Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dream - Server Merge Pure RP

+19
Rae Wulfgnar
Hermie
Azmariel
Morinth
Gesh
Lexgrad
Skarain
Ron Sexton
Mandui
Muzjhath
Seranita
Tyrós/Cále
Timna
Eodan
itsy
Saevir
Ave/Sariella
Lorainne/Bridlington
Kettin
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Dream - Server Merge Pure RP - Page 2 Empty Re: A Dream - Server Merge Pure RP

Post by Ave/Sariella Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Oh, that might be why its starting to lag.. Its apple, shit for gaming in most cases.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

A Dream - Server Merge Pure RP - Page 2 Empty Re: A Dream - Server Merge Pure RP

Post by Seranita Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:28 pm

yes poor cooling and probably ram issues at least in tala's case unlucky my frend :S
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:46 pm

*Joins the club and dreams*

Well the most we can probably do is to make Defias the best rp server in Eu, thus people would move here = More rpers --> More rp

I actually had some time ago a guy from....i dont remember where, but anyways he was thinking of moving his entire rp guild here. [Gilneas liberation front] i believe. I dont know what did happen to him, did he actually move or not, but that is just a single example.

There are people interested to move from rp server to another.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:54 pm

That would be nice to bring in some good quality guilds and rpers from other servers. Fresh meat =D. Also Skarain I love your Avi!
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks Smile
i love it to ^^

Psst: Skarains boyfriend is missing. Now its your chance!
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:10 pm

Got it! Your now my wife!. This topic wasnt meant for me to claim wives but its working out nice Very Happy. Would love to hear some police ideas for this dream server, as in how to stop not ooc so much but people who abuse the rp policys.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:23 pm

You'd need a bigger Stormwind I'd say. More empty common streets to be explored and used.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:35 pm

I would like invisible gms who atrol the server kicking lolers where they see them. And all the AH and HP/VP vendors ect moved to one area leaving the rest of the city for RP. Cant wait til the oocers move to panda land.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:56 pm

Roleplayers can still raid and PVP.. for anyone, not aware of that.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:55 pm

I like RP, PvP and PvE! Being a pure RP server wouldn't stop me from doing the other two either. I know a lot of RP'ers who are great at everything!
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Morinth wrote:I like RP, PvP and PvE! Being a pure RP server wouldn't stop me from doing the other two either. I know a lot of RP'ers who are great at everything!

*Cough Cough* Smile

Know me already?
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet
Name: Azmariel Dunmar
Title: Archduchess of nevergonnahappen

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:36 pm

This dream pure RP thing can have a section of it set explicitly for OOC, such as PvP, PvE etc where these "invisible GM's" can't kick them for it.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Indeed just move it all somewere that is not in our way.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Azmariel wrote:
Morinth wrote:I like RP, PvP and PvE! Being a pure RP server wouldn't stop me from doing the other two either. I know a lot of RP'ers who are great at everything!

*Cough Cough* Smile

Know me already?

No Sad
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:29 pm

*joins the club*

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:35 pm

Well if you got rid of all OOCers, then where would you find new potential rpers? When I first came to this server I had no intentions or rping and I too spent small amounts of time lolling around rpers until one day, the fantastic mr.Girloy from the three hammers yelled at me in whispers for not playing by the rp rules and then I changed into a dedicated rper! Not all rage-whispers would fall on deaf ears, I believe..its just giving those a chance. >.> I feel embarassed now that I used to be an OOCer loller but thats just how it is!
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Wulfgnar brings a good point.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrós/Cále Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Ave wrote:Oh, that might be why its starting to lag.. Its apple, shit for gaming in most cases.
Monrena (Chareshia) wrote:yes poor cooling and probably ram issues at least in tala's case unlucky my frend :S
Going into detail about my computer specifically was a bit off topic to begin with, and I don't want this to descend into an Apple vs. Windows debate, but for the record, new iMacs don't have cooling issues, and ever since Apple started using Intel Core Processors that has meant no gaming issues either. The whole "apple is crap for gaming" was only true because not all games were released for Mac, but now worst case I fire up BootCamp and play in Windows mode. It was a reasonable claim about five years ago, but not anymore.

99% of the time the game runs with no lag whatsoever, even when people around me get lag. But my point was, even my relatively new computer still has that 1% of times where it doesn't run perfectly, so imagine people sitting with computers that are three or four years old, or more. Computers "age" insanely fast these days. So to move back to what my original point was; massive crowds in a city is no problem for -me-, but the people I usually RP with wouldn't be able to play the game anymore. Or at least not enjoy it since they would DC all the time.

Aldranin wrote:You'd need a bigger Stormwind I'd say. More empty common streets to be explored and used.
B-bigger? I still literally get lost in Stormwind because it's so frickin' HUGE!. xD
Tyrós/Cále
Tyrós/Cále

Character sheet
Name: Cale Lightsinger
Title: Patriarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Compared to cities in some MMO's all WoW cities are rather small. Some of them are just quite messy.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Teehee, I was a random nub too! Until I bumped into the Stranded Pirates one day while doing some quests in the Crossroads. They could tell I had never RP'd in my life, but they took me in when they saw that I at least tried to RP back instead of LOLing at them. xD Now I RP all the time. I was so bad... My first attempt, I accidently put a smiley at the end when I replied to them, but they were so kind! xD Ruarck forced me to change the "Beginner Roleplayer" tab on my Flagrsp2 within a few days. :>
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:53 pm

I think to many role players have this inbuilt pessimistic view towards OOCers, even if they don't choose to role play themselves, it doesn't mean they shouldn't have a right to be on our server. Not that I'm a fan of rule-breaking trollers, but I hope you can see my point. Sometimes it's nice to just play the game, instead of role playing in it.

And as Wulf said, sometimes OOCers learn to enjoy role playing!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:01 am

... Ya'no.

The way I figured it out is...

When their new MMO is released, they'll want to cut down money on WoW pretty quickly... Less GM's, development, content aaaand... Hosting servers.

Well, that is the way I actually -hope- it goes. Why? Then they will merge servers, create Drama over what and before we know it, a full-fledged, drama-filled, GodModes, OP Culting with shining paladins off love, RP Server for us to spend our spiteful time on.

Maybe then, I'll quit wow.
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:21 am

They won't do that, because they have two entirely different teams. In fact, the people that will be getting cut are a good chunk of the people working on the new MMO, as they will no longer need as many people developing it once it's been released.

WoW is not 'sharing' developers or time with the new MMO. Possibly budget, but then the game spends far more money in its development than after release... and we haven't seen any real loss in WoW yet. If they were having money problems, we would have already seen it.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:26 am

Azmariel, Blizz get so bloody filthy amounts of money from WoW subs so as long as active subscriptions stay anywhere above two million players they have so much "WoW" money they can keep a staff, develop content for it, and have it running and still make an extreme proffit.
Most of the sub is just pure profic. (Look at how much you pay in subscriptions between each expansion. Look at the content patches. Are those contentpatches worth all you pay?)
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmariel Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:17 am

It's called a dream for a reason, damnit!

Now I need to get the glue....
Azmariel
Azmariel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next