Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Old Town Syndicate

+10
Zhakiri
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Valdar/Melan
Raelan
itsy
Geldar
Valerias
Meralynn / Ashla
Neyvin/Noxie
Ledgic
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] The Old Town Syndicate Empty [A] The Old Town Syndicate

Post by Ledgic Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:01 am

Guild forums:
The Old Town Syndicate

Realm forum recruitment threads:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10543158331&postId=106733369245&sid=1#6 (only one really worth posting)

If you don't feel you've enough information from those links, feel free to prod either Aniane or myself in game.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

[A] The Old Town Syndicate Empty Re: [A] The Old Town Syndicate

Post by Neyvin/Noxie Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Bump for justice.
Neyvin/Noxie
Neyvin/Noxie

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Bump!
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:13 pm

As undoubtedly the lack of activity of late has been noticed by all, I'd like to note that as of now, The Old Town Syndicate is again alive, active, and recruiting! However we're also undergoing some changes, that hopefully we'll be able to better fill a niche in the server's RP - as such I'm posting below what I posted on our guild forum (the link to which is in the original post of this thread, if you're interested).

Please have a world with Ledgic, Aniane, Delmy, Noxie, or Eodain if you have questions or are interested in joining us!

==
The Old Town Syndicate: Changes and Updates

From an IC point of view:

Our philosophy

The Old Town Syndicate needs to move from a motley crew of vagabonds and bartenders to a more careful, more professional, and potentially smaller group of criminals. While this does not mean that thuggery, roughness, and the ability to have a drink and laugh will disappear from the organisation, it does mean that more will be expected from a person who wants to be a part of the syndicate.

Our members

All new members of the syndicate will be fully aware that they're joining a criminal organisation, and will be expected to behave accordingly: with loyalty and caution, aiming to prove themselves as capable criminals. Tests and jobs will be the norm, and as one proves one's loyalty, they'll be drawn closer into the syndicate's inner workings.

Our work

The guild's focus will move away from such activities as pushing drugs and turf wars, and into more delicate work such as information trading, smuggling, and assassinations. Our aim is to be covert and smart. The Old Town Syndicate will be the organisation that gets the job done in an efficient way, a syndicate which, while at the street level will not be the largest or loudest gang in town, has the right connections and is most at home in the shadows, waiting and watching.

The Blade

As always, the syndicate needs a front. However, as we become smaller and more focused, the bar will not try to be open every night.

From an OOC point of view:

Our philosophy

The intention of The Old Town Syndicate to be a friendly, laid back guild which also promotes a high standard of criminal RP. While we'll be happy to take new RPers and 'train' people into what we do, the focus will be on having members with a good attitude and a solid interest in the guild's community.

Also, we're also scrapping the idea of being an 'alt guild.' Naturally one doesn't have to always play their Old Town Syndicate character, but activity is a must, without which we won't achieve the close-knit feeling of the guild nor will their be opportunity for spontaneous RP to grow out of long-running plot threads and intrigues.

Our RP

Where before much of the guild's RP has centred around either the Blade or around scheduled events, this is going to have to change. As such we intend to focus more on long-running plots, involvement with other guilds, and most especially, on the activity and creativity of the members themselves. As such, higher-up members will be handing out tests and jobs to newer ones, but also we intend to create relationships with other guilds/organisations that will provide us with some longer running plots.

Two examples of this would be the multi-event plot to steal the city's tax records that we once began in cooperation with The Dark Sphere, and the partnership that the Old Town Syndicate is beginning with a cross-faction smuggling organisation operating out of Booty Bay.

Out of the seeds of these plots, the idea is that casual RP will be able to become the norm again, as guild members will need to know each other and frequently work together for the syndicate to ever accomplish anything. And, if people are interested in them, these plots should provide both some good fun during the events, and some soil for further creativity to grow.

A note about the Blade: Despite the fact that we don't want to continue to be 'that bar guild,' we need the Blade. It's always been an RP-hub on the server, and for both IC and OOC reasons, it's become very important and central to the guild. While everyone who's been part of the OTS knows that bartending can get boring after some time, we will be cutting back on the amount of time that the bar is open - one or two nights a week - to prevent such boredom and to hopefully make the experience a good laugh again. RP should always be fun, but as always, the Blade requires people to actually be there to provide at atmosphere for that fun. Do know that if you're joining the Old Town Syndicate, you are also signing up to spend at least some time in the Blade.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 pm

*pushes an unmarked suitcase out of view* Hello, I am here to say how awesome these people are, if you are a criminal and you are looking for what Annie described in her post, you should definetly join the OTS. Big bump for the awesome RP you guys have provided, go Led, Annie and all of the crew!

Now if you`ll excuse me, I have a unmarked suitcase with.. donations to.. deliver to the orphanage.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:08 pm

I just want a drink guys

Really

Crying or Very sad
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Is this a guild of Ledgic and aload of female criminals following him around? I actually haven't seen any dudes in it besides him xD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:49 am

Ehehe. I'm sure such lads as Eodain and Johnath would be greatly insulted that you called them girls!

Truth be told the OTS has often had a strange tendency to either be full of men or full of women - we rarely get a good balance. And yes right now we're leaning more toward the side of having several lasses. So now's your chance, men. Now's your chance.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:12 pm

I tried so many times, but they don't seem interested D:
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Just a quick bump and notice. The guild will remain on the quiet side for the next few days, but expect an event to be posted regarding a re-opening of the blade and an opening of recruitment again.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:05 pm

Right, ACHTUNG n' all that.

At the moment we're in the process of re-working the OTS and giving it a solid foundation to re-start upon. However, we've very few members left and very little activity from them, so this may take some time. The guild will be going through plenty of changes, as I plan to implement as many aspects of criminal RP into one guild as I possibly can, without overloading myself and my officers.

What we want to know, for the moment, is whether the effort is worth it, more or less. If the community wants to see the OTS back up and running, along with the blade and the atmosphere it provided for years, then we'll keep up with it and you'll see the guild active and present in the coming weeks.

If of course it's not wanted, then I'll put the guild on ice, probably for the forseeable future. This isn't a cry for attention or anything of the sort, we simply want to know what the score is. Once we know whether it's wanted or not, we'll update this post with a fresh recruitment area and you'll be given all the information you require regarding joining the guild.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdar/Melan Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:01 am

Bump for great justice. I already have someone or something in mind for joining my old den of love.

I've missed it.
Valdar/Melan
Valdar/Melan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:06 am

Yah. I poked you once too, Ledg, and Analeigh/Lilath once. I got my rogue waiting for OTS =D
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:55 am

Oh it's wanted:) !!!
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:06 pm

To add to what Led said - we really would like to get the OTS up and running again, but as it's only a handful of us right now (and a small handful), and we realise that the server isn't what it was in the old glory days, we need to know what people want from the guild.

So with that in mind, some more concrete questions! If you're taking any interest in this, please answer 'em.

- Do you want to see the Old Town Syndicate alive as a criminal guild in Stormwind again?
- Would you be interested in helping out with its revival and playing a part?
- How important to you is the Blade vs. the criminal RP?
- What would you like to see the OTS do? What kind of RP, what kind of events, what kind of activity, what kind of role within the server?

Thanks for reading, and thanks to all of you who have loved (or hated) the OTS in the past, and been part of the madness its provided for DB. Let us know what you think, no matter how small a comment!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:29 pm

- Do you want to see the Old Town Syndicate alive as a criminal guild in Stormwind again?

Yah

- Would you be interested in helping out with its revival and playing a part?

I'm roleplaying on three characters. However, I'd of course help out as much as possible.

- How important to you is the Blade vs. the criminal RP?

I would not mind to pop by the blade once in a while. But much tavern rp isn't really my thing. Or.. it used to be not really my thing, haven't had tavern Rp for quite a while.. chapterians...

- What would you like to see the OTS do? What kind of RP, what kind of events, what kind of activity, what kind of role within the server?

I've never really roleplayed a criminal yet.. only cultists and once a guard. So I'd need to ponder about this a little.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:41 pm

The swordsmen, street-urchins, and fistfighters who once made The Old Town Syndicate a gang to be feared in Stormwind City have been scattered to the four winds with the recent cataclysm. Even Ledgic Kaden Caan, the leather-clad assassin whose name sent a chill down miscreant spines, has not been seen in recent months. Is the syndicate nothing now but an old memory?

==

The Old Town Syndicate, inactive for awhile now with the loss of the Blade, is going on official hiatus. But who knows -- it may rise from the ashes again in time.

We haven't quite given up on its memory, but as we have little activity at the moment and no specific plan, this seemed best. Still, you can all likely expect a new project sometime down the line Wink
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Seriously breaking my heart...
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:26 pm

Gravely miss these guys. Made Stormwind worth roleplaying in on many occassions.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:59 pm

if you need a hand i will help, love to see more crims to rp with
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:48 am

Unfortunately we don't really have the manpower to revive the OTS these days, but your offer is sincerely appreciated. Perhaps someday. I've been very nostalgic for it lately.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:45 am

You wont get any manpower either by turning those that offer a hand away.
You want criminal rp, all you gotta do is reach out and take it.
The rest is just cheap excuses.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:24 am

Lazarus wrote:You wont get any manpower either by turning those that offer a hand away.

No, we simply don't have any plans to bring it back. Talking shit about things you've no clue about is a painful thing to watch.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:51 am

Ledgic/Omanos wrote:
Lazarus wrote:You wont get any manpower either by turning those that offer a hand away.

No, we simply don't have any plans to bring it back. Talking shit about things you've no clue about is a painful thing to watch.

Dear Ledgic, it wasn't my intention to get on your sensitive French nerves. I was just stating a fact.
"Unfortunately we don't really have the manpower to revive the OTS these days" and unless that is false, I was in my ace there.

If you are referring me not knowing something about some hidden agenda of yours, thats right I have no idea what you are up to.
If it is criminal RP? I have had my fair share.

/Lysle, Krickle
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Stop being silly, Lysle.

here's your explanation, though, since it seems to have caused confusion. The Old Town Syndicate lost most of its members pre-Cata; Led and I went to a great deal of work to bring it back; unfortunately RPers seem to be stretched thin recently, as the general consensus was to let the guild retire quietly. Led and I have many other projects now, and we simply don't have a team of people who want to bring the guild alive again, not to mention more than a little weariness ourselves. It's welcome, always, if people express an interest in seeing the guild back, but one kind offer from Dreth isn't going to change matters for now.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next