Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How would you describe your characters' alignment?

+21
Magaskawee/Anaei
Sorayah
Nessra Sunwhisper
Darilas
itsy
Ara
Unknown
Zinkle Figgins
Muzjhath
Sanara
The Misty Beast
Gesh
Ron Sexton
Antistia
Gahalla
Grufftoof
Morinth
Drustai
Kristeas Sunbinder
Demurral
Nayan
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How would you describe your characters' alignment? Empty How would you describe your characters' alignment?

Post by Nayan Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:29 am

Don't recall any such topic (and tbh makes more sense to me than "what is your char's favourite cereal", no offense xD) so there you have it. What is your characters' real alignment?

I do believe that most everyone here knows what that is, but for the sake of covering the chance someone might not, P&P (Pen and paper) RP games tend to have an attribute we should SO have in WoW too: alignment. A character can be one of:
Lawful Good - Neutral Good - Chaotic Good
Lawful Neutral - True Neutral - Chaotic Neutral
Lawful Evil - Neutral Evil - Chaotic Evil
The second part is determining their intentions, while the first part is determining the means they use to get the results they want.

Here goes.

Nayan - Chaotic Neutral
Valgor - Chaotic Good
Fin'doras - Lawful Evil
Zayalaydah - Lawful Neutral
Veylar - Lawful Good
Reliah - Chaotic Good
Atalsae - Lawful Evil
Sothers - Lawful Neutral
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

How would you describe your characters' alignment? Empty Re: How would you describe your characters' alignment?

Post by Demurral Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:32 am

Manoch Morgan - Lawful Good
Calenia Falodrian - Chaotic Neutral
Nayru Valthia - Lawful Good
Calen Darkbane - Chaotic Evil (corrupted) Neutral Good (normal)
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

How would you describe your characters' alignment? Empty Re: How would you describe your characters' alignment?

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:59 am

Kristeas Sunbinder: Lawful Neutral
Karestarian: Lawful Neutral
Edmund "Eggmund" Ghrey: Chaotic Neutral (Leaning Evil)
Agremaz "Fuse" Blastercharge the Third: Capitalist... I mean Chaotic Neutral

Last edited by Kristeas Sunbinder on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:59 am

Dru's is very hard for me to pin point.

I've jumped between Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, Lawful Evil, and Neutral Evil. She's got elements of all four, and it's hard to determine where she fits in best. Right now I have her set at Lawful Neutral.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:03 am

Morinth: Chaotic Evil XD

Lyliath: Chaotic Good

Elesis: Chaotic Evil

Fuzlpop: Neutral Good
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:23 am

Hmmm. In any D&D (or online variation of the WotC world) I have always tended quite heavily toward Chaotic Good. And that's probably me.

But here, my characters in WoW? It's hard. I have a difficulty thinking of it quite so easy as Good and Evil in WoW. Though some of my character's actions are inherently wrong...

Grufftoof: Chaotic Evil. Possibly. However he is guided by his own (very warped principles) and as such is possibly Lawful Evil. Which just "sounds" weird. There's some stuff I read that fit Grufftoof very well some time ago. Which is characters that are "Strongly Chaotic Neutral" - "a character who behaves chaotically to the point of appearing insane".

Tynka/Trigga/Sprokkit: As creations of Grufftoof using simple binary computing and magic, they're Lawful Evil (as they follow his programming).

Bryn: The Old School D&D Druid alignment. True Neutral.

Whiskers: As the Herald of King Rat, Lawful Evil.

Jujuba: Chaotic Neutral/Good.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:29 am

Gahalla is easy. A deep respect for the law as an institution and a concept and a genuine care for everyone's well being.
Lawful Good.

Vopyna Blacksmoke, my dwarf that I haven't played for a long time is a bit trickier. She's pragmatic and has (had) plenty of touches of realpolitik in her term in the Senate. She believes that law and tradition are necessary but she does not directly care for people she's not responsible for. She does not however sacrefice strangers for her goals lightly.
Lawful Neutral with Evil potential*.

Lieutenant Jayanti Flashcharge is very tricky. She believes in people's common sense and ability to think for themselves (as opposed to law) but also that sometimes rules and law might be needed to make up for (or prevent)... bad decisions. She thinks a society without law is a good idea but wouldn't work in praxis, but she doesn't trust a strict lawbound society to be the best for people either.
As for the good-evil axis. Jayanti will sacrefice strangers, even innocents, if the mission/duty calls for it. Without batting an eyelash. She would however look for ways around this, try to find alternate solutions and such (if time allows it). Partly because of tactical reasons and partly because she finds it an unecessary waste of life.
True Neutral with Evil tendencies*.

* Some nomenclature clarifications from my side:
With potential I mean that if put in certain situations they can starts drifting towards that point. With tendencies I mean essentially balancing between the alignments.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:53 am

Antistia: Lawful evil.
Cerrania: Hard to say.
Kedran: Chaotic evil.
Caelus: Lawful evil.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sexton Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:54 am

Hrm, this is a difficult one. After several minutes of pondering, I've come to the conclusion that Frulamin is Chaotic Good - He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly.
Ron Sexton
Ron Sexton

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:07 am

Emberstone: I'm gonna say neutral good because I can picture her standing up against a ruling body if certain regulations would be deemed inhumane. A good example within Westfall, King Varian would rather spend money on a statue then food for his people and then he complains about the defias?. Would never kill an innocent creature.

Lukent: I'm struggling to place him, but I'm proably gonna go with lawful good. He made alot of mistake whilst he was young, the worst one had him threw him in jail. He might not truely agree with the situation in Westfalls but he reconises it as a grim shame that needs to be fixed, but needed to happen because of the war. Would avoid killing innocences, but if it was the only option, could.

Vectoria:lawful neutral, There would've been a time when I could've quite easily put her in the crazy pile of chaotic evil but I feel her recent ethical intentions have always been more towards the " Good of the Kingdom. " rather then " For the downfall of my foes. " To me that feels far more neutral then evil, the say way a mother would protect her children with her life. Since her removal from fel addiction she's grown less and less sadistic, to the point where she may feel remorse for " needed force. " but in the end it's for the good of her kind and inturn herself. Has killed civillians in the past, albeit it at time where wasen't thinking straight this still haunts her to this day and a deep-rooted mistrust of Apothecaries with it, She would if she had to.

Jovvie: Chaotic neutral, He's incredibly naive and prejudist at the sametime Kurella could quite easily fool him into believing the Druids attacking her skinning plantation are here to steal the lovely puppies from their homes! and he would go batshit elemental on their arses. At the sametime if he saw a night elf run at him for trespassing in Teldressil, and he got hit. He would defend himself, and be generally pissed at Night elves for awhile, if alittle wet-eyed and " Why'd you hit me!? D: ". Could quite easily be manipulated into sending a Thunderstorm upon an orphanage if he wasen't told of the contence. I don't think he's capable of doing it so loosely though, he would proably break down and cry if given the choices.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:32 am

Vondun: Lawful Evil
Garlokk: Lawful Evil
Warmongerer: Lawful Evil
Santern: Lawful Evil
Gustavson: Lawful Evil
Rinneg: Lawful Evil

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:41 am

Merandil tends to switch between Lawful Neutral and Chaotic Good depending on his mood and the situation. That's the problem with the DND scale though, some characters do tend to transcend a conventional alignment.

Most of my others are slightly more straightforward, though;

Sanara is Chaotic Good (or Neutral Good, if you consider Chaotic to just be chaotic for its own sake).

Neela is Neutral Good, with no real care either direction but a desire to do good when it is possible.

Blinkie is Lawful Evil, envisioning a world where she rules undisputed over all with the ultimate power at her command.

Laraan is Lawful Neutral, trying to cling to traditional Draenei values even as she commits horrible acts of violence and brutality for the greater good.

Telana is Lawful Good through and through, typical Paladin alignment.

Wozniak the Dark Summoner is Chaotic Evil. Some men just want to watch the world burn - Wozniak wants to be the one to light the fuse.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:55 am

Well, I have debated the DnD alignment system many a time on the realm and RP forum over at blizzard. Not sure here, so some of you might know that I really find it lacking. Very lacking. Doesn't stop me from trying to put my characters into it. But will use a system that I find more realistic at the side of it, using Morality from World of Darkness.

Marogg: My, now dead, old orc was very much an orc that lived by honour. He had killed others, and during the years of the blood lust done as many disspeachable things as an other orcs, with the human filled cookpots and all. But after it all when he was himself again he was a firm believer in honour and didn't see killing as many humans as possible as overly honourable without a good cause behind it. He would also never break what he saw as that code, and would pursue orcs he saw did to terrible degrees.
So, I would place him as Lawfull Good within an Alignment. His morality would be 6 in WoD's morality system. Since he has no problems with taking a life, or doing what's nessecary when needed.

Muzhath: My not dead orc is very different. She uses honour as a thing to hide her true nature behind, and as an image of her Tribe. Personally she cares nothing for honour, which a very small amount of orcs know. She does care about the Red Blades as well as Kozgugore's honour and would kill to defend those. Otherwise she doesn't care for any codes, and is a very damaged creature with how she grew up, and what's happened after that.
Chaotic Evil is the alginment most fitting, while Morality 3 describes her better.

Ganye: My Gurubashi troll is easy. While he has a big hate for most not trolls due to experiences with the other races, and Bashi propaganda, he doesn't really kill anyone, or hurt anyone for that matter, without reason. Yet, he kills to sate his hunger. And he's a hungry hungry troll.
Would place him in the Chaotic Neutral box, and set his morality as 5

Helanie: Is a very different case from these. She's devout and generally a nice person. If she has some racial views that think of others as lesser that she is trying to step above. She's a law abiding citizen and mostly just.
Alginment Lawfull Good, morality is at 8.

Otwa and Samtil are both not RPed enough to be developed fully. Yet Otwa is True Neutral, with a morality around 7, while Samtil is Chaotic Good with a morality that has yet begin to drop, at 8, or 9 (if I ever start Roleplaying her more I wouldn't be surprised if her Morality would start dropping like a stone).
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:10 am

Nayan wrote:The second part is determining their intentions, while the first part is determining the means they use to get the results they want.

Also, this is a bit inaccurate. Good/Neutral/Evil is about action, not just intent. Thinking good doesn't make you good. Acting on those good impulses does. Same as thinking evil doesn't make you evil, acting on them does.

And hrm. If we use the WoD scale, then Dru would probably be a 4.

Last edited by Drustai on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:20 am

I'd say Zinkle is a Chaotic Neutral.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:45 am

Tylaen (Uncorrupted) Was chaotic good for his rebel actions, mostly fighting fire with STRONGER FIRE!

Tylaen ((Corrupted)) Chaotic evil and Is by no doubt one of the most complex characters I've ever played

Tylaen ((In another body)) Neutral evil. GEEEEh.

Aerian was Neutral good, untill something happened.
Unknown
Unknown

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:46 am

Kyrby AKA Bob would I suppose rate as Chaotic Good:
He used to be chaotic neutral seeing his demons as mearly tools to get a job done but over the last few months of demonic possessions and tratorious minions he cast them off realising the error of his ways and went to Chaotic good.
So now he's a demon hating warlock that will use what magics he has to always do what's right.
Needless to say his demons do not like this and he risks his very soul on the rare times that he casts a good old fashioned Bob spell.
Warlock risking his mortal soul to do good Vs Paladin risking his body to do good...
Who is more just or devout I dunno what to call it Very Happy

N.B.
I'd also like to blame Fayen's influence over the last few months of RP turning Bob from a miserable / bitter warlock into a bundle of well less miserable but still slightly bitter warlock
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:47 am

Itsy Sparksprocket - Chaotic Neutral

"Bitsy" Sparksprocket - Lawful Evil

Glilya "Shiv" Gearcruncher - Chaotic Neutral, would have previously been closer to True Neutral or Lawful Neutral but she's no longer an agent of the Horde.
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:57 am

Darilas: chaotic good
Irelia: lawful good
Aneeta/Annyra: uhm... she wás lawful good... leaning to evil now O.o
Berlando: chaotic neutral
Dinnara: lawful neutral
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Nessra, blood elf: Lawful Neutral
Anegra, worgen: Chaotic Good
Nareesha, blood elf: Lawful Evil
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Sorayah: Lawful good
Lydion: True neutral
Rhenya: Chaotic neutral
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Anaei - Lawful Neutral
Vezullia - Lawful Good
Astryde - Chaotic Evil (as any good Dark Iron should.)
Iladora - Neutral Good
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Terenor Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Terenor Tomebinder.
Terenor, the former cultist of the damned. He's killed before and is unapologetic for it. Given reason he would kill again without any qualms about it. For most of his life he's been obsessed with attaining immortality and only recently begun to realize all the mistakes he's made because of this. Now his quest for immortality is little more than a faded dream, the only reason why he still cling to it is because he refuse to believe that his life, flawed as it may be, was a complete waste.
Terenor believes that law and order is necessary for society to survive and that people seldom can be expected to make wise decisions without guidance.

So what alignment is Terenor? I would peg him as Lawful Evil. He is, however, a disillusioned lawful evil character. He's certainly capable of evil, but he does not have a scheme to follow, nor the will to think of one.
He's just a man who lingers rather than lives.

Joliwa Aerovelociticator II
Joliwa believes that people should be free to live according to their own devices, and if they cannot come to good decisions that they will hopefully learn from their mistakes. She believes that people are, at the core, intelligent enough to make decision that are best for themselves and, in true gnomish fashion, in this way help society, at least a little.
Joliwa doesn't feel particularly for people she doesn't know. She does not hate them, and if someone asked for help she would probably give it. However she does not go out of her way to help people in need. She does what she must, and what she can, but not much more.

I would peg Joliwa as Chaotic Neutral

Terenor

Character sheet
Name: Terenor Tomebinder
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Timna - Chaotic/Neutral Good.
Coris - Chaotic Neutral/Evil.

Only characters I can determine for now.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicalos Jefferson Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:13 am

Nicalos : Lawful Good

He went from chaotic neutral, to lawful good due a very strong sense of needed redemption after the Gilneas event. That's why he joined the guards, though certain events within the regiment aren't in sync with his alignment making up for some tough to take decisions ^^
Nicalos Jefferson
Nicalos Jefferson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next