Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC] Appeal to the King, Council and People of Stormwind

3 posters

Go down

[IC] Appeal to the King, Council and People of Stormwind Empty [IC] Appeal to the King, Council and People of Stormwind

Post by Melnerag Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:02 pm

*this letter is sent to the officers of the Disciples of Light, Holy Lightbringers, Lightbearer Regiment, Stormwind Operations, the Scarlet Crusade. To the ministers of the Stormwind Council and to his majesty the King*

Hail Anethion, and may the Light guide and preserve!

We fight and bicker while we should reserve our wrath for the enemy and direct our every merit and talent towards his undoing. Men of the Chapter, soldiers of Ironforge and concerned and dutiful volunteers have been working diligently and with risk to their lives to protect the people and turn at long last the tide of evil. We lived there, in utter darkness, for many days. We prayed for dawn, but the sun never rises in that cursed land.

It grieves our hearts that some think that this is our war, Chapter against the Sphere. I assure you that it is not. This war is waged between Good and Evil and for the glory of the Light and the King. At stake here is the welfare of Duskwood and safety of our citizens. Yet, the Disciples of Light have withdrawn their support with a blunt and casual statement. ‘As long as the Chapter controls the town, we will not aid,’ they said with complete disregard to duty.

We would gladly hand over control and security of the town to King’s troops. But where are they? Good men fight in the north, while those charged with the protection of the city waste their time warming the benches of the Cathedral. At this times, sirs, the Chapter is the only force in the Kingdom ready to persist and stay in that gloomy and terrifying town. The people have been given a dim spark of hope after living for years in utter darkness and overwhelming despair; would their hearts bear being abandoned again? And yet abandoned they were, constantly. One holy order or another would come to Darkshire and conquer it, then lose interest and leave within three days. But Faith Did Overcome. We did not surrender, we did not lose our purpose and we shall stay.

Indeed, when all fares well many seek to give their support in search of an easy victory and easy glory. When tough choices and great sacrifices have to be made, when endurance and faith are tested to the point of breaking…many just surrender. They blame all on those who do find the strength to fight on and flee.

We face not cultists and beasts alone; the wicked idolater-Emperor has set his eyes upon this province from the south. Darkshire is a crucial, important strategic position on the Kingdom’s southern border. Right now the Chapter and Ironforge are the only forces capable of adequately controlling the town and protecting it from the cultists. This Kingdoms needs us. I dread to imagine what horrors would be unleashed should we be forced to leave or are abandoned without support: lives of three thousand citizens first falling at the mercy of the Cultists only to be over-run by the savages.

We express our sincerest gratitude to those Disciples and other soldiers and agents of the King, especially General Angelos and the Circle of Magi, who have offered their indispensable support to this holy cause, and we regret that the actions of your less stoic brethren have led to so much evil. Whereas we expected aid in the war against the cultists, many royal agents decided to turn their attention against us. Rather than fighting the wicked, they interfere with the prisoners and try to order good men of the Chapter and soldiers of Ironforge around. This is unacceptable.

We beseech all to finally see reason and realize what is at stake here. We must transcend our disagreements and work as one against the cultists and the savages. We ask the Disciples and other orders to reconsider their withdrawal of support and return in order to do Light’s work. We ask Council to appoint a representative to the province with whom we can set precise rules and conditions of this co-operation and avoid misunderstandings in the future.

I know that some are greatly disturbed with the pronouncement of the Military Government, and especially the inferior position Stormwind orders were assigned. I assure you that this was necessary. For days we had to suffer Stormwinders claiming authority over prisoners and interfering with our work and agents of the King hang around us as angry vultures instead of scouting for Sphere positions. The Cultist is the enemy, not us. I pray that the Council representative will be most reasonable and we could make clear rules for all to follow.

As for the matter of Chairlady Mandui. I assure you that we shall contact her privately and investigate our ranks. For the time being Protector Imanuel is recalled to Northshire for debriefing. I’ve sent a new agent to take control of the Chapter operations in Duskwood for the time being, who will arrive late in the Tuesday evening.

Light save the King

Faith Shall Overcome

Abbot Waldemar,
Supreme Lector of the Chapter
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

[IC] Appeal to the King, Council and People of Stormwind Empty Re: [IC] Appeal to the King, Council and People of Stormwind

Post by Melnerag Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 pm

OOC

Clarifying. Although the tension results in quite some role-play, I find it nearly impossible to continue with this event when people who join the event for the first time come and claim authority, telling us what we may and may not do etc. *glares at certain somebody, who is not Mandui*

So I hope the Council can ICly, or at least OOCly, discuss this matter with me. I asked ICly for a representative considering it is much easier to talk to a person than to a council that meets once a week. Hopefully all will be properly sorted and the clash of authorities will vanish.

To clarify: I do not seek to OOCly 'rule' Duskwood. But neither am I ready to pass over the reigns of everything to a person who comes for a day and tries to order everybody around.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

[IC] Appeal to the King, Council and People of Stormwind Empty Re: [IC] Appeal to the King, Council and People of Stormwind

Post by Melnerag Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 pm

and please, poke councilors to read this so that they can discuss it on the meeting tonight. Can't be around untill 22ish.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:29 pm

To Abbot Waldemar, Supreme Lector of the Chapter

Dear Sir,

to my great disappointment, the Chapter seems once more to be ignoring significant facts and persistently insisting on moving on with their plan. Your men have been repeatedly accused for abuse of power. Despite several such complains from the forces who arrived to Darkshire to aid, as well as some of the town's residents, the Council, although reluctant, has trusted you. However, this trust was shattered once more by the hands of your very own members, attacking me entirely unprovoked two nights ago. I suspect you didn't have the courtesy to read my previous letter or you are simply ignoring it if you did. No one from the Chapter has contacted me ever since the attack, no word of apology or any other kind of regret. The only news I received are from other people about fleeing Chapter members escaping arrest.

Do you truly wonder why the forces of Stormwind are withdrawing and refusing to join you in your cause? Your Order is not stable anymore, Abbot. It's falling apart and this is now more evident than ever. It appears that the terms "Good" and "Evil" have completely lost their meaning within your Order. Attacking your own allies is proof enough for this. Requesting for the people's trust once more, especially after the recent events, is outright disrespectful. None in their right minds will agree to this atrocity.

You ought to repair what has been broken by your own men, not privately just with me, but publicly. This matter doesn't only concern me, it concerns the whole of the Alliance and one of its regions specifically. It concerns all those involved in the protection of Duskwood, since I might only have been the first of many victims to follow within the Alliance. You have spawned great doubt within the Alliance. I would advise you to restore the trust that was once there, before venturing forth again. Bring the ones responsible before the Council tonight, so they might answer for their actions, and this might prove to be a sign of willingness from your side.

With respect,

Mandui Delaney, Chairlady of the Stormwind Council
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Esteemed Chairlady, Respected ministers of the Council,

Your personal disapproval of the Chapter is self-evident in the letter of yours, it is however fully understandable. Before we carry on, I call upon you to review some of your statements. “Your men have been repeatedly accused for abuse of power,” you say in your latest letter (par 1). I assure you that the Leadership of the Chapter in Northshire has never received any complains from the King, Council or Stormwind orders. Protector Imanuel, who is present in Northshire and could speak on the manner also stated that he never received any formal written or oral complaint of the Chapter’s abuse of power. If men are convinced of our abuse of power or misconduct of any other kind, they should report it right away instead of simply grudging in the dark. Your statement is unfounded, Chairlady.

“I suspect you didn't have the courtesy to read my previous letter or you are simply ignoring it if you did. No one from the Chapter has contacted me ever since the attack, no word of apology or any other kind of regret.” This is the continuation of the first paragraph of your recent letter. Your previous letter has been thoroughly read. Our letter to the council even contained a short reply in the last paragraph, “I assure you that we shall contact her[Chairlady] privately and investigate our ranks.” Then you also carry on claiming that you’ve received no word of apology. Your previous letter suggests otherwise. “I received an apologetic letter from Imanuel this morning,” you wrote in the last paragraph of your earlier letter.

“The only news I received are from other people about fleeing Chapter members escaping arrest.” Is how you end your first paragraph. Rhebeca, one of those who have attacked you, has been properly detained and handled by the chapter authorities. So was Christopher. I suggest you do a proper investigation before accusing the Chapter of lawlessness, as I assure you we saw no arrest warrants nor wanted posters against our members. As acting law-enforcers of Duskwood we felt compelled to sort out the perpetrators, which we did with all due haste and determination in the most appropriate manner.

“Bring the ones responsible before the Council tonight, so they might answer for their actions, and this might prove to be a sign of willingness from your side.” The Council, esteemed Chairlady, is not a Court. Those responsible have been in handled by the Chapter internally as current law-enforcers of Duskwood. When the Council appoints a representative, we can disclose the details of our proceedings to him and see if the punishment was appropriate.

You without any proof, although understandably, pound against the Chapter with your accusations of zealotry and attacking our own allies. I assure you that you are the first one to make any sort of complaint. General Angelos, the Circle of Magi and many disciples were present in Darkshire and none of them was attacked or harmed in any way. In fact, our letter of today shows our willingness to cooperate in peace and harmony with the Council and the orders of Stormwind, as long as it is on fair grounds and with transparent rules.
Some of the Stormwind men, especially those of Stormwind Operations, have not been so forthcoming. They came to Darkshire insisting on absolute authority and taking matters in their own hands with total disregard to the situation and current orders and directives offered by the Chapter. From the very start of this operation the Chapter has strived to anticipate and provide crucial information to the Council and the King, informing you of what we are doing and what we are planning. Again, Stormwind’s agents have been not as forthcoming.

The Chapter reiterates:

-People involved in the attack on the Chairlady have been handled. Details will be provided to the Council representative.
-Member of the Priesthood has been sent to Darkshire to take temporarily control of the operation and restore proper order starting Tuesday night.

We humbly request:

-An appointed council representative, empowered with appropriate authorities, to talk in Darkshire on the Council’s behalf.
-Clear and fair rules and guidelines regarding authority and law in Darkshire.
-Return of the Disciples of Light and other of Stormwind’s troops. The province is under attack from the Cultists and the Empire. Much more is at stake than Chapter’s ‘popularity’.
-Better communication of cases of misconduct. If you do not report it, we cannot correct it.

May the Light guide you,

On behalf of Abbot Waldemar, Supreme Lector of the Chapter,

Lector Adelbrecht,
Secretary of H.H Waldemar.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Dear Sir,

several complains about the Chapter have indeed reached the Council over the past month. Reacting upon those, the Council decided only last week to visit Darkshire themselves and try to determine if those accusations are indeed true. I didn't have the chance to do so, since I was attacked myself.

Moreover, I do admit that Imanuel was the one to sent me that letter, as I already mentioned this myself in the very first letter I sent to you. However, by writing "No one from the Chapter has contacted me ever since the attack, no word of apology or any other kind of regret" I was obviously referring to my attackers.

In regards to your members being "handled" as you said, I heard that Rhebeca first resisted and then escaped arrest. I never heard anything about the man called Berathil, who was the one to stab me. As for Cristopher, he was in Darkshire last night and promptly drew his sword as soon as he saw me, while yelling "Witch!". If that is the way you "handle" the chaos within your Order, then I am truly shocked.

Indeed, the Council is not a courthouse, neither did I ever claim it to be one. I never asked for a trial. All I requested was to see some sort of remorse from the ones responsible, and not necessarily from Imanuel or you and your letters. Actions are a lot more powerful than words, Abbot. The ones who assaulted me are still out there and you demand from me to simply ignore this fact and move on?

You seem to also ignore the fact that I already had bad experience with the Chapter in the past. There is no evidence for this of course, since it occurred last year and my attacker is long dead. However, when Imanuel first appeared before the council some weeks ago, asking from the Council to give the Chapter its former status back (since at the time, you were outlawed), I clearly stated that I would vote for such with a single condition. My condition was for your men to stay away from me. Imanuel personally agreed on this, upon which I voted for the removal of your outlawed status along with the other ministers. I'm aware that I'm the only one being so reluctant this far, but you also have to understand that I have more than enough reasons to be so.

Although I'm the only one to voice my dismay this directly, there are others being cautious towards you, as you realized yourself. The fact that so many people refuse to collaborate with you, is an indication for something not being right about the Chapter. People always have a reason to react like this, it's never mere coincidence. Perhaps you should try to find out what the reason is, instead of blaming those who seem distant towards your Order.

I would be most pleased to see a representative at tonight's Council meeting. I'm looking forward to it.

With respect,

Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Rentarn Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:06 pm

For the eyes of Abbot Waldemar, Supreme Lector of the Chapter

It is a common sight, and indeed riddled with irony, that organisations that march under the banner of the Church of Holy Light constantly clash. I find the reason for this to be method, variants of the interpretation of the teachings and having a pragmatic leader and members. With all honesty, the Disciples of Light and the Chapter were no exception to such a clash. It was, then, quite humbling to find such a solid grip on Darkshire drived by, what I believed to be, a willingness to fight evil in addition to spreading good, and defending those that could not fend for themselves. Faced with this, I called for the Disciples for their support, proud that our two orders had found common ground. I am sad to say I was wrong.

Often I realise that the hate for the holy men and women has its source on the idea that the Church is corrupt, a hub of zeal and intolerance. As a Chaplain of the Disciples, I have worked hard to ensure that this was not the attitude carried by my men and women, going as far as enforcing a strict code of conduct. My efforts of projecting a pure and positive image of the Church are completely laid to waste when I assist to such spectacles as the one that occured in the sad day the Chairlady was assaulted. Not only was the Chairlady not able to even speak on her defense, she was also shot a second time while unconscious and defenseless. But I digress, this letter is to explain the withdrawl of the Disciples. My men have worked too hard on their discipline to be associated with, pardon the term, fanatics. They deserve better for their efforts of clearing the name of the Church. Until I am witness to serious changes in the Chapter's methods, the Disciples will not aid.
We wish to fight the cultists as much as any other - and maybe even more -, but it shall be done with rectitude and loyalty to the Church's pure ways.

Glory under the Light and the Alliance,
Dr. Rentarn Finje, Chaplain of the Disciples of Light
Rentarn
Rentarn

Location : (1)A particular point or place in physical space. (2)An act of locating.

Character sheet
Name: Dr. Rentarn Finje
Title: Surgeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Respected ministers of the Council,

The Chapter commits itself to sending a proper representative to the next week's Council meeting. Before we can address the meeting properly, we must first gather information and prepare our case. We hope that you shall take this commitment as sufficient for now.

We also suggest that Chairlady Mandui forestalls any visits to Darkshire for the coming days, as well as dressing for the occasion. You might be an exception, Chairlady, but that doesn't mean that an absolute majority of shadow worshippers are devoted to the case of Evil.

Your mount only underpins the point. What is the next step? A ghoul as a house-servant? You appear to be an intelligent woman and should see that by the merit of the religion you follow, garment you wear, steed you are riding and position you are holding you are bound to receive hateful remarks and abuse from Stormwind's population. Walking into a battle zone dressed as the enemy is no sound idea either.

Cases of Christopher and Rhebeca will be re-investigated, but I assure you that Shadowbreaker Berathil is free of guilt. As a Shadowbreaker of the Chapter he has made an oath to destroy all wielders of Fel and Shadow he encounters, and as a member of the Inquisition is not compelled to abide by Protector's orders. I sincerely hope you do not meet him again, or convert.

May the Light guide you,

On behalf of Abbot Waldemar, Supreme Lector of the Chapter,

Lector Adelbrecht,
Secretary of H.H Waldemar.

OOC
Will send somebody to next weeks council meeting. No way I can do it for today. So go and give Geldar emergency powers and send him over to Darkshire with a division of finest troops (which is slightly smaller than my own division *gulp*)
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:09 pm

Dear Sir,

once more you cross certain borders. I truly wonder how a man of your wisdom can be so ignorant and deceived by appearances. I'm truly disappointed, Abbot. I have served the city of Stormwind for enough years for my loyalty and intentions to be quite clear by now. Yet your men, and apparently yourself as well, seem to be unwilling to accept this, merely due to the way I dress. This is not the mentality one would expect from the leader of a holy Order. You are disregarding my actions, ignoring the long time during which I did my best to serve this city and its people, and decide to accuse me for my clothing and my steed.

As for Berathil, you are obviously supporting a true fanatic with your words, one who is deaf and blind to reason, attacking allies at the slightest sign of doubt, driven only by his zealotry. I'd call this anything but "free of guilt". Such a man is not supposed to run freely about, he's a threat to everyone whose ways disagree with his own in the slightest. One could almost claim that, since Berathil is free to attack anyone not abiding his rules without being accused for it, the victims are free to defend themselves to the utmost, even kill him while doing so, without being charged of murder, yes?

Lastly, you are suggesting for me not to visit Duskwood anymore, because you are unable to control your people? I have to admit, I've rarely been this baffled before. Instead of taking care of the issue at hand, you decide to sweep it under the carpet by telling me to stay away? You are actually depriving Duskwood of my aid, along with the aid of many others who would join if the current mess was taken care of. I'm absolutely speechless and utterly disappointed by this.

I still expect a representative at next week's meeting regardless.

With respect,

Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down