Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An idea of mine and a query of interest

5 posters

Go down

An idea of mine and a query of interest Empty An idea of mine and a query of interest

Post by Gahalla Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:33 pm

Since a few months back I've started thinking about how awesome a game about the feudal period would be, spending the time I travel to and from school thinking on it (I spend 2,5 hours every weekday travelling... so I got plenty of time to think).

When my computer died on me last week (I was forced to format it... and now that I have reinstalled everything I find that I've run out of gametime for wow... that's just typical, isn't it?) I started thinking on how to try to make such my idea a reality.

The basic idea being a forumbased roleplaying game in which one plays a feudal lord or lady. Roleplaying that character and administrating one's domain. Nothing complex, no more rules than is absolutely neseccary. More freeform than anything else.

A game of tiny specks of civilization in the vast oceans of untouched wilderness, a time where mankind fought hard not to be devoured by nature. A setting of dark nights, witches in remote cabins, wherewolves howling to the moon in the distance and trolls hiding under remote bridges. Of knights and fighting for justice, honour, glory and a divine cause. Of protecting your people, converting the unfaithful and ensuring the future of your children and heirs. A game where it is up to the players to help shape the world.

I was wondering... would anyone here like to play a game like that? Assuming the role of a count or duke in a "gritty" fantasy (as in: a rather realistic one, but not too realistic) setting I'm cooking up?
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

An idea of mine and a query of interest Empty Re: An idea of mine and a query of interest

Post by Mordazan Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:20 pm

what you're asking is: Would anyone be interrested in forum RP.

If that much is true, I've done it quite a bit in the past and it would be interresting to atleast try it out again Smile
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

An idea of mine and a query of interest Empty Re: An idea of mine and a query of interest

Post by Halya Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:38 am

Make a seperate forum, then link people to it from here, is my recommendation.
Halya
Halya

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Lancelot Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:25 am

Sound like Warhammer Fantasy to me.

Its a grim world, you don't want to go into forest all by yourself there.

Sir Lancelot

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:57 am

Could give it a go, not that I am dat good in forum RP.
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Halya Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:47 am

Drakenhof wrote:Sound like Warhammer Fantasy to me.

Its a grim , you don't want to go into forest all by yourself there.

I suspect there's an aim for a lot less magic and races... I think. Just nasties in the woods.
Halya
Halya

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Mordazan: Great

Halya: Right now I'm more or less just seeing if there's any interest. My ruleset isn't completely finished or anything. Just want to make sure I'm not fleshing something out only to find noone is interested at all.

Regarding the warhammer thing: Not that extreme, I'm not very fond of warhammer's "we could be wiped out at any moment, and that's if we're lucky"-atmosphere. Most monsters in my game would be little more than legends and a lot of people would even mock you for believing in them (but not for following the moral of the story... like not travel at night or avoid deep and swift rapids). That said... the mediveal world is harsh and unforgiving. It is a time of horrific disease, crippling famine, ruinous wars and a never ceasing struggle against nature to feed your family.

Dharum: No worries, the most important trait in such game is a willingness to be patient and stick around.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:18 pm

I'd play that if the rules make more sense than WoW RP.

"Thou shalt not kill VanCleef ICly!"
"Thou shalt rename Ashbringer into Ashflame because we shalt flame you otherwise!"

You get the idea?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:25 pm

we could start out with a casual starter-up plot for the not-so-experienced forum RPers, just to get a feel of things. (I'm thinking something as simple as "your character walks into a bar"-descriptions)
I did my forum RP before I started WoW, so I'm rusty aswell.

If you want help to define stuff I could help out a bit (very busy IRL currently, but I'll see what I can do).
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Halya Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:24 am

All said, I'd gladly participate, the theme sounds engaging.
Halya
Halya

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:50 am

I guess I'd give it a shot.

Never done anything forum-wise before, so...

"What's the worst that can happen!!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Marrenus: Those exact rules would not be there no. If the king has this epic artifact, then feel free to try to steal it. If I introduce Van cleef-esque character then you may try to have him killed. Mind... there's no guarantee you'll succeed... or survive the consequences.

Beyond a few obvious "Play-nice" rules and such the only real rules would be those of the little economic model I'm developing for this (again, nothing complex... it's just there to provide me with a tool to create events and give you an actual idea of what you all rule and have at your disposal).

Mordazan: That's a good idea, yes.

Halya, Cyaska: Glad to hear you're interested.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Halya Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Would we be 'creating' our own territory, or choosing it?
Halya
Halya

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

I haven't decided yet. My current idea is that while I create your lands, I'll create them with your wishes in mind. So if one of you say that you want a mountainous province, i'll give you that and adapt the number of villages and available resources based on that.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Halya Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:45 pm

Ah, I expected a smaller scale. Les gasp. Well, update us if you plan to chug ahead.
Halya
Halya

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Evil Fat Baron here who exploits his serfs and demands huge tolls for anyone passing trough his lands *nod*
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:37 pm

Ah, I expected a smaller scale. Les gasp. Well, update us if you plan to chug ahead.

It sounds far worse than it is. You'll only have a handful of villages in your lands which you'll have to direct.

I've finished a rough sketch of the rules now. Me and Terenor will run a few "simulations" to make sure it works properly next.

Evil Fat Baron here who exploits his serfs and demands huge tolls for anyone passing trough his lands *nod*

That's the spirit!
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Halya Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:21 pm

I've given more thought to lands than an individual, to be honest.
Halya
Halya

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down