Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad.

+53
Solanum
Azmariel
Lorainne/Bridlington
Gustov
Timna
Ave/Sariella
Sonitus
itsy
Skarain
Aadaria-Ioanna
Rasonal Dranger
Psykhe
Saevir
Kittrina
Emrys
erwtenpeller
Astraea
Thelos
Aleric
Guldujenu
Borian
Kettin
Sanara
Kil'drakor
Nessra Sunwhisper
Eowale
Gilran
Khendran
corleth
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Arathoran
Valdar/Melan
Ralegh
Celeste/Ainathiela
Mikasa
Valestrion
Celadazar
Killian
Morgaan
Rmuffn
Morinth
Antistia
Geldar
Kristeas Sunbinder
Silferdrake
Eodan
Drustai
Mandui
Ledgic
Lexgrad
Geneviève
Krogon Devilstep
Amaryl
57 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Empty The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad.

Post by Amaryl Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:28 pm

The October Crusades, Part I, Hillsbrad Foothills.

Update!: the first battle starts on sunday the 16th. pvp starts 20:00 Alliance prep 19:00 Horde prep: ask Drathun Very Happy

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Oktobe10

The October crusade is a two part RP-PVP campaign organised by the Shining Strand the Cult of Shadows. The Campaign is focussed on RP and tactically controlling a region, or contesting a region, through more focus on small scale tactical skirmishes, then on solely big battles.
For this, we shall be using a few mechanics that will hopefully create both interesting battles as well as foster a better RP environment for Roleplay in the Religious and Military spheres.

The Campaign will start on Sunday the 16th of October, and will end on Wednesday the 26th at the lastest.

To Join this campaign if you haven't been invited yet either contact myself Amaryl as Alliance, or Drathun from the Cult of Shadows on Horde side.

Crusade

An Alliance crusader army comprised of multiple orders and regiments, will be invading Hillsbrad foothills, with the purpose to stop the Forsaken Advance, Strengthen the Stormpike defence, ensure supply lines from Arathi, to the Stormpike camp and from Chillwind to Stormpike. Additionally, hopefully the Alliance will bring enough strength to bear to lessen pressure on the Gilnean front, and move further north to burn the forsaken down.

The horde and the forsaken, will have to struggle in this first chapter to keep control of Hillsbrad, its strategic positions and natural resources available, in a fight for their (undead)lives. Hopefully they'll be able to crush the puny and sad Alliance crusaders and make a push southwards, to burn down the poor farms of Arathi and replenish their troops by viciously slaying and raising the poor helpless humans cowering in their homesteads.

So you have a lot of icons and shit on that map? what does it mean?!

That's the strategic value of hillsbrad. pointing out camps, resources, supply lines and sphere of influences.
To create a more immersive RP experience during this grim crusade, and lessen focus on big battles, we'll create a few strategic capturable points for small group pvp, that can easily be intermixed with RP, instead of the basic hour fighting followed by an hour licking wounds followed by desertion of everything and nobody knowing what they're doing and what they're fighting for, to do it all again the next day.
so the question is:

What does an Army need to be strong and fight?

Two things:

Morale

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Morale10

Armies need Morale to stay together.

an army that lacks food, lacks victories, lacks faith, is not an army that functions well, it is an army that will have problems with itself, desertion, fights, whining, moaning and the like will occur and if morale gets low enough there is no chance for the army to keep staying in the field.

on the other hand, with food, victories and faith, no bridge is too far, no task too impossible and even the darkest terrors will be met with cheers.

So we're introducing the Morale bar, that will set the mood for the RP in the Army.

So, the morale bar goes from 0 to 10.
0 being the army leaves the region. that might happen early.
10: The army has unquestionable faith, and nothing seems impossible, for this purpose and The Army can force the final regional battle early.
additionally the morale of your army should give you an indicator of the level of optimism your RP will have.

So how do I gain or lose morale?

You gain or lose morale through:
1. You gain 1 morale for winning a big battle
2. You gain 1/2 morale for winning a Skirmish
3. You can have 4 morale for having access to every supply unit available.
4. You can gain 1 morale for exceptional RP events, like an inspirational mass.
A. You Lose 1 morale for losing a big battle.
B. You lose 1/2 morale for every small skirmish.
C. You lose 1 morale for every lacking supply unit available to your army.
Both Factions Start with 5 morale, under the assumption that on the first day they have every supply unit available.

Supplies

Every Army needs supplies, for this campaign we have 4 categories.

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Supply10 Armaments. Ammo, weapons, medical supplies.

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Fortif10 Fortification. nothing is as terrible as holes in your defence with nothing to fix it.

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Food-s10 Food

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Specia10 Special items. Plague for Horde Holy water for the Alliance.

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Supply10Supplyroutes. A line of supplies from other regions, which can transport one supply unit a day.

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Camps10 Camps accessible to Supplies.

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Camps-11 Camps Inaccessible to Supplies.

Al-right so how does this work?

The Crusade starts a region with a traditional Big Battle and ends it with a Big Battle. the remaining days will be spend to fight over supplies, and supply lines to gain an advantage over the opponent in the region.

The fighting over points of interest will be handled through Skirmishes.

meaning 5 lvl 85s, VS 5 lvl 85s Per objective max.

Every objective that's being contested is done with the full knowledge of both parties.

Each objective can only be contested Once a day.

meaning that Either the horde attacks a point and the alliance defends or vice versa.

The objectives are:
1. fighting for a place that contains supplies. indicated by the icons on the map.
you can only fight for a resource point if it is adjacent to your sphere of influence(Blue or red), or is currently contested (Grey)
2. Attempting to successfully get a supply train to your base camp with one supply unit. this event must be contested to be successful.
3. Fighting for a road intersection to push your sphere of influence further into the map.
you can only fight for an intersection that's adjacent or in your sphere of influence.
After 5 days unless a side reaches 0 or 10 morale another big battle is done to kick out the opposing army and burst into the new region.

Rules:
PVP gear during fights is allowed and recommended.
No flying mounts during fights
No combat ressing during fights.
And numbers will be balanced, so during rounds some people will be asked to step out, but we will try to circulate the ones that have to stay out.
keep the drama to a minimum, losing isn't bad, it's about RP and OOC whining ruins that.

Last edited by Amaryl on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Empty Re: The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad.

Post by Amaryl Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Friday 21:00 the battle that will decide if Hillsbrad becomes thoroughly contested or still firmly in Forsaken control!

Alliance morale!
The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Morale16

The day started out good! Boom the Legacy of dawn under the command of the Baron Khendran Ironhand, took the azureload mine. and then together with the Blades brought home some direly needed supplies! but the additional fortifications came to late to the tower, that controlled the supply line to Stormpike and the alterac valley, and their viewpoint on Tarren mill. The tower was lost. The holy brigade were beaten back.

but this Crusade cannot continue for long, such is the way of a crusade, where people are fired up in holy-war, and ignited to rise beyond their means, but when bugged down in vicious toe to toe fighting over inches of grass, it gets difficult.

The standing Forsaken Army needs to be broken, now and fast. which will give the alliance time to successfully set up their lasting foothold in the foothills and Halt the forsaken relentless advance into the lands of the living.

the time has ended to marshal resources and small tactical plays, before people run out of stamina, the medics collapse... or worse.

Its time to raise the banners, sound the horns, beat the drums and march For the Light!

Horde morale!
The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Morale15

The tide seemed to be turning for the horde tonight! they recaptured the tower from the Holy brigade! giving Tarren Mill some more breathing room, but then the other venture of the horde army was shattered on the swords and shields of the legacy of dawn. Azure-load mine was definitely lost. breathing room, but no additional supplies. the Alliance army still seemingly much much stronger then the others...

There's just one more gamble left take, one last dice to throw, one last play to act.

The Hail mary.

Crush the Alliance, or see the new theatre of war definitely opened up and the forsaken advance unequivocally halted.

Situation 20th of october

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Oktobe16

Situation 19th of october

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Oktobe14

Situation 18th of october

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Oktobe14

Situation 17th of october

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Oktobe13

Situation 16th of october:

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Oktobe12

Situation 15th of october

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Oktobe10

Last edited by Amaryl on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:55 pm; edited 5 times in total

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad. Empty Re: The October Crusade, Chapter one, Hillsbrad.

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:40 pm

good luck! hope this turns out well!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:10 pm

This looks awesome and the Seal would like to take part. Smile
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Looks awesome. It means that there is a purpose behind everything ic.

With smaller skirmishes is it possable to get a few lower lvl fights. For the lvlers? Give them some action to.

Nothing more to add this is great. pirat
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:45 pm

This is very, very thought out. I do applaud the level of planning you've gone to!
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:58 pm

Nicely done! All the best for the execution!
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:18 am

Intriguing. It might be a bit over-complicated, but I do like the idea of small, easy-to-balance skirmishes over large difficult-to-balance battles.

Might be interested in taking part.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:24 am

Crusading DKs Wink
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:20 am

Ofcourse, Arathorians will be there!
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:32 am

Drustai wrote:Intriguing. It might be a bit over-complicated, but I do like the idea of small, easy-to-balance skirmishes over large difficult-to-balance battles.

Might be interested in taking part.

well lets see how it'll work out

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Silferdrake Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:41 am

Very good work indeed. The gates of Durnholde will be open for you and the swords, spears, and hammers of the Legacy of Dawn will be ready to aid your cause. I myself will not participate in the battles per se, but will join in on the RP surronding the event.

*Stamps the thread with the Silferdrake seal of approval*
Silferdrake
Silferdrake

Character sheet
Name: Steven Silferdrake
Title: Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:26 am

Silferdrake wrote:Very good work indeed. The gates of Durnholde will be open for you and the swords, spears, and hammers of the Legacy of Dawn will be ready to aid your cause. I myself will not participate in the battles per se, but will join in on the RP surronding the event.

*Stamps the thread with the Silferdrake seal of approval*

But but... what happened to the mercury elemental D:
Did Sylvanas put him somewhere else?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Silferdrake Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 am

The mercury elemental is dead. We killed him. That's how we roll.
Silferdrake
Silferdrake

Character sheet
Name: Steven Silferdrake
Title: Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:55 am

;_;, poor D-1000.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:29 am

Lovely, Amaryl I will poke you ingame for some more information!
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:46 pm

This makes me want to start up my account again and join my Forsaken comrades. VICTORY FOR SYLVANAS!
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:30 pm

I want to join in on my furry, but she's only level 32. Sad Maybe I'll join the Horde on my Mage... :>
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Morinth wrote:I want to join in on my furry, but she's only level 32. Sad Maybe I'll join the Horde on my Mage... :>

It's in october, we'll be of higher level by then, don't worry. Razz
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:34 pm

RUSH TO 85!!!!
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:33 pm

This sounds great, i love it Very Happy
Morgaan
Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Killian Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:42 pm

Interesting campaign, good luck!
Killian
Killian

Character sheet
Name: Killian Roque
Title: Si:7 Operative

Back to top Go down

Post by Celadazar Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:44 pm

Looks really cool, The Lordaeron Alliance would be honored to fight along side you.
Celadazar
Celadazar

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Lightsoul
Title: Highlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Geneviève wrote:This looks awesome and the Seal would like to take part. Smile

Lexgrad/Dreth wrote:Looks awesome. It means that there is a purpose behind everything ic.

With smaller skirmishes is it possable to get a few lower lvl fights. For the lvlers? Give them some action to.

I'll say this though, if you want to join, i'm sure there's a place somewhere (though we will be balancing fights) but you'll have to ICly join in also! Since if Amy has no reason to invite someone, they simply won't be, unless one presents itself Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Amaryl wrote:
Geneviève wrote:This looks awesome and the Seal would like to take part. Smile

Lexgrad/Dreth wrote:Looks awesome. It means that there is a purpose behind everything ic.

I'll say this though, if you want to join, i'm sure there's a place somewhere (though we will be balancing fights) but you'll have to ICly join in also! Since if Amy has no reason to invite someone, they simply won't be, unless one presents itself Very Happy

Could there be an IC announcement asking for troops so that we know about it ICly?

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next