Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde side Auction House ruined.

+21
Darilas
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Frostfeather
Kettin
Kaleil Sunstrike
Lexgrad
Rmuffn
Raene
Morinth
Gilran
Saevir
Muzjhath
Timna
Amaryl
erwtenpeller
Ralegh
Emrys
Vaell
Ixirar
Osuun
Solanum
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Horde side Auction House ruined. Empty Horde side Auction House ruined.

Post by Solanum Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Hello,
as some of you may have noticed, an individual by the name Contagion has been buying RP gear on the auction house (hordeside), and placing it back at ridiculous prices (thousands of gold for a lowbie green)
I approached the individual in a long conversation, where he claims to provide the RP community with a service by doing this.

Personally, when I place a nice RP weapon or robe or any other item on the AH hope that it finds it way to another roleplayer, so that they may enjoy it. Not to see some greedy bastard buy it, then to place it there again for 2000 gold.

Contagion however, has stated that he is doing the community a service with it, and that he never got a complaint from anyone from within the RP community.

So if it bothers you, that you can't make an RP item available for a reasonable price, send him -one- polite mail informing him that you disapprove of his method.
If it bothers you that you can't purchase any gear for a reasonable price, again, simply -one- polite mail towards Contagion.

Basically, if this is a thing that only bothers three people, he'll just get three mails.
But if he's a pest to the entire community, this is a great, yet polite way to let him know exactly how well loved his service is.

Thanks for reading,
Solanum

Solanum
Solanum

Back to top Go down

Horde side Auction House ruined. Empty Re: Horde side Auction House ruined.

Post by Osuun Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:25 pm

If you're that bothered about the items finding their way to RPers, don't put them on AH. Sell them in /2 to people with MRP if you REALLY want to only give them to RPers, otherwise, I don't really see the problem. People buy and sell like this to make money via AH. If nobody buys his stuff, then he'll stop posting it. If people continue to buy it, then there's not really any problem apart from them losing out on gold, which is their fault for buying a green for 2k gold.

*Derp /2=trade

Osuun

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:32 pm

Before I faction changed my rogue I was trying to get epic flying and got it because of him. If he makes money that way I don't care, I should've listed the items at higher prices though xD
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:41 pm

We could set up a little Auction House section on the forum. Link a screenshot of what the gear looks like in game + your price and people can bid/buyout. First come first serve.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:48 pm

Vaell wrote:We could set up a little Auction House section on the forum. Link a screenshot of what the gear looks like in game + your price and people can bid/buyout. First come first serve.

This is a nice suggestion.

I always find it enjoyable to watch the AH to find that nice piece of gear I wanted for a nice price, this might be my womanly urge to shop for nice steals, but this guy that is dominating the AH at the moment, kind of ruined that for me. Does not feel like much of a 'service', at least not one I actually wished for. Razz
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Post by Solanum Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:55 pm

Quinso wrote:If you're that bothered about the items finding their way to RPers, don't put them on AH. Sell them in /2 to people with MRP if you REALLY want to only give them to RPers, otherwise, I don't really see the problem. People buy and sell like this to make money via AH. If nobody buys his stuff, then he'll stop posting it. If people continue to buy it, then there's not really any problem apart from them losing out on gold, which is their fault for buying a green for 2k gold.

*Derp /2=trade

So, basically if I want RP-ers able to buy RP gear I can't use the auction house..
Worse even, if an RP-er wants to buy RP gear:
Without this guy: Checks the auction house, finds what they want, get it for somewhere between 10 or 200 gold.
With this guy: Needs to either pay a retarded amount of 2k for a 20 gold item.
Or, can wait till he logs on and buy the item they desire for 1.5k gold, paying alot of gold to the person that prevented them from picking it up for 20 gold.
Or, need to avoid the auctionhouse entirely.

Basically, simplifying it, RP-ers can't use the auction house in a normal fashion due to this nonsense.

And on a sidenote, use /2 for it? Seriously, do you wish to witness every green that looks remotely nice for RP spammed to death in this channel till one specific RP'er buys it because it matches their set? I don't, we should have an auction house for that sort of thing.
Solanum
Solanum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:17 am

Vaell wrote:We could set up a little Auction House section on the forum. Link a screenshot of what the gear looks like in game + your price and people can bid/buyout. First come first serve.
http://www.defiasrp.com/t59-the-exchange
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:52 am

Transmog drastically changed the economy. It's just just one guy, it's lots of people putting items up for elevated prices. Where a pointy hat would be 10g before mog, it now goes for at least 500g.

This also means that you can sell pretty items you find on your alts and don't need for the same prices, and make a decent sum that way.

The economy changed, deal with it.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:14 am

Ezlbag wrote:
http://www.defiasrp.com/t59-the-exchange
The thief stole my idea a year ago! Still, their system is more about "Looking to buy" where as mine is a "Looking to sell"
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 am

Delidah / Scuzy wrote:Transmog drastically changed the economy. It's just just one guy, it's lots of people putting items up for elevated prices. Where a pointy hat would be 10g before mog, it now goes for at least 500g.

This also means that you can sell pretty items you find on your alts and don't need for the same prices, and make a decent sum that way.

The economy changed, deal with it.

It -is- just one guy. Smile at least just one guy that does it in this fashion on such a massive scale. True prices have elevated slightly anyway, but -not- like this. This is mostly one person at work. He is buying up and selling most probably around a thousand RP items in the way described. When you browse the horde AH, you see nothing but the name 'Contagion' listed as the seller when it comes to these rediculouy prices RP pieces. The economy did not change, this is not simple supply/demand that has driven up the prices. If you have no clue what you're on about, don't say things like 'just deal with it', it sounds bitchy. Wink
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:38 am

Well it is "supply an demand" since if there's no demand, he won't sell it at such inflated prices.

and the people that put up the stuff for less, get bought aslo by him, so nobody loses out here...

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:44 am

The title is "Horde Side AH ruined".

If I know correctly there's some annoying person doing the same to the Alliance auction house! Razz
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:09 am

Amaryl wrote:Well it is "supply an demand" since if there's no demand, he won't sell it at such inflated prices.

and the people that put up the stuff for less, get bought aslo by him, so nobody loses out here...

The people that lose out are the RPers that do not want to buy nice pieces for 2k? He is trying to create some kind of monopoly.

I have always viewed supply/demand as something where things actually sell for certain prices, since people are willing to pay that price. The supply side can up their prices if people are willing to pay more. But here I mostly see the same pieces of gear (growing in numbers) just sitting there for around 2k gold on the AH.
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:13 am

Putting things up on the AH for 110000g doesn't mean that there's a demand for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:46 am

Emrys wrote:
Amaryl wrote:Well it is "supply an demand" since if there's no demand, he won't sell it at such inflated prices.

The people that lose out are the RPers that do not want to buy nice pieces for 2k? He is trying to create some kind of monopoly.

I have always viewed supply/demand as something where things actually sell for certain prices, since people are willing to pay that price. The supply side can up their prices if people are willing to pay more. But here I mostly see the same pieces of gear (growing in numbers) just sitting there for around 2k gold on the AH.
If he's been doing it for moer than two week's he's making money of it. Thus the demand is there.
Complain to the people buying the items for that price, not on him trying to sell them for it. Even if he gets 50 in game letters a day about his prices. As long as he sells he won't stop.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:48 am

Monopolizing a market by buying out any competition that tries to undercut you is a pretty common tactic, but it only works if the one doing it has enough gold on hand to keep buying out other suppliers until the market gives in and starts buying at his own prices.

The best way to stop him is to put up the items at huge prices that still undercut him (so that he either has to splurge a lot of money to buy you out, risk losing his sales or start lowering his prices).

You can also bypass the auction house and sell directly to other RP'ers, but that won't get rid of him as he'll inevitably get a sale or two that'll earn him back his investment.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:28 pm

I was thinking to have a talk with that guy yeah, his prices are ridiclous high if you ask me. And I'm not willing to pay 1800g for just one item...
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:51 pm

I've been cursing this guy ever since he started, most of my Real ID list knows of my hatred.

I once whispered him and asked if he'd mind lowering the price of an item cause hell, I don't even own 2k gold across all my alts. Paid for too many flying lessons... He replied to me that he was making a shit ton of gold from this, and that he wouldn't lower it. When I pointed it out that he was making a lot so wouldn't be losing much in taking some of the price off, he laughed at me.

I've just started buying up every cheap item I see so he can't get his paws on it. :3 If I get a lot, I'll make my own little 'market' if you will, and only sell them to people who actually want them for use, not to resell at extortionate prices. So if people want anything in particular, drop me a line in-game or on here. :3 I'll see if I have it in my collection, or if I can't nab it in the future.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Viloseth wrote:Hello,
as some of you may have noticed, an individual by the name Contagion has been buying RP gear on the auction house (hordeside), and placing it back at ridiculous prices (thousands of gold for a lowbie green)
I approached the individual in a long conversation, where he claims to provide the RP community with a service by doing this.

Personally, when I place a nice RP weapon or robe or any other item on the AH hope that it finds it way to another roleplayer, so that they may enjoy it. Not to see some greedy bastard buy it, then to place it there again for 2000 gold.

Contagion however, has stated that he is doing the community a service with it, and that he never got a complaint from anyone from within the RP community.

So if it bothers you, that you can't make an RP item available for a reasonable price, send him -one- polite mail informing him that you disapprove of his method.
If it bothers you that you can't purchase any gear for a reasonable price, again, simply -one- polite mail towards Contagion.

Basically, if this is a thing that only bothers three people, he'll just get three mails.
But if he's a pest to the entire community, this is a great, yet polite way to let him know exactly how well loved his service is.

Thanks for reading,
Solanum

I actually sent him a message earlier about this, without even reading this thread.

In the nicest possible way?

WHAT A CUNT.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Cba read posts. This happened on Alliance too however.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:39 pm

Ya know.... he has to get out and about some time. This is a PvP server... Why dont we just gank him til he cries and gives us our RP Gears!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Not really with flying mounts and no reason to leave Stormwind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Put your items up for say, 1500 of he buys them then your laughing, we need to start giving him competition.
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

http://sinbelore.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm also buying up lowbie green items. Will start storing them in the kalimdor corsairs. What you think mori? Clean up the bank and start our own green collection. If any one ever wants a looky we can go about showing u. Is there a website to allow people to browse a guilds build bank?
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:04 pm

OR even a guild called RP Auctions. Just a matter of having rpers have a lvl 1 alt in the guild and puting gold in the guild bank for the item just a matter of setting a single price or somthing.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next