Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fate of the Syndicate - Discussion

+7
Rasonal Dranger
Zhakiri
Gahalla
Magaskawee/Anaei
Valerias
Rhenchu
Gunnell
11 posters

Go down

Fate of the Syndicate - Discussion Empty Fate of the Syndicate - Discussion

Post by Gunnell Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:13 pm

So, I was twirling around on my chair, prowsing the WoW.Com Roleplaying forums and came across a discussion about KoA and server lore (WAAIIT, COME BACK! I'M NOT FLAMING!) and with regards to the Syndicate/Kingdom of Alterac. As I continued to twirl, I had a thought back to my horrible, dire attempt at creating a Syndicate guild in the past and how bloody fucked up that went.

So I twirled some more, and had a few ideas popping into my head in regards to Arathi's current state in server lore, and about their past attempts in killing Syndicate mobs.

Now, we're five years after vanilla launch and with both player killing, and with Kingdom of Arathor/Remaints of Lordaerons server lore, what do you think of the Syndicate's current state? Have the remaints of Alterac been completely wiped from the earth, or could there still be a good few pockets holding out?

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Fate of the Syndicate - Discussion Empty Re: Fate of the Syndicate - Discussion

Post by Rhenchu Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:29 pm

I'd so to say, that with the ultimate defeat, the Alteracs left to the Kingdom of Arathor, and with that say some changed Character styles, and nothing remains of this so called Kingdom. Nor do I think theres anything left of Arathor, but a princes whom claims to be regent of a land taken over by the syndicate and stole the throne from a poor young prince whom had to see his father's kingdom fall to pieces. A sad love story without love. End of story.
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet
Name: Rhenchu
Title: Brewmaster of Kalimdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:25 am

When I was doing Remnants of Lordaeron, we didn't actually have too much interaction with the Syndicate... so I don't think we'd have affected them much in terms of server lore (even though we wanted to!).

Kingdom of Arathor has certainly invaded, but they've never taken Alterac over entirely... and when I was involved in some events about a year ago, the assumption was that there were still some Syndicate holdouts.

I think the Cult of Shadows has been active in the area, though since I don't play horde side, I'd need some folk to verify that!

Alterac is one of my favourite countries in WoW and I like to think there are still some pockets up there, otherwise, it's simply dull.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:42 am

Perenolde is dead. We can assume the Syndicate are in small pockets, like the defias were. I believe.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:07 am

One thing I've recently begun thinking is that there's more to the Alterac story than we're blatantly told. As I was levelling Jayanti, I visited like any rogue, the Ravenholdt manor. As I did their initial quests and getting rep by killing syndicates I started thinking why the Ravenholdt hate the syndicate. Then, as I returned to the manor I came to a realisation:

The Ravenholdt manor is in Alterac Mountains.

My theory is that the Ravenholdt and the Syndicate are fighting a civil war over the nation. The former supporting Ravenholdt as king, the latter the Perenoldes. They are still there among the peaks and inaccesible valleys, struggling for their future. The Ravenholdt slowly gaining the upper hand (due to our help).

That's my theory anyways. Don't have much beyond circumstance that supports it. But it makes sense and paints a neat picture.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:59 am

I would never assume complete destruction of any NPC unit, despite the KoA server lore, small pockets of Syndicate are more than likely to exist somewhere.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:35 am

Aniane/Rohwyn wrote:
I think the Cult of Shadows has been active in the area, though since I don't play horde side, I'd need some folk to verify that!

Alterac is one of my favourite countries in WoW and I like to think there are still some pockets up there, otherwise, it's simply dull.

Aye, we have presence in Alterac, the ruins. I have to assume and act as if planty of small groups of Syndicates are all around Alterac Ruins, and of course- there are some in Hillsbrad Foothills, too.

I say they exist. Not close to be eliminated, yet.
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:45 am

I should point out that the Alterac mountains is a huge region of valleys, peaks, ridges and such. Trying to eliminate the citzens of alterac will be next to impossible due to ample of places to hide, ambush from and flee to. If you dedicated thousands of soldiers and several years to do it. Then you might begin to have some success.

Waging war on the syndicate will be a guerilla warfare on their home turf. Driving them away from the lowlands, the ruins and Strahnbrad is one thing. Trying to kill them off another.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:59 am

I'd kinda agree here with Gahalla. Alterac is supposed to be pretty massive isn't it? And I see it is as the Hindu Kush or the Khyber Pass. And the bandits (syndicate) have gone to the mountains, passes, and camps hidden. Small pockets maybe, and very few actually with interaction between them. Maybe a few lieutenants or such who do make contact with local groups to organise certain raids on farmland, or on a merchant caravan etc. The other maybe more into the waylaying of travellers as opportunity arises.

Edit: And there will always be some people who hold onto a cause, small bands who keep fighting. Like the Defias (in Cata?) and splinter groups of cults and sects (the Cult of the Storm? (do they even exist... I forget even who they are lorewise). Such small groups might eventually regroup, or become other amalgamated in other groups (more hardline, less hardline, more idealistic etc etc). They may also “have their day” in the sense of sudden changes enabling a more open and powerful presence (someone’s death? Cataclysm(ic) changes? Or a new charismatic/ruthless leader uniting them to “glory” once more?)

/ramble
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:05 am

Far as I know (since I'm inactive on Saihna currently), we've only really ever cared about the ones in Stromgarde and removed those. The others well, that's up to the Blizzard lore what happened to them. I wouldn't ever want to claim to kill all of them, that's a bit silly. And the fact I'm still hoping someone will take it on them to make a Syndicate guild to interact against KoA ^^
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:32 am

Before creating the Forlorn Cartel my first idea was working on a post-Perenolde, post-Ravencrest Syndicate, stroke hard but still dangerous, now led by another noble house. Here's what I wrote back then, I hope it could help you:

Spoiler:
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:02 pm

To my knowledge... Players, Arathorians, Altericians, Forsaken, Dwarves and whatnot have ravaged that entire faction so badly it hurts them in their graves.

But.. uh.. yeah. That's what I recall from our server lore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:20 pm

Their a kingdom, their not gonna just topple over straight away. Citizens will linger all over the world, and in the remants. See " Fall of Lordaeron ".
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down