Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Cataclysm afoot?

+12
Quin
Rmuffn
Kristeas Sunbinder
Lavian
itsy
Geldar
Sanara
Antistia
Jayse
Valerias
Elloa
Cathee Norris
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Cataclysm afoot? - Page 2 Empty Re: A Cataclysm afoot?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:56 pm

I didn't say leave it, I said hold the doomsayers till later into it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Later? You realize that it is less then one and a half month until the Cataclysm happens? Later doesn't really exist. Not if we want to use these nice quake effects to create some RP before everything changes.

And again, the doomsaying is already started, whether we as players agree to it or not. Heck even Velen has predicted that these quake might be the sign of the end. So yeah.. There's not really much of an argument to that this wouldn't be big already.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Later as in when the elementals attack, if doomsayers would be used at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 pm

When the elementals attack we won't be able to really use Stormwind to involve all the quake RP, as they'd be swarming the city. Naturally that too should be used to make RP events, but leaving the opportunity right now is stupid. And regardless, people don't have to participate. This is a thread to discuss ideas to events. Not discuss whether or not events should be held, or whether or not the quakes are major.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:06 pm

To repeat, I didn't say leave EVERYTHING. Keep the rebuilding, insecurity, lighties healing injuries, seminaries to calm the populace. It just doesn't seem right to jump to the conclusion that the world is going to end when all we have are incredibly frequent tremors.

And when does Velen say that? In the meeting of the leaders all he says is they don't know how dangerous the quakes would be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:07 pm

I am a bit sad that we wont be able to see your lovely events Julia but I suppose you are right :s. Oh well !
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Perturbo wrote:To repeat, I didn't say leave EVERYTHING. Keep the rebuilding, insecurity, lighties healing injuries, seminaries to calm the populace. It just doesn't seem right to jump to the conclusion that the world is going to end when all we have are incredibly frequent tremors.

Do you think the common peasant would actually stay calm? I dont think they have any concepts of "earthquakes" or "tectonic plates" they probably DO think the sky is falling down and the world is ending, imo
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Doubt it, considering all the things that happen in Warcraft. I'm not saying they'd shrug it off, I'm saying that everyone wouldn't go "Oh Shit We beat the Lich King, Burning Legion, 2 Old Gods, etc etc but one week of earthquakes means we're all dead!"

Citizens would panic, and they're would be unrest but they wouldn't automatically say "The World is about to end" just because of tremors. Nevermind tectonic plates, it's just tremors, even without in depth knowledge of how they work they still wouldn't give up just like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Perturbo wrote:Doubt it, considering all the things that happen in Warcraft. I'm not saying they'd shrug it off, I'm saying that everyone wouldn't go "Oh Shit We beat the Lich King, Burning Legion, 2 Old Gods, etc etc but one week of earthquakes means we're all dead!"

Citizens would panic, and they're would be unrest but they wouldn't automatically say "The World is about to end" just because of tremors. Nevermind tectonic plates, it's just tremors, even without in depth knowledge of how they work they still wouldn't give up just like that.

Or they could look at the amount of quakes, take a peek at Outland and go "Fuck no! DO NOT WANT." and panic.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Are most of the hoi-poloi actually aware of the derring-do of adventurous types though? Sure they see armed men and women, wizards and stuff... but do they know what they've really been doing? Do they understand the dangers like others (Players) do?

I do think that massive and severe earthquakes would scare the shit out of people. Especially if they hadn't had them before ("what the feck is this happening?! why has my <god/goddess/lord/lady/etc> forsaken me!") or perhaps even if they had. The people living in Booty Bay for instance, being seafarers or ex-seafarers would probably have a dire view of large tides and strange things at sea (which is suggested if not shown by the earthquakes). So too the dwarves I guess. Those who mine or dig down would probably question what was happening in the depths of the world.

Indeed, would this effect sea-trade? Would it effect mining? Imagine if trade routes between the continents suddenly got a little less secure? Imagine if the Azurelode Mine was closed due to massive cave-ins?
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Well all the major achievements the alliance has made would be common knowledge, as would at least some of the background behind it. And I don't really see these as massive and severe earthquakes.

EDIT: But I do like your ideas about the effects of sea trade, and mining.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:07 pm

"It seems as if this world is coming apart at the seams. I've seen these symptoms before, on Draenor... We may not be able to stop this. Fleeing may be our best option." - Velen.

Also you might not see them as sever earthquakes. But considering all leaders gather to discuss them all evidence point to that they are.

People would already be in panic as well, considering IC cultists are already preaching about the end of the world. So as mention before, doomsaying has already started. Not by us, but by Blizzard ("These cultists only exacerbate the problems. They preach the end of the world, or that the world is having birthing pains... Hyperbole that is hard for the populance to ignore." - Varian). So these quakes and all around them, is a major issue right now IC. The question is if the servers will hop on it and make events around it which I think we should.

And on that note I'll take some time this weekend to see what I can get together already. Will most likely look into my own first suggestions with farmers having their homes collapse on them.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:19 pm

Im guessing people would be scared Earthquakes are VERY loud so people would proberly be covering their ears also buildings would be collapseing.

Another point would be we havnt seen what this threat is when people dont know somthing they gain a form of fear espcially in a wow timeset. So this would is kind of a new threat for the world. As we dont know who or what is causeing it or if this is what the world does.
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Veia/Aylisha wrote:Im guessing people would be scared Earthquakes are VERY loud so people would proberly be covering their ears also buildings would be collapseing.

Another point would be we havnt seen what this threat is when people dont know somthing they gain a form of fear espcially in a wow timeset. So this would is kind of a new threat for the world. As we dont know who or what is causeing it or if this is what the world does.

If there's a proper earthquake that destroys buildings every few mns then Stormwind would have been raised to the ground ages ago. But yeah we don't know everything, so people wouldn't be jumping to "the world is ending" that quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:49 pm

It doesn't really take a huge earthquake to scare the shit out of people though. I wouldn't say they are massive all the time. But now and then there ought to be a real big one to ruin a building or two. But there's no doubt that IC its a big issue that is causing unrest and doomsayers already.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:24 pm

Julia, I will organise the event once I've some "GOOD" ideas. And it will obviously be open for everyone.
Smile

Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:46 pm

I'll be looking forward to it!
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2