Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Current State of DB' - solutions?

+31
Feydor
Sorayah
Dailor
Valestrion
Frostfeather
Quin
Baròth / Olian
William Helmsley
Geldar
Ave/Sariella
Lexgrad
Psykhe
Coppersocket
Timna
Skarain
erwtenpeller
Ron Sexton
Tso/Feloreth
Destiny
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Geneviève
Guldujenu
Drustai
Morinth
Killian
Ishap/Virock
itsy
Lyniath
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Lorainne/Bridlington
Melnerag
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

'Current State of DB' - solutions? - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Current State of DB' - solutions?

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:24 pm

And who crowned you king of the server, eh? Once I get deli back on track, i intend to RP all over the place, travel the world a little.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

'Current State of DB' - solutions? - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Current State of DB' - solutions?

Post by Skarain Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Nobody. They are just throwing suggestions how to get the world filled with roleplaying with less guild bounds, as squeezing most roleplayers into the same space would make it easy to....lets say....a mercenary to leave the pig and go watch a night elf regiment doing practice fighting, maybe joining them if they allow, or going watch a gathering of all religious people in an argument how they should act when the druids and priestess of elune took over an area and considering a build a moonwell there. in the heart of human society
(Oh i would like it so much to be able to call a fountain a little different "Moonwell" Very Happy)

Last edited by Skarain on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Hub suggestion. No, I'm serious.

Goldshire.

Why? It's small. People won't go, "Where there!?" and you can play almost anything. A bypasser, traveller, a market, whatever. Nor is it exceptionally "cultisty" etc.

It's a crossroads. Close enough to the City, too, at that. Anyone can make reason to go there, I'm sure.

Last edited by Timna on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:35 pm

So many snide remarks are made on these forums. Can we please remain on the topic here, without drawing swords?

EDIT: Hadn't seen the latest comments. Sorry. : )

I completely agree with Genevieve on this point.
Do you have an idea (concept) of how this will work out, Melnerag?

Last edited by Tsurana/Lorainne on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:38 pm

All of this because Melnerag proposed a hub, seriously? Some people on this server make me cringe.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:42 pm

List-o-hubs:

Stormwind (includes Elwynn, Duskwood and Lakeshire)
Ironforge
Aerie Peak
Ruins of Gilneas
Feathermoon Hold
Theramore
Something-something-place in Stonetalon

Anything else kinda lacks the fascilities. I think Stormwind Kingdom offers the greatest variety of low-level, easily accessible stuff. Two mage towers, numerous taverns, a keep, a cathedral, graveyards, catacombs, caves, mines, fields, houses in the wilderniss, bright jolly places, dark gloomy places.

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:46 pm

I'd have to agree that the Kingdom of Stormwind (Stormwind City, Elwynn Forest, Westfall, Duskwood and Lakeshire) would be the best location. Like stated by yourself, it offers the best facilities and environments required by said guilds and organisations.
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:47 pm

What I would vouch for is:

Say, for example, we make this hub for 2 months. We can spend the first weeks in SW, then Westfall, then duskwood, finally Redridge. Of course with reasons, a plot/story behind it etc.

Secondly I wouldn't mind to bring RP to Khaz Modan either.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:51 pm

I vouch for Stormwind and it's surrounding provinces. It makes the most sense to have all races there and it holds some of the best facilities.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:54 pm

Ironforge DOES have the Ironforge itself, Kharanos, New Tinker Town, some good caves and tunnels, some outlying houses and of course such jewels as Thelsamar. So I would consider it a second best (because it doesn't have anything properly 'dark' like Duskwood)
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:57 pm

You people are too focused on there "being a problem.", Stormwind may, or may not be the best place for Alliance Roleplayers? Who cares.

As long as you can enjoy yourself, there's not much to complain about yes? Not every roleplayer will be roses, sure. But that's just how things work, that's how things always has worked.

The location is not the problem, it's the people who try avoid the 'bad' who are the problem, because they do not try to help make it improve.

Ie. You are the fault.

I RP in stormwind, and while things may be shité one day, it may be quite fun the other. Such is life.

Stop overthinking things and just do what the hell you feel is most fitting for you.

/GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Yeah...as been said, some people think it will simply be a benefit for the server (even if the server is fine according to you, it can be a benefit never the less, no?) and think it's fun - to have a new RP hub for all of us where we can RP together and what might lead to interesting situations. As been said as well, you don't have to join in.

The following hasn't been said but I'll say it now, leave such irrelevant comments out of this thread please.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Psykhe Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:20 pm

I shall give my view in short.
Rp hubs:
Can make a few get new "Friends" icly.
Can make more bonds between guilds.
Minus side:
Tends to die out fast and tends to cause a quite big bit of ooc drama.
Those who doesnt at all, ever go out and try to rp with someone they have not before, still wont.

I have been here since vanilla and no that doesnt make me more knowledgeable than anyone else.. but the main problem to me, seems to be that people dont at all dare to leave their current circle of roleplayers and seek out someone else to rp with..

Actually seeking that random roleplay.
I think we could favour a lot more.. If people just dared to take a step away from their usual circle of roleplay friends. But thats just me ^^
It works wonderful for me atleast. And even if I dont have chars in every guild there is anymore, it doesnt mean I dont interact with other guilds or people who walk by Smile
Psykhe
Psykhe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Indeed, really it all lies with RPers. Much of the issues are foolish, we complained 12 months ago about a lack of hubs and then they cropped up everywere then 6 months ago it was the death of random RP ect ect. So it is clear the community can make things happen but maybe we havent found the right thing to change yet.

I was boosting a friend yesterday, also a GM, and his take on things are "That people complain about a lack of RP and ther solution is to quit or stur discontent, how can that help anything. The only solution is to RP" But the thing I feel is a large section of the server cant find RP as they can only RP if others take them by the hand to it. I have never found a time where I could not walk around Stormwind between 7-00 and 12-00 and not be RPing with others; Even as a DK. But can everyone do this? In the various guilds I have been an officer in... mostly no, they go OCC until an officer comes on and sorts stuff for them to do. This should not be the GMs job, the GM should log to find their guild playing nicely and then contact other guilds and set up mixed events and IC Drama ect!

On the subject of drama... We all know IC =/= OCC but do we really play to that rule? One good bit of IC drama is some excelent RP with the Blades. IC it is a bitter feud with each side convinced they are in the right. OCC it is a good laugh between friends. On the other hand I have to concider my RP with my DK as when he is at the stage that he needs to hurt someone for something rather than the other char thinking "well... i did piss him off (IC ofc) it ends up with OOC them /w me, telling me why I am RPing wrong. IC-OOC. OOC I do not wish to hurt anyone and your souls are totally save.

The guilds genuinly, maybe for this reason, shy away from clashing. SW at times are a game of happy families. The Shroud are out for thmselves as is Jarric. OOC wecan have a laugh and I love to have friends, IC if you stand in our way you will be trampled!

So in summery, Everyone needs to stop waiting to be spoon fed RP and make some themselves freeing there officers to plan the big stuff for them rather than the every day RP. Secondly IC=/=OOC. Thirdly, stop being all friendly with each other.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Solutions people! Stay on topic!
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:41 pm

And also be positive, run some events off your own back. We have and always will lose people but we have enough good RPers for some to make the next step and become the next great RPers, it could be you.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:43 pm

I vote for stormwind, i adore the place and those around, sadly i lack ideas.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:46 pm

I'd really prefer not to see an Elwynn or Darkshire as the hub.

Why?

Very simple... random human territories are only attractive to random human guilds. Elwynn has nothing to offer the other races. It's human farmland, the only guilds that truly function there are those that have a stake in human farmland.

Stormwind is a far superior locale for a hub because in lore it's already exactly that. It's a melting pot of cultures, as races of all kinds come to it for whatever Alliance business they currently have on hand. It is very easy for most races to find reason to come to Stormwind. This is not the case for random human towns and lands.

I believe I expressed these same sentiments when the Elwynn thing started last time.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Psykhe Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:47 pm

And in regards of not enough characters dying:
It creates a lot of good roleplay when someone dies. I have killed off too many chars to count since I started. I still do see some characters from my first days here who is not dead. Which is both good and bad.

I am all in favour for people dying, even if you are a guild leader -officer- it doesnt need to be so that you loose your position. Just rp a way to get that position on another character, roleplay out the situation the lack of said people affects the guilds. It is fun ^^

However I do see why people dont like the dying part if :
Random person walks down the street, kills your character off for no good reason. This is a game, so killing people off: sure^^ Make it a good reason to do so: Appriciated^^

People should also offer to make up some rp plot lines, giving the bad guys someone to kill^^ And more importantly someone who might actually stay dead ^^ So we dont have a huge pile of people running around after having been ressed with necromancy. Some yes, all not so good ^^
Psykhe
Psykhe

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Didn't people say on the last great guild meeting of almost all officers and leaders of RP guilds and RP projects on DB that the RP is fine and there are no problems?

What I'd suggest is weekly small events that would prompt the interest of people, nothing grand, just small casual little events that could get people to gather in different hubs and work it up from there.

And I for one know that William from House of Helmsley has some great ideas planned so might go poke him to post here.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Geldar wrote:Didn't people say on the last great guild meeting of almost all officers and leaders of RP guilds and RP projects on DB that the RP is fine and there are no problems?

What I'd suggest is weekly small events that would prompt the interest of people, nothing grand, just small casual little events that could get people to gather in different hubs and work it up from there.

And I for one know that William from House of Helmsley has some great ideas planned so might go poke him to post here.

Agreed, and it doesnt take much before a small event that one guild plans becomes a small event that 2 guilds share.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by William Helmsley Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:13 pm

Indeed, I've got some stuff brewing, working on the details of a weekly event at present, one that will be open to a large number of people. I will need people to help run it though, so if you feel like pulling a load for the community, don't be afraid to contact me and I'll give you what details I have. There will be a post on this soon-ish.

There's other stuff in the making too - As I see it, the server needs more weekly banners to gather around, as it will ultimately carry over and people will form guilds, make events of their own and generally RP more when stuff is happening regularly.

Edit: Oh yes, the weekly event thingy I'm plotting out is intended to be a weekly market day kind of thing, with all that comes with it and maybe a little more.

Last edited by William Helmsley on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
William Helmsley
William Helmsley

Character sheet
Name: William Helmsley
Title: Lord Helmsley's heir

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Sounds good =o
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Baròth / Olian Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:32 pm

One thing I've always thought that should've been done is specific times for RP at different RP spots, like on Sundays at 16:00 server time, people gather in Darkshire (or any other place for that matter. ) and just RP as they like.
Baròth / Olian
Baròth / Olian

Back to top Go down

Post by Destiny Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Baròth / Olian wrote:One thing I've always thought that should've been done is specific times for RP at different RP spots, like on Sundays at 16:00 server time, people gather in Darkshire (or any other place for that matter. ) and just RP as they like.

This is actually a very good idea... This way we would be able to actually rp in all of the hubs around Stormwind, Ironforge and wherever..
Destiny
Destiny

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Blake
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next