Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new concept within The Eyes of the Dark Realm: The Shadow-Stalkers

+9
Demurral
Lexgrad
Antistia
Skarain
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
corleth
Morinth
Seranita
John Helsythe Amaltheria
13 posters

Go down

A new concept within The Eyes of the Dark Realm: The Shadow-Stalkers Empty A new concept within The Eyes of the Dark Realm: The Shadow-Stalkers

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Shadow-Stalkers

A Shadow-Stalker is a person of any race who got abducted by the cult and forcefully infused, on a rare ocassion willingly, with shadow energies by the wicked cultists of The Eyes of the Dark Realm. There's little known about these grim beings, although rumours do circulate among people who tend to refer to them as Light Hunters or Inquisitors of Darkness.

It is a concept that came to life through the cunning minds of The Defiler's Lieutenants, as until now The Chaper of Holy Anethion has proven to be the most dangerous threat and it is therefore that his new concept is a direct counter force to the Anethionean Inquisition. Though, their tasks are more broad-minded than just that. Although the status of a Shadow Stalker will most likely never rise above that of a minion, even the ascendants tend to fear for this new concept as they keep their own ranks in check as well, mercilessly and relentlessly.

The most experienced paladins could probably sense a dark aura about these Shadow-Stalkers, hence most people should not fear them about, for example, the Cathedral of Light. The Shadow-Stalker can be easily recognized by its dark-leather amour, hooded, masked and cloaked, and an arsenal of sinister weapons.

The Shadow-Stalker is a deadly enemy that's fighting with weapons, enhancing said weapons with Shadow Magic or using various other unique shadow abilities. It even feeds on shadow magic used against them. They're solemnly specialized in combating the followers of The Light, having a high resistance versus abilities like Holy Smites (it would only increase its appetite to slay its enemy!), and they're able to sense a holy aura about a paladin, or holy priest. It goes that far that it can track the faithful of the Light by their scent, as if drawn to it like bees to flowers.

These incarnates of the Dark communicate with eachother through whispering hisses, or ear penetrating screeches carried by the wind.

Powerful creatures is what they indeed are...however, little on Azeroth is perfect. It's apparent that nature, life giving magic is what damages these beings severely. Not only is this magic very useful versus the Shadow-Stalker, they fear it greatly as well for that matter, in the sense of panicing and fleeing for it. It's not the only thing they fear however. As these beings live on Azeroth with the undying hunger to work for The Defiler, and to obliterate everything Light-related, death is one of their biggest fears. For once they are dead, they are no longer able to sate their ever present hunger...feed their addiction.

((Disclaimer: Classes who wear leather (though maybe paired with some mail or clothes) are able to join in on this concept, although the spots for this concept are limited. Check out our guild registry for more information. http://www.defiasrp.com/t3623-eyes-of-the-dark-realm-updated-14-10-2011))

A new concept within The Eyes of the Dark Realm: The Shadow-Stalkers Dark_assassin_by_shroudsoul-d348lnu

Edit: We decided to give this concept a uniform. It requiers level 70:

A new concept within The Eyes of the Dark Realm: The Shadow-Stalkers 35197k9

Last edited by Crojwin on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

A new concept within The Eyes of the Dark Realm: The Shadow-Stalkers Empty Re: A new concept within The Eyes of the Dark Realm: The Shadow-Stalkers

Post by Seranita Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:02 am

an interesting concept indeed thought out well
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

A new concept within The Eyes of the Dark Realm: The Shadow-Stalkers Empty Re: A new concept within The Eyes of the Dark Realm: The Shadow-Stalkers

Post by Morinth Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:15 am

This looks like something I could sink my teeth into. I adore playing the dark stalker types... I doubt I'd have room for a 3rd rogue though. x) My favourite class, to RP as and play OOC too.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:17 am

looks like an awesome concept, hels.

Morinth wrote:This looks like something I could sink my teeth into. I adore playing the dark stalker types... I doubt I'd have room for a 3rd rogue though. x) My favourite class, to RP as and play OOC too.
you need a witch-hunter first.

corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:22 am

Forced IC, it would still need to be agreed upon OOC however. Normal recruitment still stands, For the Shadow-Stalker position we where only going to create a one-off batch of around 4. Chosen out of experienced roleplayers who are interested in the concept and would commit to it on a medium-long term basis.

Forced recruitment would likely be kidnapping, brain washing, rituals based around infusing the subject with Shadow magic (So much that they are no longer "(Insert race here)" and fed lies/information on Light devotees on Azeroth. Then released like an aimed cannon.

They won't remember their life, they will be what they are now, creatures/beings of shadow hell-bent on the destruction of the Light on Azeroth.

Once they are killed/gone/dead that is it, this won't be a mass production factory, the resources and effort to carry this out will be made so it is not a realistic solution to the Defilers plans.

On a major note, they are expendable. We don't care if they are caught, they have nothing to do with us IC Wink and are there to turn the tables (for once). It's time for the Lightdogs to fear walking the streets alone, wearing their tabards and waving their flags in public.

((None of what I said is set in stone, a general idea or what we are going for if you will, just what me and Crojwin spoke about today.))
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:26 pm

I love the idea. May the shadow reign and shake the faith in the light that was once everything for humans.

"Night sky is filled with smoke. Stormwind is ablaze. The flames of revolution burning bright, painting the midnight sky with a red glow. People are slaughtering each other, the fires glowing in their eyes as they bring their makeshift weapons upon those who still defend "the rightful ruler". Then a white glow shines trough the ranks, soothing the minds of those who are touched by the light. Defenders of the light have come to guide the people. The crowd calms down and when the light wielders sigh in relief people step forward from the crowd. They throw their dark capes aside, revealing dark armor and weapons hidden under. Down from the roofs and trough shadows more people in dark armor and robes appear. A man in dark armor steps forward and points his sword towards the defenders of the light, saying: "The shadow shall overcome light". His words are followed by the sound of countless weapons drawn and the forces of darkness charges forward...."
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:33 pm

This looks very similar to the Lightslayers... I love the Lightslayers so how can I not like this?
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:01 pm

i have replied with the list of names in a pm Smile the first would be my prefered but you would probably need to go out of your way to procire her
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Cheers for the comments all. And yes...you light-dogs better run and hide, although futile!
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:37 pm

If you beg it, and we feel generous, then your DK friends can come and protect your priests.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:58 pm

I love the idea, such a shame my warlock can't get into this, i've been thinking of turning her dark for a while now, i've always played her closer to a mage than a warlock... then again, its jsut a case of finding the time between four rp characters, a raiding priest and temp gm status.. ah well Razz
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustov Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:01 pm

If you want to turn dark, Sorazal is your man. Poke him and he'll lure you into the dark arts in an instant Razz .

PS: Nice concept and a must be in Surprised . Nicely planned out if i may say so.
Gustov
Gustov

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Domovoi wrote:I love the idea, such a shame my warlock can't get into this, i've been thinking of turning her dark for a while now, i've always played her closer to a mage than a warlock... then again, its jsut a case of finding the time between four rp characters, a raiding priest and temp gm status.. ah well Razz

Why can't you get involved? There is always room in the Cult even if this plot is not something that is doable.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishap/Virock Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:43 pm

This looks good to me, I'm liking the idea of being hunted for wearing the tabard
Ishap/Virock
Ishap/Virock

Back to top Go down

Post by Astraea Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:45 pm

I really like this idea Very Happy Might have to make Tab stumble onto you change her slightly or lots
Astraea
Astraea

Character sheet
Name: Astraea
Title: Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Does kind of remind me of the horde rp guild called Shadowstalkers, though they're inactive at the moment :p
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:20 am

Cyrdain wrote:
Domovoi wrote:I love the idea, such a shame my warlock can't get into this, i've been thinking of turning her dark for a while now, i've always played her closer to a mage than a warlock... then again, its jsut a case of finding the time between four rp characters, a raiding priest and temp gm status.. ah well Razz

Why can't you get involved? There is always room in the Cult even if this plot is not something that is doable.

Lack of available time to properly commit to it Smile what with uni, work, Gf, and everything in between, i hardly have time to keep up with two of my characters, and a third is being attempted. a fourth would end me.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Bumping this because we got some spots for this still. This concept works good
for one's alt.

Edit: We've decided, by the way, that the Shadow-Stalkers wear the same attire. It requiers level 70:

A new concept within The Eyes of the Dark Realm: The Shadow-Stalkers 35197k9

John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:45 pm

I wanna see a shadow stalker beat up JP
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:17 pm

Well, could be arranged with his permission Very Happy
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:20 pm

ohh a tastie priest for thelania mabie? lol
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down