Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shadow of Nine

+43
Nuraahi
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Aadaria-Ioanna
Astraea
Janela Thunderwing
Kittrina
Valerias
Arathoran
Saevir
Osmand
kal thas
Sophie
Zhakiri
Kil'drakor
Rasonal Dranger
Geneviève
Cathee Norris
Dardric/Vaedric
Muzjhath
Jehorius
Rmuffn
Thomas
Demurral
teirzul
Eloresh
Amaryl
Mervyn
Jayse
Gahalla
Geldar
The Misty Beast
Eodan
Ixirar
Maelmoor
Mandui
Morinth
Unknown
Jeanpierre
Cid
Nithel
Lavian
Gesh
Seranita
47 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Shadow of Nine Empty The Shadow of Nine

Post by Seranita Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:03 am

ok hello I dont know if this is needed or not... I knwo we are on a PVP realm but the punters from horde The Shadow Of Nine are constantly and incesently disrupting RP in duskwood.. it is happening every night now, dont get me wrong I like a bit of pvp from time to time but it is starting to distroy the new hub we have worked so hard to make.. if they keep this up ,.. duskwood could be in trouble,.. any help?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

The Shadow of Nine Empty Re: The Shadow of Nine

Post by Gesh Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:20 am

I propose a defense channel to be created. Or request level 85s within DuskwoodRP or whatever you use.

I'll be sure to join on all my alliance toons.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:26 am

we would and have but these guys are maxed out pvp gear and we just cannot compete.. we try colling others and they amass more,.. last thime they hit us with a 20 man raid
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:19 am

Poke Bloodwind more. We've dealt with that lot in Duskwood before.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:54 am

any names that i can contact?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:55 am

This reminds back in the days Goons raided Duskwood every night. What we did back then: Either get a raid going to push them back and corpsecamp them into heartstoning back to Ogrimmar. Bloodwind was a real help here. Geldar helped me a lot. (Thanks for that! Very Happy )

If you can't however bring people en mass; just organise a little event at the border of Duskwood for example so you can move the RP from where they are camping to little known places that won't be found so easily.

Good luck! For Duskwood!

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:35 am

They're griefers much like Goons, their excuse is the W-PvP. To get attention they gank RP guilds to try get more guilds to come. Best idea would be as above mentioned to move someplace secluded for the time being, or into the nearby Elwynn forest (the lumber camp for example) and RP there (just imagine you're in Duskwood).
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:23 am

Well you have to try to see it from their stance really. They're just frustrated. They couldn't afford both the playboy and wow subscription any longer. It's a financial crisis for everyone after all.

But yeah.. Call me too when you need a hand. I'm far from pro but a healer can always help a hand Smile
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:35 am

*Grumble* Wonder what kind Of free time hobby this Is.
Unknown
Unknown

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:36 am

If I had an alliance alt, I'd be more'n happy to gank the bastards. They annoy me Horde side too. Neutral At least Goons have a tiny ounce of respect for themselves and don't lie about why they're ganking RP'ers. >.>
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:45 am

Chareshía wrote:we would and have but these guys are maxed out pvp gear and we just cannot compete..
Ehm...no. They don't. They're actually poorly PvP geared. As for poking Bloodwind, you can try doing so but I can't guarantee many will bother, especially considering the time you posted this... >_>
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:53 am

Mandui wrote:
Chareshía wrote:we would and have but these guys are maxed out pvp gear and we just cannot compete..
Ehm...no. They don't. They're actually poorly PvP geared. As for poking Bloodwind, you can try doing so but I can't guarantee many will bother, especially considering the time you posted this... >_>

Their there everyday, take your pick Razz
Unknown
Unknown

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:55 am

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds", sadly this is very true, it's always been much easier to be destructive than constructive and while I don't mind getting attacked while I level or so I can understand it's frustrating to be killed over and over again when you just try to have some fun.

Have you tried to contact their GM?

These kind of griefing guilds we could be without, they add nothing to the realm but trouble and are often filled up with "bottom-scrap" players who you can't even talk with, all you get is a "LOL" in the face.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:15 am

I have to sadly disagree. The one who was following me around spoke perfect English and merely went out of his way to annoy people. Very Happy Ulfang, I believe his name was. He's like an annoying and less amusing version of Braap.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:15 am

They're still bads in PVP
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:19 am

Tylaen/Aerian wrote:
Their there everyday, take your pick Razz
They might be there every day but I meant the time of the day...or night rather. I and other guildies sadly work or have other reasons to get up early in the morning, so we're usually not around that late. Even if any of us happen to be online, it's really not fun chasing them around on their flying mounts for half an hour after we show up, like it has happened the past few times. They don't even present a challenge and prefer to waste everyone's time instead Razz So many Bloodwinders really cba with it.

As for talking with the GM, I have and that several times. The convos weren't specifically about their guild or their attacks, but it was also general chitchat too. He gave the impression of a clever person and not really the one of a HERPDERP guy. Sadly, he and most of his guild view PvP differently. I doubt anyone can do anything about it. (Unless you can be bothered to gear up your toons, which is now easier than ever before, and kick their asses back xD)
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:21 am

Smells like a mass report of this guild? =3
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:22 am

Yolun wrote:Smells like a mass report of this guild? =3
You have no grounds to report them on. They are practicing PvP, which isn't against any Blizzard rules or regulations. The fact that the alliance can't/doesn't want to PvP back, in a contested territory and on a PvP server, isn't enough reason for Blizzard to do anything about it.

Last edited by Mandui on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:23 am

Yolun wrote:Smells like a mass report of this guild? =3
Report them for ganking? World PVP isn't against Blizzard's rules, and Corpse Camping is only frowned upon by the playerbase, not by blizzard.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:34 am

*sadface*
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:02 am

You won't lose Duskwood, they'll lose interest before the month is out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:11 am

As much as I'd like to support a defense... Won't that just encourage them to make it a daily habbit? They are taking Duskwood because they know they can peck a fight there.

I mean.. What is it that we're trying to defend? If we reply ICly with a "hey ho! To battle! To defend Darkshire!" then we defend both RP-PvP (since we adhere to it) as well as their arsing since they'll see it as an encouragement. If we move away, we are denying them their fun while keeping our roleplay.

But to "defeat them so they'll stop"... That would require a different mindset and one I rarely like to follow (It's basically a shit throwing fight till one drowns). I doubt it will work for a long time too. You'd also risk to provoke more like minded "low lives" who'll stand up for the challenge to prove their pathetic excuse of a lifestyle is worth more annoyance than you.

Then again.. Maybe Perturbo is right...
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:33 am

Just enjoy the battle, inform your friends to spam /1 in /2 in the cities with 'omg big raid in darkshire'

And, make sure you don't forget where you left rp'ing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 am

Perturbo wrote:You won't lose Duskwood, they'll lose interest before the month is out.
Not so sure about this. Attacking RP hubs/cities in hope to provoke a reaction seem to be the only two things this guild is about.
Jeanpierre wrote:As much as I'd like to support a defense... Won't that just encourage them to make it a daily habbit? They are taking Duskwood because they know they can peck a fight there.

I mean.. What is it that we're trying to defend? If we reply ICly with a "hey ho! To battle! To defend Darkshire!" then we defend both RP-PvP (since we adhere to it) as well as their arsing since they'll see it as an encouragement. If we move away, we are denying them their fun while keeping our roleplay.
It has already become a daily habit, no? And you don't really get to keep your RP by moving away, at least not in Duskwood or other RP hubs located in contested territories. You could move to an alliance territory and blueshield to avoid them disrupting it maybe, but the RP in Duskwood/other location you'd leave behind would be gone.

In addition, like I said before, trying to fight them with a full force like the few times my guild at least has bothered doing so, turns the whole thing into a chase rather than a fight. If I wanted to waste time, I'd rather go play fetch with my dog instead and have at least some fun.

No idea how to handle the whole thing really.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 am

If you keep fighting they will keep turning up. If you get Bloodwind/others to come aid you, ‘we’ will just bring over more and more guildies – it’s what the guild wants you to do – to fight us. I’m not sure what to advise, just stand and let them kill you for half an hour, go grab a drink, go log an alt, I don’t know but fight back and they will carry on and call over more guildies.

I may be kicked from the guild shortly for my views on their focus on attacking rp hubs…so I’ll help while I still can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next