Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morthimus' Case

+28
Morty
Kaleil Sunstrike
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Drustai
Geldar
Jemerick
Mandui
Yarnaat
Raelan
Shaelyssa
Kristeas Sunbinder
Rhonya Steelheart
Quin
Lorainne/Bridlington
Eowale
Antistia
Feydor
Jeanpierre
Zhakiri
Ave/Sariella
Kettin
Ataris
Celeste/Ainathiela
Rmuffn
Nessra Sunwhisper
Sharyssa/Adenah
Eodan
Rasonal Dranger
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Morthimus' Case Empty Morthimus' Case

Post by Rasonal Dranger Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:14 pm

I would appriciate if the perma-banned on Morth could be reconsidered. During the recent campaign in Hillsbrad he helped alot in orgainizing the Horde forces and is representing them along iwth Drathun and Eowale. Everyone here have some disagreements with other people on this forum, and so does he- He will promise not to begin any silly arguement or cause any falmewar- he will not even respond to such.

It is important for the cult that he will be able to represent them in here- atleast reconsider it.
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Morthimus' Case Empty Re: Morthimus' Case

Post by Eodan Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Rasonal, I appreciate you a lot, and you know I do, but I have to bring forward he has under the Cults guild tag also flamed people for several things, approached in whispers claiming false screenshots. During this same time, he is also trying to make a "Arathorian Templar" guild to thwart and bother the Kingdom of Stromgarde who we all know he is oh so fond of. Also. During this crusade. He has been running around the Alliance base, tossing plague bombs at random RPers being at the gates. Dying repeatedly and still returning and doing so repeatedly over and over.

He may prove an asset to CoS right now, but no, preaching he's not doing what he has been doing for years now will not recieve the benefit of the doubt on my part when I've seen him do so much shit still in such short time.
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:33 pm

I have to wholly agree with what Nath said there, he's still been griefing and causing flamewars. He tries to pretend he changed and simply continues his former hate-rants towards certain people and guilds. Aslong as he can't get over his issues this is not going to change no matter what guild he joins or the efforts he puts.
Perhaps he does but he still acts like a spoiled kid most of the times that goes on acting the way he wants and thinks he's so "super-awesome"
My vouch: No, not bring him back.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:54 pm

I've only had good experiences working with him.

We've done RPPVP with his alliance guild, and now fought with him in the october crusade campaign and his behavior was fine. He takes roleplaying seriously and it's a shame if he doesn't get to check or advertise new events on this forum, to aid his guild.

He has strong opinions about ERPers, lore changers and probably a bunch of other wrong things, and his way of voicing those opinions may not always please everyone. He's still a smart guy underneath all that rage, and if he promises to behave this time, why not give him a chance? He was doing fine last time, before he got caught.

Last edited by Nessra on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:54 pm

He threatened me lastnight. Said he'd pull out the Cult from the campaign because SOMEONE ELSE killed him and his friends in their RP gear, due to the killers had pvp gear.

I kindly told him I'm not Amaryl, so he should take that with her. ^-^
But the way he approached me was less than appriciated.

And if continiously lol about tossing "plague bombs" with an army of the dead up rushing alone at Dun Garok is to take RP seriously. I wonder how serious rp is to some.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Celeste/Ainathiela Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:58 pm

No. Enough said.
Celeste/Ainathiela
Celeste/Ainathiela

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Well. This should prove interesting.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Would perhaps best be sorted through the priv msg system, otherwise this may become abit of a flamewar.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:15 pm

All i have to say is no second chances at all, i gave him my second chance and he screwed up, he can't get out of his old ways so.. He's got himself to blame.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:22 pm

You give people second chances, not third and fourth.

No.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:28 pm

I don't believe he changed all that much, from whatever my very limited observation permitted me to see. Perhaps such conclusion is instilled by my belief that people rarely change at all, or never enough to make a difference. Rather than change, I believe that there is another side to him, a side quite different from what people like to brand him for. I see people claim he's guilty of atrocities... Things I see acted against him, and others, sometimes even by the very people that like to see him branded a griefer.

I'm not trying to excuse any offense he may have commited, but color me equally unimpressed by the other side. He wouldn't be the first self-righteous bastard, and he certainly isn't the only one that commited griefing... be it in error or in a moment of weakness. There are but few guilds left that I've never seen commit such an error, and this is evolving to "individuals" rather than guilds... and still the list is growing thin.

I have seen this guy encourage fellow players to refrain from such actions. I have seen him try to build some things and put in effort to help fellow players. I think that is the reason why there is such duality in the responses, mixing solid support and solid resentment.

To me, at least, it shows me there is more to a person than his errs. I do not see exclusion as a solution. Destruction doesn't need conversation. To build something, you need it. I won't vouch, but I will plead to keep the talk open. I would like to encourage the community to keep the conversation going.

I won't deny it may require effort, but at the risk of being blunt, the only people I've never seen require any effort to deal with, were people I have never seen.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Morthimus' Case This_gon_b_gud_gif
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Jeanpierre
You pritty much got that perfect Smile
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Faralan wrote:He threatened me lastnight. Said he'd pull out the Cult from the campaign because SOMEONE ELSE killed him and his friends in their RP gear, due to the killers had pvp gear.

I kindly told him I'm not Amaryl, so he should take that with her. ^-^
But the way he approached me was less than appriciated.

And if continiously lol about tossing "plague bombs" with an army of the dead up rushing alone at Dun Garok is to take RP seriously. I wonder how serious rp is to some.

I'd just like to state the absolutely obvious. Morthimus has no authority to do this. He is an asset to the Cult, and helps out a lot. He however is no officer. I have more authority to withdraw the Cult than he does and I haven't logged in for over half a year.

Apart from that I'm joining Jeanpierre's position. The guy does have the best interests of the Cult at heart, even if he may not be eloquent in expressing that at all times.

That's very much all I say about the case of Morth rejoining.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Personally, I don't want it. He's one of those people who you feel will fuck with you and the CoS. So far, he has proved usefull to the Cult, yes. But, I don't like his attitude. At all. He's rude bastards who complains about gankers when he has ganked loads and loads and LOADS of times. Personally, I would want his ass out of the Cult, since I don't want Ephitos in the guild to start with, less letting him have power in the Cult.

My vote; No.
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Edit: seeing the Cult's active members are responding, I will stop responding for now.
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:49 pm

I full-heartedly agree with Jean-Pierre.
Should I be required to explain why, I shall do so another time.

Vouch; yes.
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:55 pm

I dont see why you'd ban any rper from any rp event regardless of how much of a loud mouthed dick he is. Then again I dont really have anything to do with this.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhonya Steelheart Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:01 pm

I agree with Jean-Pierre.
I've been in the Cult a few months now, and this is what I have seen of Morthimus. I don't know what he did before and I'm not going to use all that's said here against him, this is just my opinion about the time that I've known him.
It might be that he's not always good at expressing himself when there is some tension in the air, but what I've seen so far is that he only goes on a rage for a little while, calms down and is perfectly able to talk reason then.
For as far as I see it, he does some things wrong indeed, says some bad stuff, but for me his positive side weighs a lot more on the scale. He's a good rper, tries to make it work and every bit of RP I have had with him has been fun.
During the campaign he tries to involve everyone, and he's also trying to promote some more random rp outside of campaigns.
These are my two cents, and my honest opinion.
Rhonya Steelheart
Rhonya Steelheart

Character sheet
Name: Rhonya Steelheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Daeyna wrote:I agree with Jean-Pierre.
I've been in the Cult a few months now, and this is what I have seen of Morthimus. I don't know what he did before and I'm not going to use all that's said here against him, this is just my opinion about the time that I've known him.
It might be that he's not always good at expressing himself when there is some tension in the air, but what I've seen so far is that he only goes on a rage for a little while, calms down and is perfectly able to talk reason then.
For as far as I see it, he does some things wrong indeed, says some bad stuff, but for me his positive side weighs a lot more on the scale. He's a good rper, tries to make it work and every bit of RP I have had with him has been fun.
During the campaign he tries to involve everyone, and he's also trying to promote some more random rp outside of campaigns.

And everyone else whom knew him longer has a different opinion.
When one doesn't see the good side at all, the bad one start to weight ALOT.

P.S Anti, I know he can't do that, I was merely giving a fresh example of his behavior.
You know I love you though, best DK Executioner ever. :>
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Faralan wrote:

Would that 'everyone' include me?

There's no denying there's plenty of people against him, Faralan, but I would avoid sweeping generalizations in such a delicate thing. I relate to neither side.
Or perhaps I'm just too fond of being an arse, and position myself in the middle to reserve the right to pick on both sides. Razz
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhonya Steelheart Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:31 pm

Very true Faralan, and I'm not saying that I don't see his bad side. But for me, since I've known him, this is my opinion of the way he is now. I have nothing to say about how he was before.
Rhonya Steelheart
Rhonya Steelheart

Character sheet
Name: Rhonya Steelheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Jeanpierre/Ragnilde wrote:
Faralan wrote:

Would that 'everyone' include me?

There's no denying there's plenty of people against him, Faralan, but I would avoid sweeping generalizations in such a delicate thing. I relate to neither side.
Or perhaps I'm just too fond of being an arse, and position myself in the middle to reserve the right to pick on both sides. Razz

Tbh he is in my top 50% of people on this server that I have dealt with. The lowest being people I'd rather not have to deal with.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Faralan wrote:
Daeyna wrote:I agree with Jean-Pierre.

When one doesn't see the good side at all, the bad one start to weight ALOT.

P.S Anti, I know he can't do that, I was merely giving a fresh example of his behavior.
You know I love you though, best DK Executioner ever. :>

No probs Far, love ya too Smile

Though I have to dispute that first point of yours regarding opinions of Ephitos. Eph got his faults but I got a good opinion of him anyway, though not without reservations. He's not the most diplomatic of the bunch. Razz
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:41 pm

He just joined our channel to taunt us and then left again. I made sure to screen it, but I really don't want to have to post it.

Instead I hope the Cult will actually -do something- about him instead of pretending he's changed.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next