Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea; The Hidden Council

+10
Ataris
Gilran
Lexgrad
Rmuffn
Kristeas Sunbinder
Melnerag
Ledgic
Magaskawee/Anaei
Lorainne/Bridlington
Yarnaat
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Idea; The Hidden Council Empty Idea; The Hidden Council

Post by Yarnaat Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Right, as we all know the cultist community is quite spread out over the world. Therefore I got this idea, a council where all cultists can meet, be it members of the legion, the sphere, the scourge or whatever to put forward their problems, such as zealots, in other words things that they all are enemies of. For the moment that they're at the council or the surrounding area personal grudges would be put aside. Anti-magic wards could make sure of that fighting doesn't occur in the area. Or well, atleast not in the form of magic. There would be a couple of people leading the court, but to make sure of that a few people don't get power over all the others those could get switched out every month or every second month.

When one person or a cult puts forward his/her/their problem they can get help from some of the other people who attend to the court, and in return they later help the ones who helped them. Or as I said earlier, all can work together to crush a problem that they all have (For example the Chapter of Holy Anethion Twisted Evil ).

The idea behind this is basicly to unite the community a bit more. Anyone who's an enemy of the light, or a cultist (That goes for death knights too) in any form can attend. It's just a raw idea, I'm not of a high enough rank or power to lead this myself so I'll leave that to others if people have any interest in this at all.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Idea; The Hidden Council Empty Re: Idea; The Hidden Council

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:42 pm

Oh noes! Organised crime... We're dead.
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:04 pm

The only thing that i'd say wouldn't work in this would be why would any of these people work together?

The scourge hate the legion.
Cultists usually serve a rogue demon who hates the legion.
The legion hates the scourge.
THe legion hunts down rogue demons and chars them for disobeying.

But work around that and go for it.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:19 pm

It was just an example, as far as I know there are are no legion RP'ers in our realm. ^^
Plus if there were they'd be individuals, the legion overall hates mostly everyone, yeah, but individuals with a free will might not care so much about it and put it aside for a little while. After they leave the council they're free to tear eachother up into rag dolls.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:24 pm

There are a few holes in the idea, the main one being whether or not any cultist, be it individual or a group would actually work together on that sort of level.

The cultists, at least in this server's history have been manipulative and only resorted to asking for help when it was truly required. I think the other issue is ah.. the lack of people playing cultists? We have what, two guilds, if that?
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:38 pm

I don't see a cultist-union work out, unless they are really, REALLY united by a common threat that is SO grave that they must work as one to defeat it. And I doubt the Chapter is -that- scary Very Happy
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:40 pm

There are several cultists out there who aren't in any guild, and they'll only be cooperating durning a short period or simply just don't fight durning the council.
For example if they're going to cooperate with bringing down a certain group of people they wont have to go together, each and one can work individually if they wish. For example one group strike there while the other group strikes there. Basicly they wont have to go together, but they'll in a way be working together for getting rid of a problem that they both have.
You can compare it to how the Horde and Alliance worked together durning WotLK.

And well, if they don't want to cooperate then they can simply choose not to show up. I'm not forcing anyone to come.
They can also fool the other cultists that they're supposed to work with by backstabbing them durning the 'event'. This wont follow any strict lines, it's quite loose.
It wont have to turn out like that you gain allies at the council, you can gain enemies and what not.

Many cultist role players have trouble finding RP, therefore I thought this maybe could boost it up a bit.
It's exactly due to the fact that the cultist community is growing thin that I came up with this idea, trying to knit together what we have left.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:44 pm

As you said Ledgic, the cultists are manipulative. Then why would they not twist this to their own advantage and use it?
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:01 pm

There's working together and there's trying to make the others do your work for you.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:02 pm

People have pointed out that it's very hard for different cultists to work together.

The Twilight Hammer completely crushed the Legion in Hyjal for example.

Two evils can't co-exist.

But, the idea sounds very good and interesting, It'll be hard and tricky, but I can see fun in it.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Antle Darkblade wrote:As you said Ledgic, the cultists are manipulative. Then why would they not twist this to their own advantage and use it?

Because it wouldn't work, they'd all be trying it. That's assuming you could even get them all into one room without it burning down after five minutes.

Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:
Antle Darkblade wrote:As you said Ledgic, the cultists are manipulative. Then why would they not twist this to their own advantage and use it?

Because it wouldn't work, they'd all be trying it. That's assuming you could even get them all into one room without it burning down after five minutes.

If that's the case then let it be so, the point is to generate RP and if my idea fails we'll still have what you say there, conflict between all the cultists.

Neither does it have to be based entirely on this, it can be a meeting place where they can exchange knowledge, ideas, spells, or perhaps you need people for a job. Exchange services for items, relics, whatever. You also get to know other people IC, which can help you generate roleplay when not at the council. These are only a few examples, there's a lot that can happen.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Trave wrote:People have pointed out that it's very hard for different cultists to work together.

The Twilight Hammer completely crushed the Legion in Hyjal for example.

Two evils can't co-exist.

Because none of them had what the other wanted, plus that's on a lot larger scale. When it comes down to individuals the case can change.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Cultists are always welcome in the Ebon enclave (ruins of the scarlet enclave). We do not mind your methods as long as we can work out some form of payment for our protection. Plus it looks like we are getting scarlets moving in next door, so plenty of lab rats to work with.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:22 pm

I'd rather go for making a Criminal Council since we have large amount of players Roleplaying as criminals. Criminals and others who doesn't follow the law would work out better then Cultists and Legion guys would. That Place in the Slaughtered Lamb where Warlock trainers are would be a nice spot for Criminal Meeting, shame it's only accessible my Warlocks lore-wise.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:37 pm

It's for cultists since that community is smaller and more spread, imo it'd therefore be nice to have it more knit together.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Man, even the idea of cultists meeting up to trade items and relics is widly over the top.

Cultists just aren't the type of people that meet up with other cultists at a WoW-esque version of an AA meeting.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:52 pm

We'll call it the Sinister Six!
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:32 pm

Ledgic Caan wrote:Man, even the idea of cultists meeting up to trade items and relics is widly over the top.

Cultists just aren't the type of people that meet up with other cultists at a WoW-esque version of an AA meeting.

As I said before, those are just examples. Also, not every cultist is your typical stereotype. If you dislike my idea then fine, but come with constructive critism instead of saying straight out "NO, you can't do it!" then when I ask why all that comes back is "Because I say so!".
Since there isn't so much positive response I'll take a note of that. But as I said in the main post, it's just a raw idea to get a bit more concentrated underworld community so that it can get easier to generate roleplay. The cultists are way too spread out over Azeroth so perhaps anyone else here have a similar idea or an entirely different one for how such can be done?

If not then I'll just drop it. Ah well, it was worth a try. ^^
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:48 pm

Lexgrad/Dreth wrote:Cultists are always welcome in the Ebon enclave (ruins of the scarlet enclave). We do not mind your methods as long as we can work out some form of payment for our protection. Plus it looks like we are getting scarlets moving in next door, so plenty of lab rats to work with.

Speak for yourself. <.<

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:57 am

Antle Darkblade wrote:
Ledgic Caan wrote:Man, even the idea of cultists meeting up to trade items and relics is widly over the top.

As I said before, those are just examples. Also, not every cultist is your typical stereotype. If you dislike my idea then fine, but come with constructive critism instead of saying straight out "NO, you can't do it!" then when I ask why all that comes back is "Because I say so!".
Since there isn't so much positive response I'll take a note of that. But as I said in the main post, it's just a raw idea to get a bit more concentrated underworld community so that it can get easier to generate roleplay. The cultists are way too spread out over Azeroth so perhaps anyone else here have a similar idea or an entirely different one for how such can be done?

If not then I'll just drop it. Ah well, it was worth a try. ^^
As I see it, well RP'ed villains don't really become loud about their....evilness. That's one of the points many people don't get right when trying to RP an evil character. Most of the successful ones are actually rather quiet and might often conceal themselves behind good deeds in order to never have their true goals or ambitions exposed. This automatically renders the coincidental encounter of two villains as unlikely. So, how exactly will you have not just two or three, but the entire underworld gathered?

Even if that somehow happens, what will ensue will most likely be a never ending struggle for power over each other, be it in a direct and full-out-hate manner or in a sly, manipulative one. Why? Because that's the essence of evil. Absolute egoism, ulterior motives, complete lack of compassion, the hunger for power, etc.

Either way, everyone involved will most probably be way too preoccupied with the above to focus on something else, let alone organize and strike together. The only exception is:
Melnerag wrote:I don't see a cultist-union work out, unless they are really, REALLY united by a common threat that is SO grave that they must work as one to defeat it.
This. Such a unity is sometimes formed only because they know that alone they stand no chance, that's the solemn reason. And even then, it's always temporary. It has been done a few times before, one example coming to mind is the Holy War campaign a long while ago, where Alliance cultists and the Second Gurubashi Empire actually worked together against the Alliance 'Lighties'. However, there was an entire plot behind it, involving a lot of x-faction RP and W-PvP, and it was over after 2-3 months, when said plot came to an end. Even during that, the cultists and the trolls didn't stop trying to manipulate each other. Now, without a plot and without such a threat, why would villains be interested in working with each other? Sure, personal gain might be a good motive but that can barely involve the entire cultist population.

That said, (and I hope that is an extended enough explanation), I can't see it working out, unless someone decides to oppose such a huge threat yet again. Evil is just too chaotic to have structure and organization. Just my 2c.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:26 am

Would the Ebon Blade really tolerate cult of the damned members in the ruins of New Avalon?

Overall I think the idea should go ahead simply because it will fall apart so quickly.

Cultists are cultists because they have a radical and firmly held system of beliefs and are incapable of sharing the world with those who believe otherwise. Just like the PFJ (Splitters!) cultists often have more reason to hate each other than the status quo.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:27 am

Mandui wrote:As I see it, well RP'ed villains don't really become loud about their....evilness. That's one of the points many people don't get right when trying to RP an evil character. Most of the successful ones are actually rather quiet and might often conceal themselves behind good deeds in order to never have their true goals or ambitions exposed.

QFE.

Mandui wrote:Evil is just too chaotic to have structure and organization. Just my 2c.

Depends on the type of evil. The cultist style is typically rather chaotic, yes, and honestly way too overt to really be successful and definitely not the type to work together (especially with other groups that have completely opposing goals).

Lawful Evil on the other hand, which is what you mentioned in your first paragraph, is awesome and can work well with other groups, even good ones. (/point Sophyra, although she's probably Neutral Evil, not Lawful) It's just typically much rarer due to being hard to pull off.

What I think would be more likely is a single Lawful Evil individual manipulating various cultist groups against the 'Light' groups, probably without any of the cults knowing they are actually working with the other cults.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:18 am

Drustai wrote:Depends on the type of evil. The cultist style is typically rather chaotic, yes, and honestly way too overt to really be successful and definitely not the type to work together (especially with other groups that have completely opposing goals).

Lawful Evil on the other hand, which is what you mentioned in your first paragraph, is awesome and can work well with other groups, even good ones. (/point Sophyra, although she's probably Neutral Evil, not Lawful) It's just typically much rarer due to being hard to pull off.

What I think would be more likely is a single Lawful Evil individual manipulating various cultist groups against the 'Light' groups, probably without any of the cults knowing they are actually working with the other cults.
With 'evil' I obviously meant the entire cultist population in the case at hand, but yes, very very true Razz
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:25 am

They are just misunderstood.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down