Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A+BE+T] 2011 Festival of the Light

+10
Bharun
Ara
Dréfurion
Shaelyssa
Iralan
Aleric
Drustai
Geneviève
Thelos
Sanara
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A+BE+T] 2011 Festival of the Light Empty [A+BE+T] 2011 Festival of the Light

Post by Sanara Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Pamphlets and posters are found all across Alliance territories, handed out by emissaries from Outland and members of the various clergies throughout the Eastern Kingdoms, and Draenei delegates in Kalimdor;

Common Invitation:
[A+BE+T] 2011 Festival of the Light Festival2011

Other posters are spread by Scryer representatives and members of the Silvermoon priesthood throughout Quel'thalas;

Thalassian Invitation:
Spoiler:

A handful of traditional Taurahe parchments have been posted in Thunder Bluff and the Tauren enclave of Orgrimmar, mostly near the sanctums of the Sunwalkers;

Taurahe Invitation:
Spoiler:

(Thanks to Drustai for the Taurahe symbols and to Exaythe for the Thalassian invitation. Wouldn't make it on time without you <3)

Once again the 5th of September rolls around and thus so does the Festival of the Light. Sadly, due to the open hostilities that have opened up between the factions since the last annual Festival, this year's festival will only be open to the Sin'dorei and Tauren amongst the Horde races. Amongst the Alliance, all races remain welcome to attend!

The event is on Monday the 5th of September - starting at 19:00 (later than prior events, for reasons I will soon specify) and going on however long it can keep momentum, hopefully long beyond the arranged festivities! As usual, it will be held in the large open space between the elevators to the Aldor Rise and Scryer's Tier (marked on a map below).

Map:
Spoiler:

I will just have begun attending college by the time this event rolls around, so I cannot promise that I will be present. If that is the case, Exaythe and Drustai will stand in my place. I've moved the event forward slightly in the hopes it will match up with my schedule anyway. I'm sure people will have fun with or without me - even if my inspiring presence will no doubt be sorely missed by most. Wink

As every year, the "encouraged activities" for the Festival of the Light are as follows;

- Gift Sharing (Everyone is encouraged to bring gifts to give to other attendees. I recommend buying a large number of cheap novelty items such as low level cloth items and vanity offhands, then gift-wrapping them and giving them out at random. It can bring on some very amusing In Character consequences!)

- The Burning of Sins (Write a Confession on a piece of paper, tie the paper to a Firework Piece and send it off. This will be the only supervised activity - can't have you blow your fingers off with a firework on our peaceful celebration!)

- Lightshow (Fireworks bonanza from the elevated areas and all around the festival grounds. Bring your own and add to the flares!)

- Quel'danas Memoriam (Speech to remind the Horde and the Alliance of the sacrifices made by both to defeat Kil'jaeden. Speech will be held by a lead representative of both factions, one in turn after another, and both speeches will be translated in /raid for the benefit of all attendees.)

All of these are up to the attendees rather than the arrangers, however we arranging it will try to keep the flow going and encourage people IC to get to these activities!

If necessary I have a Horde character with which to lead this event Horde-side, but I would much prefer it if someone, Blood Elf or Tauren, was to volunteer to be responsible for the Horde-side festivities (to relieve some of the burden!).

Requirements for the Horde-side rep would be;

A) In Character background with Light-worship of some variety - meaning no "Old School" Blood Knights for example. Tauren Sunwalkers/Priests qualify as Light-worshippers - of a sort.

B) Must be available through constant OOC contact during the event (and intermitten contact prior to the event), preferrably through Real ID but if not that, then through MSN.

If you're interested, send me a PM here on the forums.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

[A+BE+T] 2011 Festival of the Light Empty Re: [A+BE+T] 2011 Festival of the Light

Post by Thelos Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:57 pm

I've been looking for an opportunity to RP in Shattrath. Count me in!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A+BE+T] 2011 Festival of the Light Empty Re: [A+BE+T] 2011 Festival of the Light

Post by Geneviève Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:59 pm

Scheduling a meeting for Lighty's whilst all the paladins should be taking part in Mistmantle's Joust! Shame on thee!
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:04 pm

Geneviève wrote:Scheduling a meeting for Lighty's whilst all the paladins should be taking part in Mistmantle's Joust! Shame on thee!

I think he might have missed the date for that, as he's been very busy.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:19 pm

I... LOVE the taurahe invitation. XD

Edit: No seriously, that pic made my day! Hilarious. Very Happy
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Iralan Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:43 am

Well, enjoy the event.......

...although I must express, that Light-ification of any kind among the horde is an unwelcomed guest at my door steps.

Shame Blizzard turned It's back on a promising project of the Sin'Dorei, the true lords over the light, and kicked them back into their light-brainwashed days of the past.
Iralan
Iralan

Character sheet
Name: Iralan Brightstar
Title: Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:49 am

I will definitely be there! I finally have a character who actually has a reason to go yipee! Very Happy (Drustai, expect to be badgered for more tutoring.)

And the posters are beautiful ... and the Taurahe one made me squirt hot tea out of my nose. XD I can't believe I actually understood the message hahahahaha! Drustai, you're a genius and I love you and I want to have ugly, undead ababyminations with you.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:56 am

Shaelyssa wrote:I will definitely be there! I finally have a character who actually has a reason to go yipee! Very Happy (Drustai, expect to be badgered for more tutoring.)

And the posters are beautiful ... and the Taurahe one made me squirt hot tea out of my nose. XD I can't believe I actually understood the message hahahahaha! Drustai, you're a genius and I love you and I want to have ugly, undead ababyminations with you.

You are dead to me Shae.

(the poster was totally awesome.)

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:17 am

Geneviève wrote:Scheduling a meeting for Lighty's whilst all the paladins should be taking part in Mistmantle's Joust! Shame on thee!

Hmh. As Drustai said, I didn't notice this - I really dislike the "Noble house"-RP personally, so I just avoid it, which is why I didn't notice these are apparently on the same date... Although, since my event has been on the same date for two years prior, I won't shoulder any blame Razz

I'm sure the two events can survive eachother just fine, though. While any right-thinking Paladin would attend an event dedicated to the Holy Light, I find that most Paladins aren't quite right in the head anyway! <..<
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:29 pm

Of course they can survive each other fine. I'm just gutted I'll be missing this event. D:
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:39 pm

Due to circumstances of "Major Suckage" I will not be able to do anything Horde-side during this event. It would be very good if someone Horde-side could handle raid arrangement as well as in-character speeches and activities.

No, seriously, any volunteer would be great.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Bumping this 'cause the event is in a few hours and I want to give myself a last chance to stress-invite some people.

I swear, next year, I'm going to plan this way ahead of time and much better >_<
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Thanks to everyone who attended for coming! Especially the blood elves for giving us a Horde showing!

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:29 pm

... I hate myself so much for missing this. :[!!!!!!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:09 pm

thanks it's been too long since I RPed like that
*yes Dreadhowl Worgen rocked Very Happy
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:30 pm

I'll say, there we were celebrating the Light when all of a sudden - WOLVES, wolves everywhere! A pleasant though perhaps a little harrowing suprise.

Thanks for everyone that attended and Sanara for organizing the event. I've been wanting to RP in Shattrath for a long time now, and I've gotten more than my fill Smile.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:43 am

Thank you for the great event Sanara, already looking forward to next year!

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bharun Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:46 am

\o/

[A+BE+T] 2011 Festival of the Light Wowscr11
Bharun
Bharun

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrós/Cále Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:45 am

I am beating myself up for missing this. Seriously! D: But I'm glad to hear the event was a success; hopefully I'll be able to make it next year Smile
Tyrós/Cále
Tyrós/Cále

Character sheet
Name: Cale Lightsinger
Title: Patriarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:23 am

Drustai.. Dancing?!
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:24 am

*eyes screenshot*
It appears it was good I didn't have time to show up.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:26 am

Sorayah/Rhenya wrote:Drustai.. Dancing?!

She was the first one to do so aswel!

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Wow there is actually a male Draenei in the picture aswell! :O
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Spot my secret alt in the pic and win
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Kyrby wrote:Spot my secret alt in the pic and win

The bear skin rug on the floor.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next