Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival

+21
erwtenpeller
Sonitus
Drustai
itsy
Morinth
Jemerick
Dailor
Ron Sexton
Skarain
Hermie
Destiny
Dharum
Feydor
Ishap/Virock
Nessra Sunwhisper
Lorainne/Bridlington
Rmuffn
Magaskawee/Anaei
Ara
Gustov
Ataris
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Empty Re: [Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival

Post by Ataris Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Thanks for coming everyone! We had a great turnout, everyone involved really, really enjoyed it and you can most certainly look forward to another Festival with even more fun attractions next year! Very Happy

Hope you all had has fun as I did!
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Empty Re: [Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival

Post by Drustai Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:45 pm

glilya wrote:
Dailor wrote:Just from a forsaken pow (played worgen up to lvl 60:ish).. Why are you even at Gilneas? That should equal a deathwish, considering the amount of plague used to get that area.

As far as I'm aware most of the actual city of Gilneas and the lands beyond that are still under Alliance control. The Alliance encampments outside the cathedral certainly suggest that. And at the end of the Silverpine quest chain the Gilneans had actually pushed the Forsaken entirely back and beyond the Greymane wall - I'm pretty sure that when Sylvannas kidnapped Lorna Crowley she only forced the worgen back behind the Wall and out of Silverpine, not out of Gilneas completely.

This.

The Alliance actually pushed the Forsaken out of Gilneas during the Forsaken quests. Right now it's a stalemate more or less with the Forsaken trying to push back into the country (Battle of Gilneas starts with Alliance defending from the mainland with the Horde invading by ship. Alliance has the 'high ground', so to speak).

*Edit* Proof:

Spoiler:

Alliance troops patrol Gilneas for Horde players after the completion of all the Forsaken quests. Sadly, Alliance players don't see these.

Anyway, thank you everyone for showing! It was a lot of fun. Smile

Last edited by Drustai on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:59 am

Not to mention plague was never even used further than the top of Gilneas City, anything south of the city was not infected by it. Keel Harbour, location for the event, was far from such plaguesque treatments.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:53 am

Ok Im knackered, but just wanted to get this up before I K.O.
Had a great time! I was so impressed by the turnout for the festival overall it was awesome to see lots of people wondering about that were not in the the 30 man (or so) raid! Though I know we were missing some and lost others as the night went on.
Also a big shout to Kwelan! Thank you so much for your help, you did'nt have to but I appreciate it, I was a little worried IC/OOC when fighting broke out in the Fortune queue but you helped calm it down and made people stop bargeing in while I tried to type.
But it was great fun!
So... Pictures.

[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Prep10

Cap'n Corpulus (Mens costumed winner fyi) and his scurvy dogs (excluding Kwelan) prepare for the night aheads fetivities.

[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Hallow10

A nice picture that gives some scale to the event, though it does'nt do it justice as one's camera only zooms out so far! However many more did arrive later on to join the fun! (Believe me @.@).

[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Hallow12

Our very own Harvest Cleric (Mikhael) kicks off with a speech to the people gathered after which Niara (Alpha of the Pack) declares festivities officially underway!

And of course... What did I do whist everyone was celebrating Hallows End?

[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Damn_q10

I played Mystic-Friggin-Meg!
But in all fairness I loved it... My favorite /w to Kwelan was along the lines of...
Kwelan whispers: 4 more...
Mystic Mort Whispers: Till Im done? Very Happy
Kwelan whispers: I mean 4 more in the queue...
Mystic Mort: ...
Mystic Mort: I HAVE A QUEUE?!

Bitching aside I throughly enjoyed it, it was a great chance to meet old friends and new people all together!
It was also a pleasure to give some variety to many people with the entertainment I offered IC...
Some happy, some sad, many with some food for thought and ideas on personal growth. My favorite parts became when people said "That's... Strangly accurate", I wanted a different experience for all and there was no whispers asking personal details, I guessed what I could from appearence guild and names, using real knowledge of the 21 Major Arcana (and in some places ctrl-v, though no sentance was wholy copied only definitons I needed typed quickly) which came together to make some nice Cold Reading (as well as some healthy melodrama).

OVERALL I NEED A DAMNED ACHIEVMENT- I RPED FOR LIKE... 30 OR SO PEOPLE, AND I MADE IT DAMMIT... EVERY DAMN ONE (from 20:00 server time till 2:00, I did start a little before the opening ceremony also).
UNLESS THEY LEFT THE QUEUE... So Sorry to anyone who got bored by the wait, there was a lot of characters to get through. But a massive thanks to those who stuck out in the wind and rain (and apprantly potions)... Especially those scantilly clad might I cladd! ;D

So that was my evening... Well spent actually, I hope I wasted some good time of other people too Very Happy
Looking forward to seeing what everyone else got up to (heard in chat Gray's kettle was doing good? :3), I was somewhat housebound. Thanks for coming everyone!
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:54 am

My name is light blue. :'3

*Melts into a puddle of joy.*
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:03 am

pfffttt only 1 tip from ricky...tight arses the lot of 'ya Crying or Very sad

Next year less booze
[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Wowscr49
[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Wowscr52
[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Wowscr53
[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Wowscr54
[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Wowscr55
[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Wowscr56
[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Wowscr57
[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Wowscr58
[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Wowscr59
[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Wowscr60
[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Wowscr61
[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 Wowscr62
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:02 am

I possibly have a screenshot or two, but don't expect anything big Mortior! (Giggity)
Am currently unable to post them, but will do so later.

Once again: thank you everyone for coming! I had a great time, and I hope you did too! "Gray's Kettle" was a grand success!
*Secretly glares at Mortior's queue* Bastard...
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:16 am

Shame Deli had to miss it.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:20 am

Write those diaries, Delidah!
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:22 am

Working on it as we speak. Just finished the bit about "the cabin in winterspring" Razz

You can proofread if you want?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:24 am

It's an enchanted cottage, you culture barbarian! No better than your brother, Thelos. *Shakes head*

Oh, I'd love to! One moment, I'll send you a PM.
(We're being very off-topic here)
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:30 am

It doesn't really matter whether you write in American or English, as long as you remain consistent. Great literature was written in American English, you know.

Actually I remember having an argument with my English teacher over this who was trying to force English spelling on to me. I convinced her to let me write in American language as long as I remained consistent. I've been trying to ever since!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:06 am

Thelos wrote:It doesn't really matter whether you write in American or English, as long as you remain consistent. Great literature was written in American English, you know.

Actually I remember having an argument with my English teacher over this who was trying to force English spelling on to me. I convinced her to let me write in American language as long as I remained consistent. I've been trying to ever since!

Does your teacher try to get you to speak "proper" english, and not the american/tv kind?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonitus Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:25 am

Tsurana/Lorainne wrote:*Secretly glares at Mortior's queue* Bastard...

*Skull shades flip over eye's*

Didnt stop me loving it ;D
...In hindsight perhaps I should have charged?
Sonitus
Sonitus

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corpulus Soulhowl Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:40 am

Faralan wrote:My name is light blue. :'3

*Melts into a puddle of joy.*

He's OURS!>:3

Joking aside though I was blown away by the turn out, was fantastic. Thanks to each and everyone that attended it was -immense- fun. Personal highlights :

- The poignancy of the hallowed speech and the somewhat epic play of the seasons.

- Everyone who provided entertainment/goods for the night. I myself got completely outsold by a street urchin and had to go person to person at Mystic Mort's queue at her suggestion to sell anything worth while T_T (FYI for the gnomes that bought the illusion pots : LEGENDS )

Now if you'll excuse me, I still have vast quantities of sulfuron slammer, ale and rum to drink.
Corpulus Soulhowl
Corpulus Soulhowl

Character sheet
Name: Corpulus Soulhowl
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:58 am

Corpulus Soulhowl wrote:I myself got completely outsold by a street urchin and had to go person to person at Mystic Mort's queue at her suggestion to sell anything worth while T_T

Cool
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:58 am

Thanks for the event. Free fortune telling and free booze, who could complain?!

I'll be sure to attend the next year's event too Smile
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:19 am

It turns out I only took one screenshot... Sad

[Alliance, October 29, 21:00 server time] The Hallowed Festival - Page 2 WoWScrnShot_102911_220707

"Gray's Kettle" was open for business all evening! I served many flavours of tea, a wide variety of pastries and a nonexistent fee, it seems. Yes, people left without paying...
This building is exactly how I've always wanted the it, but have been unable to due to the horrible architecture of Stormwind.
I also enjoyed using my macros, despite failing at writing them.
At the peak I had ten customers. Eleven including myself!

Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Look i see corp Very Happy .I should have charged more... I'm going to start hording away my Bobshine for next year in the Crow's nest as I like to call it.At least then Corp can't get his hands on it
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:55 pm

A great event, and despite the wait I really enjoyed the fortune telling, too! A big thanks to you all for the effort, looking forward to any future events you may host.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Kaina loved the ale. Too bad that mean dwarf made her drop it. Sad I'd have dropped to the floor and lapped it up myself!
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:10 pm

awwwwww Bartender Bob is so happy to hear that
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:30 pm

OMFG. I saw meeeeeeee! And that potion fight in the que all started because I was too low a level to actually use them and was being teased in GChat Sad

But I made them pay!.... And the two humans infront of me too! *cackle* Very Happy

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2