Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Current State of DB' - solutions?

+31
Feydor
Sorayah
Dailor
Valestrion
Frostfeather
Quin
Baròth / Olian
William Helmsley
Geldar
Ave/Sariella
Lexgrad
Psykhe
Coppersocket
Timna
Skarain
erwtenpeller
Ron Sexton
Tso/Feloreth
Destiny
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Geneviève
Guldujenu
Drustai
Morinth
Killian
Ishap/Virock
itsy
Lyniath
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Lorainne/Bridlington
Melnerag
35 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

'Current State of DB' - solutions? - Page 4 Empty Re: 'Current State of DB' - solutions?

Post by Ledgic Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:02 pm

Perhaps merging the idea of creating a hub (though I'd prefer to call them "sub-hubs", I.E - Stormwind = Hub, Goldshire = Sub-Hub") and the proposed weekly events is a potential plan? Create an event that can actually span the week, though obviously it'll require extra work, and move it around the Stormwind Kingdom.

If it works, then extend that movement further.

I wouldn't suggest trying to turn another major alliance city into an alliance hub because it just won't work. A) You miss out on all the RP'ers that aren't on this forum. B) You can't simply expect Stormwind guilds to uproot and move to Ironforge, even if it is for the greater good. They can move temporarily with sufficient reason, but they can't move on a permanent basis.

Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

'Current State of DB' - solutions? - Page 4 Empty Re: 'Current State of DB' - solutions?

Post by Thelos Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:14 am

Drustai wrote:

I for one am tired of spending all of my time RPing in Stormwind. The cultist campaign and the Path of Conquest campaign were the best periods of time for Kalimdor RP in recent memory, and I'd really like to see that again.

Well okay, assuming you are not alone in this sentiment, it becomes pretty clearcut what has to be done here then. Why dont we switch the dial from negative and positive and start brainstorming about possible Kalimdor campaigns? Or if you're feeling really naughty, Outland campaigns! (Who am I kidding).

With regards to the latter, I've had the idea of a pilgramage to Shattrath combined with a memorial service at Auchindoun in the back of my mind for a while now, but I'm afraid the location and nature of this sort of event makes it too niche for today's purposes.

I guess the most important questions to ask onself when planning a campaign or long-term event in Kalimdor are:

1) The area
2) The enemy
3) And specific threat/plot of the conflict

This can be as simple as writing down some well known threats and areas and putting them all in a hat and draw them out at random. For example "Cultists [enemy] in Felwood [location] trying to summon Demons [threat]". Or "Horde/Orcs [enemy] cutting down forests in Ashenvale [threat/location]" Or Hell, even "Renegade cultists of the damned [enemy] besieging a town [threat] in Feralas [location].

It doesn't have to be something complicated, though you can make it more complicated by having actual players play the enemy of course; though from past experiences I would advice against having the Horde as actual enemies since the whole roleplay and world pvp do not seem to mix very well. Any time I've witnessed an event that tried to combine the two, it ended up in massive drama.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:17 am

Thelos wrote:Outland
Yay!

erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:14 pm

Thelos is godlike. Agree totally, just everyone can run a small event, set it up, advertise and do it! Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Well then I best work on a little draft for the pilgrimage idea, then.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:31 pm

'Current State of DB' - solutions? - Page 4 Facebook-like-button
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Killian Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:44 pm

is there not a /lfrp or some equal equivalent?
Killian
Killian

Character sheet
Name: Killian Roque
Title: Si:7 Operative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Pretty sure a few of those have sprung up over the years. Most of them ended up becoming giant bitchfests all the time. Could be wrong though, I just remember the horrors of /RPAlliance.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfeather Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:02 am

Lexgrad wrote:Agree totally, just everyone can run a small event, set it up, advertise and do it! Very Happy

* Remebers an epiode a few years ago on a realm far, far away*

[1. general] lvlone: LF somebody who wants to RP
[to lvlone]: Sure, I'm in the park.
[lvlone]: Cool. I am the hostage and you can be the terrorist and we just need to find someone to play the FBI agent
[to lvlone]: I'm sorry I'm not interested to RP anything but my character.

*silence*
[lvlone]: ok fine. You can be the FBI agent then

Laughing Laughing Laughing
True story.
Frostfeather
Frostfeather

Character sheet
Name: Khalida Frostfeather
Title: Sentinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:24 am

Ledgic Caan wrote:Create an event that can actually span the week, though obviously it'll require extra work

It wouldn't necessarily need to last an entire week, this would result in continuous events which would have up-sides and down-sides. Perhaps it can last three solid days or say and rotate around the various proposed hubs. So Duskwood, Ironforge, Gilneas, Stromgarde, Darnassus, Theramore etc. etc.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:47 am

Cyrdain wrote:
Ledgic Caan wrote:Create an event that can actually span the week, though obviously it'll require extra work

It wouldn't necessarily need to last an entire week, this would result in continuous events which would have up-sides and down-sides. Perhaps it can last three solid days or say and rotate around the various proposed hubs. So Duskwood, Ironforge, Gilneas, Stromgarde, Darnassus, Theramore etc. etc.

Well yeah, the only reason I proposed making it last the week was so the sub-hubs wouldn't die in activity after a few days. But if the "RP Caravan" shall we say, moves every few days rather than every week then it obviously makes sense to keep the events shorter.

I wouldn't say this is a solution to the overall dip in RP, but it's certainly something, eh? If we can get that going, then we can start coming up with things to put into place with regards to reigniting Stormwind RP to a level that satisfies everyone.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:53 am

Just set that shit up and see who joins, son. :3
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:50 pm

We, Dwarves, are kinda forced to go in Stormwind if we want to have Roleplay with other Roleplayers , because there is barely any Rpers in Ironforg apart from TTH. Would be good if someone from "outside" would also come to our Senate or just to hang in Ironforge.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:07 pm

I've looked around a couple of times, but I've never actually seen anyone roleplaying in Ironforge. Sad
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Delidah / Scuzy wrote:I've looked around a couple of times, but I've never actually seen anyone roleplaying in Ironforge. Sad
That's because of the stench in that place, a mixture of beer, melted iron and dwarf sweat. Can't even look at the sky *cringes*
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:27 pm

Mandui wrote:
Delidah / Scuzy wrote:I've looked around a couple of times, but I've never actually seen anyone roleplaying in Ironforge. Sad
That's because of the stench in that place, a mixture of beer, melted iron and dwarf sweat. Can't even look at the sky *cringes*

Sounds like a night club I know! Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 pm

Then I guess you came at the wrong time! Very Happy
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Sounds like a night club I know! Very Happy
Are women all hairy there too?
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:40 pm

Gilran wrote:

Then I guess you came at the wrong time! Very Happy
I shall keep trying, then.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Mandui wrote:
Lexgrad wrote:Sounds like a night club I know! Very Happy
Are women all hairy there too?

Kinda Sad Ale is good tho so it isnt a problem.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4