruins of Gilneas was relatively silent until just before the demise of Deathwing. It was revealed by Ravenholdt that the Gilneans had been infiltrated by a Black Dragonflight member in disguise as an affluent noble by the name of Hiram Creed. Using his blood, Creed sought out to corrupt the Gilneans in secret, attempting to make them his pawns and make an army of draconically enhanced servants. Going by the name of the Blackhowl, the group was seen mostly within the walls of Gilneas City, protecting Creed from Forsaken assassins while they were unwittingly corrupted into his pawns. His schemes were ended however by an assassin working for the uncorrupted Black Dragon Wrathion, who had set out on a quest to kill every last Black Dragon on Azeroth (aside from himself of course.).

Following the death of Creed, it is unknown what became of the Blackhowl. Seeing as though they had no knowledge of Creed's plan to subvert them, or his status as a dragonkin, the group probably continues to guard Gilneas City, as they were most likely still affiliated with the Alliance.

*Edit* Going off of the above, one of the areas that should be avoided for non-military Gilneas RP is Keel Harbor. A lot of civilian events have taken place here over the months, but they really shouldn't. As it is the only port in Gilneas, it is guaranteed to be priority target number 1 for the Forsaken navy and thus one of the most contested areas in the country.

Last edited by Drustai on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:40 am

Did the quest myself and didn't think of this *Facepalm* .

Think Drustai has got a point with the fact that there was a ton of soldiers there, with the fact that some civilians might have stayed to fight and only mostly women and children evacuated (Generally speaking) . Some people went to serve the alliance and some would stay and protect Gilneas, since it is kind of their duty and the fact that mostly civilians retook the city from the forsaken in the questline.

So i guess just make more events with forsaken assassins ?

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next