Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sylvanas versus Greymane?

+19
Amaryl
Muzjhath
Antistia
Grufftoof
Cyaska
Ixirar
Saevir
Shaelyssa
Rmuffn
Cid
Geneviève
Eloresh
Kil'drakor
Rhenchu
Ralegh
itsy
Ataris
Magaskawee/Anaei
Gunnell
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sylvanas versus Greymane? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sylvanas versus Greymane?

Post by Ixirar Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Antistia wrote:With regards to Naga.. I recall Blizz having tried it out before but the model posed a problem.

Actually, the case of the naga ingame model is the same as that of the old goblin model. Using modelviewer, you can equip it with every piece of equipment in the game, except for helmets. I am sure, however, that if Blizz were to implement nagas, that they'd get the same treatment as goblins/worgen (complete overhaul of the model).
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:49 pm

The Naga could easily be a sect of Highbourne who hate Azshara and are freedom fighters in the Maelstrom expansion pack. Metzen said that if the horde hadn't gotten goblins this expansion they'd have gotten ogre, frankly two logical races as far as I see.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Pandaren! Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:54 pm

Amaryl wrote:Pandaren! Very Happy

They don't exist. The general consensus is they are a gag race, that will never be properly implimented..
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:13 pm

Think outside of the box, instead of focusing on what we can get from the existing ingame races as I have seen the suggestions being so far fetched (Except for Ogres, though I want to see what Ogre females look like!), think about what races they can bring in out of the blue.

Because, lets face it if they bring in a few more gag races like murlocs/furbolgs or anything else that makes little to no sense (Hey Chris Metzen and your decision to give Blood Elves to Horde because they "needed" a elven race with a poor explenation) this will resemble the set of Lazy Town more than Azeroth as we know it.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:55 pm

At the end of the day, blizzard will write and change existing lore as much as they want to fit in their new gimmick.

Like the fact that before TBC: burning legion lore said that the Eredar corrupted Sargeras.

In come the dreanei as an alliance race, and the lore is changed that Sargeras corrupted the Eredar.

that's just one example.

Point is, Blizzard decides what happens with this game and the lore is changed/created accordingly. The current canon lore doesn't affect what happens with the game, unless blizzard lets it.

So speculating that a possible blizzard change wouldn't make sense lore-wise, and thus won't happen is a really silly notion.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:Well unlike Murlocs Blizz have said they want Naga to be playable.
Just like they said Drakonids as a race and Brewmaster for hero class, right?

'Want to' and 'would like to' are two different things.

think about what races they can bring in out of the blue.
WoW's lacking on the lizard people front, something akin to a crocodile or snake race would be awesome; well, unless they do actually pull the drakonid card on us. Bar that, they pretty much have most covered. Insectoids and we'd be looking at a spin-off from the Qiraji or the Nerubians, Bird-people and we'd land at the Arrakoa - the latter of which I see as a viable Alliance race (alongside Ogres for the Horde) when we get the inevitable "Return to Outland" expansion.

There's a host of possibilities really, and the discussion's been beaten to death on various lore sites with people continuesly spewing their 'amazing' ideas for starting zones and backstories. Rule of the thumb that should be considered when diving into this, and set yourself in the game dev perspective here: Races with a low intelligence aren't 'fun'. I'd love if they made Pigmies a playable race for example, but their intrigue ends with dancing around a cauldron and chanting ooga-booga. Its cheap, there's no flair, no excitement.

Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:27 pm

We are going to Argus me thinks next time. Assuming from the quest texts Velen gives, the final battle between the Light and Darkness is closer than we think, and we might face off Sargearas AND the fact that Argus is assumed by "Rise of the New Horde" as the HQ of the Legion.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Geldar wrote:We are going to Argus me thinks next time. Assuming from the quest texts Velen gives, the final battle between the Light and Darkness is closer than we think, and we might face off Sargearas AND the fact that Argus is assumed by "Rise of the New Horde" as the HQ of the Legion.

I had the impression, though that's old lore. That the Twisting Nether was?
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Twisting nether is two things from what I know. One is that the Twisting Nether is basically purgatory/hell, and the other which we see by game mechanics is the space between the worlds/planets/reality.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

They don't exist. The general consensus is they are a gag race, that will never be properly implimented..
Well they were put in as a gag race for WC3, but in lore they still exist.
There's quest references to them, Chen Stormstout assisted Rexxar in WC3 and they also exist in the RPG.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Ezlbag wrote:
Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

Well they were put in as a gag race for WC3, but in lore they still exist.
There's quest references to them, Chen Stormstout assisted Rexxar in WC3 and they also exist in the RPG.
Some drunk orc in Ratchet I believe, even have a quest mentioning Chen Stormstout and his bewerages.

Edit: Err. Pre-Cata atleast.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:59 pm

I wonder how we will get to Argus if there is ever an expansion about it, maybe portal.. or maybe what I really hope for:
Spoiler:
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:15 pm

I would much prefer they use an already existing race rather than just make one up out of nowhere
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Manbearpig!
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Ixirar wrote:
Antistia wrote:With regards to Naga.. I recall Blizz having tried it out before but the model posed a problem.

Actually, the case of the naga ingame model is the same as that of the old goblin model. Using modelviewer, you can equip it with every piece of equipment in the game, except for helmets. I am sure, however, that if Blizz were to implement nagas, that they'd get the same treatment as goblins/worgen (complete overhaul of the model).

Yes, this is true. It had to do with mounts etc though. The model didn't lend itself well to the mounts one could use.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Have them sling their tails over the mount's back, just like when a snake lies on a branch?

Sylvanas versus Greymane? - Page 2 Tree-snake-on-branch-l

Like this!
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:57 pm

They gave Ragnaros legs, they'll probably make a race of sub-naga with legs..xD
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:57 pm

... When will people friggin' learn that Nagas won't become a playable race?

First proof: Nagas like water, never seen a Naga far from water, much less in a desert. Hence they suck at surviving far into land for adventures.

Second proof: They are enemies of all landliving creatures, only exception was when Kael'thas got flirted with a bit by a Naga, then went to Outland. And yes, I'm exa-something... Can't remember the word, but I'm doing it.

Third proof: They've slain countless of landliving creatures, and I doubt that Kul Tiras/a number of other countries/races of the Alliance would like to have anything to do with Nagas in the Alliance except as food for their pet cats, much less the trolls/orcs/other races of the Horde except as food for their mounts.

THEY WON'T BE A PLAYABLE RACE, END OF STORY!
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:01 pm

None of your arguements rule out the possibility of a third faction of "evil" races/evil subfactions of other races with Nagas in their ranks.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyaska Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:08 pm

Cid wrote:... When will people friggin' learn that Nagas won't become a playable race?

First proof: Nagas like water, never seen a Naga far from water, much less in a desert. Hence they suck at surviving far into land for adventures.

Second proof: They are enemies of all landliving creatures, only exception was when Kael'thas got flirted with a bit by a Naga, then went to Outland. And yes, I'm exa-something... Can't remember the word, but I'm doing it.

Third proof: They've slain countless of landliving creatures, and I doubt that Kul Tiras/a number of other countries/races of the Alliance would like to have anything to do with Nagas in the Alliance except as food for their pet cats, much less the trolls/orcs/other races of the Horde except as food for their mounts.

Draenei.

Where is your Lore god now!?
Cyaska
Cyaska

Character sheet
Name: Syenna Celeste (EVE)
Title: (NA NA NA NA NA!) Space Pirate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Cid wrote:... When will people friggin' learn that Nagas won't become a playable race?

Oh sorry Chris, I forgot you were a member of these forums.

Oh wait..

You are aware that all Eredar are evil? OH WAIT there are Draenei.. And when did we wanna have anything to do with the Worgen? OH, what's that? They were human? And they want help to battle a deep evil (aszhara) because they aren't happy being what they are? Wow, sounds farmiliar..

Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:13 pm

Ixirar wrote:None of your arguements rule out the possibility of a third faction of "evil" races/evil subfactions of other races with Nagas in their ranks.

grufftoof wrote:But it would be very unlikely they add a third full faction. It wouldn't work at all in WoW. Something like that has to be in effect from day one, or not at all. It's messy anyway, at the heart of everything this game (and most MMOs/RPGs) are "good vs bad". Two "sides". That those two sides might be both shades of grey is common. But to add a third? Wouldn't work in game, balance, or mechanic terms.

I know I'm not WoWwiki. Or Blizzard. Or something more. But I don't think I'm a million miles away when I say the above. There will not be a third faction. It just won't work. In this game, or any other existing with two "sides". A third ruins and changes it beyond anything.

Ok, so all of this, everything, is really pointless ideas. OUR ideas.

But the above, 3 factions, really isn't something to have been put to work before... I cannot see it here.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Geldar wrote:We are going to Argus me thinks next time. Assuming from the quest texts Velen gives, the final battle between the Light and Darkness is closer than we think, and we might face off Sargearas AND the fact that Argus is assumed by "Rise of the New Horde" as the HQ of the Legion.
I agree, but not specifically 'just' Argus. Rather an expansion with the Legion as the main theme, featuring an outland reboot and several areas on Argus and/or another Legion World (where Tylarion and Aleria disappeared to etc). Should Blizz opt to stick with the "New Races -> Hero Class -> New Races -> Hero Class" way of things tho, we might get another Azeroth centric expansion with Azshara/Emerald Dream/Titan&Old Gods as the main theme.

In relation to a third faction. No, like Gruffthoof mentioned, not in this setting. I believe Blizz may have considered it at some point, but chose to focus on creating an entirely new MMO instead.

But the above, 3 factions, really isn't something to have been put to work before... I cannot see it here.
Keep an eye on Secret World, they just might pull it off.

And for the love of god, the plural is Naga, not Nagas.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Oh sorry Chris, I forgot you were a member of these forums.

Oh wait..

You are aware that all Eredar are evil? OH WAIT there are Draenei.. And when did we wanna have anything to do with the Worgen? OH, what's that? They were human? And they want help to battle a deep evil (aszhara) because they aren't happy being what they are? Wow, sounds farmiliar..

Eredar got corrupted, some Eredar left because they didn't want to become as their former brethren. Hence they travelled through space to get away from the BL, and named themselves the Draenei, exiles.

Elves were the cause of Worgens in the first place, they try to mend the damage by allowing the Worgen/Gilneans to join Alliance. Very simplified, but still nonetheless true.

L2 read lore.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next