Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More public events

+5
Torukan
Kil'drakor
Cathee Norris
Mandui
Elloa
9 posters

Go down

More public events Empty More public events

Post by Elloa Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:18 pm

Hello everybody,

I'd like to speak today about the lack of announced role play events.

I know that the new expansion have come and a lot of players, including me, are buzy on all front. There is so much to do : heroics, quest, dailies, pvp, new alt..whatever...
As the game has become so exiting, RP events have almost disepeared. Sometimes ago, there were several RP event announced here on those forum by week. Today, it's all gone. Appart of my own little event, there was maybe 2 others events maximum organised.
I know there is still a lot of random roleplay happening, or guild roleplay. But that's exactly the problem. If you do not belong to the guild, or if you don't hang out out a full evening trying to find RP, it's a lot more difficult for casual roleplayer, or buzy roleplayers to find interesting RP.

I really would like to sensibilise all roleplayers to announce your events or your roleplay session on this forum.
I'll create a thread, where it will be possible to write : "that time, that place, there is RP happening". This to allow people to organise a bit their evening and see if some interesting RP is happening, or if the night will be spend in heroics or pvp.

Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

More public events Empty Re: More public events

Post by Mandui Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:29 pm

People have always announced their public events here, ever since the forum was created (it was actually one of the primary reasons for its creation). The number of posts in the events section is proof enough for that. I believe you ought to give people some more time. The expansion has been out for merely a bit more than 2 weeks and people are enjoying the new world and what it has to offer, after a long period of boredom. Not to mention that the nearing festive time kinda makes many of us leave the PC for longer than usual to travel/be with family etc. So yeah, wait perhaps a month, then everything should go back to normal.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Yeah, I agree with Mandui. Tbh, there are a lot of roleplay going on even with the expansion. But this happens every expansion. RP gets put on a minor hold for when people have explored the new things a bit. Giving it one or two months and things will most likely be back to normal if not better due to all the improvements in Cataclysm.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:12 pm

Ooh well, don't get me wrong. I was not criticizing anyone to do something else than roleplaying Smile I do it aswell most of the time.

it's just that I know a lot of guilds, or people, or group of poeple are currently roleplaying. But they don't share the information. It was more a proposition to share more event instead of closing them only for guildies or close friends. Smile This to allow players to organise themselves a bit more. "Tonight, what will I do ? I'd like to rp, butthere is no event announced, so I'll do some heroics with my guildies"

this just to encourage a better communication. That was all Smile
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Option C would be to create your own events.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:45 pm

There have been a few events, but think of it this way:

A) Expansion just came out
B) It's the Holidays
C) It's almost Xmas eve, Xmas and Boxing Day
D) After that it's New Years eve and New Years
E) People have to work more during these times and Students are packed with exams they need to revise for January/February (Myself included, I have an MCITP examination in Feb, my trainer who has been teaching Microsoft all his life, and was voted by Microsoft in 2008 as their best trainer, said he had trouble answering questions in the exam)

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Apparently i've some difficulties to make myself understood Smile

I'm not speaking about organising more events, but communicate more concerning the RP already happening. That was the point of this thread.

I was not in any way reproaching or complaining. I was proposing a solution for better communication between roleplayers who are actualy roleplaying on this very moment but don't announce it Smile

And good luck Torukan for your exam !
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:59 am

Yeah I understood ya lowd and clear XD
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyaska Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:16 am

So the problem is not that there's not enough communication, not because of lack of events, but because of lack of knowledge of the ones that do go on...

...Well maybe that's because people don't want ALL their events to be public hoo-has and have every Tom, Dick and Harry that has no reason to be there turn up out of boredom?
Cyaska
Cyaska

Character sheet
Name: Syenna Celeste (EVE)
Title: (NA NA NA NA NA!) Space Pirate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:37 am

I don't know why you're feeling like that.. I've had more RP during december than I've had in October and November combined.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Elloa wrote:
And good luck Torukan for your exam !

<3

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:15 pm

I still sort have issue with guilds being so closed off from one another, on both factions. And roleplay only being found through guilds; which are always bloodly racial ones.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down