Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Cleaning

+10
Cid
Guldujenu
Morinth
Gesh
Geldar
Rmuffn
Demurral
Mandui
Timna
Maelmoor
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spring Cleaning Empty Spring Cleaning

Post by Maelmoor Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:55 pm

Time to clean up some ooc!

Right, some years ago we did something like this and it did prove to be sucessful so I thought we should give it another go!

As we all know there are lot of players on this realm that don't follow the RP Policy set by Blizzard, as having ooc character or guild names or speaking ooc in say or yell. We often say that there is nothing we can do about it but there is! I also know that some don't report stuff cause they think Blizzard won't do anything. Sadly that can be the case, I've noticed it's quite a difference from GM to GM, some handles it quickly, some not at all.

But based on the last experience things start to happen when lot of players make tickets about it.

So next week, week 14 (4th April to 10th April) I hope as many as possible will report both ooc names and ooc behaviour. It takes a couple of minutes to write a ticket and the result is a small step towards a better realm!

In order to make it easier we can list OOC names here and I compile a list. Now im sure people can argue what is an ooc name in certain cases but please let us skip that discussion for now. List obvious ooc names and in the end it's Blizzard who decides if it's an ooc name or not. I know some of you report all the time and some of you never, whatever the case is, let us try to make an effort next week!

I will also poke people who speak oocly and explain nicely about the realm policy and RP, I do that now and then, at times people ignore you, at times people lol or tell you off but at times people understand and improve. If you tell 100 people and 10 changes their behaviour then it's also a small step for a better realm Smile If others want's to do this during next week it's great!

Alliance OOC Character Names
Appleflap
Bananamana
Barbapapa
Brownsugar
Crazyear
Crunchynut
Devildjz
Displease
Hoppetussa
Härskaren
Iprentablett
Jazzyjones
Jjt
Limeincoke
Mageblondul
Mcshoe
Mdkkiller
Moobflap
Oönskad
Papabear
Periodstain
Pinkmittens
Populus
Purplepower
Snöflíngan
Soulshatter
Southpark
Sparrowgirl
Stanzerbadma
Wowcs
Örfilarn

Alliance OOC Guild Names

Horde OOC Character Names

Horde OOC Guild Names

Last edited by Maelmoor on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:15 pm; edited 8 times in total
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Spring Cleaning Empty Re: Spring Cleaning

Post by Timna Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Here's a list. All Alliance.

Spoilered since it's quite a list.

Spoiler:

Enjoy.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:03 pm

I don't see the OOC factor by quite some of those... confused
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:11 pm

Don't report Blacksage Sad

EDIT: and Anvilbrew is in TTH.

Last edited by Perturbo on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:12 pm

i've never seen problems from haskaren myself, but.. hmm

Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Nayru/Flint[Domovoi] wrote:i've never seen problems from haskaren myself, but.. hmm

The name is the problem. Razz It's swedish. Albeit he's said he wants a namechange.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Never called the people OOC or bad, people.

Just the names. Razz
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Some of those are very vague, if it isn't called like Sandwhiches like that person in YOGS I'm not too pushed. It's only the blatantly OOC/stupid names that get annoying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:50 pm

Two things I'd like to say about this, first that it is a great initiative when it comes to dealing with OOCers and I've myself reported quite some people over the last few months for such names that go against the RP policies of our realm.

Second thing is, I am just giving a friendly warning not to get your hopes up too much about getting exactly what you want from this. As with the times I have reported people for such names/behavior, GM's usually reply with that they will look into the matter and you see the very same person that you have reported a week later with the same name.

Its a very sad thing this, that the Realm Policies are no longer enforced, they have become more or less guidelines, they ain't up on the Realm Forums anymore, neither you can see the message about the RP part of our server and the special rules applying to it when you log in.

Its sad that Blizzard doesn't care anymore or hasn't for that matter, because unless people report someone en'masse, I doubt much will be achieved. Just like with Zanazuah. This however won't stop me from reporting such people, even if its just for the sake of trying to do something about it.

I'll make sure to write down some names tonight/tomorrow and post it here, see what happens.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:11 pm

I saw a nelf called " Brownsugar ".
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:55 pm

Mandui wrote:I don't see the OOC factor by quite some of those... confused

Yeah, there is a greyzone and I think obvious ooc names should be picked first but in the end it's up to Blizzard to deal with it.

Geldar wrote:Second thing is, I am just giving a friendly warning not to get your hopes up too much about getting exactly what you want from this. As with the times I have reported people for such names/behavior, GM's usually reply with that they will look into the matter and you see the very same person that you have reported a week later with the same name.

Yes, this is sadly true but it does vary from GM to GM, some do act while some does not, it's a shame you need luck with getting the right GM to get their own rules enforced, but at least we can try!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:05 am

Time to report folks!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:08 am

I can finally report all the pokemon I keep seeing around? :@

Got a dungeon last night with a Tauren Goon called Lawnmooer! As the tank, I was most upset when she wouldn't shut the hell up and kept forgetting to heal me.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:20 am

uh....from an rp perspective we don't know their names until they tell us Wink

I only report offensive names - take a chill pill chaps, this really won't help the rp community get accepted by the non-rp'ers and will just be seen as all rather petty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:33 am

We never bother anyone. Neutral I've lost count of the amount of times they've spoiled RP events for us for no reason. I'm trying to run the bar in Orgrimmar at the request of Varekk, and we get besieged by people constantly, giving us abuse, etc. And it's not random people, it's the people who think they're better than us. Like the Backpedal Brotherhood, Goons, to name a couple.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:46 am

Then that is what we report, not waste the GM's time reporting names.

The rp community should report abusive and rp-disruptive behaviour rather than crying wolf over the label above someones head when we pass them by in Orgrimmar or because they ganked us when questing Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:55 am

Morinth wrote:Tauren Goon called Lawnmooer!
rofl
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:53 pm

arli wrote:uh....from an rp perspective we don't know their names until they tell us Wink

I only report offensive names - take a chill pill chaps, this really won't help the rp community get accepted by the non-rp'ers and will just be seen as all rather petty.

From Blizzard:

"Creating an immersive world that holds true to the base story line of the World of Warcraft is the driving motivation behind our Role Play Servers"

"Non-Medieval/Fantasy Character Names

This category includes:

Any Non-Medieval or Non-Fantasy names (i.e. Microwave, Nuclearotron, Softwareman)
All normal naming rules and the specific Roleplay naming rules.

If a player is found to have such a name, he/she may:

Be assigned a randomly generated temporary name, to be changed via email
Be given the appropriate additional penalty if the name violates standard naming rules"

This is nothing we came up with, just Blizzards own policy, so you can hardly blame those who are willing to follow it Wink Im sure we know that names cannot be seen icly as well, that is not the reason for the naming rules, rather cause it's immersion breaking.

But the greatest thing of all is that it's up to each one to report or not!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Turn off names above players and double your immersion!Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guldujenu Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Perturbo wrote:Turn off names above players and double your immersion!Very Happy

Or close your eyes, you see no problems!

Had player names disabled for years. But it doesnt stop me from suddenly seeing people like "Pussichaser" or something as facepalmaple run up to me and go "Lol wats this? Very Happy"

I don't report too many names, but if they are way over line, like my example i will report them. I also report OOC:ers who disturb events and so forth of course.
Guldujenu
Guldujenu

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Had one of the Shadow of Nine stalk and constantly /glare at me for agreeing with someone who was only trying to remind people of RP Server rules. Thank god for phasing, his proto-drake was sitting on my quest givers.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:49 pm

The SoN seems to stalk and harass RP'ers in general these days. They tried to grief our event in Dun Morogh/Loch Modan and got their asses handed to them once, then ignored for the remaining event. Didn't stop them from following us, trying to lag us down like hell with flashy stuff and yell obsceneties and kill all NPCs around. Still, we had a nice event and a laugh at their expense since we kept on RP'ing despite their foolishness.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Yea, i've come to conclude they're just another bunch of jokers. Free HK's regardless ^^
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:26 pm

It's really a pity they decided to pop up at a down phase like this though. Most of my guildies, including myself, simply cba chasing people in blue gear :<

Anyways, back on track. Someone mentioned name tags. I've had those disabled since 2005 so I only notice OOC names when I actually target people or see them in /general chat, something that doesn't happen often. Other than that, I'm sorry, but sometimes I do laugh at OOC character/guild names, such as Lawnmooer (rofl xD) or similar. I mostly report people because of OOC speak in /say or when they somehow disturb RP. That's always been the case and it won't become more or less in the months to come Razz
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:16 pm

One last thing on SoN. I've been trying to get them to respect the rp hubs - fine to go kill but not repeatedly gank and camp and OOC emote day after day. It's a pvp server so alliance are fair game but not to the point that they destroy an rp hub by targetting it night after night.

I've kinda failed, sorry. I really thought they were out to Wpvp not just grief rp'ers.

They claim they attack rp'ers because the alliance pvp community are just not interested in fighting them.

I'm in the guild because I like the wpvp, the attacks on SW are a lot of fun and I can't get that aspect of the game in any other guild. So...I'll keep trying to defend the rp community.

Subject closed, just wanted to get my point across as to why I'm here...and there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next