Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Gnomeregan Grand Prix

+5
Raelo/Lucanor
Etular
Geldar
Kil'drakor
Sanara
9 posters

Go down

[A] Gnomeregan Grand Prix Empty [A] Gnomeregan Grand Prix

Post by Sanara Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:00 am

*Strange posters are posted around almost every Alliance settlement in the Eastern Kingdoms, along with a few in primary Kalimdor and Northrend hubs. A few are even present in neutral Goblin cities, but frequent scratchmarks and graffiti show that they're not welcome there. The posters are bolted up and made of a thin sheet of metal, presumably to counteract such vandalism.*

[A] Gnomeregan Grand Prix GnomereganGrandPrixad

*Advertisment pamphlets written in Common are available from a small metal box clinging to the underside of each poster, with the exception of the ones in the Goblin cities. Wether or not this is intentional or further vandalism is a mystery.*

The revival of the Gnomeregan Grand Prix falls to the Grand Alliance Institute of Science, funding this historical event. A celebration of Gnomish tenacity and vigor, this years unconventional Grand Prix invites riders from all races to compete in this test of skill.

The race will take place the 4th of April (Sunday) in Loch Modan, with the Amateur heat starting at 16:00 and lasting two laps, and the Pro heat starting at 16:45, lasting three laps. Winners, as well as the second and third runners up will recieve their prizes at 17:00. Contestants wishing to race must register their mount (with application fee) at least 15:20.

Fees for racing are 5 gold for the Amateur heat, and 15 for the Pro heat. Please note that only Mark I mechanostriders are permitted in the Amateur heat, and only Mark II mechanostriders are permitted in the Pro heat. Any other means of transport, mechanical or otherwise, are banned and their use will result in the termination of the user from the contest.

All profits made from the Gnomeregan Grand Prix will go to the Restoration of Gnomeregan.

_________

OOC:

This is an event that's been long in the making, but finally has come far enough to be shown to the public. A series of multi-lap races around the Loch in Loch Modan atop Mechanostriders, the Gnomish pride, promising a good show for spectators and an exhilarating contest for the racers - The Gnomeregan Grand Prix is set up in the hopes to satisfy anyone's thirst for some really fun RP.

The event itself follows the schedule quoted in the IC section above, starting around 15:00 on Sunday the 4th, and going on until around 17:00. To participate in the actual races you must have a Mechanostrider mount, either a Mark I (60%) or a Mark II (100%). If you don't have a Mechanostrider, or simply do not wish to race, you can take up post around all of Loch Modan and watch the daring speedsters make their way across the bumpy landscape!

There will be Checkpoints along the course that all racers must pass by on each lap or be disqualified. These Checkpoints confirm that the riders are following the rules of the Grand Prix, only riding approved Mechanostriders and not using any insidious means to achieve victory. The Checkpoints will be established prior to the races.

Warning racers: The race will be held in Alliance territory which permits the disabling of PvP. Not disabling PvP during the race can leave you vulnerable to pot shots from Tusken Raiders- I mean Horde scum!

Important, Please Read: The Allied Science Institute guild will accept actual in-game gold from contestants, but it is not required that you pay the starter fee to race. This event is made for the enjoyment of the players, and not to profiteer.
For the same reason however, if you don't make an actual payment you may not claim the actual prize-money, leaving the transaction an entirely In Character matter. If you want to have a shot to win the 100g or 300g prize pot (Depending on which race you partake in) you must thus pay the admittance fee of 5g or 15g (Again, depending on which race).

This race is not done for profit, but for obvious reasons we don't want to lose money either Smile

-Merandil/Sanara/Blinkie
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

[A] Gnomeregan Grand Prix Empty Re: [A] Gnomeregan Grand Prix

Post by Kil'drakor Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:01 am

Damn, this sounds like a lot of fun Merandil.

Good job making this up!

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:32 am

Good initiative and it sounds like a fun event. I`ll be present with a few more people if possible to provide security from unescessary invidivuals and hostile elements. bounce
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:34 am

Darn... I need to find the pieces of my RP Costume quick! I have my Epic Mechanostrider, but I need the costume to finish the set!
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelo/Lucanor Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:59 am

Good initiative!
I'll probably be there as well, was already starting to wonder when you'd do this. I might participate, but I'd have to get a costume as well.
Raelo/Lucanor
Raelo/Lucanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:53 pm

...I c-could cheat in this.. " On a Pale Horse "... <narrows eyes> yes..

But srsly buzzness how is someone going to win if were all restricted to one speed? Or how do you prepare to make it even?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Gnash wrote:Damn, this sounds like a lot of fun Merandil.

Good job making this up!

I have my moments.

Geldar wrote:Good initiative and it sounds like a fun event. I`ll be present with a few more people if possible to provide security from unescessary invidivuals and hostile elements. bounce

We should be okay since it's in Alliance territory. Anyone who dies because they want to be PvP enabled can blame themselves ;P

Etular wrote:Darn... I need to find the pieces of my RP Costume quick! I have my Epic Mechanostrider, but I need the costume to finish the set!

Muspel wrote:Good initiative!
I'll probably be there as well, was already starting to wonder when you'd do this. I might participate, but I'd have to get a costume as well.

Costumes? Do elaborate? You're quite permitted to race in whatever garments you like ^^

Pavvie/Edervic/Vectoria wrote:...I c-could cheat in this.. " On a Pale Horse "... <narrows eyes> yes..

But srsly buzzness how is someone going to win if were all restricted to one speed? Or how do you prepare to make it even?

All racers will be in a raid group, with at least one Crusader Aura Paladin. Aside from that, any "even"-ness simply comes down to luck with lag, good pathfinding, and wether or not you get shot down/dazed by mobs along the way.

Also an update on the prize winnings (Only applicable if you pay for your admittance, as noted in the OP):

Amateur Heat:
1st Place - 100g
2nd Place - 50g
3rd Place - 25g

Pro Heat:
1st Place - 300g
2nd Place - 150g
3rd Place - 75g

We're also looking to get some people in for catering, so the spectators have something to snack on while watching the exhilarating races!
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:12 pm

We should be okay since it's in Alliance territory. Anyone who dies because they want to be PvP enabled can blame themselves ;P

Doesnt mean they should be allowed to run rampart in the first place now, does it? n_n
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Teebo Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Sweet baby Titans!

Looking good, Blinkie! It sounded like a fun event when you proposed it to the Tinker's Court but that poster is awesome. I'd certainly enjoy participating in the races and RP'ing my Mech with a few experimental additions likely to go awry during the field test, however I'd be more than happy to assist with marshalling at the one the checkpoints if you've got something like that planned. No doubt you'll reveal more at the next Tinker's Court.

What's the rationale behind having a Paladin with Crusader aura in each race group? To provide a baseline speed boost to each race to remove the possibility of Paladin participants "cheating"? The Aura Mastery talent can provide quite a big speed boost I believe if used while Crusader aura is active. The only reason I ask is assuming that participants want to stop to RP mechanical problems or even deviate slightly from the course (while still sticking to the official route) then it would be quite easy to lose the aura. I'm thinking about how quickly once can lose Crusader aura in the rush down south in AV for example even when you're bunched up with a couple of Paladins in the raid. From my perspective the race would not be a competitive run although I can see why removing any doubt by ensuring the aura was available to all (at least at the start) might be for the best.

I was a bit concerned to see this on the realm forums when I logged on today what with the whole Goon Squad thing, but then again we can't live in fear! I will have to remember to turn off my Auto PvP addon. Not that I'm ever afraid to engage defensive protocols against superior Horde marauders, it can just be highly disruptive, i.e. being griefed while in RP gear, in the middle of an event -- if there is trouble however they'll get a few frostbolts up the posterior in the aftermath! *taps hand-mounted pyro rockets*

Exciting times! I better get cracking on those gyro pressure modifications for the Mark II! *toots back to the lab*

For Gnomeregan!
/salute
Teebo
Teebo

Character sheet
Name: Teebo Gyroblast
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelo/Lucanor Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Merandil wrote:
Costumes? Do elaborate? You're quite permitted to race in whatever garments you like ^^

You see me racing seriously in my usual dre- ahem, robes already? I'll have to get my hands on some clothes that are fit for racing.
Raelo/Lucanor
Raelo/Lucanor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarĂ²th / Olian Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:25 am

Muspel wrote:
Merandil wrote:

You see me racing seriously in my usual dre- ahem, robes already? I'll have to get my hands on some clothes that are fit for racing.

Indeed, we don't want you to pull a Marilyn Manson on us while racing, although it would distract the other contestants rather greatly XD
BarĂ²th / Olian
BarĂ²th / Olian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:36 am

I think you mean Marilyn Monroe, Baroth. Razz
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Merandil wrote:

I lack RP gear other than Priest Robes, Silvermoon Robes and tattered old rags that make me look like a beggar... Razz
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:26 pm

Bumping with only a day to go 'til the event, as well as making note that the event itself will start at 15:00 by Stonewrought Dam's eastern ramp.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:20 pm

How about speedincreasing trinkets and mods for gear? Like Carrot on a Stick or Mithril Spurs?
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:04 pm

As noted above, Cid, the riders will probably be in a raid group with Crusader Auras which will hopefully help equalize speed.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Teebo Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Racers, start your engines!

Come on down and see the finest display of gas-guzzling gadgetry this side of Gnomeregan!
Teebo
Teebo

Character sheet
Name: Teebo Gyroblast
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelo/Lucanor Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:56 pm

It was fun to watch, here two screenies I made of the finish:

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img512/7774/wowscrnshot040410171946.jpg
and a second later:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img34/4686/wowscrnshot040410171948.jpg