Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theramore RP Hub

+8
Gustov
Gesh
Morgeth
Muzjhath
Morinth
Drustai
Ledgic
Aius
12 posters

Go down

Theramore RP Hub Empty Theramore RP Hub

Post by Aius Mon May 23, 2011 12:16 am

Please scroll down and read the 12th and 13th posts on this topic for further information on how the hub will be run.

After much thought, planning and discussion between the officers in my guild, Banner of Theramore, and others from outside the guild, we've decided to try and develop Theramore into an RP hub. We're going to slightly re purpose our guild, and begin letting people join who wish to RP citizens of Theramore, Tradesmen, Fishermen, Sailors, Doctors or whatever they wish, but while RPing in Theramore. ICly the guild currently being an Alliance Naval guild will move to Theramore after being reassigned to Theramore from Stormwind City. People will still be able to join for the Alliance Naval side, becoming soldiers, marines and sailors etc. but with Theramore being a maritime city, it'll be much easier for the Naval/Military side of the guild to create events and RP the role in a much more suitable environment.

The reason for recruiting civilians, is that the main aim of the guild now will be to bring RP of all sorts to Theramore and the surrounding region. With it being in one guild dedicated to that goal, people won't have to go out of their way to find other people to arrange RP with in Theramore. Also, with the guild being based there and dedicated to Theramore RP, other guilds will then be able to come to the city and RP there within their own guilds. We have also created a dedicated chat channel called; Theramore.

In short, we aim to bring more RP to Theramore as it deserves it, and is a good change of scenery. And we'll be using the guild to manage most of the RP there. We'll be forming a small city council of elected civilians within the guild, who ICly run the city and such.

We already have members taking up certain roles; a tavern worker, Druids of the marsh, blacksmiths and carpenters.

The guild will start RPing there the coming Tuesday; 31/05/11.

If you have any thoughts or questions on the idea, please share them here or contact one of us in-game; Aius, Idonis, Manoch, Jökull, Lakeisha, Rhohan, Drazial or Atheraldias.

Last edited by Aius on Wed May 25, 2011 5:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

Aius

Back to top Go down

Theramore RP Hub Empty Re: Theramore RP Hub

Post by Ledgic Mon May 23, 2011 12:18 am

Good luck with this, the one proper time that we all moved to Theramore, however brief it was, was a really interesting time. One of my favourite RP memories, anyway.

All the best.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon May 23, 2011 12:22 am

I like this. I remember awhile back when there was a Theramore guild trying similar. There was some good activity between them and the elf/draenei guilds. You guys might want to join the 'Kalimdor' channel, for any coordination purposes on the Kalimdor front. Smile

Good luck with this!

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Mon May 23, 2011 7:18 am

Oohhhh, how smashing! Razz My crew and I have a habit of attacking Theramore. Never quite forgave one of the guilds who passed through for attacking Taurajo. Retaliated upon the city they were spied heading back to! Then Cata hit, and our old haunt was crawling with Theramore Marines... Coincidence? I think not!
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon May 23, 2011 7:39 am

Yay, finally more people in Theramore again for when you attack and raid around Dustwallow and Theramore.

Have fun there and prepare for maybe hearing a warcry now and then =D
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Mon May 23, 2011 9:17 am

Aye! I was wondering, how do you feel about some WPvP in the area? I always wanted a minor focus on a smaller area where two guilds of opposite faction kind of have their own events of guarding, patrolling and so forth. A whole undertone of being stuck together in a hostile environment, whilst avoiding the huge, direct battles.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon May 23, 2011 11:12 am

If anyone is need of a portal there, I can offer it on my alliance mage. Emberstone. ^-^
Also, a very under appreciated area for roleplay, glad to see someone giveing it it's due.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon May 23, 2011 11:59 am

Vectoria wrote:If anyone is need of a portal there, I can offer it on my alliance mage. Emberstone. ^-^

So you were Emberstone. /peer

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aius Mon May 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Morgeth wrote:Aye! I was wondering, how do you feel about some WPvP in the area? I always wanted a minor focus on a smaller area where two guilds of opposite faction kind of have their own events of guarding, patrolling and so forth. A whole undertone of being stuck together in a hostile environment, whilst avoiding the huge, direct battles.

We'd be up for something like that after we get settled in, sure we can arrange something Smile

Aius

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Mon May 23, 2011 2:09 pm

Excellent. Feel free to poke me at any time about it, via in-game or PM. Might have to be a bit into the future, but then obviously the hub will have had some time to establish too Smile
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustov Mon May 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Shady Worgen salutes you. May appear out of the blue there, just for the food and all...
Gustov
Gustov

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue May 24, 2011 6:26 am

A brilliant idea, more life to Theramore!

However I think you are making possible mistakes right from the onset.

1) You want to make it a hub, however you are almost entirely focused on the Guild you are making. It is unclear from your post if people from outside that guild are 100% welcome. Regardless of what you decide, I think you should give it a thought and explain your standpoint in the original post.

2) I can see no reference to any sort of recurring or planned events or activity-days. I think generally speaking it is better to begin a hub if you have some RP to fill it with. If it is a Guild-hub, then this is no issue of course, but otherwise you might want to think on events&services (taverns? etc)

3) Duskwood Hub has had IC and OOC troubles with leadership. At some point big descisions will have to be taken for the whole hub, and it is best if you set in advance how it is done ICly and OOCLy. Again, if this is a guild-only hub this stops being an issue!

Good luck with the project, Theramore rocks!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Tue May 24, 2011 12:06 pm

Perhaps I can clarify a bit of this for you, Exaythe.

1) - Members from outside the guild are welcome to join in, and we are infact changing the guild to allow civilian members who wish to, to join the guild. This isn't a requirement though, anyone can go there and RP with us.

2) - We haven't got many events planned at the moment, but we are hoping to poke a few of the Kalimdor guilds in few days and organise a few events with them. And again, we are having civilians in the guild to RP the tavern keepers, blacksmith, etc if they wish to, but of course, anyone outside can do so if its not already taken.

3) - I'll poke Aius about this one, I know we have some plans in that area, but I best check that we are going to use them before posting outdated information.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Aius Wed May 25, 2011 2:37 am

The hub will be run ICly by the Theramore Assembly, a council of elected civilians. The Assembly will be chaired by the High Councillor, who is also the GM of the guild. OOCly the Hub will be run by the guild's GM (the High Councillor) and OOC Officers.

People who are NOT in the guild CAN join the Assembly, however with the hub being run OOCly by the guild, we'd advise joining the guild. It would allow greater ease when arranging events and the day to day running of the hub. Also their character will still have to meet the IC requirements to become a councillor; must have been a resident for certain time, no criminal record and of course with it being an elected council, they must obtain enough votes.

The role High Councillor however is an unelected role, ICly this person is the head of the Assembly and the voice of the Theramore government. The High Councillor is -similar- to that of a Prime Minister and it is an unelected role as the he commands the Lady's military forces alongside the military commanders.

I hope that cleared things up for you, any other concerns about the hub management or the Theramore Assembly, feel free to contact me; Aius/Idonis or one of the guild's OOC Officers.

The guild's has been renamed -

Banner of Theramore

Aius

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Wed May 25, 2011 7:46 am

Unelected, head of the armed forces? That would be her Majesty, my good man! I wouldn't trust some elected career lier with my oath! Razz

Sounds good, not entirely certain whether we'll be taking part because of Elwynn etc.

Just to be a pain and ask for further clarification. What powers will the Councillor's have over the Hub IC? Can they over-rule the Hich Councillor if they're sufficiently united against him etc?
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aius Wed May 25, 2011 8:50 am

Well, the backstory is like, the High Councillor has was picked by the Lady and has sworn in oath etc, etc... (Jaina Proudmoore is still Head of State)

As for how the Theramore Assembly functions, the High Councillor chairs it, so he is above them. If an issue arises and the Assembly choose one action and he disagrees, then he is almost powerless to stop it. Unless it is a matter of grave military importance in which case he, after discussion of the issue with Theramore's military commanders, can overrule them. However, something that should warrant him to do such a thing is very unlikely to come up. Just an example of his place.

In short, the majority vote on matter wins 97.64% of the time.

Last edited by Aius on Wed May 25, 2011 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Aius

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Wed May 25, 2011 8:58 am

The idea is great and if it works out well it's a nice boost, I always liked RP outside Stormwind, gives life to Azeroth. Since we are not enough people to populate every corner in the world a few RP hubs is a good solution.

Just a few things:
- Try to keep it simple in the beginning, to have a working tavern would be a key to get people outside the guild there, if things go well you can move along with more advanced plans
- Patience, just in Theramore there have been 3-4 similair attempts before, some nights it can be empty and it can take a while before people find their way there. The key to success is just to keep going.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aius Wed May 25, 2011 9:16 am

Aye, we have a few members who are were sailors and marines in guild formerly changing to Tavern Workers and Smithies etc. And we used to the quite nights from RPing on ships in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks for the interest.

Aius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down