Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mangy Mastiff - Grand Reopening

+9
Eodan
Rhygel
Ephitos
Demurral
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lavian
Ataris
Valerias
Gunnell
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Mangy Mastiff - Grand Reopening  Empty The Mangy Mastiff - Grand Reopening

Post by Gunnell Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:46 pm

The Mangy Mastiff - Grand Reopening  WoWScrnShot_123110_143340-1-1

Spoiler:

When: Thursday 17th Feburary (17/02/11)
Where: Keel Harbour, Gilneas
Who: Alliance

------------------------------

Prior to the Forsaken Invasion, the Mangy Mastiff was heralded as one of Gilneas' most popular and best drinking establishments. Situated on a small hill overlooking the rest of Keel Harbour the Mastiff was a common port-of-call (with only the slightest pun intended) for fishermen, ship captains and even travellers from as far as Emberstone Village to sample its fabled ale. Although supplies began to dwindle during the closing of the Greymane Wall the brewers of Gilneas saw fit to create their own brews that most deemed far superior to those of foreigners - Even the Dwarves (Those from outside of the nation have been known to repute this claim but then what do they know?).

With Gilneas now once again in the hands of its countrymen, the Mangy Mastiff is to be reopened. With refugees from Darnassus returning to their homes, the 7th Legion and other Alliance forces and even some (fool hardy) travellers arriving via the harbour the pub is in a prime location for business!

-----------------------------

Originally intended as an inter-guild event for The Greymane Era we decided that in an effort to bring further roleplaying to Gilneas than just ourselves to make this a public event for the Alliance community.

The Mangy Mastiff is located in Keel Harbour in western Gilneas, the building situated just on the border to the headlands and overlooking the main harbour. You will likely see a fair few green nametags around of it therefore it’s doubtful that you'll get lost.

We are considering making 'Mastiff Nights' a weekly or fortnightly event depending on the success of its opening and if other members of the Alliance would at all be interested. A good deal of our membership already make use of the pub as well as Keel Harbour as a general staging ground for our more casual roleplaying with the zone. Its location also makes sense for those travelling into the country, that is; via the ocean rather than walking through the frontline that is the Greymane Wall.

I don't really have much else to say on the matter really other than for you to come down and have a gander - If nothing else, its some more roleplay for you and your chums no? Do be aware that whilst Gilneas in-character is considered to be in Alliance control that skirmishes and pockets of fighting do spring up here and there and by that I mean Level 85 Hordies swarming in on flying mounts and arena gear. Besides that who knows if a more organised group just happens to appear on this night? Do take this into consideration when bringing your character here; a more military-esq seasoned fellow would make more sense than innocent Lucy Fairweather who skips around in a dress and a basket of roses.

Cheers.

Last edited by Gunnell on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 3 times in total

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

The Mangy Mastiff - Grand Reopening  Empty Re: The Mangy Mastiff - Grand Reopening

Post by Valerias Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:28 pm

This is a smashing idea. More atmospheric taverns and a wider variety of RP locations is always good - sounds like you've thought this through well and I'll hopefully bring someone up to have a look.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

The Mangy Mastiff - Grand Reopening  Empty Re: The Mangy Mastiff - Grand Reopening

Post by Ataris Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:49 am

I'll do my best to pop by!
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:57 am

Plan to go up there myself soon after the exams with a few friends following suit as part of an RP plot chain. So might stop by in all coincidence.

However just a small question, wouldn't an establishment such as that be in a risky atmosphere aswell from what I understand as there is a small war going on between worgen and forsaken there still? Not saying don't do the place if its true, I just mean... Will it be dangerous atmosphericly? Very Happy

TLDR: Is it cleared of hostality in that particular area or will we expect flying cannonballs?
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:27 am

Everytime you see a cannonball, you drink.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:03 am

Eira wrote:Plan to go up there myself soon after the exams with a few friends following suit as part of an RP plot chain. So might stop by in all coincidence.

However just a small question, wouldn't an establishment such as that be in a risky atmosphere aswell from what I understand as there is a small war going on between worgen and forsaken there still? Not saying don't do the place if its true, I just mean... Will it be dangerous atmosphericly? Very Happy

TLDR: Is it cleared of hostality in that particular area or will we expect flying cannonballs?

I pointed this out in my original thread. Gilneas is more or less secure and in the hands of the Alliance with the two sides in a stalemate over the lands between the Greymane Wall and Pyrewood Village. At the worst a few Deathstalkers may be able to penetrate through and BE ALL SNEAKEH LARK.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:04 am

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Everytime you see a cannonball, you drink.
This. Best response ever.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:06 am

Gunnell wrote:
Eira wrote:Plan to go up there myself soon after the exams with a few friends following suit as part of an RP plot chain. So might stop by in all coincidence.

I pointed this out in my original thread. Gilneas is more or less secure and in the hands of the Alliance with the two sides in a stalemate over the lands between the Greymane Wall and Pyrewood Village. At the worst a few Deathstalkers may be able to penetrate through and BE ALL SNEAKEH LARK.

Noticed that after. I've been sleep deprived the last week due to exams, nvm.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:58 am

Holy crap...I need to stock up on beer...2 things though!

1: The 17th is on Thursday xD
2: The name will be changed upon re-opening

Come one come all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Ah crumb, seems we're having our tavern openings on the same night. I just saw 'Wednesday' originally and was like 'oh good!'

I guess we have mainly different clientele, but still, sad day, I won't be able to come up to Gilneas this week.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:37 pm

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited by Gunnell on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Oh, brilliant!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Nevermind.

Last edited by Gunnell on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Friday is a dead day for RP, unless it's late or early friday.
Ephitos
Ephitos

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Ephitos wrote:Friday is a dead day for RP, unless it's late or early friday.

I'm aware. At the end of the day I'm not entirely fussed as to whether or not people attend outside of the guild, it was originally intended as a more inter-guild thing as the Mastiff generally was, but I decided to throw the event into the public domain just to advertise a little.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Oh right that makes sense, invite some forsaken to the cellar-of-no-return. Anyway, if you get high attendance friday, that will be an achievement all in itself.
Ephitos
Ephitos

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhygel Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:17 am

I'll be there! Maybe as my witch hunter. (Rhygel)

Feel free to glare at him, he's well known by long time Gilneans as Solace, the worgen hunter...But he'll be there in peace if he does come. He is Gilnean himself, after all. (and he only hunted ferals >>)

I don't see a time for this event though, did I miss a line?
Rhygel
Rhygel

Character sheet
Name: Rhygel Solamen
Title: The Light of Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 am

Seems there's no time, indeed. It starts at 20:00

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhygel Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Thank you!
Rhygel
Rhygel

Character sheet
Name: Rhygel Solamen
Title: The Light of Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:52 pm

*bumps* It is starting soon people, hope to see some of you drop by!
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:20 am

Had a great time. ^^
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdar/Melan Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:32 am

As did I. Who were you there as, Ataris?
Valdar/Melan
Valdar/Melan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:54 am

Opening was thursday Val, not friday.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Can we have some feedback? how did it go?! i look forward to popping by on Navair sometime soon.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet
Name: Fortesgue Witherthorpe
Title: Bishop

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:48 pm

It went very well! The folks came in quite slowly, mostly being just us though afterwards we had a few guests from other causes, Elnaria and Rhygel I believe. It was all like a Gilnean inn should be like!

Yesterday we had even more visitors. Geoffray does a great job as an owner, there's new waiters now aswell to be able to serve more people and overall, we all try to keep a good swing of things. =)
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next