Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Friars of the pure words

+3
Valerias
Osmand
Lexgrad
7 posters

Go down

[A] Friars of the pure words Empty [A] Friars of the pure words

Post by Lexgrad Sun May 29, 2011 11:36 pm

Our Light Outshines all Darkness

The light is in us all; it never wains or darkens.
To sin is to filter that light, The source remains,
but it shines through a film of grey.

Teachings of the most Pure Friar Colm

(ooc) The friars of the pure words are a community who seek to spread the light through good works and preaching the "words". They mainly follow the teachings of peace purity and poverty as taught in the book of words. They also follow the teachings of Rodric the mystic, (a poet and mystic who ic stood trial for heresy but was found innocent).

To become a Friar takes dedication and a life time of discipline and to undertake three vows; namly a vow to live pure (no erp, eating meat, smoking or imbibing) to live in poverty and a vow of pacifism (icly expect to take a few kickings XD)

We are looking for priests for now, but if you want to join as a lay member (ie not ordained) that is fine. Our mission house is in the cathedral district at the moment. (town hall) please drop by to dedicate your life to peace and the light (or to just roll play, we will also preach to criminals and warlocks/other heretics so if you are a member of the dark side, we promise we wont burn you!).

/w me or Arkson in game for details.

Our Voice is the Word
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Friars of the pure words Empty Re: [A] Friars of the pure words

Post by Osmand Mon May 30, 2011 12:18 pm

More Light guilds the better in my opinion. Those books you have ahm 'the book of words' never heard of it before. Is it a GHI book ?
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet
Name: Brother Osmand Lightguard
Title: Abbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon May 30, 2011 12:50 pm

yep, half way through writing them. Once I have finished everyone is welcome to one. Mostly we are a middle of the road light guild so if anyone else wants to use it or parts of it for their own guilds thats cool, mostly it would be stuff that is common to all of the Church of light (except for the heretic bits XD).

Anyone who wants to write a page or two that would be great! Think of it a creative challange Smile

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmand Mon May 30, 2011 1:44 pm

I will have to have a looksie at this when I get back on wow...we shall see if your heretics or not!
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet
Name: Brother Osmand Lightguard
Title: Abbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Mon May 30, 2011 1:50 pm

I love this idea! Very Franciscan. I think it'd make a great addition to the RP community, something really fresh.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon May 30, 2011 2:14 pm

Valerias wrote:I love this idea! Very Franciscan. I think it'd make a great addition to the RP community, something really fresh.

They are mostly what the guild is about, playing the franciscans to the chapters (poor misguided people) Dominicans.

I have the guild ranks sorted too, hopefully they will offer a good structer to your char story arc.

Pilgrim-The lay members of the Abbey. They can be friends or benifactors to the order, belivers and the faithful, or can undertake some religious duties without being ordained.

Aspirant-so you have decided to take the martyrs path? Well the first steps are to donate all your possessions to the order and to cut your hair in the manner of the friars (bald or Tonsure for men, short/shaved for women). You have become an aspirant. As you progress from the basic duties of this position you will be given a teacher from the Friars or the Deacons. Once you are ready you will take the vows.

Friars-welcome brother/sister, you have made it, with the help of the light, to the stage of Friar. By this point you have taken your vows and understand the teachings of the order. You would have taken a patron from all the now dead martyrs and priests of the church of light and taken their teachings in perticular to heart. You will be expected to be able to quote and read from the book of words as well as helping to run the day to day practices of the order.

Deacon-Having undertaken a mission to heathern lands at great danger to yourself, showing great faith and bravery you have joined the Deaconhood of the order. These are the friars that run the order for the interests of the people of azeroth and the interests of the order. Upon the death of the abbot a replacement will be voted from the deacons.

The Abbot-a paragon of the light of course :p
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Mon May 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Dreth wrote:
Valerias wrote:I love this idea! Very Franciscan. I think it'd make a great addition to the RP community, something really fresh.

They are mostly what the guild is about, playing the franciscans to the chapters Dominicans.
This is very true, the Albigensian Crusade is definitely something the Chapter would have done. Anyway, looking good, I've spoken to Dreth quite a bit regarding the guild and I'm looking forward to some heated-debates between your clergy and ours.
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon May 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Corleth/Greagoir wrote:
Dreth wrote:

They are mostly what the guild is about, playing the franciscans to the chapters Dominicans.
This is very true, the Albigensian Crusade is definitely something the Chapter would have done. Anyway, looking good, I've spoken to Dreth quite a bit regarding the guild and I'm looking forward to some heated-debates between your clergy and ours.

Sure thing! once I get some XD

Interestingly the cathars might have links to gnostic duelists, im planning Rodric's teachings to be kinda of the same vain, maybe a slightly light heavy duelism but the friars will at least acknowledge the shadow even if they do not value it. Like a force that grows in the lack of the light, opposite but unwanted. They are more into saving heretics anyway rather than the KILL KILL KILL methods used by our friends in the chapter, due to their beliefs that even the most evil of beings have the light inside them.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Mon May 30, 2011 5:31 pm

It is better to save a mans soul than save his life!

The best way to save a heretic's soul is either repentance and joining Anethionean faith, or being burnt/shot/sliced/stabbed/nutted/walloped/slashed/bottled/ka-powed/etc, etc.
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon May 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Corleth/Greagoir wrote:It is better to save a mans soul than save his life!

The best way to save a heretic's soul is either repentance and joining Anethionean faith, or being burnt/shot/sliced/stabbed/nutted/walloped/slashed/bottled/ka-powed/etc, etc.

The light is in us all; it never wains or darkens. To sin is to filter that light, The source remains, but it shines through a film of grey. I say, wipe that dirt away, friars, it is your mission, clean these people, let their light shine once more.

Teachings of the most pure Friar Colm.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Mon May 30, 2011 6:53 pm

I can forsee some fun IC arguments \o/
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue May 31, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks all for the council tonight, I hope you where all moved by the purity of my words XD

If anyone is wishing to undertake any rp, and you think a blessing or a small reading will add some colour to it, please /w me or mail me here!

Smile
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue May 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Well.. Gavriel will probably beg for a little prayer everytime you preach. Stop by Eastvale if you're bored. Don't look at him as a pious man though. Just a simpleton liking to count his blessings.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue May 31, 2011 8:39 pm

Never hurt to get a bleessing from as many priests as he can! Will make sure I pop by Smile
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Hm, in my busy times I have forgotten to offer this sooner Sad If you need another hand to write some texts and light stuff, let me know. I already have a scribing char and won't make yet another one, but I don't mind helping a hand OOCly.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 am

Love to JP! Will be seeing you tomorrow anyway, have the first chapter of the teachings of the most peaceful Friar Colm sorted if you need a reading!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Astraea Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:40 am

Corleth/Greagoir wrote:It is better to save a mans soul than save his life!

Mew... O.o

Good luck on the guild though Very Happy
Astraea
Astraea

Character sheet
Name: Astraea
Title: Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks astraea, it looks like Arkson needs a hiding place!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Is this organisation still alive? Just wondering..
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Yarp, just 2 of us mind but we do our thing healing the ill, preaching the words... interested?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down