Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Archeological Dig! POSTPONED - March 10th

+3
Lexgrad
Drustai
Velynia
7 posters

Go down

[A] Archeological Dig! POSTPONED - March 10th Empty [A] Archeological Dig! POSTPONED - March 10th

Post by Velynia Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Hello! Recently, a budding group of Archeologists, led by Lady Nancy Amberlog have nailed posters to the walls of Stormwind, advertising an Archeological Dig, taking place soon in the Blasted Lands! It is entirely volunteer work, so we will be unable to pay you, but anything you find is yours, to do with it what you wish! However, if you do turn up any Demonic Artifacts, Lady Amberlog and her group are willing to buy them off of you, for purely academical purposes.
They are in need of diggers, and bouncers to defend against the harsh creatures and weather of the Blasted Lands. If you are interested in signing up, have any questions or concerns, please put them in a letter to: Nancy Amberlog, Eastvale.

OOC:

Greetings! The Legion's Hand is happy to present it's latest RP Event: Archeological Dig! It will consist of an excavation taking place in the Blasted Lands, in which we will use a carefully-designed 'roll' system, to dig up 32 unique items, each with interesting flavour text! The event will begin at 8:00PM SERVERTIME, March 10th! We'll be gathering at Surwich on that time, to set off once we're all gathered! The event is only planned to last one day, though we will be camping there overnight, so there is a chance for some camp RP and in the morning, perhaps an aftermath.

FAQ:

Legion's Hand? But aren't you guys Cultists?

Indeed we are! However, on this occasion, the Hand has taken interest in some artifacts hidden beneath the red sands of Blasted Lands, and as such have disguised themselves as civilians, and enlisted those whom would be considered our enemies, to aid us in unearthing some of the items of interest. We will remain in disguise throughout the entire event, so no, we won't suddenly tie you all up and burn you at the stake!

Rawr! I am mighty Paladin, and can sense your evil presence!

Please no. While we would welcome this any other time, we wish for the event to remain peaceful. We will have taken efforts to reduce any 'Dark Aura' one might feel about us, and will have used all Azerothian Technology can do to make ourselves look different than whom we truly are!

This -is- an RP-PvP realm, aren't you worried about Gankers?

We will recruit OOC 'Guards' to hopefully fend off Gankers, but we won't be able to pay you any OOC Gold. So, in short, we suggest you pack your PvP Gear!

But how exactly will the excavation system work?

Well...
Once we are in position, and we're all safely digging away, you may roll using the /roll command at any time to determine if you find anything. If you roll above fifty - Well done, you have found an item! If you roll below fifty - Aw, must have been a false alarm.
There are 32 unique items for this event one can unearth, as stated above, each divided into four categories, each with eight items:

Poor: Nothing too interesting, largely useless stuff, such as old armour.
Common: This might fetch some coin in some pawn shop, but you're still missing out on the big game!
Uncommon: Now here it gets interesting! A few of these items have some script effects / sounds, to make them more interesting.
Rare: The cream of the crop! The Legion's Hand has interest in purchasing at least a few of these items from you, for entirely IC Gold. As with before, a few have fancy effects.

We aren't telling you any names, as we feel it ruins some of the mystery and intrigue of the dig.
Now, once you have rolled above 50, how are you to tell which item you get? Well, I direct you to this chart:

1-3: Poor item #1
3-6: Poor item #2
6-9: Poor item #3
9-12: Poor item #4
12-15: Poor item #5
15-18: Poor item #6
18-21: Poor item #7
21-24: Poor item #8
24-27: Common item #1
27-30: Common item #2
30-33: Common item #3
33-36: Common item #4
36-39: Common item #5
39-42: Common item #6
42-45: Common item #7
45-48: Common item #8
48-51: Uncommon item #1
51-54: Uncommon item #2
54-57: Uncommon item #3
57-60: Uncommon item #4
63-66: Uncommon item #5
66-69: Uncommon item #6
69-72: Uncommon item #7
72-75: Uncommon item #8
72-78: Rare item #1
78-81: Rare item #2
81-84: Rare item #3
84-87: Rare item #4
87-90: Rare item #5
90-93: Rare item #6
93-96: Rare item #7
96-99: Rare item #8
100: An extremely rare, exotic item! Oooh!

After you've rolled a number, I'll come up to you and trade you the according item.

Woah! That's quite a lot of rolls going on. Won't it get clustered?

Indeed, however that's something we can't avoid. However, we'd appreciate if after someone found an item, they could wait a few minutes before rolling again. In that time, feel free to do anything, examine your item, have a look at what others have found...

But you're just one person - How in Fel's name are you going to tend to all of those people needing their items?

Simple answer - I won't! Both I, Lenningford and Grenier will be giving out the GHI Items OOC'ly. As such, we won't have much time to actually RP, so, without sounding rude - We'd rather be left alone to deal with the hectic job!

This is great! How do I get involved?

Mail me in-game, listing your character's name. Just to clarify: YOUR NAME, not your characters name in RP. So for me - Velynia, instead of Velynia Du Monteforde, and what you want to be - OOC Defender, or Digger.
While this may seem unfair - Only apply if you can come. It'll be a hectic event to organise, and we don't want to wait around for people whom may be able to come, but might not be able too.

I'm low level, and can't get to Blasted Lands...

That's a real shame, however there's nothing we can do about it. We'll need to ask you to make your own transportation to Surwich, which will be the starting location, and suggest you are 50+, so you don't perish to mobs.

I don't have GHI...

Due to the GHI-centrality of the event, it is a must. You can download it from the Curse website.

Individuals in attendance:

Velynia
Gebran
Lenningford

Last edited by Velynia on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet
Name: Velynia Du Monteforde
Title: Grand Occultist

Back to top Go down

[A] Archeological Dig! POSTPONED - March 10th Empty Re: [A] Archeological Dig! POSTPONED - March 10th

Post by Drustai Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:38 pm

If you don't want to deal with the rolls thing, you could get TRP2 (and require all participants to use it). Its stash system works -really- well for stuff like this--you can set all 32 items ("Stashes") across Blasted Lands prior to the event, and people will have to actually stumble across the stash to locate it.

Likely will come by on Dru.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

[A] Archeological Dig! POSTPONED - March 10th Empty Re: [A] Archeological Dig! POSTPONED - March 10th

Post by Lexgrad Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Sounds awesome. Good luck.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Thanks.
Drustai - While that is quite a good idea, we'd prefer to stick in a group so we don't get ganked, and we've already planned this system out.
We may do a few hidden around, however Smile!
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:41 pm

If the campers turn up, give us a poke.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:32 am

The Aislinghall Masquerade Ball (March 3)
Its a nice idea, but events overlaps.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:35 am

Bah, awful shame! I may be able to bring it back to March the 2nd, though I'm not sure if anything's happening that day.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:38 am

Initiative: Community Mass. (Every Friday 20.00)
Duno tho if they keep it going that long. i would believe so.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:41 am

It is normally about 1.5 hours. We need a calander :p
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:04 am

The people attending a noble ball and the people going out to dig in the dirt would be two completely seperate groups, no?
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:13 am

Ezlbag wrote:The people attending a noble ball and the people going out to dig in the dirt would be two completely seperate groups, no?

Different characters!
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:49 am

Lexgrad wrote:It is normally about 1.5 hours. We need a calander :p

We do, or a list of weekly events. That would also be nice.

Edit: Oh nice Timna did it already Smile
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:12 pm

As ace as this event sounds, I'm afraid the direct requirement for GHI means I'll likely not be in attendance. I have next to zero interest in that addon. And well, provided you get the event moved to a non-conflicting day, I hope it goes well!
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Well, if the worst comes to the worst, we could postpone it another week to March 10.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:33 pm

Due to clashes with other events and such, the event has been postponed to March 10th.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down