Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eyes of the Dark Realm - Updated 14-10-2011!

+10
corleth
Lorainne/Bridlington
Dréfurion
Jeanpierre
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Geneviève
Aleric
Timna
Drazial
John Helsythe Amaltheria
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eyes of the Dark Realm - Updated 14-10-2011! Empty Eyes of the Dark Realm - Updated 14-10-2011!

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:40 am

Years have passed since Lord Andrek, perhaps better known as The Defiler, found himself amidst the events that caused the split of The Dark Sphere, stealing off with his most loyal servants to The Vanguard of Duskwood, an organisation initially conducted for the legal control of Darkshire and its woods. It was from that moment he ordered his agents to infiltrate every single organisation who held the slightest bit of reputation, shaping the Kingdom discreetly, slowly but certainly into his own ideals. Followers of the Light, Spherites and infiltrators had to be dealt with on a daily basis. Through cunning moves everything was eventually kept strong and stable, but these risks the enemies brought was a matter The Defiler definitely wished to extinct.

From the darkest of shadows, unreachable for any gaze, the inner-circle of The Defiler watched the slow but perhaps inevitable dissapearance of The Dark Sphere. Realizing this was opening various doors, they through their collective effort and cunning together to determined what would be the future. The inner-circle were ordered to scatter, doing naught but gathering intelligence and manipulating anything of importance to the Defiler's wishes. At the same time, The Defiler appointed his herald to seek out Ondius, a former Dark Master of the Sphere, to see the birth of a new cult, but this time in utter control of The Defiler. Through these means, Andrek and his most loyal followers could purely work behind the scenes, whilst this new cult would be appointed to the most grim, malefic and dangerous work that had to be done in order to manifestate The Defiler's dreams into reality.

Under the inquisitive gaze of this agent, The Herald of The Defiler, The Eyes of The Dark Realm was brought to life succesfully by Ondius the Spiritbreaker. This cult would watch The Dark Realm, The realm of everything they held dear, thoroughly, expand it greatly and enforce their own laws upon it relentlessly, by any means necessary. They hold dear their own kind, their lands, their dark teachings and arts of magic, their freedom and naturally, their power. To ensure their loyalty, fragments of souls were offfered to The Defiler who'd keep them safe for a future project.. a weapon of great importance. A future and for now clandestine project that would make most knees tremble, unless those knees were on the right side of events, with those who lurk in The Dark Realm.

At the present day, leadership is well-established, initiates flock to the cult and this future project is about to kick off. In addition, The Herald of The Defiler sought out Lord Zaraj Blackblade, ensuring for The Eyes of The Dark Realm soon to blend into yet another grand and brilliant plot. In the mean while, biding their time awaiting for important events to draw near and occur, The Eyes of The Dark Realm are hosting the Lamb as a front to their secret, ghastly crypts where they grow in numbers, knowledge and power, working on The Defiler's schemes. What ever those schemes may be...

Eyes of the Dark Realm - Updated 14-10-2011! Eye-mystic-goddess

Greetings stranger, here's an entire update of our guild registry, which was about time frankly, as we're more than three months old now and still going, and recruiting.

The story above is more or less how the Eyes of The Dark Realm came to be and what's up. It has nothing to do with official blizzard lore. Instead, it's all lore created during roleplay itself. With this, we understand that to some there might be a few unclarities/questions. If you deem the story interesting, but would love to have more information, you could PM Crojwin about it who inturn will send you as much information as possible. It'll probably be a wall of text. Let's continue, the guild information changed some too.

Eyes of the Dark Realm is a heavy Roleplaying guild which would bare the tags "evil"/cultism.
So far we've got a bunch of excellent roleplayers and we have some interesting plots going on. Hunting for dark secrets and knowledge, teaching eachother about malefic arts of magic, struggling for our existance and fighting back with all we have to ensure our freedom, you name it. Not tied to any blizzard lore, instead, we create our own lore for the guild as we play. As the story's hinting, there are two major plots coming up ready to be served to our roleplayers. One of them will become a huge part of the shape of our cult, something that if you are interested in us, you do not want to miss.

Our roleplay ranges from dark events to thrilling plots, and we offer you a path of progression through a ranking system so that you may grow and progress your character. We are as well making use of a master-apprentice system to promote Roleplay as much as possible, and to perhaps teach the newer roleplayers. Besides that, we intend to hold weekly meetings. In addition, we encourage members to come up with their own events, plots or perhaps even concepts for within our guild. You'll be assisted. An example of concept would be Coris and her little shop that holds various shady items, or the hosting of the Lamb.

Among our ranks your roleplay will be dangerous indeed. You will be the minority and face the majority as your enemy. They will hunt you down and attempt to slay you. Worry not however, it's actually an interresting additional factor to your roleplay, the danger, and there are many ways to keep your character alive. With that being said, there's been signs of inner-IC-conflicts as well, which tends to be interesting.

There are no true level/class/race restrictions aslong it makes sense. We are looking for those apprentice type of roleplayers who wish to climb the ranking ladder and grow from a nobody to a notable person. Do you have what it takes? As final, those that've proven theirselves incredibly alot, managed to climb the ladder to the final steps, and showed utmost dedication, will by given the chance to be absorbed by a certain unguilded network that'll bring your character into an interesting environment.

Heed our call...

UPDATE: A new Concept: The Shadow-Stalkers.

Shadow-Stalkers

A Shadow-Stalker is a person of any race who got abducted by the cult and forcefully infused, on a rare ocassion willingly, with shadow energies by the wicked cultists of The Eyes of the Dark Realm. There's little known about these grim beings, although rumours do circulate among people who tend to refer to them as Light Hunters or Inquisitors of Darkness.

It is a concept that came to life through the cunning minds of The Defiler's Lieutenants, as until now The Chaper of Holy Anethion has proven to be the most dangerous threat and it is therefore that his new concept is a direct counter force to the Anethionean Inquisition. Though, their tasks are more broad-minded than just that. Although the status of a Shadow Stalker will most likely never rise above that of a minion, even the ascendants tend to fear for this new concept as they keep their own ranks in check as well, mercilessly and relentlessly.

The most experienced paladins could probably sense a dark aura about these Shadow- Stalkers, hence most people should not fear them about, for example, the Cathedral of Light. Do not be fooled however...The Shadow-Stalker can be easily recognized by its dark-leather amour, hooded, masked and cloaked, and an arsenal of sinister weapons, but they do tend to blend in with the crowd often.

The Shadow-Stalker is a deadly enemy that's fighting with weapons, enhancing said weapons with Shadow Magic or using various other unique shadow abilities. It even feeds on shadow magic used against them. They're solemnly specialized in combating the followers of The Light, having a high resistance versus abilities like Holy Smites (it would only increase its appetite to slay its enemy!), and they're able to sense a holy aura about a paladin, or holy priest. It goes that far that it can track the faithful of the Light by their scent, as if drawn to it like bees to flowers.

These incarnates of the Dark communicate with eachother through whispering hisses, or ear penetrating screeches carried by the wind.

Powerful creatures is what they indeed are...however, little on Azeroth is perfect. It's apparent that nature, life giving magic is what damages these beings severely. Not only is this magic very useful versus the Shadow-Stalker, they fear it greatly as well for that matter, in the sense of panicing and fleeing for it. It's not the only thing they fear however. As these beings live on Azeroth with the undying hunger to work for The Defiler, and to obliterate everything Light-related, death is one of their biggest fears. For once they are dead, they are no longer able to sate their ever present hunger...feed their addiction.

((Disclaimed: Classes who wear leather (though maybe paired with some mail or clothes) are able to join in on this concept, although the spots for this concept are limited. ))

Edit: Yet another new concept was added after more than a month of plotting and events. Read and see all about it in the link below.

The Staff of Forgotten Memories: http://www.defiasrp.com/t4058-another-new-concept-within-eotdr-the-staff-of-forgotten-memories

(Contact Ondius, Lephia or Cyrdain! This post will be updated over time.)

Last edited by Crojwin on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 10 times in total
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Eyes of the Dark Realm - Updated 14-10-2011! Empty Re: Eyes of the Dark Realm - Updated 14-10-2011!

Post by Drazial Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:02 am

Very much supportive of this! Always nice to have more cultists to go and smack about. Will be looking to perhaps join in the near future on one of my characters if I can find time in the day to play him.

Where abouts will the guild be based though I wonder? Or will it be a roaming, free form sort of organization? Better be about the city, I need to drag some more prisoners to me brig ;D.

Any prospective mentalist spellcasters, give them some wings!
Drazial
Drazial

Character sheet
Name: Drazial Legraine
Title: Commander of The Lady Proudmoore

Back to top Go down

Eyes of the Dark Realm - Updated 14-10-2011! Empty Re: Eyes of the Dark Realm - Updated 14-10-2011!

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:11 am

Don't be fooled however, we're in need of both spellcasters and the folk who are not gifted with magic.

Our where abouts are Azeroth, so to speak, although mainly in the kingdom of Stormwind (and nearby regions) due to it having the most RP. Ontop of that we are talking and discussing about some sort of place where we could always relly on for casual RP.

Cheers for your support =)
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Whooh! *Giant sign of approval on Croj's face*

~~~~~//////////////////~~~~lol
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Folks, the plot seems to be ready for kick off soon-ish, and we need some more members if we wish to stand victorious above all! It's now your chance to join and prove yourself during the plot, so that you may reap the raw and chaotic power where ever you find it! Defiasrp.com is where guilds that are involved into the plot can see all of its details, but I will give outsiders an idea about it too.

The Eyes of the Dark Realm just obtained an artifact from someone. For as far as we know, no one knows really what this artifact is about. Anyhow, artifacts tend to be interesting, powerful, dangerous or rather helpful. The Eyes of the Dark Realm will try to unlock its secret, but then something goes gravely wrong during the examination. The artifact "explodes", scattering multiple shards (about 10, the amount of other guilds who are involved) across Azeroth (to said guilds), one of the pieces remains with the Eyes of the Dark Realm.

These aren't simply a couple of dull shards of the artifact however. He who carries one will feel the need to keep it for himself, and feel the urge to collect all the pieces to recreate the artifact once more, so that he may unlock its secret. In addition, the shards aren't destroyable. The artifact as a whole is destroyable however.

To hasten up the plot a little, the carrier of a shard may recieve visions through the mind about where the other shards are precisely located. Guilds would have to coordinate this with eachother well OOCly.

If someone, or a guild ever manages to gather all of the shards, and to put them all back as if the artifact was a puzzle, then he would unlock its secret. What's its secret? Well, there's only one way to find out...

Tales of deceit and manipulation, both internal and with other guilds. Drama, traveling, action, creating true or perhaps false alliances with others. Will you manage to recreate the artifact?
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:36 pm

I demand a soundtrack to this.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:08 pm

I demand a soundtrack to this.

If only we had a total of 7 guilds
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:55 pm

The Seal's shard will be found and the bearer's identity posted tomorrow. Smile
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Croj...what kind of lame ass shit is that? I meant a proper soundtrack! No Dragonball BS!
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:43 pm

This'll do?
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:48 pm

I was hinting at something with the DBZ movie. But I suppose Timna did a better job. In either case, Aleric, get outta here! <3
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:52 pm

I'm sorry; my vision flashed white with rage when I saw Dragonball. I don't recall anything after that.

Last edited by Aleric on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:25 am

Too awesome?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:07 pm

A friendly bump. I don't believe this guild/cult is only restricted to the generic cultist type either. For example my character interprets the cult different from what others may. You all may know about the prejudices of Magi/Arcanists in the Human Kingdoms. The rules one must abide by can be limiting ICly. My character sees the guild/cult as a opportunity to practice and use his "gift" over the Arcane as he sees fit without prejudices, law or hunters on his back for not using it solely for the betterment of the Alliance. Yet he is no old god worshipper or shadow caster I admit he is slightly insane. Being rogue he obviosuly has mage hunters after him and he sees this as a union of like minded individuals with gifts that are scorned or "too powerful" for mortals to posses.. in his opinion. Together they can ensure security and a "community" that they are able to do as they wish with without the judgements of others. And of course to spread their ideals through politcs, manipulation or force. In my case ICly and OOCly I don't see us being "evil" for evils sake. We're.. or I am atleast, radical and real movers and shakers. *nods*.

So yeah, hope I shed some light on this from another perspective.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Well said to be honest. Sometimes I do have the feeling that today's roleplayers tend to see cultists as Twilight Hammer-like insane evil destructional-beings. No doubt that our guild would have some of those figures around...however, people should view the cultist concept much more broad-minded.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:17 pm

HERESY!! If you say that spamming fel magic around is for our best interest, I'm sure we can see the positive side of it.
Well no.. But it's the same with Light orders. We are all classed like we are one and the same thing. We're not.
So don't let that get to you Smile

Either way, if you judge characters and guilds based on what you know of them ICly, then such stereotypes tend to fade away.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Well said too =)
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Crojwin wrote:Well said to be honest. Sometimes I do have the feeling that today's roleplayers tend to see cultists as Twilight Hammer-like insane evil destructional-beings. No doubt that our guild would have some of those figures around...however, people should view the cultist concept much more broad-minded.

Exactly my thought, it can mean different things to different characters. Cyrdain doesn't see himself as a "cultist" he sees himself becoming liberated.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:56 pm

I've often thought cultist was the wrong word to apply to these people because of the often innacurate connotations. But I can't think of a better one of the top of my head. :S
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:43 pm

I know what you mean Gene. I do believe that our guild would be best described as a cult in the end however.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Contact Ondius, Vyrinn, Cyrdain or Lephia for a chat. We're always on the look out for potential new cultists.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:36 am

Bump!

Are the people here above still the ones to be contacted if I would be interested to join you lot with one of my characters?

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:33 pm

I'll be back next week, or contact Corleth/Lephia/Ondius in particular or any online.

On a side-note what has changed/developed since my absence?
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:06 pm

We still exist...
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Can you be hired to kidnap Nobles, Bishops and Commanders?
*Flutters eyelashes*
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next