Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shadow of Nine

+43
Nuraahi
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Aadaria-Ioanna
Astraea
Janela Thunderwing
Kittrina
Valerias
Arathoran
Saevir
Osmand
kal thas
Sophie
Zhakiri
Kil'drakor
Rasonal Dranger
Geneviève
Cathee Norris
Dardric/Vaedric
Muzjhath
Jehorius
Rmuffn
Thomas
Demurral
teirzul
Eloresh
Amaryl
Mervyn
Jayse
Gahalla
Geldar
The Misty Beast
Eodan
Ixirar
Maelmoor
Mandui
Morinth
Unknown
Jeanpierre
Cid
Nithel
Lavian
Gesh
Seranita
47 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Shadow of Nine - Page 2 Empty Re: The Shadow of Nine

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:44 am

Yeah but they're having a boom now, new guild on the server, loads of members etc. I really don't think they will be able to keep this up, there will be boring nights, less members will show up. Yeah they got a 20 man raid, good for them, people will only play cat and mouse with them for so long and with guilds coming and going so fast nowadays, if in a month they're still doing this I will pretty damn surprised.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:06 am

Arli, can you tell us how standing ontop of a few RP-ers with mammoths, proto-drakes, randomly mutated drakes, spamming /duel at every person and trying your best at provoking and disrupting an event will make the lot any different from the Goons? Were you at least trying to tell them that that particular band of role-players weren't up for some glorified 'W-PvP' in Loch Modan at that given time?

Last edited by Gooze on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:12 am

This reminds back in the days Goons raided Duskwood every night. What we did back then: Either get a raid going to push them back and corpsecamp them into heartstoning back to Ogrimmar. Bloodwind was a real help here. Geldar helped me a lot. (Thanks for that! Very Happy )

I remember this! Was lovely PvP and they never came back afterwards, was glad to help! As for the SoN, me be thinking more curb stomping is required to deal with this delicate matter.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:24 am

Out of curiosity... if they are looking for w-pvp... Couldn't this be solved by giving them just that. In another location than the hub? Essentially a deal where some people promise to fight them somewhere if they stay away form the rp-hub?
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:27 am

Gahalla wrote:Out of curiosity... if they are looking for w-pvp... Couldn't this be solved by giving them just that. In another location than the hub? Essentially a deal where some people promise to fight them somewhere if they stay away form the rp-hub?

Judging from past experience, that notion of promoting W-PvP with consideration to the RP-ers on the realm was a facade. They are just as much out for griefing as any harassment guild, they just hid it enough to initially fool people.

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:28 am

Gooze wrote:Arli, can you tell us how standing ontop of a few RP-ers with mammoths, proto-drakes, randomly mutated drakes, spamming /duel at every person and trying your best at provoking and disrupting an event will make the lot any different from the Goons? Were you at least trying to tell them that that particular band of role-players weren't up for some glorified 'W-PvP' in Loch Modan at that given time?

The Guild Leader was telling us that he was talking to one of you and made a deal that if that one jumped off the cliff we would leave them alone (odd request but there you go). Also, this kicked off because of the post one of the Three Hammers made on the Blizz forum. Both myself and Khazard were trying to get them to be more rp about what they were doing and I tried myself to keep out of harrassing you guys (I did a few emotes and rp stares and only piled in when you fought a guildie).

I don't condone what they do wrt the hatred of rp'ers, I had hoped to be able to moderate them to not specifically target the rp community. However, I've just been chatting to a workmate who knew them when they were on Ravenholdt and were "The Holy Half Deads" - they were known as griefers and it's unfortunately looking like they haven't changed.

The guild may not get tired of this in Duskwood - they are an established guild that has hopped around a few servers and there are still people transferring to the server to join them.

And yes - give them a fight some other place may work, talk to Faylum if serious about this.

I like the wpvp, I wish they would do more and go for proper targets. I guess I will have to make Arli guildless soon Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:35 am

Actually, if you could name who the Gleader was talking with would be appreciated. Not to me of course, but someone from the Three Hammers officers. And trust me, making it 'more RP' won't make it any more acceptible, at least for smaller events like these. If the lot wanted to fight, they hadn't been blatantly trying to ignore the gigantic mount-parade held ontop of our heads and campfires.

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:37 am

I can't recall the name - but it was the lowbie who jumped off the cliff.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:40 am

So instead of talking with an officer (a rank that's even named like that in the guild), he chose to communicate with a lowbie? Alright, I guess that's a way of putting the blame on someone other. Yay for loopholes \o/

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:50 am

The answer is simple:

The Shadow of Nine - Page 2 Curbstomp

Destroy them, camp them. They can't fight when they come up against even a fairly average opposition and run away tail between thier legs. *shrugs* Just depends weather or not I can be arsed to give them the time of day, which right now.. isn't looking likley.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:01 pm

ROFL @ that pic xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Gooze wrote:So instead of talking with an officer (a rank that's even named like that in the guild), he chose to communicate with a lowbie? Alright, I guess that's a way of putting the blame on someone other. Yay for loopholes \o/

No, I think the lowbie logged a horde alt to talk to him, I don't think Faylum started up the conversation.

Give them a fight, it's what they want - stop hanging out in the cities blue-shielded you pvp guilds Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:32 pm

arli wrote:
Gooze wrote:So instead of talking with an officer (a rank that's even named like that in the guild), he chose to communicate with a lowbie? Alright, I guess that's a way of putting the blame on someone other. Yay for loopholes \o/

No, I think the lowbie logged a horde alt to talk to him, I don't think Faylum started up the conversation.

Give them a fight, it's what they want - stop hanging out in the cities blue-shielded you pvp guilds Smile

Is that still the excuse they're using? Sad
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Yes it is, and I had a 'heated debate' with the GL this morning on their forum. His attitude is "most the members are agreed that perhaps attack rpers more often and repeatably hitting hubs will create better pvp 'as it already has'."

The repeated theme is that they are fighting the rp community because you guys never liked them from the start (kinda understandable because of what was posted on the Blizz forum by troublemakers) and that they can't get WPvP any other way because the PvP guilds alliance side are only interested in BGs and Arenas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:48 pm

arli wrote:Yes it is, and I had a 'heated debate' with the GL this morning on their forum. His attitude is "most the members are agreed that perhaps attack rpers more often and repeatably hitting hubs will create better pvp 'as it already has'."

The repeated theme is that they are fighting the rp community because you guys never liked them from the start (kinda understandable because of what was posted on the Blizz forum by troublemakers) and that they can't get WPvP any other way because the PvP guilds alliance side are only interested in BGs and Arenas.

The Shadow of Nine - Page 2 Boohoo

So if it's a fight they want, from me.. it's a fight they -wont- get ^^ I've got far better things to do then chase people on flying mounts. Thier attitude to it (on a RP server) made thier own bed. *le shrug*
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Just trying to help by providing insider info in the hope of coming up with some solution.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Jayse wrote:
So if it's a fight they want, from me.. it's a fight they -wont- get ^^ I've got far better things to do then chase people on flying mounts. Thier attitude to it (on a RP server) made thier own bed. *le shrug*
Echo...echo...

But yeah, that's the bottom line. They can boohoo all they want, they're simply too late. They didn't only miss the lively PvP days but they're also not offering any decent challenge. So they can keep stomping their feet and throw tantrums all they like. People just cba anymore. If anything, they should blame Blizzard for screwing up the game.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Easiest way to put out a fire is to remove it's source of fuel. They come to fight but lo and behold they don't actually get the fights they look for..

They eventually get bored.. and start hanging around Cap cities, still dont get the fight.. Try the RP hubs again and realise there isn't a fight as noone is biting to them..

They get truly bored of jerking off and they go the way of the goons ^^

Profit?
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Goons at least had their pve progress to keep them busy when no one would come fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Oh, on a last note, I wouldn't grace their threads on the realm forums with any posts at all. Let them happily talk to each other ^^
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:38 pm

*sighs* so no help for duskwood then Sad
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:41 pm

This does pose the question what good "ignoring" is going to aid Duskwood. Except fleeing town :S
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:44 pm

duskwood has been abandond by the alliance again and left to ruin *weeps*
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:48 pm

Uh no.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Chareshía wrote:duskwood has been abandond by the alliance again and left to ruin *weeps*
Gear up
Fight back
???
Profit
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next